PDA

View Full Version : Fred Kruger fan thread

Edsta
02-03-09, 20:00
I'm not sure how inappropriate this thread is, if at all, but feel free to lock.

I have recently watched my favourite horror films yet again, and I just wanted a show of hands of how many of you fellow raiders also love a bit of Fred Kruger.

I absolutely adore 'A Nightmare On Elm Street'.
The whole concept is fabulous to me. Not only is Freddy a massive horror icon, but everything about the series shines. It's a survival horror if you ask me. Avoiding sleep like it's the plague, eventually failing and constantly fighting the embodiment of evil that is Freddy. Brilliance. :D

Anyone remember 'Freddy's Nightmares'? It was the short series that aired in the late 80s. It was quite bad to be honest, especially compared to the movies, but it was still a fix of Freddy for the fans. I was just being conceived at the time, so thank god for Youtube. :jmp:

So which was your favourite film? Come on! Show your love for Freddy!

http://i44.************/hsvtxe.jpg

TombRaiderLover
02-03-09, 20:04
The first film was great. Fred was a silent killer who stayed hidden in the shadows.

The second film was original, and I liked the possession concept, but overall it failed to reach the height of the original.

The third film was entertaining, but very cheesy, and I wasn't fond of the dream-power scenario.

The fourth film was fairly entertaining, albeit unmemorable.

The fifth and sixth film tried too hard to delve into Krueger's path, and I thought they were awful. "Freddy" was a comedian in the sixth.

The seventh film had a very cool concept (the cast and crew of the original film being stalked by a Freddy-like demon), but the ending felt anti-climatic.

;)

Lara Croft!
02-03-09, 20:11
When I was a kid I was completely terrified by Freddy. Some of the films are really good! Not scary anymore but deserve a place in the classics!

Edsta
02-03-09, 20:12
The first film was great. Fred was a silent killer who stayed hidden in the shadows.

The second film was original, and I liked the possession concept, but overall it failed to reach the height of the original.

The third film was entertaining, but very cheesy, and I wasn't fond of the dream-power scenario.

The fourth film was fairly entertaining, albeit unmemorable.

The fifth and sixth film tried too hard to delve into Krueger's path, and I thought they were awful. "Freddy" was a comedian in the sixth.

The seventh film had a very cool concept (the cast and crew of the original film being stalked by a Freddy-like demon), but the ending felt anti-climatic.

;)

Nice evaluation, I agree almost completely.
The sixth film was a strange one, Freddy riding a whitch's broom was halarious, not forgetting the "Let's trip" scene. :vlol:
It's a shame how Freddy wasn't seriously scary throughout the entire series but I really liked how each film was very different to the last (unlike other horrors such as the Jason films, I can't remember Friday the 13th part 2 from part 3 or 4).

:)

Goose
02-03-09, 20:50
not forgetting the "Let's trip" scene. :vlol:

:)

Was that the 3d ending, where his daughter kills him?

Angelus
02-03-09, 20:52
Couldn't this have been posted in the Nightmare on Elm Street thread...?

Edsta
02-03-09, 21:50
Was that the 3d ending, where his daughter kills him?

No, unfortunately I have never seen the 3D ending.
This is the "Let's trip out" scene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjCAzjYnn9M&NR=1

Also you have to love the 'Iron Butterfly' music in this scene. :D

Couldn't this have been posted in the Nightmare on Elm Street thread...?

Yes if there was one. I searched.
So unless you give me a link to a general 'Nightmare on Elm Street' thread.. :smk:

Angelus
02-03-09, 21:54
No, unfortunately I have never seen the 3D ending.
This is the "Let's trip out" scene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjCAzjYnn9M&NR=1

Also you have to love the 'Iron Butterfly' music in this scene. :D

Yes if there was one. I searched.
So unless you give me a link to a general 'Nightmare on Elm Street' thread.. :smk:

Clicky. (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=118193)

:ton:

Edsta
02-03-09, 22:10
That thread is for discussing the remake - is anyone here discussing the remake? Nope :)

This is a general thread, for all things Kruger and is not limited to discussing the remake. Back on topic please?
I really want to hear from some fellow Freddy fans. :)

Chocola teapot
02-03-09, 22:39
Absolutely frightened me to death.... O_O lmao

Tyrannosaurus
07-03-09, 06:18
I saw the first film and thought it was pretty good. Not great, but I can see why it has a following.

I saw the second and was amused with all the unintential homosexual overtones, but otherwise fell asleep (seriously).

I didn't see "Freddy vs. Jason" (or was it "Jason vs. Freddy"?), though if I did, I'd root for Freddy. At least he has a personality.

Survival
07-03-09, 08:48
One would expect a fan to write Freddy´s name properly! It´s KruEger :ton:

:D Sorry couldn´t resist :P

Paddy
07-03-09, 09:00
I only liked him in Nightmare on Elm Street 1, he killed people in their dreams, having seen 2 and 3 I dont think he does that so much, I preferred the unpredictability of the first one.

Jo269976
07-03-09, 16:43
Krueger :p

If we were gonna get nerdy it'd be Frederick Charles Krueger ;)