PDA

View Full Version : Bleeching hair

Simochka
04-03-09, 00:04
Hello. :)
I bleached my hair for the first time today.
I had black hair and now it's black, red and orange. I'm going to bleach it 2-3 times more.
But I wonder. How long should I wait between bleaching it? Some says 2-3 days and some 1 week.
I'm going to colour my hair blue so I need blonde hair now.

Thank you (:

Joely-Moley
04-03-09, 00:07
As long as possible, give your some hair time to heal. I bleached my hair 3 times in a row the ends snapped on, so just be careful. I’d say week at the very minimum. Though bare in mind I’m no expert, just talking from experience.

spikejones
04-03-09, 00:23
Same amount of damage would be done to it overall if you were to just bleach it straight white the very first time - as it would be to do: red -> orange -> yellow -> white in just a couple days. Given that fact, go ahead and kill some brain cells :tmb:

Voni
04-03-09, 00:29
Eek! Give it as long as you can between bleachings, just to be sure it doesn't snap off! Ok, I'm only joking, but I've bleached my hair twice in one day before and ooh, it wasn't good. Better yet, get a hairdresser to do it!

Neteru
04-03-09, 00:31
It depends upon various things. I always leave a gap of three days between the two bleaches it takes me to get it as light as I want it.

Anyway, you can't just whack it on your hair and expect to get a lift if you have no clue what you're doing. It requires a stong enough peroxide and enough heat to get the lift. It sounds to me like you've just bought a packet job, which is never gonna be strong enough for black hair, even if you do try three goes.

Now, I'm not telling you what you should do because of the risks involved. But I'll say what I do, based upon experience and knowing what I can tolerate. Cream peroxide at 40 vol mixed with powder bleach for 45 minutes. Mixed well of course (cream peroxide is better for this), and then I put a plastic back on my head, lightly, and then two towels, lightly, to contain as much heat as possible. I repeat the process three days later with a 30 vol.

What I would say is that if you're not used to it, it's not likely that you could handle a 40 vol. You may not even be able to handle a 30 vol, and no hairdresser is going to put a 30 vol on your head. So whatever you do, be very careful and check it every ten minutes. That means both the colour and strength of your hair - get a small section and pull it. If it snaps really easily, wash it off immediately. If it's burning, wash it off immediately (in cool water of course).

Simochka
04-03-09, 00:38
Thank you everyone.

I have a friend who colour her hair every week. Green, yellow, blue, red, purple, pink and you name it.

So she bleach it very often. And my other friends hair started to fall of because he did it 2 times in one day.

So I'm going to wait 3-7 days. I think my black hair will be brighter next time because I had very very black hair. Now it's brown/red everywhere.

I use Viva bleach and on their website they say 'be wild with your colour, be nice to your hair' . So I don't think it's a very strong bleaching. But I'm going to ATM my hair seems normal but more shiny then usual.
But thank you for all the tips. :D

spikejones
04-03-09, 00:49
seems that others have had worse experiences than I have:confused:

The very first time I had my hair bleached, it was a white frost to a few of the tips to look like sugar ray did here:

http://i43.************/i5ab61.jpg
(I had it done by a hair dresser)

after that, I did more crazy things by myself. My avatar is an image of me after having bleached my hair from this color:
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo279/stryderjones/evolution/slipknot.jpg

to blonde (in one day) followed by (in the same day) coloring it RED. The red dye was only a semi permanent one and had mostly washed out leave the orange color seen here:
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo279/stryderjones/evolution/avatarfullsize.jpg

You can actually see the dark roots since it had been awhile since I did that. But my hair never fell out from any of that. I went through a few colors actually - blue, red, purple, glossy black, bleached out etc.. All my jobs were done in one day and mostly by myself using supplies you can get either on the grocery store/wall mart hair product aisle - or at a place like Sally's Beauty.

IceColdLaraCroft
04-03-09, 03:14
You look cuter with dark hair. Ginger is a turn off :x

EmeraldFields
04-03-09, 03:19
I actually like the surfer pic!:D

IceColdLaraCroft
04-03-09, 03:25
You just like the half naked tanned toned surfer bod

MattTR
04-03-09, 04:24
Go blond, I'm naturally blond so don't have much experience in the bleaching department, but I think it's the hottest hair color out there, hehe, just kidding, it's up to you. Good luck. :cool: :hug:

Simochka
04-03-09, 04:28
Go blond, I'm naturally blond so don't have much experience in the bleaching department, but I think it's the hottest hair color out there, hehe, just kidding, it's up to you. Good luck. :cool: :hug:

Actually I'm only bleaching my hair blonde so I can colour my hair in more extreme colours like green, blue etc.. :p

And wow SpikeJones. I hope I have the same luck as you :D
I would die if my hair would start to fall off. I would look like **** :S :p

MattTR
04-03-09, 04:31
Actually I'm only bleaching my hair blonde so I can colour my hair in more extreme colours like green, blue etc.. :p

And wow SpikeJones. I hope I have the same luck as you :D
I would die if my hair would start to fall off. I would look like **** :S :p

Oh! I see, if you don't mind me asking are you a guy or a girl?

Here's a pic of me if you're wondering, never dyed it in my life. :p

My hair seems to get more golden with exposure to the sun and darker during the colder months:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/Mattxz/me_sit.jpg

Simochka
04-03-09, 04:33
I'm a guy (: (a guy who wears make up etc.. xD:p)

And god I wish I was naturally blonde. you can use all colours out there. :p

You look great BTW. :D

MattTR
04-03-09, 04:38

Aww, thanks. :hug: I never really tried messing with it, a friend told me to put in high lights.. but I don't bother. Good luck with your bleaching, be sure and post pictures, what colors are you interested in dying it? :wve: :hug:

Feather Duster
04-03-09, 04:39

Yeah :( My hair is kinda long (to my bust), but I'm getting it cut soon, like short. My mom said maybe that she'll do the bleaching and let me dye it pink.

Jo269976
I used to have platinum hair, then it went brown.

...True story.

Nefertiti_89
Just do it, it wont make your hair fall out, but if you do feel like your scalp is burning, then rinse it out right away!

TR love
04-03-09, 08:08
OK TRY not to bleach your hair TOO much. It permanantly screwed my hair. its hard and wiry now, it drives me nuts! Not to mention the regrouth (spelling, i know). I swear it changed my natural hair colour. i used to be honey blonde, now its growing back grey!!! GREY!!!

spikejones
04-03-09, 16:29
^I don't honestly see how that happens... hair grows from the root - not from the tips - your hair should continue to grow as normal unless there has been a chemical change inside of you - not outside.

violentblossom
04-03-09, 16:32
You look cuter with dark hair. Ginger is a turn off :x

:(

i LOVE ginger hair.

anywho, if you're gonna be bleaching your hair, make sure you're taking care of it.

i recommend mayonaise treatments and a ****load of conditioner and leave in conditioner.

Lee croft
04-03-09, 16:41
ooh im bleaching my hair blonde in the summer i might ask my cousin or aunt to do it there quite good with hair

i LOVE ginger hair.

anywho, if you're gonna be bleaching your hair, make sure you're taking care of it.

i recommend mayonaise treatments and a ****load of conditioner and leave in conditioner.

mayonaise and hair conditioner makes your hair blonde ?:confused:

Lavinder
04-03-09, 16:47
ooh im bleaching my hair blonde in the summer i might ask my cousin or aunt to do it there quite good with hair

No, it conditions your hair and makes it soft.

violentblossom
04-03-09, 16:47

lmao, no, it keeps it moisturized so that the bleach doesn't murder your hair.

Lee croft
04-03-09, 16:48
lmao, no, it keeps it moisturized so that the bleach doesn't murder your hair.

No, it conditions your hair and makes it soft.

ahhh ok lol this why i dont deal with hair!!

sheepydee
04-03-09, 18:36

i LOVE ginger hair.

EEEEEEEWWWWWWWW! MAYONAISE?! yuk lol

Seb_01225
04-03-09, 18:39
i've bleeched my hair for 2 years now.

big mistake.

Larapink
04-03-09, 18:43
Be careful, it's best you go to a hairdresser they should be able to help you it's never a good idea to bleach your hair by yourself. Because it can damage your hair quite badly.

violentblossom
04-03-09, 18:52
EEEEEEEWWWWWWWW! MAYONAISE?! yuk lol

lol, yeah you get to smell like a sandwich 'til you rinse it out.

it does wonders, though.

corey01
04-03-09, 19:27

Ditto XD i highlighted my hair not long ago, because it went a bit darker because of UK's lack of sun this year:p
i wouldnt bleach your hair more than once a week minimum, ive heard stories of hair snapping in your fingers:yik:

Trigger_happy
04-03-09, 19:31
Whatever you do, don't bleach it and then immediately dye it. My friend did that, and instead of going brown, her hair went bright ginger. Not just redish, bright orange. With blonde patches in. It looked very, err, unique.

violentblossom
04-03-09, 19:34
Whatever you do, don't bleach it and then immediately dye it. My friend did that, and instead of going brown, her hair went bright ginger. Not just redish, bright orange. With blonde patches in. It looked very, err, unique.

this happened to me. O.O afterwards, i went to a salon to get it fixed, and for a bit, it looked really cool, and then when the color started fading, i looked GOD awful... super white trash.

I had to go back to black to fix it. :mad:

Lee croft
04-03-09, 19:43
i hate the fact that couler fades when i dyed my hair red i had to dye it brown 1st to get rid of the highlights then i put the red on it and it came out really dark red and some parts looked purple then a few weeks later it faded into a brown redish couler not what i wanted at all ... i was aiming for the red the britney spears has in her womanizer video and its not that at all....and this dye is supposed to have built in couler protect but i wanna be blonde now.. how many time's would i have to bleach my hair if it's brown?

touchthesky
04-03-09, 20:15

I was bright ginger once! I actually lked it, though.

http://file043a.bebo.com/2/large/2008/06/16/18/2993003851a8041816478l.jpg

^there it is :)!
Anyway, back on topic;

I would leave it as long as possible. I once bleached my hair too soon after previous bleaching and my hair was a MESS. Had to spend almost 25 on decent conditioner to sort it out..by the time I'd used the ammount I had to, the bottle was mostly gone and the hair a complete mess!

ClassicCroft
04-03-09, 21:32
i coloured my hair dark brown and i have it blonde again(my normal hair colour), and first i had white hair.. :p seriously WHITE!

Simochka
05-03-09, 23:19
I just bleached it for the 2th time today. I'm going to wait a week until next time. I use a hair mask (that's what it say) every time I shower. So my hair is soft and seems healthy :p

Here's how it looked before. 1 week ago. (I'm a littlelittle drunk here and you can't see my eyebrows :p)
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/pattelalle/5ygr5gh.jpg

And this is how it looks now. I had to use the giant sunglasses because I don't have any make up or eyebrows :p
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/pattelalle/ghrhrjjy.jpg

Nefertiti_89
05-03-09, 23:21
^ Oh yeah, it goes orange for a bit lol

Good luck with it :tmb:

Simochka
05-03-09, 23:22
Yeah. It looks more dark red now when it's dry.

And thank you. Can't wait until I'm blonde :p :D

Be careful, it's best you go to a hairdresser they should be able to help you it's never a good idea to bleach your hair by yourself. Because it can damage your hair quite badly.

My friend did that. The one I told about in the beginning who colour her hair every week.

She started in a expensive hairdresser. Guess what happend? Her hair felt like chewing gum and was totally ruined. And she had to cut it off. Now she's been doing it herself in 2-3 years without any problems (:

Larapink
06-03-09, 03:41
My friend did that. The one I told about in the beginning who colour her hair every week.

She started in a expensive hairdresser. Guess what happend? Her hair felt like chewing gum and was totally ruined. And she had to cut it off. Now she's been doing it herself in 2-3 years without any problems (:
She obviously didn't go to a professional hairdressers then, because they actually know what they are doing.

You don't need to bleech your hair everytime you want colour. If you want colour in it, just colour the hair with your natural colour.

I've never coloued my hair ever, but it's just I have learned some information from my friend who is a hair stylist.

Simochka
06-03-09, 15:33
She went to our town most expensive hair dresser where all the brats go.

And I'm going to have blue, red, pink, green and colours like those. And you need to be blonde to use these colours (:

angelfaithrox
06-03-09, 15:43
To get rid of the orangey you'll need a toner.

My advice would be to leave it for a while, Bleach it again the put on a toner and it will lift out the orange tints and give you that white blonde way which if perfection for dying it crazy vibrant colours. :)

drakl0r
06-03-09, 16:27
I'd like to bleach my hair, but I doubt that blonde will look good on me...I have very dark hair because I'm Asian.. :p