PDA

View Full Version : Student arrested after stabbing a teacher

the hooliganz
03-03-09, 03:28
A 17-year-old student has been arrested after a teacher was stabbed in the back at Auckland's Avondale College this morning.

Inspector Cornell Kluessien said the male teacher was standing at a whiteboard in a classroom when he was stabbed by a student with a knife.

It is understood the Caucasian teacher was taking a Japanese class and was wounded just below the righthand shoulder at about 11.40am.

The injured man's name is understood to be Mr Warren.

Police arrested an international student at a Blockhouse Bay address about an hour after the stabbing.

Newstalk ZB said the student was a Korean national who had only been at the school for a few weeks.

Police said an associate of the alleged offender was also helping with inquiries.

A St John Ambulance spokesman said a man in his early fifties had been transported to Auckland hospital with serious injuries.

Inspector Earle McIntosh said the teacher's injuries were not life threatening.

A scene examination of the classroom is under way.

One reader emailed nzherald.co.nz to say that her daughter was a student at the school and had been locked in the college's squash courts while police searched for the teacher's attacker.

A brother of a student at the College said students have been threatened with expulsion if they talk to reporters.

Avondale College principal Brent Lewis has been contacted for comment but has so far not returned phone calls.

Former Prime Minister Helen Clark, MP for the Mt Albert electorate, has arrived at the school.

Students, who had been held back in class, have now been let out for lunch.

Source (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10559746)

This sad accident happened at my school, and the teacher stabbed used to be my Japanese teacher. The whole school was lockdowned, no one left their classes for almost and hour and half. The latest news I heard is that the teacher is alright, and is now recovering.

spikejones
03-03-09, 03:33
wow.... do you know why it happened?

amiro1989
03-03-09, 03:36
Sad.

I remember when I was in class at Université du Québec à Montréal, and we learned that somebody had a gun inside the school. We were so freaked out. We were lucky, that nobody was hurt in the process, and that it was a false alarm. We did have a bomb threat as well, the day after, but this one turned out to be true. They had to destroy it, before it exploded.... They didn't found who was behind those attacks though... It was the worst week of my life...

the hooliganz
03-03-09, 03:38
wow.... do you know why it happened?
yeah, but my lips are sealed

spikejones
03-03-09, 03:41
too bad I saw it!!! :mis:
I'm gonna report you, I'm gonna report you :p
nah.. the truth should be told. and if it was what I caught a glimpse of, no wonder the faculty doesn't want the word to get out about it. That could discredit the institution and/or cause fines to be imposed. still doesn't negate the fact that what the kid did was wrong though.

freeze10108
03-03-09, 03:44
Now that's messed-up! What in the world would drive someone to stab a teacher?! And what's this about being expelled if you talk to reporters? That's almost as ridiculous (from my current perspective) as the alleged incident. I hope the teacher recovers fully though.

spikejones
03-03-09, 03:46
^ apparently the reason for the attack is a bit controversial - and the school wants to cover that part up.

the hooliganz
03-03-09, 03:49
Now that's messed-up! What in the world would drive someone to stab a teacher?! And what's this about being expelled if you talk to reporters? That's almost as ridiculous (from my current perspective) as the alleged incident. I hope the teacher recovers fully though.
i dont remember anything about being expelled if we talked to the press, they just said not to talk to them

EmeraldFields
03-03-09, 03:51
i dont remember anything about being expelled if we talked to the press, they just said not to talk to them

Well, we aren't the press...:whi:

freeze10108
03-03-09, 03:52
^ apparently the reason for the attack is a bit controversial - and the school wants to cover that part up.

I'm no legal expert, (even less so on foreign law) but couldn't that be considered obstruction of justice (http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/obstruction-of-justice.html)?

So is this kid lying?http://i43.************/a0lc3p.jpg

A brother of a student at the College said students have been threatened with expulsion if they talk to reporters.

rowanlim
03-03-09, 03:53
That's awful. I hope the teacher recovers soon.

I worry that the mental state of our youths are less stable, or there are more cases of students behaving violently :(

the hooliganz
03-03-09, 04:08
So is this kid lying?http://i43.************/a0lc3p.jpg

yup

UPDATE: Apparently the teacher spanked (:confused: my grandma told me this, she was listening to the radio) the student and the student stabbed him with scissors.

EmeraldFields
03-03-09, 04:10
Yikes! Talk about an overreaction on both parts.

the hooliganz
03-03-09, 04:23
I wouldnt believe the story if I were you, I knew Mr Warren, and he gets angry easily, but he wouldnt slap a student
And my grandma has a bad hearing :p

Jo269976
03-03-09, 08:40

:pi:

<_< ... >_>

In all seriousness, this is awful :(

Lara Croft!
03-03-09, 11:37
That's crazy! And I bet happening in your own school makes it surreal!

Punaxe
03-03-09, 12:44
Well this is horrible on two accounts... The whole thing happening, and the school trying to cover up the truth... O_o Spikejones, call the cops and don't reveal your source! :p

Chocola teapot
03-03-09, 16:52
Extremely shocking!

adventurerLara
03-03-09, 18:39
wow some people are out of control

Atlantisfreak666
03-03-09, 18:41
That's horrible!
:(
What the :cen: is happening to the world?

sandygrimm
03-03-09, 18:42
Hmh.. what's new?

the hooliganz
04-03-09, 03:52
The principal addressed this officially this morning at school and the stabber is now in questioning. Nothing new came out except that the teacher received four stitches.

The word around the school was that he said a racist joke, that ****ed the student off and stabbed him.

mizuno_suisei
04-03-09, 13:28
すぐ元気になってください。気をつけてウォレン先生。
(Take care and get better soon Mr Warren.)

Thats horrible :( Kinda reminds me of the stabbing that happened many years ago at the highschool i went to, was terrible I heard.

Glad your alright :)

MattTR
04-03-09, 16:51
Terrible.. nothing suprises me anymore. :(

Draco
04-03-09, 17:10
Another day on Earth.

Larapink
04-03-09, 19:24
Absolutely shocking! :eek:

What is the world coming to? :(

H4RR7H
13-03-09, 03:13
thehooliganz and two of my other best friends go to this school... :(

aileenwuornos
13-03-09, 03:24
Sad, but hardly surprising for either party.