PDA

View Full Version : Chirping Smoke Detector!

violentblossom
05-03-09, 14:04
How the heck do i make it stop?!

Laralissa
05-03-09, 14:09
Usually a sign that your batteries are running out.

violentblossom
05-03-09, 14:16
that's what i figured, but i don't wanna mess it up.

do you unscrew it or hit a button or something??

interstellardave
05-03-09, 14:30
If it's like the ones I have you have to detach it from where it's housed and change the battery... if you don't happen to have a new battery ATM then you have to fully detach it from the wall/cieling; ours have wires that are easily to unplug and plug back in.

violentblossom
05-03-09, 15:21
Hammer.

:vlol: THAT'S what i used in my old apartment, roffle.. and then, when my apartment caught fire, i could tell the firemen wanted to womp me.

i found a battery, so nvm.

thank you, friendly forum amigos for all your help, lol, sorry mods, for asking this topic here, of all places. :p

Nefertiti_89
05-03-09, 15:23
^ Thats really unlucky! lol

We dont even have fire alarms in our house...which is really bad considering we live across the road from a forest and we didnt have rain for about 5 years until last year...

violentblossom
05-03-09, 15:23
^ Thats really unlucky! lol

We dont even have fire alarms in our house...which is really bad considering we live across the road from a forest and we didnt have rain for about 5 years until last year...

O.O

omg. get one soon!

Mr.Burns
05-03-09, 15:26
Violentblossom, any luck so far? Because at the moment I fail to see a reason to keep this open if useful advise is not being dispensed.

violentblossom
05-03-09, 16:32
Violentblossom, any luck so far? Because at the moment I fail to see a reason to keep this open if useful advise is not being dispensed.

yes, my dear. i stated that i'd found a battery, so nvm.

sorry, lol. and ty.

:o