PDA

View Full Version : 911, its a McEmergency!

Nefertiti_89
05-03-09, 05:22
OH. MY. GOD. What goes through peoples heads sometimes!

An American woman who paid for a 10-piece meal of McDonald's Chicken McNuggets became irate after she was told the store was out of them. So she called 911.

Three times.

"This is an emergency. If I would have known they didn't have McNuggets, I wouldn't have given my money, and now she wants to give me a McDouble, but I don't want one," Latreasa Goodman told police. "This is an emergency."

The McNugget meltdown happened last week and ended with Goodman, 27, getting a notice to appear in court on a charge of misusing 911, according to a recently released police report.

Goodman told investigators she tried to get a refund for the 10-piece McNuggets but the cashier told her all sales are final.

"I called 911 because I couldn't get a refund, and I wanted my McNuggets," Goodman told police.

The cashier told police she offered Goodman a larger portion of food for the same price to make up for it, but said Goodman got "irate", the report states.

Goodman reportedly yelled, "I don't want a McDouble and small fry," the cashier told investigators.

Dispatchers for 911 told police Goodman called the emergency number three times and on each occasion was told an officer was en route.

"Goodman maintained the attitude 'This is an emergency, my McNuggets are an emergency'," the report states.

McNuggets, introduced to the McDonald's national menu in 1983, are sold in more than 100 countries and often are dunked in barbecue or hot mustard sauce.

Source (http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/763961/woman-calls-911-in-chicken-mccrisis)

TRenTIs
05-03-09, 05:26
Just eat something else. It's not the cashier's fault that they are out of them. They have just sold out. And she should have been given a refund. McDonald's gives refunds all the time.

Stupid customers are stupid.

freeze10108
05-03-09, 05:29
I most certainly would be mad if I paid money for something and then was told they were out and wouldn't give me my money back (as the case appears to be here), but this is ridiculous! What a waste of police time!

BTW, I love the title you gave the thread!

Sharon_14
05-03-09, 05:31
What's wrong with people...:confused:

Elmer
05-03-09, 05:39
Terrible! Just terrible!:(
What has our Earth become!
It really is going downhill with our sweet planet, really.
They should have made more Mcnuggets for the poor woman to buy them!

Done with sarcasm:)

I think this is either stupid or just very sad...

Ikas90
05-03-09, 05:57
Heard about this today in college. The world is CRAAAYZAAY. :vlol:

There could have been something much more serious going on at the time. I wonder what she told the emergency service on the phone. :confused: "HALP! IM NOT GETTIN MAI NUGGETS AND I PAID $2 FOR THAM"?

Lenochka
05-03-09, 06:11
Latreasa Goodman is my hero :)

Seriously though xD
She was a bit out there for calling 911 over it lmao but it is a bit odd that they refused to give her a refund when they didn't have what she ordered in stock.

Fish.
05-03-09, 06:14
That's quite simply the stupidest thing I've ever heard... :rolleyes:

Shark_Blade
05-03-09, 07:03
Both cashier/manager (should have refund the customer) and customer (shouldn't have abuse the 911 hotline emergency) are silly.

Goose
05-03-09, 07:31
Lol, ahh cant we have a recording of it??? The source wont load up properly :(.

Heres my all time fav 911 call so far:

5KZ2EVIDDbY

rowanlim
05-03-09, 07:50
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff133/onionethan/onion_Emoticons/080_.gif

I'd take anything from McD's. Some people can be so silly.

Paddy
05-03-09, 07:57
:vlol::vlol: One of the funniest things Ive read.

sandygrimm
05-03-09, 09:00
Geez.. the stupidity of some people!

Draco
05-03-09, 09:38

Lol

viper456
05-03-09, 09:44
I would want to take her to the nearest McDonalds with McNuggets....buy them for her....open the box for her...then grab a fist full and with my full force palm them to the back of her throat whilst yelling "THERE'S YA MC ****ING NUGGETS!"

Who in their right mind would dial for the emergency services THREE times over some processed crap?

Forwen
05-03-09, 10:52
Don't tell anyone, but Goodman is one of my undercover agents tasked with saving the world from McD. Only this thread makes it clear that having them make asses of themselves isn't gonna work - people don't yet hate McD enough to rally behind just about any loser it seems.

Legend Killer
05-03-09, 10:56

5KZ2EVIDDbY

:vlol: Classic! :cln:

CerebralAssassin
05-03-09, 11:00

5KZ2EVIDDbY

lmfao!!:vlol:

Mr.Bouncer
05-03-09, 11:19
Why not people get their brains bigger just a little bit n think of PROFOUND things rather than fighting with the flies over their faces (arabian quote)

Voni
05-03-09, 11:22
Whuh?

Why in the name of arse was an officer sent out?! Are there not important things to worry about? Ok, they should have given her a refund, but the woman is clearly off her head!

Goose
05-03-09, 11:26
Can someone post the embeded video if there is one on the page of the mcdonalds call? Or is it just an advert that i cant see?

Draco
05-03-09, 11:28
Whuh?

Why in the name of arse was an officer sent out?! Are there not important things to worry about? Ok, they should have given her a refund, but the woman is clearly off her head!

To give her a citation and possibly an arrest for being so stupid.

Lew
05-03-09, 11:54
what a loser

Lee croft
05-03-09, 11:57
what a loser

couldnt have said it better myself :)

Tomb Raider Master
05-03-09, 11:58
Can't bellieve how people can behave sometimes...

knightgames
05-03-09, 11:59
OMG!!!!!! Call the National Guard. There's no Honey Musturd.

da tomb raider!
05-03-09, 13:23
'This is an emergency, my McNuggets are an emergency'

:vlol:

Orionvalentine
05-03-09, 14:29
LMAO! What a silly cow.

Mr.Burns
05-03-09, 14:36
To give her a citation and possibly an arrest for being so stupid.

Evidently she was charged with a misdemeanor of wasting police time (or something along those lines). Probably got a nice sized fine. Should have listened to the manager and gotten something else. :rolleyes:

irjudd
05-03-09, 14:41
This one time I ordered a double cheeseburger through Mack-Donald's drive through and when I unwrapped it it already had a bite taken out. There were totally teeth marks and all.

Needless to say, you didn't want to be the manager that day :whi:

Atlantisfreak666
05-03-09, 15:48
http://www.aeropause.com/archives/wtf-cat.jpg

Seriously... WTF...

Spong
05-03-09, 15:49
I bet she was a really fat woman who lives on nothing Chicken McNuggets.
Personally, I'm glad she did it, we'd not be here appreciating how much of an idiot she is otherwise.

ShadyCroft
05-03-09, 15:55
Wow, MacNuggets are en emergency now ?
Then I wonder what heart attacks are...

I don't know what to say. This is really silly...there are far worse problems, and you call 911 because you couldn't get what you wanted in a restaurant because they ran out of it ?
What should they do ? Create the food for you ?

Mr.Burns
05-03-09, 16:01
In her mind, the restaurant stole her money since they refused to give it back. But since they didn't tell her they were out of the requested item, an offer for a different item was reasonable. Some people need a good smack in the back of the head.

spikejones
05-03-09, 16:20
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo279/stryderjones/burns_transparent.gif
In her mind, the restaurant stole her money since they refused to give it back. But since they didn't tell her they were out of the requested item, an offer for a different item was reasonable. Some people need a good smack in the back of the head.
I applaud your ability to see both sides of the story ;)

of course...the cashier should have known they were out of them. that happens to me a lot when I try to order something "sorry, we are out of that" so I just leave and no money has been exchanged yet. Normally when a restaurant runs out of something, you hear "86 McNuggets!!" (means "don't sell anymore of them")

Mr.Burns
05-03-09, 16:24
Wouldn't be a very good mod if I couldn't see both sides :p

Well, the woman has no one to blame but herself for going as far as calling 911. But yea, the manager or those that were in charge of the nuggets should have said something. Someone definitely dropped the ball on that one. At least the manager attempted to rectify the mistake.

spikejones
05-03-09, 16:56
yeah... it was a bit ridiculous how it played out. it could have been handled better by both sides. the woman didn't have to call the police, and the manager could have abode by the mantra "the customer is always right" instead of continually trying to sell her something she clearly did not want.

Dustie
05-03-09, 17:00
If I was working at McDonald's I'd be really careful to tell a customer we have something that we actually don't, becouse some hungry people can be really dangerous.

Seriously...

Fallen.Angel
05-03-09, 17:10
So they wanted to give her a $1 McDouble in replace of $10 McNuggets? I'd be pretty angry if I couldn't get my money back (10 dollars is worth a lot to me since I'm tight right on it) but oh my lord calling 911? Wow. That's ABSURD and ridiculous.

Ultimatum
05-03-09, 17:10
o.o
Something like this happened in my school, when the kiosko ran out of the drink a girl wanted. She called the headmistress.
People can be so silly sometimes

Siberian Tiger
05-03-09, 17:14
The woman is a nugget herself. I'm baffled by the "all sales are final" part, though.

igonge
05-03-09, 17:26
...? Seriously.

spikejones
05-03-09, 17:55
So they wanted to give her a $1 McDouble in replace of $10 McNuggets? I'd be pretty angry if I couldn't get my money back (10 dollars is worth a lot to me since I'm tight right on it) but oh my lord calling 911? Wow. That's ABSURD and ridiculous.
no.... nuggets don't cost THAT much. :vlol:

God Horus
05-03-09, 17:56
I heard about this on the news last night. I couldn't stop laughing :vlol:

Seriously, the reasons people call 911 are getting stupider and stupider. My favorite one is still:

911: Police, Fire, Ambulance, how can we help?
Caller: Hi, I just wanted to see if my new phone is working? Can you hear me?
911: Ma'am, do you require any of the previous mentioned services?
Caller: No, I just want to know if my phone is working.
911: So your telling me you are wasting OUR time, just to see if your phone is working?!
Caller: Well you are yelling at me so I think you can hear me fine.

EgyptianSoul
05-03-09, 17:59
Some people will make a scene out of the smallest things.

Just stupid.

Smog
05-03-09, 18:17
Only in America. :whi:

Mr.Burns
05-03-09, 18:25

Stupidity is a global pandemic that does not recognize territorial boundaries. I've met a few Brits who could give this woman a run for her money.

Immortalis08
05-03-09, 18:28

Just because certain types of media focus on events that happen to take place in America does not necessarily mean it only happens there.

Although I would personally prefer a McDouble to some small bite-sized nuggets.

Mad Tony
05-03-09, 18:28
Stupidity is a global pandemic that does not recognize territorial boundaries. I've met a few Brits who could give this woman a run for her money.You know Mark, I'm getting this feeling of Deja Vu. It's a shame when people ignore posts like this. *sigh*

I think the video Goose posted was even funnier. :vlol:

Bongo Fury
05-03-09, 18:29
Goodman told investigators she tried to get a refund for the 10-piece McNuggets but the cashier told her all sales are final.

"I called 911 because I couldn't get a refund, and I wanted my McNuggets," Goodman told police.

The cashier told police she offered Goodman a larger portion of food for the same price to make up for it, but said Goodman got "irate", the report states.

Goodman reportedly yelled, "I don't want a McDouble and small fry," the cashier told investigators.

Although the woman was was overreacting with the 911 call, I think the mcdonalds policy is still bogus. exchanging money for mcnuggets is still a contract and unless it was agreed by both parties prior that they could exchange one product for another then mcdonalds should have just given her the bloody money back. Although I wouldn't be bothered myself; I actually don't have an issue with her calling the cops because I think it's possible mcdonalds did steal her money - she just should not have called via 911.

Neteru
05-03-09, 18:34
Only in America. :whi:I was wondering how long it would take someone to say that. You need to look into the many cases of ridiculous 999 calls here.

sandygrimm
05-03-09, 18:37
For those curious, I highly recommend the BBC documentary about stupidity:tmb:

ECB
05-03-09, 18:38
This is what civilization has come to...

violentblossom
05-03-09, 18:39
Stupidity is a global pandemic that does not recognize territorial boundaries. I've met a few Brits who could give this woman a run for her money.

THANK you, Mr. Burns. :}

Why do we get stereotyped as a bunch of stupid and pathetic goons? Is it because our media shows this stuff all over the place? I mean, sure, our citizens do some really wacky stuff, but alas, I'll never understand it.

Mr.Burns
05-03-09, 18:45
THANK you, Mr. Burns. :}

Why do we get stereotyped as a bunch of stupid and pathetic goons? Is it because our media shows this stuff all over the place? I mean, sure, our citizens do some really wacky stuff, but alas, I'll never understand it.

Short answer: Stupidity sells. Morons are amusing to us and since we like to be entertained, the morons make the news. A bit of a double edged sword.

Neteru
05-03-09, 18:45
OK, some examples of stupid 999 calls in the UK.

Police: "Police emergency"

Caller: "Hi. I'm next to the M32, city centre... there's an M32 city centre sign. Can you inform Animal Rescue that there's a grey squirrel with no hazelnut trees please."

Police: "There's a grey squirrel with no hazelnut trees?"

Caller: "Yeah. Animal rescue – can you inform the...?"

Police: "And you're phoning on 999 for that are you?"

Caller: "Actually yeah, 'cause his life is in danger. It's rare... it's a grey squirrel. It's a rare... it's a rare species."

Police: "Grey squirrels are not rare, it's the red squirrels that are rare."

Caller: "Well actually I'm not trying to be funny but its half and half... grey squirrels are definitely the rare ones.... It might be a cross breed, oh my god, its even rarer."

Police: "Ok, thanks for your call."

Communications operator: "Hello police"

Caller: "My wife's left me two salmon sandwiches which was left over from last night... and I'm a sat in the chair here and she's out there decorating. She won't put any food on or anything for anybody, I don't know what...."

Communications operator: "I'm sorry but I really can't take this. It's not an emergency because your wife won't give you anything to eat."

Police: "Police Emergency."

Caller: "Hello Sir, it's not an emergency I'm stuck on something for college my love and if I don't get this right I might not pass my exams my darling."

Police: "Hang on a minute, You are on an emergency line, you realise that don't you?"

Caller: "I know but..."

Police: "You want me to help you with your college homework?"

Caller: "No not college homework, my love, it's a questionnaire form."

Police: "What sort of questionnaire?

Caller: "I want to know what year the internet first came out I can't remember."

Police: "What year the internet came out on?"

Caller: "Yes please sir"

Caller: "Yes I'm doing something for my slimming and my dietician helps me loose weight."

Police: "What year the internet was formed!?!"

Caller: "Yes please sir"

Police: "I'm sorry I can't answer your question. We are very very busy tonight"

Caller: "You couldn't tell me a rough guess could please my darling?"

Police: "No, there are other ways of finding out, your local library, asking a friend. 999 calls are purely for emergency calls only."

Caller: "I knows that my darling."

Police: "Please don't call us on something like this again."

Caller: "You couldn't tell me roughly what year?"

Police: "I can not tell you, I have to take other 999 calls so I am going to terminate the call."

Source (http://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/units_and_departments/communications/999_calls/)

violentblossom
05-03-09, 18:48
Short answer: Stupidity sells. Morons are amusing to us and since we like to be entertained, the morons make the news. A bit of a double edged sword.

good point.

we seem to have an over-abundance of t.v shows dedicated to hidden camera moments and "shocking moments caught on tape!".

not too long ago, there was a guy who called 911 because he had a descrepancy with his Subway sandwich.. i think they ended up arresting him.

Mr.Burns
05-03-09, 18:50
It's funny that you brought up those calls Net. Last night my boss and I were arguing with a coworker about which is worse: dealing with idiots in person or over the phone. This just shows that there's equal merit to both sides.

If you call 911 for something that is not an emergency like the situations outlined above, you can be charged with a misdemeanor.

LaraCroftRox
05-03-09, 18:53
*Epic facepalm*

Rai
05-03-09, 18:55
Ok, so she should have been given a refund if she didn't want the (more expensive) alternative offered. Calling the police was just too far. Crackers.

So are the other calls. :vlol:

Rivendell
05-03-09, 18:55
Wow at that last one Net! Regardless of source, I just can't believe it! That police officer should've been fired.
It's a shame some idiots feel the need to waste time on emergency lines, but it's almost a bigger shame when the police on those official lines continue stupid conversations like "What sort of questionnaire?" when it was blatantly not emergency related.

Neteru
05-03-09, 18:59
Wow at that last one Net! Regardless of source, I just can't believe it! That police officer should've been fired.
It's a shame some idiots feel the need to waste time on emergency lines, but it's almost a bigger shame when the police on those official lines continue stupid conversations like "What sort of questionnaire?" when it was blatantly not emergency related.I thought the same. But I have to say, it's a bit like being a moderator and seeing the same stupid things over and over again. Some days you are just filled with a morbid curiosity and simply have to ask, even though you know where it's going. :D

Draco
05-03-09, 19:14
If I was working at McDonald's I'd be really careful to tell a customer we have something that we actually don't, becouse some hungry people can be really dangerous.

Seriously...

Well most people who eat at McDonald's haven't been hungry in years.

Joely-Moley
05-03-09, 19:49
Whoa, my fiancé’s cousin told me about this earlier, and I was like you cannot be serious.

That’s almost as bad as the guy here that phoned the emergence police number, 999 when he got a pizza delivered with 2 slices missing.

scion05
05-03-09, 20:21
Wow, what a McNutter... :rolleyes:

violentblossom
05-03-09, 21:05

^ hey! that doesn't sound half bad, a McNutter, sound delicious and fruity. :vlol:

MattTR
05-03-09, 23:14
And to think I just ate some chicken nuggets.. (Nope,m not McNuggets) :p

I don't blame her in a way.. they should have just given her a refund, but her reaction was way overreacted.. :rolleyes: A lot more emergencies out there.. but hey, she's getting her free $25 gift card for Mickie D's. :p

Great name.. haha. :vlol:

Doesn't get nuttier then a McNutter.. :o

silver_wolf
05-03-09, 23:26
oh my god I hate McDonald's and now it's customers.

Lara Croft!
06-03-09, 00:06
That's good news... for McDonalds' free advertisement!

Joely-Moley
06-03-09, 00:20
Now I want a mcnugget.
...I’m a vegetarian and hate McDonalds.

Gladous
08-03-09, 16:58
I would want to take her to the nearest McDonalds with McNuggets....buy them for her....open the box for her...then grab a fist full and with my full force palm them to the back of her throat whilst yelling "THERE'S YA MC ****ING NUGGETS!"

Who in their right mind would dial for the emergency services THREE times over some processed crap?

Oh my lord! :vlol:

It's just food? :p

rickybazire
08-03-09, 17:40
I would understand if there were gold in those specific ones...who knows...:D

Of course though, I would just quietly complain...at least not phone 911, partially because I'm in England and phoning 911 would be a waste. I mean, them coming over the Atlantic to just get me some change...honestly...

Now, if phoning 999 I did, then that would be fine...

:cln: