PDA

View Full Version : Anime DVD plot descriptions

Solice
06-03-09, 05:52
I really like Anime, so I read a lot of plot descriptions. Most are very entertaining because the descriptions are just hilarious.

They all sort of read like this...

"A meteorite crashes to Earth, bringing with it a deadly virus known as M34 that infects humans, turning them into lethal beastlike monsters. The world's top organizations quickly convene in hopes of coming up with a way to fight the vicious disease before it wipes out the human race. But as the virus continues to spread and mutate into different strains, mankind's only hope may be a 16-year-old girl."

Now that is Anime. The world’s only hope is a squeaky voiced teenage girl :D

LaraCroftRox
06-03-09, 12:08
I really like Anime, so I read a lot of plot descriptions. Most are very entertaining because the descriptions are just hilarious.

"A meteorite crashes to Earth, bringing with it a deadly virus known as M34 that infects humans, turning them into lethal beastlike monsters. The world's top organizations quickly convene in hopes of coming up with a way to fight the vicious disease before it wipes out the human race. But as the virus continues to spread and mutate into different strains, mankind's only hope may be a 16-year-old girl."

That sounds pretty epic :p

:ton:

''On the first day of high school a beautiful girl named Haruhi Suzumiya introduces herself as having "no interest in ordinary humans". She asks for any aliens, time travelers, sliders or espers to join her. Watching her weird behaviour is Kyon who sits in front of Haruhi and is the only person who talks to her. When Kyon comments about Haruhi's joining every club in school and then quitting he unwittingly gives Haruhi an idea to start her own after school club. Thereafter Kyon and several others find themselves dragged, literally, into the Save our world by Overloading it with fun Suzumiya Haruhi's ''

Tyrannosaurus
07-03-09, 05:06

She is also a childish-looking Mary Sue with swanky combat abilities and no pubic hair. And she may have to save the world through performing some daunting sex act with a tentacled being.

Solice
07-03-09, 23:35
That sounds pretty epic :p

:ton:

''On the first day of high school a beautiful girl named Haruhi Suzumiya introduces herself as having "no interest in ordinary humans". She asks for any aliens, time travelers, sliders or espers to join her. Watching her weird behaviour is Kyon who sits in front of Haruhi and is the only person who talks to her. When Kyon comments about Haruhi's joining every club in school and then quitting he unwittingly gives Haruhi an idea to start her own after school club. Thereafter Kyon and several others find themselves dragged, literally, into the Save our world by Overloading it with fun Suzumiya Haruhi's ''

And she saves the world...gotta have that part:jmp:

She is also a childish-looking Mary Sue with swanky combat abilities and no pubic hair. And she may have to save the world through performing some daunting sex act with a tentacled being.

You must have seen that one:D

Mr.Burns
07-03-09, 23:40
Solice, edit your posts together. Thank you.

igonge
08-03-09, 00:02
Now this sounds mental :yik:

"Mao Onigawara is a happy 8-year-old grade-schooler and the granddaughter of Chief of Staff of Ground Defense Force. Equipped with her cloverleaf-shaped badge which enables her to transform (but gives her no special power whatsoever), Mao and her best friends (granddaughters of Chief of Staff of Air and Marine Defense Force, respectively) will defend Japan against the invasion from "cute aliens," who are way too cute to be dealt with regular armed forces."

I want to watch this :D

Solice
09-03-09, 01:50
Now this sounds mental :yik:

"Mao Onigawara is a happy 8-year-old grade-schooler and the granddaughter of Chief of Staff of Ground Defense Force. Equipped with her cloverleaf-shaped badge which enables her to transform (but gives her no special power whatsoever), Mao and her best friends (granddaughters of Chief of Staff of Air and Marine Defense Force, respectively) will defend Japan against the invasion from "cute aliens," who are way too cute to be dealt with regular armed forces."

I want to watch this :D

Cute aliens alwasy Have to be delt with...special:jmp:

"Originally created by a bereaved professor as a replacement for his deceased daughter, buxom android Cutey Honey now spends her time combating the ruthless forces of darkness in this Japanese anime series. Cutey Honey uses her ability to morph into different characters (from a nurse to a dominatrix to a Buddha) as she engages in conflict with her nemesis, Panther Zora, leader of the all-female crime organization Panther Claw."

'Cutey Honey'? like, they have gotto be joking:p

Legend of Lara
10-03-09, 13:04
"On one hot summer day in 1983, a transfer student named Maebara Keiichi comes to a peaceful rural village in Hinamizawa. There, he befriends his classmates Rena, Mion, Rika, and Satoko. Accepted as a full-fledged member of the "club," Keiichi and the gang plays all sorts of activities ranging from card and board games to hide-and-seek. But just as Keiichi was beginning to be assimilated in simple rural life, he stumbles upon the dark history of Hinamizawa. As Keiichi dives deeper into the mystery, he finds that his new found friends may not be all what they claim to be."

:D

Angelus
10-03-09, 13:12
People actually watch this crap?

Nannonxyay
10-03-09, 13:32
^ Some of it is actually pretty amusing. I'm not a massive lover of anime, but I have watched a few series.

My favourite would have to be Ouran High School Host Club (Although, Haruhi and Tamaki together is a big no, no with me. :p)

Haruhi Fujioka is a scholarship student at Ouran High School, a fictional school located in Bunkyō, Tokyo. Because of the superlative cost of the school uniform, Haruhi resorts to wearing long slacks, polo shirts and vests. Combined with her large glasses and tousled short hair, Haruhi's look causes her to be confused for a boy.

Looking for a quiet place to study, Haruhi stumbles upon the Third Music Room, a place where the Ouran high school host club gathers, a group of six extremely attractive male students (Takashi Morinozuka, called "Mori"; follows Hunni as a best friend Mitsukuni Haninozuka, called "Hunny"; (the oldest but also shortest.) Twins Kaoru and Hikaru Hitachiin; stick together and thinks everyone else around them are uneducated outsiders. Tamaki Suoh, the leader of the club and creator and Kyoya Ootori ,who manages all the events for the club. They spend their time charming and entertaining the school's girls for profit. During their first meeting, Haruhi accidentally knocks over and breaks a vase valued at ¥8,000,000 and is told she was in debt to them for her action. She then joins the club, dressed like a boy in order to pay off her debt. (In the United States English manga the amount is US$80,000).

Haruhi is employed as the club's "dog" and is constantly ordered to do menial tasks like serving food or cleaning up at first. Then club president, Tamaki Suoh, without knowing she is really a girl, promotes Haruhi to "host" as soon as he discovers her potential. Even after the truth comes out in the Club, Haruhi continues the charade and is allowed to pay off the rest of her debt working as a host; in order to accomplish this, Haruhi conceals her true identity/gender from the customers and the school.

LaraCroftRox
10-03-09, 15:50

Yep. ;)

Solice
11-03-09, 04:22
"Hikaru, Umi and Fuu are three Tokyo schoolgirls on a field trip who, upon hearing a strange voice summoning their help, are transported to Cephiro, a fantasy world shaped by emotion and willpower. The trio must learn to trust their new magical powers in order to save Cephiro from the evil Priest Zagato. Guru Clef guides the three friends in their ongoing adventures to save kidnapped Princess Emeraude and become Magic Knights."

Is the scriptwriter on heroine? Inquiring minds want to know.:tea:

Crap is an acquired taste:D