PDA

View Full Version : Nasty youtube video

ultima espio
06-03-09, 16:01
I'm not sure that this is the place to put this...but, there is a nasty youtube video about me, and i reported it 3 times and youtube have done nothing about it. I've asked the person who uploaded the video to remove it, but she says "i cant remember my password" every time i ask. What can i do to get it removed?

irjudd
06-03-09, 16:02
Report it, and ask the person who uploaded it to remove it.

I know what I just said is redundant, but that is because I'm trying to make a point that you are short of luck here.

violentblossom
06-03-09, 16:04
report it again and again.

then flag it.

Youtube should stop, put the WMG stuff aside, and actually get to stuff that matters.

ultima espio
I thought as much, but i thought it would be good to ask just in case.

Mr.Burns
*nods* Not much you can do aside from that. Unless it falls under the category of lewd, sexually explicit or hateful, odds are it won't come down.

Tonyrobinson
06-03-09, 16:08
Well it falls under hateful if it's a nasty video so keep reporting it.

irjudd
06-03-09, 16:09
80% of youtube videos are about how much some loser "hates something or someone".

(10% are rickrolls and the rest are lolcats)

ultima espio
06-03-09, 16:10
Thing is, the person that uploaded it is VERY evasive. And on top of that i cant ask her parents coz they speak barely any English, and are extremely protective if you mention their daughter.

spikejones
06-03-09, 16:13
can you send me a link to the video perhaps? Not that I would join in on the bashing or anything, but I want to see what it really is and perhaps if enough people know about the nasty inflammatory video and report it, something will be done ;)

irjudd
06-03-09, 16:15
can you send me a link to the video perhaps? Not that I would join in on the bashing or anything, but I want to see what it really is and perhaps if enough people know about the nasty inflammatory video and report it, something will be done ;)
You just want to laugh at whatever is so nasty. I know it.

ultima espio
06-03-09, 16:15
I'm sorry no. It's bad enough that it's plastered all over bebo, i dont want it all over the world either.:(

spikejones
06-03-09, 16:19
okay.... does it affect you in real life then? If not... don't worry about it. Not much we can do to help if you don't let us. and no irjudd... I don't just want to laugh.

angelfaithrox
06-03-09, 16:19
How pathetic of her. I don’t know if there is a lot you can do unfortunately, does she seriously have nothing better to do? I'd just try and ignore it, don't let her get the best of you, thats exactly what she wants.

ultima espio
06-03-09, 16:22
okay.... does it affect you in real life then? If not... don't worry about it. Not much we can do to help if you don't let us. and no irjudd... I don't just want to laugh.

Yes, it does. Strangers see me in the street and know my name. They say "i saw you on youtube last night." Then they say what happens in the video... People wont let it go either, i'm reminded of it all the time.

spikejones
06-03-09, 16:24
is this a video of you doing something?
or is it a video of someone talking trash about you?

ultima espio
06-03-09, 16:25
It's a group of people ganging up on me and smacking me.

Nannonxyay
06-03-09, 16:28
That's disgusting. That should definintely be taken down. Videos like that have been taken down in the past due to all the happy slapping which is just disgusting.

The best video was when these chavs hit this guy's girlfriend, and the guy started beating the crap out of the chavs. I personally thank that guy for showing all those *******s that hitting people for fun is disgusting.

spikejones
06-03-09, 16:28
ahhhh.... I see how that can be painful then. But in reality, it just shows how much of a dick those people are. did you ever see (or hear about) the video a bunch of girls made of them beating the crap out of a girl? the people who beat her up got charged with all sorts of crimes like kidnapping, false imprisonment, assault etc...

I don't think its really a slight against the person who gets attacked when I see something like that. In my opinion, it goes to show how intolerant and pussified the attackers are. They are the ones with a problem and look bad there - not you.

res27772
06-03-09, 16:30
I'm not sure that this is the place to put this...but, there is a nasty youtube video about me, and i reported it 3 times and youtube have done nothing about it. I've asked the person who uploaded the video to remove it, but she says "i cant remember my password" every time i ask. What can i do to get it removed?
Post the link to it here and everyone can go press the 'Flag' thing that's on the page as well, that'll get Youtubes attention.

violentblossom
06-03-09, 16:31
i want the link to this video just so i can tell who ever posted it how sick and pathetic their actions are. :mad:

Nerd For Life
06-03-09, 16:32
God...I'm sorry this is happening to you. :(

angelfaithrox
06-03-09, 16:32
It's a group of people ganging up on me and smacking me.

I'm sorry, that's sick. People disgust me, so even after you reported it youtube haven't taken it down?

ultima espio
06-03-09, 16:36
I'M NOT posting the link here. Sorry, but it's bad enough without it being posted on a forum. Nope, 3 times reported, god knows how many times flagged.

Minty Mouth
06-03-09, 16:38
Yes, it does. Strangers see me in the street and know my name. They say "i saw you on youtube last night." Then they say what happens in the video... People wont let it go either, i'm reminded of it all the time.

Most youtube videos from random accounts (such as your friends) get like 4 views, I find it hard to believe such a video had people stopping you in the street. Im not calling you a liar or anything. I just think theres a piece of this puzzle missing.

ultima espio
06-03-09, 16:41
They know my name because it's got my name in the title, and due to the fact i got bullied quite a lot at school, it spread quickly. Right now it's got 404 views after a year and a half. People STILL go on about it.

Rai
06-03-09, 16:43
I'm really sorry you're having to go through this. It is a horrible thing for this girl to do this to you.

I know you don't want to give a link, but maybe if you give the title given, so we can search for and report or flag it again. The more times the better, youtube may just take notice. Also, give it a little time, say 24hrs, give the youtube team a chance to see and stop it.

I'm pretty sure you can trust the people here on this forum to be sensitive enough to your feelings. :hug:

EDIT: sorry, I didn't realise this video has been on youtube for so long already. Still can't hurt to have an influx of people reporting it now.

res27772
I'M NOT posting the link here. Sorry, but it's bad enough without it being posted on a forum. Nope, 3 times reported, god knows how many times flagged.
Ok, well, there's not really anything any of us can do except sympathise. You'll just have to keep reporting it 'til they pay attention...

How long ago did you report the video anyway, I'd imagine Youtube gets a lot of complaints about inappropriate videos, they may just not have got to you yet. Did you tell them the video is of you getting pushed around etc?

violentblossom

we stopped asking you to? :confused: besides, no one here would pick on you for it, we just want to help.

ultima espio
06-03-09, 16:47
Sorry, some one else asked again before. I reported it once a week ago, then again 4 days ago. There was a little note section in the form, and i asked them nicely to remove it. I told them what is happening about it, and still nothing. I havent got an email telling me that my report has been submitted successfully either, am i supposed to get one?

Mr.Burns
06-03-09, 16:49
Contact them directly. If you're so adement about removing this video, bite the bullet and fork over the money to call them directly.

You can contact YouTube at the address below.
YouTube, LLC
901 Cherry Ave.
San Bruno, CA 94066
USA
Phone: +1 650-253-0000
Fax: +1 650-253-0001

violentblossom
06-03-09, 16:50
well, there's really nothing else to do then, i suppose.

we all feel for you, but unless were told or shown what to report, there's nothing any of us can do here.. why don't you ask your friends who already know about the video to help you report it and flag it?

ultima espio
06-03-09, 16:54
Contact them directly. If you're so adement about removing this video, bite the bullet and fork over the money to call them directly.

YouTube, LLC
901 Cherry Ave.
San Bruno, CA 94066
USA

Hmm..so there's no free way to get to them direct? I'll keep trying with the flag and report, and then if that doesnt work i'll try asking her again. Then if all else fails i'll call youtube direct.

I have actually told my friends who know about the video, they just say "better you than me".

Minty Mouth
06-03-09, 16:57
Look on the bright side. You can show this video to the police and get them charged with assault.

spikejones
06-03-09, 16:59
try this:
Our Address

YouTube, LLC
901 Cherry Ave.
San Bruno, CA 94066
USA

call them and complain if the form submission is getting nowhere.

--------------------------------------------

Here's the thing.. you may be entitled to sue for emotional damages or pain and suffering if it really affects you. contact a lawyer in your area for advice and if you have a valid case. I am sure that if youtube was facing a potential lawsuit of any size (class action or single plaintiff), they would rapidly take down the video since bad publicity = loss of revenue for them and their partners. But you also have to look at this... there's lots of videos out there of people who have been beaten up, slapped, or otherwise made a fool of. It may affect some of them in real life - it may not. They may have filed a complaint, they may not have. Big corporations are not so likely to listen to the pleadings of a single person unless there is legal repurcussions involved.

last note. unfortunate as it may be for the video to be up there - it is true that it happened. it is something that you will have to live with. eventually, people will hopefully loose interest in it or forget about it. But you will have to rise above the negative influence it presents for you. And this applies even if there was NOT a video about it. if someone gives you grief about it - assert your side and let the people know how big of a jerk off they were for doing that, simply because of XYZ reason (which I do not know, as you have not shared those details with us). Show them how childish the other person was, and that you arent just a punching bad. you are a person.

res27772
06-03-09, 16:59
Sorry, some one else asked again before. I reported it once a week ago, then again 4 days ago. There was a little note section in the form, and i asked them nicely to remove it. I told them what is happening about it, and still nothing. I havent got an email telling me that my report has been submitted successfully either, am i supposed to get one?
Try contacting them directly through this form - if you haven't already...

http://help.youtube.com/support/youtube/bin/request.py?page=&contact_type=privacy

Ilie_Fusarau
06-03-09, 17:04
Hmm..so there's no free way to get to them direct? I'll keep trying with the flag and report, and then if that doesnt work i'll try asking her again. Then if all else fails i'll call youtube direct.

I have actually told my friends who know about the video, they just say "better you than me".
Maybe you could post the video here so that we could all flag it :confused: or tell someone else to help you by flagging it .
"better you than me". Great friends !:rolleyes: I think you should try and interact with other people , because they seem to not really care about you .

TRfan23
06-03-09, 17:06
Just send the link to any people you trust, through PM's here on TRF. Then they can flag it, and it won't be public ;)

Neteru
06-03-09, 17:07
We're going round and round in circles here. The member does not wish to post the video, understandably, and has said so several times over. Advice has been given. I think we're done with the thread now.