PDA

View Full Version : Ladies, break out your makeup brushes for this AJ trick!

Melonie Tomb Raider
05-03-09, 15:47
Just found this last night, I'm definitely gonna try her makeup tricks, this girl is AMAZING! And funny. :vlol: I love her accent. :p

seQweeWvKFw&feature=channel_page

violentblossom
05-03-09, 16:04
oh, Mel, that's great!!!! Thanks! I'm gonna subscribe to her, she's cool.

Melonie Tomb Raider
05-03-09, 16:09
oh, Mel, that's great!!!! Thanks! I'm gonna subscribe to her, she's cool.

I know!!!! :jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

I accidentallly stumbled on her when I was looking at Paramore videos, but it was like Christmas when I found her. I subscribed and watched a bunch of her videos already. She's launching a makeup line soon too, and I'll definitely be buying from her. She is so good at doing makeup! :eek:

violentblossom
05-03-09, 16:20
I know!!!! :jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

I accidentallly stumbled on her when I was looking at Paramore videos, but it was like Christmas when I found her. I subscribed and watched a bunch of her videos already. She's launching a makeup line soon too, and I'll definitely be buying from her. She is so good at doing makeup! :eek:

really? her own makeup line? :cln:

yeah, she was naming off products, and was look "Oooooooooooooh!"

when i go into stores like Sephora, i just die. :p

CerebralAssassin
05-03-09, 16:34
are those farts I hear in the background?? :vlol:

Larapink
05-03-09, 16:36
Oh I am going to try that! :D

I love this makeup look. :D

laralover_07
05-03-09, 19:17

No that's her dog. It's a pug if I remember. She mentions it during the Hayley Williams video.

Larapink
05-03-09, 19:18
When she lined her lashes, she should have used Liquid eyeliner it's better than pencil.

Well thats what I use. :)

violentblossom
05-03-09, 19:22
When she lined her lashes, she should have used Liquid eyeliner it's better than pencil.

Well thats what I use. :)

me, too. i especially hate the roll up kind.. i use liquid up top and pencil on my bottom lid.. liquid just goes on so seamlessly, it just sucks because that's the one thing i can't put on in the car. Smears galore!

Larapink
05-03-09, 19:32
me, too. i especially hate the roll up kind.. i use liquid up top and pencil on my bottom lid.. liquid just goes on so seamlessly, it just sucks because that's the one thing i can't put on in the car. Smears galore!
Yeah I hate that type of liner, I use Mac's Liquid Eyeliner:

http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/imageBank/cache/m/MAC-eyeliner_e_ea40d08d8cd53983f8c1d0c4d8bc7a91.jpg

It's perfect seriously, I just don't use alot of it though because I already have long lashes so there isn't a need for me to wear too much of it on the top lash.

I understand what you mean about the smears what you need is a steady hand and make sure the liner drys don't blink for a few seconds that should help stop it from smudgeing.

By the way, I don't wear make up all the time only for speical occasions. :)

Little-Lara
06-03-09, 03:35
I love Panacea, I'm subscribed to her, and never miss a single of her videos. :jmp: I had a feeling she would be mentioned in this thread before clicking on it...and surprise, it's About her. :D

But this kind of eyelined won't suit everyone.

Melonie Tomb Raider
06-03-09, 04:21
I love when she talks about what works for almond eyes since that's how mine are shaped. :D I've always wondered how AJ did her eye makeup, and this seems very accurate.

Now I'm going to buy a lot more makeup and tests this stuff out. :p I usually just put on a little bit of offwhite eyeshadow and liquid liner on top with pencil on the bottom, but after seeing her videos, I'm definitely going to try experimenting more with eyeshadows and going for a more smokey and dramatic look. I'm excited. :jmp:

Little-Lara
06-03-09, 04:30
Sounds good but remember, all the shadow creative techniques works best with high quality shadows. otherwise it'll looks completely off. I always use my Pop brand shadows to create liner effect, its a great high quality product (among many others ofcourse, i happen to own Pop brand's.)

Melonie Tomb Raider
06-03-09, 04:38
You've got that right. I try to save money on eyeshadow, but it's not work having some cheap powder. I'm doing to start getting some max factor shadows. They may be a little pricey, but in the end, it's worth it.

Little-Lara
06-03-09, 05:43
Its pretty easy. Get the good brands but from the drugstores for regular use, so it's not so so pricey. Then get just a few from the higher end brands like from Sephora to create the special tricks. But Always use base before shadow, u'll LOVE the end results. :)

violentblossom
06-03-09, 13:40
for i shadow, i like: Loreal's HIP series (which is pretty cheap, they have it at Walmart and drug stores), Urban Decay, and NARS.

angelfaithrox
06-03-09, 15:55
I love this girl, she’s amazing at make-up, I am subscribed to her.
I am so jealous of you girls being able to pull of the cat eyeliner, I just can’t do it with the shape of my eyes.

If you like her you should check out xsparkage (http://www.youtube.com/user/xsparkage) She is really talented.

violentblossom
06-03-09, 16:01
I love this girl, she’s amazing at make-up, I am subscribed to her.
I am so jealous of you girls being able to pull of the cat eyeliner, I just can’t do it with the shape of my eyes.

If you like her you should check out xsparkage (http://www.youtube.com/user/xsparkage) She is really talented.

wow, lol she does Twilight makeup.

i just subscribed to her.

NightWish
06-03-09, 16:10
LOL! The snoring sound at the background is hillarious! :vlol:

But I really will try that tut! :D

Lara Croft!
06-03-09, 16:32
She applies mascara just as I do.:)
I loved the eyes... The blush and lipstick not so much.

LOL!!! Sounded like snoring to me!

william croft
06-03-09, 17:19
I saw her in a program yesterday called Real Britan (BBC Three)
It was all about how she got offered the make up line and some money and a contract and brought some stuff knowing shes guarenteed some money but alas the launch day is pushed untill March and some money problems come up but they're all cleared up and in preperation she goes to NY to see how everyones working. Shes really geniunine, she felt she wanted to be part of it all and not just get the money. The product is still to launch I think and well.. Best of luck to her

Edit: I can't say much about the make up as I'm male but I just felt like sharing what I saw. :p

Lara Croft!
06-03-09, 17:58
I love Panacea,

'Panacea' means is Greek "to heal everything"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panacea

Eleana
06-03-09, 18:58
Great topic!! Thanks Mel! :D

I've been watching her video's for about a year now. She did a really grunge, heavy look which I loved (I think it was a mimic of the girl from Evanecense) I bought the MAC shade sticks so I could try out her tut's.

Unfortunately I don't have the right shaped eyes for this one which I'm gutted about... its a gorgeous look. :(

C'mon girlies! Lets talk more make up :hug:

Little-Lara
08-03-09, 06:59
'Panacea' means is Greek "to heal everything"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panacea

Wow, did not know this. Cool :eek:

Great topic!! Thanks Mel! :D

C'mon girlies! Lets talk more make up :hug:

I know, right? :jmp: Yay lets keep it up.

...and yeah, Loreal's HIP. I love those too. I have 4 pigments, and the light brown shadestick. They's some damn good competion for those expensive brands out there. I always held myself back from spending money on pigments and waited for the best and the 'frooglest' brands, and bam, out comes Loreal's HIP.

I also have one Revlon's special line Diamond Lust - Champagne Buzz eyeshadow.....it's the cutest soft sparkle/highlighter. (not to mention the quantity is a lot 1.5g)

Your_Envy*
08-03-09, 09:25
She's great! :)
The only thing I don't like is how she puts her mascara on. :rolleyes: It looks weird in the end in my opinion. But everything else - :cln:!

Eleana
08-03-09, 11:05
Wow, did not know this. Cool :eek:

I know, right? :jmp: Yay lets keep it up.

...and yeah, Loreal's HIP. I love those too. I have 4 pigments, and the light brown shadestick. They's some damn good competion for those expensive brands out there. I always held myself back from spending money on pigments and waited for the best and the 'frooglest' brands, and bam, out comes Loreal's HIP.

I also have one Revlon's special line Diamond Lust - Champagne Buzz eyeshadow.....it's the cutest soft sparkle/highlighter. (not to mention the quantity is a lot 1.5g)

I haven't seen any new Loreal lines over here recently. I'll check out the Revlon lines when I'm in town next weekend. I'm far to into the habit of buying matt eyeshadow. I need more sparkle. ;D I bought some new eyelash curlers this weekend. My lashes have no natural curl to them. :(

I swear I've spent a fortune on MAC which I don't mind because its really good. I went way over £100 last year just on brushes (I think I bought 4)

I've always believed that its not so much the products, but what you use to apply them with. I bought a jet-black MAC pigment which is messy as hell, but I use my angle eyeshadow brush and use it for eyeliner. It works a dream and is far longer lasting than pencil liner for me.

I watched the video again, and the pink blush she uses is nice for a Rihanna inspired look. For Angelina definition I would probably use a light dusting of bronzer to create her lovely cheekbones. :D