PDA

View Full Version : What is the worst?

spikejones
07-03-09, 00:35
What is the worst thing that has ever happened in your life? How has that affected you?

For me... there have been many a bad things that have happened. I guess I would say the worst was when I nearly killed my self while trying to get high and escape reality. I was pretty much in a black out for three days - only coming to just long enough to pee in a bed pan (after I had pulled out the catheter myself). I won't lie and say that this was a pivotal point in my life... not yet. It took a while for me to get straightened out, years more in fact. But this is one thing that serves as a constant reminder of the dangers of going back to that way of life. Having gone through this and subsequently seeing my grandmother in the same situation - although intentional in her case has been a huge eye opener for me. To spare the details though, I'll just say that the tough stuff we go through in life will eventually make us a stronger better person.

so... what are your stories of overcoming (or succumbing to) bad situations?

Immortalis08
07-03-09, 00:40
I had a deadly STD scare and throughout those horrible months I felt dead inside. I became a shell of who I was and I was always somber and gloomy around my friends. I had no one to turn to because I couldn't let my family know that I could've had a fatal disease and it tore me apart inside. My mind gets the best of me and I become paranoid and afraid. After several tests, everything turned out fine. But I am more responsible about personal life now. I hope I'm fine now. I've slowly begun to rebuild my life right now but until the final test is taken, I'm afraid to be happy.

That and having my grandfather practically dying in my arms did a lot change me. I was different afterwards.

spikejones
07-03-09, 00:43
wow... that's tough. I've never been in any kind of situation like that before. I don't know how I would have handled it. I'd like to think that I would able to tell the family about it to get their support, but I really don't know.

Nefertiti_89
07-03-09, 00:47
Sex, drugs, and alcohol.

All started by the death of my great grandmother which gave birth to some pretty huge abandonment issues and it was all downhill from there really.

spikejones
07-03-09, 00:47
were working on that though aren't we Jo?

Immortalis08
07-03-09, 00:49
wow... that's tough. I've never been in any kind of situation like that before. I don't know how I would have handled it. I'd like to think that I would able to tell the family about it to get their support, but I really don't know.

I did it for them. I was not going to allow them to enter the hell that I created. That is why I neglected to tell them. I took the fear for myself because it would've just destroyed my family if they discovered the youngest was ill. I would have their support, but I couldn't live with being the source of their sadness.

Nefertiti_89
07-03-09, 00:50
Yes we are. :)

violentblossom
07-03-09, 00:58
Becoming part of the bad crowd at 19.

I got wasted on drugs (mushrooms, meth, marijuana, xanax, adderal..), and i lost myself. I became someone i used to be disgusted by. I woke up on more than one occasion with someone (alleged friends) on top of me. I was broken and pathetic and i just wanted to die. I was living in a wasteland.. a sea of self decadence and soul raping numbness.

I'm shocked it didn't kill me.

Nefertiti_89
07-03-09, 01:01

I got wasted on drugs (mushrooms, meth, marijuana, xanax, adderal..), and i lost myself. I became someone i used to be disgusted by. I woke up on more than one occasion with someone (alleged friends) on top of me. I was broken and pathetic and i just wanted to die. I was living in a wasteland.. a sea of self decadence and soul raping numbness.

Sounds similar to what I went through :hug:

spikejones
07-03-09, 01:05
I did it for them. I was not going to allow them to enter the hell that I created. That is why I neglected to tell them. I took the fear for myself because it would've just destroyed my family if they discovered the youngest was ill. I would have their support, but I couldn't live with being the source of their sadness.
interesting... I don't think I've ever thought of it like that before. But I sure know that what I've done was plain for my family to see. It sure did put them through a lot of pain. But things have mended back together now that I am whole again.
I was living in a wasteland.. a sea of self decadence and soul raping numbness.

rock bottom sure aint no place to be. I feel your pain. hope your doing better now.

violentblossom
07-03-09, 01:09
Sounds similar to what I went through :hug:

:hug: I'm sorry.

interesting... I don't think I've ever thought of it like that before. But I sure know that what I've done was plain for my family to see. It sure did put them through a lot of pain. But things have mended back together now that I am whole again.

rock bottom sure aint no place to be. I feel your pain. hope your doing better now.

absolutely.

my fiancee pulled me out of it.. and now i have my daughter to live for. :hug:

Ultimatum
07-03-09, 01:09
Going to a primary school where I only befriended my twin, also everyone bullied me. For real. Like trowing me from the stair then run above me with thoose freaking bags with wheels. And then I moved from that town, and felt terrible lost, for not knowing how to react at talking to new people and make friends. I made a friend after a year having moved.
I now have 6 friends :hug:

Nefertiti_89
07-03-09, 01:12
:hug: I'm sorry.

absolutely.

my fiancee pulled me out of it.. and now i have my daughter to live for. :hug:

Good to know you're out of it :)

spikejones
07-03-09, 01:14
I can't stand bullies :(
I got bullied a lot in school because I'm short and duck footed. It puts a lot of emotional trauma on a person. glad you've got some friends now though :tmb:

Rai
07-03-09, 01:18
Sorry, wrong thread. :o. Tried to edit 5 mins ago, but internet went down.

spikejones
07-03-09, 01:22
ehh... wrong thread Rai?

TRhalloween
07-03-09, 01:26
EDIT:I'm just so full of anger sometimes 0.0 eh, I doesn't make me that much better

Nefertiti_89
07-03-09, 01:30
I must admit I did bully this girl at school when I was like 14, and I felt so terrible about it that at the beginning of last year I actually went and found her to apologize. I could only imagine how bad it made her feel, it must have been 10 thousand times worse than what I was feeling. We are now quite good friends and I'm very glad we are and that we've made peace, but I'll always feel bad about being so horrible to someone who totally never deserved that kind of treatment.

Neteru
07-03-09, 01:36
I must admit I did bully this girl at school when I was like 14, and I felt so terrible about it that at the beginning of last year I actually went and found her to apologize. I could only imagine how bad it made her feel, it must have been 10 thousand times worse than what I was feeling. We are now quite good friends and I'm very glad we are and that we've made peace, but I'll always feel bad about being so horrible to someone who totally never deserved that kind of treatment.Good on you. What a respectable thing to do.

spikejones
07-03-09, 01:40
kudos to you Neffie :tmb:

I'll admit that I had turned into a bit of a bully myself out of the anger of a few different things, the bullying that I received for one - and some other stuff. I eventually realized that I was no better than that which I detested so much, and stopped being a bully. I started sticking up for the other kids who were getting bullied, even if it meant getting myself roughed up.

Nefertiti_89
07-03-09, 01:43

Life is too short and valuable to spend it feeling bad about something that happened in high school and its only with closure that we can really move on.

spikejones
07-03-09, 01:44
ZOMG:yik: thy wisdom is impressive :tmb:

Atlantisfreak666
07-03-09, 01:47
- My 'eating disorder'
- The divorce of my parents
- Being predicted very low GCSE grades

All of those caused depression and low confidence.

spikejones
07-03-09, 02:07
- My 'eating disorder'
- The divorce of my parents
- Being predicted very low GCSE grades

All of those caused depression and low confidence.
what's a GCSE?
I understand the pain of seeing your parents divorce, how old were you when it happened? I was about 5 years old myself. It caused a lot of issues in my childhood behavior actually... until I got older and learned A) why they really broke up (I got the real story years after being told a fairy tale) B) seeing my dad for who he is, and not for what I imagined he would be. It was only then that I was able to accept the way that things were.

Atlantisfreak666
07-03-09, 02:10
what's a GCSE?
I understand the pain of seeing your parents divorce, how old were you when it happened? I was about 5 years old myself. It caused a lot of issues in my childhood behavior actually... until I got older and learned A) why they really broke up (I got the real story years after being told a fairy tale) B) seeing my dad for who he is, and not for what I imagined he would be. It was only then that I was able to accept the way that things were.

It's an exam.

I parents divorced before I was born I think...

silver_wolf
07-03-09, 02:12
well my "worsts" might sound a bit tame compared to others, but whatever.
- my parents got divorced but I was too young to be affected.
- when I was 5 or so I very nearly drowned in a pool. Never liked water since.
- through grade school I was ****ed with and picked on a whole lot. really destroyed my self confidence.

erosan
07-03-09, 06:06
I think the worst thing that happend to me was when my brother died 3 years ago. it changed me upside down. I stopped speaking to everyone (thankfully it's better now ) and now i constantly and will always be afraid that i will lose someone else. It changed me so so much. Like i looked in the mirror one day after it happend and i actually saw how much it affected me.

trXD
07-03-09, 06:23
My best friend telling me he was gay and in love with me was a pretty big shock... of course i was completely calm about it (the last thing people want when they say something like that is for you to start freaking out about it) but its been about a year and he still feels this way.

Starting to think i should be more strict.

Oh and my parents split up recently but i really couldn't care less about it. Its kind of a relief.

corey01
07-03-09, 09:28
ummm mine isnt as bad as everyone else's buttt:

When i was on holiday in Portugal a while ago, i nearly got dragged out to sea, and although it doesnt sound scary, i was absolutely petrified at the time, because even though im a good swimmer, the current was to strong, and i was jus getting dragged further out to sea:( and because of the twat of a lifeguard didnt do anything to try and help me, a man had to come and grab me:o thank god:)

violentblossom
07-03-09, 12:40
My best friend telling me he was gay and in love with me was a pretty big shock... of course i was completely calm about it (the last thing people want when they say something like that is for you to start freaking out about it) but its been about a year and he still feels this way.

Starting to think i should be more strict.

Oh and my parents split up recently but i really couldn't care less about it. Its kind of a relief.

i don't understand how that can be a worst thing, or even bad, really. I'd be flattered, even if i wasn't interested.

mizuno_suisei
07-03-09, 12:51
My mother.

:)

Archetype
07-03-09, 12:57
My anxiety disorder.

Hit the nail on the head.

Voni
07-03-09, 13:14
Crikey, where do I start?

Developed massive depression and anxiety problems of the age of 14/15, started self harming really badly (as in, should have gone to the A&E on more than one occasion), tried to kill myself several times, and right in the middle of it, my parents divorced and my mother blamed me and my sister for it. OUCH.

Didn't really start to recover till last year, really. Still alive, which I didn't think I would be.

Ikas90
07-03-09, 13:18
I can say that not many bad things have happened to me. Infact, I never consider them bad experiences. I consider them a valuable lesson and experience to learn from. I think my worst experience was living homeless street life in cold climate, only last year. I had to sleep in old ruined buildings, train stations, under bridges and the like. Honestly, it's not very comfortable sleeping on rocks or on the concrete in an old soviet ruin. I lived on the street for 7 days. At one point I was found by police and that is the only time in my life I was PROPER scared. I wasn't scared ot going to jail at all. I was scared of BEING SEPARATED from someone I love. It's my only proper fear. :)

But I survived and that is the important thing. I'm not ashamed to say I've been through something like that.

ShadyCroft
07-03-09, 13:43
Woaw, Saki ! :confused:
:hug: everyone here who had a very bad period some time.

Hmmm, I can't think of anything that would top that. Nothing like that ever happened to me. :o

irjudd
07-03-09, 13:56
Life changing events I suppose is what we're going for here?

Death, betrayal, loss of friends, within a couple weeks.

Afonya
07-03-09, 14:16
I don't have any 'death experiences' or accidents, but I've had a quite dismal childhood, mostly because of my parents. (My mom still has problems with alcohol, but we are more close now). So I guess that's one bad "experience".

And few years ago my friend told me she has an ovary cancer, that was quite shocking. But she's fine today, I don't know accuratelly what happened then, she didin't tell everything about it. But I'm glad she's OK.

Hmm....and yes, I still have sometimes anxiety problems but I can live 'normal' and peaceful life :o

MadCroy101
07-03-09, 14:51
I used to be the most depressed person in the world. In 5th grade, I used to cut myself (luckily only once or twice when I learned how much it hurt) but my life started to clear near the age of 12. I was very depressed in school, it was affecting my schoolwork (I was only getting C's and D's with only a few B's and A's and I usually don't get those grades) so my mom turned me into a consuler when I wouldn't talk to her, and it was killing me inside. The consuler helped me so much. But it wasn't really until I started listening to Rush that it kept my mind off of those things, the suicidal thoughts and things like that. When I listened to Rush, I felt that I was safe and that nothing could hurt me, it was like a blanket to me. Now, my life is cleared, no depression, and good grades.

Angelx14
07-03-09, 15:00
My friend, Eva. She's a total attention seeker :rolleyes:

Joely-Moley
07-03-09, 15:32
Hmm, I’ve had quite a number of crappy things happen to me, and in no way is this post woe is me I’ve had it so bad because every single bad thing in my life has shaped me into who I am today.

My father hated me, beat me and told me I was worthless every day, then my mom who was the only person who understood me got ill and died a short time later of cancer, my father had left at this point, he was always leaving for weeks at a time doing God knows what, so I had to watch her die myself.

I was 16 had dropped out of school to look after her, so when she did die I was completely numb, Dad came back, continued to tell me how completely worthless I was, proceeded to tell me it was my fault she died. Then one day he kicked me out, told me not to come back.

I phoned one of my only friends I’d been friends with my whole life who happened to live in a different country, just for some support, that i was thinking of ending it all, I didn't have any family in boston, they were all in New york, or scotland, so I was completly alone.

She said phone me back in 10 minutes. I remember thinking great in my hour of need and you can't talk to me, anyway I phoned back and she said 'my mum’s going to book you a ticket to get over here.'

So long story short 4 years later, I am now living in Scotland, where I was born and moved at the age of 4, am in college getting an education and am now engaged to my friend who booked my ticket...

It's true, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Changeling
07-03-09, 15:40
Whoa... you've all gone through really bad stuff! But it's true what they say: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and shapes you into what you are today. :)

I haven't really had any experiences like that, my life so far has been pretty fine and dandy, not much to report.

remote91
07-03-09, 15:58
Sweeping someones suicide attempt and alcohol addiciton under the rug and pretending it never happened.

spikejones
07-03-09, 17:15
ummm mine isnt as bad as everyone else's buttt:

When i was on holiday in Portugal a while ago, i nearly got dragged out to sea, and although it doesnt sound scary, i was absolutely petrified at the time, because even though im a good swimmer, the current was to strong, and i was jus getting dragged further out to sea:( and because of the twat of a lifeguard didnt do anything to try and help me, a man had to come and grab me:o thank god:)
rip currents for the win!! yeah.. it can certainly be scary to get caught in one of those especially if you have no form of flotation device. I can remember being caught in a couple with my surfboard. It took a while to dawn on me that I was actually in one when I noticed that I'd been paddling for about 10 minutes and was getting nowhere :yik: So... paddling in parallel with the beach got me out in a jiffy. Usually those rip currents will only go so far as the sand bar though.. which isn't too bad as long as you can keep your head about you and not try to fight the current and wear yourself out. So... if it ever happens again, just try to stay calm and paddle along the length of the shore.
I can say that not many bad things have happened to me. Infact, I never consider them bad experiences. I consider them a valuable lesson and experience to learn from. I think my worst experience was living homeless street life in cold climate, only last year. I had to sleep in old ruined buildings, train stations, under bridges and the like. Honestly, it's not very comfortable sleeping on rocks or on the concrete in an old soviet ruin. I lived on the street for 7 days. At one point I was found by police and that is the only time in my life I was PROPER scared. I wasn't scared ot going to jail at all. I was scared of BEING SEPARATED from someone I love. It's my only proper fear. :)
But I survived and that is the important thing. I'm not ashamed to say I've been through something like that.
You know... lately here I had gone through a consideration of actually doing that type thing out of choice, simply because I couldn't stand the rules my parents were/are trying to enforce on me. I've done similar in the past - sleeping out of a car for two weeks during the dead of winter. Its not a very nice living arrangement that is for sure.
Sweeping someones suicide attempt and alcohol addiciton under the rug and pretending it never happened.
what :confused:

Punaxe
07-03-09, 19:14
I can't name a single event, but a single thing would be ... my depression. It's ruined years of my life, ruined some parts of myself permanently, and it's something I'll have to deal with until I die. I really, really hope I can keep it at bay.
Indeed I can't name a single event, because my life has actually been very good. My depression just makes me unable to enjoy it most of the time.

Nannonxyay
07-03-09, 19:37
The past few months have been quite bad. People at school have been saying nasty things about me, just yesterday this girl pulled my hair, but thank god some of my friends saw and we're going to report her on Monday. And with the anxiety and panic attacks. But I'm getting better. :) I only hope things get better.

The worst time of my life was when I just started getting the anxiety and depersonalization feelings. I was nine, and I got it at school. I was so scared and naive, I thought I was sick and was going to die. I know it sounds stupid, but sometimes when it happens, I'd still rather die than go through it.

Tihocan9
07-03-09, 19:50
For me one of the worst things I have gone through is spending the night (like around 8pm until 5am) talking to my best friend trying to talk her out of committing suicide.

marla_biggs
07-03-09, 20:05
being bullied at secondary school, it was awful. really knocked my confidence

Afonya
07-03-09, 20:16
The worst time of my life was when I just started getting the anxiety and depersonalization feelings. I was nine, and I got it at school. I was so scared and naive, I thought I was sick and was going to die. I know it sounds stupid, but sometimes when it happens, I'd still rather die than go through it.

I think I know what you are talking about....I have had some panic attacks before, I know it's not fun. Hopefully you feel better now.

trXD
08-03-09, 00:18
i don't understand how that can be a worst thing, or even bad, really. I'd be flattered, even if i wasn't interested.

Its not the worst but it is bad.

He has been in love with me for ages and i keep watching him hurt himself over it. I feel completely useless, cant do anything about it, i have tried.

Anyway its mostly bad for him, thats what i meant.

violentblossom
08-03-09, 00:34
Its not the worst but it is bad.

He has been in love with me for ages and i keep watching him hurt himself over it. I feel completely useless, cant do anything about it, i have tried.

Anyway its mostly bad for him, thats what i meant.

i see what you mean now. *nods*

thanks for clearing that up.

i'm glad you haven't just shunned him.. he may love you, and maybe you don't feel the same, but at least you guys can stay friends. :)

LaraCablara
08-03-09, 00:50
When you have to go to the bathroom but there is just no where to go :o. I think we can all relate to that one.

I swear I already posted this too :confused:.

irjudd
08-03-09, 00:52
When you have to go to the bathroom but there is just no where to go :o. I think we can all relate to that one.

Oh my goodness yes!

Especially on a road trip or while sitting in traffic and especially is it a problem if #2 is the situation!

KIKO
08-03-09, 01:06
The worst...
Lack of Courage.
It's hard to tell a person you love her even though that person doesn't know you from nowhere but you've been watching her from that corner since the first time you saw her. It's like you know everything about her by little details you hear from her, by the way the person acts even though you don't know her totally. But your heart tells you it is the way you feel it is. It's hard to tell that person that you arrive very soon just to see her everyday, that you try to know many things as possible about her, that you cry silently at night about how much you miss her and how you'd like to have her in your arms, by your side, in your life, that you always find a smille to put on your face even if your depressed, that you like her sense of style, that that person lives her days with some of your old friends, that you relate yourself with songs you hear and keep hearing, that you can't stop dreaming about how your day routine would be with that person.
And all of this because you are afraid of that person's reaction, even though you seem to know her, you don't know her in total.

I think this resumes my situation.:o
I feel like I want life to do something for me instead of me doing something for life...

spikejones
08-03-09, 01:16
Laracablara.. anyhow. as I was saying... is that really the worst to have happened to you? I envy you:o

digitizedboy
08-03-09, 02:02
hmm.. I dunno, child abuse, beaten up almost to death, death in the family.. things that have made me depressed until this day. But I dunno, what is this thread a competition to see who's life is worse? I feel sick. Don't get me wrong, I've read a lot of peoples stuff here, but I really think it's unecessary since we don't know each other personally. What about happy stuff for a change, huh? I dunno.

spikejones
08-03-09, 02:21
no... it is by no means a competition or a way to say "Im emo because of XYZ" I am seeing a lot of people who are posting some tough stuff that they have gone through and it seems as though they have not been able to overcome those issues. That is a shame really. (Not to offend anyone who is still depressed by their past or current issues) It can be an inspirational thread if people will let it. I like to see where people say "I went through this and came out better for it". People are also more than welcome to help out other people in similar situations as well. And of course... it also helps sometimes to be able to put things into perspective when you think things are utterly horrible for yourself and be able to look at others who have had it worse.

there's a lot of valid reasons why people should share their difficulties with others. whether it is to help another person out by A) dissuading them from doing the same thing or B) shedding a light of hope for someone currently going through the situation. If you can be a rock of fortitude for someone by letting them know you have been through that and came out better for it, it helps that other person get through it themself. Its not a whine fest in here by any means.

The worst...
Lack of Courage.

I think this resumes my situation.:o
I feel like I want life to do something for me instead of me doing something for life...
lack of courage... fear of the unknown... fear of failure... fear of rejection...
Many different ways to look at that situation. You may not be total coward at heart. I am not. But I have much the same issues when it comes to talking to women and I am a guy. Try to look beyond the fact that you are "different". You won't ever get a date/girlfriend/boyfriend if you never try. This is something I need to work on as well. I have this fear of being rejected for simply trying to talk to someone. It is a pain indeed. There's been many a woman/girl that I have observed from a distance and felt that kind of connection that you speak of. But rarely did I have the courage to speak to that person, and if I did - the one thing that I should have said, never came out. Many a potential lovers have been lost in that manner. I think we both need to make a point to just TRY. If we don't ever TRY, we will never succeed. We (especially me being a guy) can not just expect for the girl of our dreams to just walk up to us and snatch us up. We have to go get her.

digitizedboy
08-03-09, 02:40
no... it is by no means a competition or a way to say "Im emo because of XYZ" I am seeing a lot of people who are posting some tough stuff that they have gone through and it seems as though they have not been able to overcome those issues. That is a shame really. (Not to offend anyone who is still depressed by their past or current issues) It can be an inspirational thread if people will let it. I like to see where people say "I went through this and came out better for it". People are also more than welcome to help out other people in similar situations as well. And of course... it also helps sometimes to be able to put things into perspective when you think things are utterly horrible for yourself and be able to look at others who have had it worse.

there's a lot of valid reasons why people should share their difficulties with others. whether it is to help another person out by A) dissuading them from doing the same thing or B) shedding a light of hope for someone currently going through the situation. If you can be a rock of fortitude for someone by letting them know you have been through that and came out better for it, it helps that other person get through it themself. Its not a whine fest in here by any means.

Well I see you're point anyway, to see if someone has had similar issues right?

spikejones
08-03-09, 02:50
well... emo technically is a genre of music (that no band likes to be classed as by the way) but society (or kids anyhow) tend to class it as a person who cuts themself out of depression or w/e. I don't follow that "stereotypical" description of emo, nor do I really like it either. I listen to some emo music and I definitely do not cut myself. Emo to me really just means "emotional".

not quite sure how things would have turned out if I had called this the "general help thread" ... so I gave it a catchier name. But yeah.. people can come here and see others that have gone through similar situations and have a good idea of who would be a good person to talk with about those issues, and so on.

digitizedboy
08-03-09, 03:01
well... emo technically is a genre of music (that no band likes to be classed as by the way) but society (or kids anyhow) tend to class it as a person who cuts themself out of depression or w/e. I don't follow that "stereotypical" description of emo, nor do I really like it either. I listen to some emo music and I definitely do not cut myself. Emo to me really just means "emotional".

not quite sure how things would have turned out if I had called this the "general help thread" ... so I gave it a catchier name. But yeah.. people can come here and see others that have gone through similar situations and have a good idea of who would be a good person to talk with about those issues, and so on.

?

Changeling
08-03-09, 09:07
We (especially me being a guy) can not just expect for the girl of our dreams to just walk up to us and snatch us up. We have to go get her.

Isn't that just a tad sexist? It sounds like you're saying that only guys should ask the girls out and that girls shouldn't ask the guys out. Or do you mean that the girl you find is 'the girl of your dreams' might not see you that way and that you will have to try and get to know her to see if feelings could develop?

Not trying to offend or anything, just an honest question. :o

TR93
08-03-09, 10:33
Worst time of my life...
5 Years old being told..."Your mum is gonna die"...
She's still alive...by she's dying and there's nothing I can do to stop it...:(

Other worst time of my life...Cracking my head open on a bed post....but meh that was my fault:p

KIKO
08-03-09, 12:29
lack of courage... fear of the unknown... fear of failure... fear of rejection...
Many different ways to look at that situation. You may not be total coward at heart. I am not. But I have much the same issues when it comes to talking to women and I am a guy. Try to look beyond the fact that you are "different". You won't ever get a date/girlfriend/boyfriend if you never try. This is something I need to work on as well. I have this fear of being rejected for simply trying to talk to someone. It is a pain indeed. There's been many a woman/girl that I have observed from a distance and felt that kind of connection that you speak of. But rarely did I have the courage to speak to that person, and if I did - the one thing that I should have said, never came out. Many a potential lovers have been lost in that manner. I think we both need to make a point to just TRY. If we don't ever TRY, we will never succeed. We (especially me being a guy) can not just expect for the girl of our dreams to just walk up to us and snatch us up. We have to go get her.

I guess you are right. I need desperatly to try. I will eventually find a way to meet the person. Well the good thing is that he already noticed me :p but I don't know in what way he noticed. Caught me looking but I dunno. I will take advantage of his friends being my old friends and perhaps invite them for cinema and who knows if he might come or this approach to old friends may take me into his direction :o

This is actually a bit ironic just look at my signature. Oh God.. :p

CerebralAssassin
08-03-09, 12:50

I have this fear of rejection too...it's a real pain in the ass!:hea:it keeps me from talking to anyone at all (not only women).I'm at a point of my life where I've just given up entirely on making new friendships/relationships...

spikejones
08-03-09, 18:20
Isn't that just a tad sexist? It sounds like you're saying that only guys should ask the girls out and that girls shouldn't ask the guys out. Or do you mean that the girl you find is 'the girl of your dreams' might not see you that way and that you will have to try and get to know her to see if feelings could develop?

Not trying to offend or anything, just an honest question. :o
not really... the general conception held by women is that they want the guy to ask them out. I've never been asked out before. Not even when our school had a Sadie Hawkins dance (http://www.lil-abner.com/sadiehawk.html) :(. I'm not sexist.. just stating the way that it seems to be to me. I'd be more than happy for a girl to come up and ask me out - but fact is that it is not very likely to happen.

jackles
08-03-09, 18:32
Spike you are right about trying!! It is the 'who dares, wins' thing. :) We are all often bound by convention and our fears of possible outcomes but by stepping off the safe paths and wandering into the less walked ones, people might find that things that are rare and special that they would have missed.

When you surf Spike..I bet you are not afraid of anything..why would talking to someone be more difficult....you are right....go get her!!

:)

Changeling
08-03-09, 18:38
not really... the general conception held by women is that they want the guy to ask them out. I've never been asked out before. Not even when our school had a Sadie Hawkins dance (http://www.lil-abner.com/sadiehawk.html) :(. I'm not sexist.. just stating the way that it seems to be to me. I'd be more than happy for a girl to come up and ask me out - but fact is that it is not very likely to happen.

Yeah, but just because a girl has never asked you out before, doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. Girls ask guys out and vice versa at my school the whole time. :p But I respect the way that you see it. I wasn't trying to call you a sexist, seen as I have no right to as I don't know you personally, but in my opinion that statement sounded just a tad sexist. But now that you've cleared that up we can move on with the topic.

Atlantisfreak666
08-03-09, 18:46

Oh Jesus yes....

I remember one time I badly had to take a dump during a two hour history lesson. In my school we're not allowed to go to the bathroom during class... I made it though.
:o

I'm sorry I had to share that with you.
:p

Joely-Moley
08-03-09, 19:05

I agree with this. I have went though some pretty rough stuff, as I posted earlier but It wasn't to ask for sympathy or make me sound like an emo, I'm ok with talking about what I have been though now, I am stronger from it, not that I'm glad I went though what I did, but It has shaped me into who I am and I'm still here.

silver_wolf
08-03-09, 19:29
I have this fear of rejection too...it's a real pain in the ass!:hea:it keeps me from talking to anyone at all (not only women).I'm at a point of my life where I've just given up entirely on making new friendships/relationships...
I'm the same way. not necessarily from a fear of rejection, just...idk.

chobits743
09-03-09, 02:03
Well, finding out that I have IBS (or Irritable Bowel Syndrome) was pretty hard for me. First semester of college was spent with wracking pains in my intestines and debilitating spasms. I still have the spasms bad, and probably will for the rest of my life, since there is not much you can do for IBS. It`s embarrassing, missing classes because of episodes and not being able to catch up with friends. I sometimes feel myself getting depressed and angry over it, since I had to completely change my diet by giving up dairy, coffee, and foods with lots of seeds and start taking all kinds of medications. I`m still getting the kinks worked out, but thankfully my doctor said there were all kinds of medication to help with the symptoms, so I will keep trying to find something to help with the spasms and the pain.

the hooliganz
09-03-09, 06:12
its kinda the same way as me. im mostly quiet and im always nervous around people i dont know because they might not like me, and i feel the same way with people i know. and its not just people, i dont really like PE or sports i'm afraid of failing :(

drakl0r
09-03-09, 06:26
The worst time of my life is when I've received scholarship offer to study medicine abroad, but because of some health problems, I'm not able to continue my study in that field. After that I felt depressed, useless and frustrated for quite a long time...that was back in July 2007. I've gone through an operation shortly after that... But now I've moved on, and currently studying in a local university here, although in a different field :)

Punaxe
09-03-09, 08:28
Well, finding out that I have IBS (or Irritable Bowel Syndrome) was pretty hard for me. First semester of college was spent with wracking pains in my intestines and debilitating spasms. I still have the spasms bad, and probably will for the rest of my life, since there is not much you can do for IBS. It`s embarrassing, missing classes because of episodes and not being able to catch up with friends. I sometimes feel myself getting depressed and angry over it, since I had to completely change my diet by giving up dairy, coffee, and foods with lots of seeds and start taking all kinds of medications. I`m still getting the kinks worked out, but thankfully my doctor said there were all kinds of medication to help with the symptoms, so I will keep trying to find something to help with the spasms and the pain.

That sucks indeed :( I have Crohn's (probably - they're not actually sure, the other option is some bacteria which has the same effect), and the first time it showed itself I was bedridden for days. I hear it varies a lot per person how much effect medication has and how much you will actually notice it in life - some will feel it every day, others won't at all. Is it the same for IBS? I seem to be doing pretty well now, still hurts every once in a while but nothing too bad.

Psychos'Я'Us
09-03-09, 09:29
Hanging out with the wrong people, I was naive and stupid...depression kicked in when I was 13 and I even tried killing myself once but my grandmother stopped me. I just hated myself back then, I hated pretty much everyone and I was just an awful person. At 14 I got sick of myself and I realized what kind of "friends" I have so I decided to change things and I stopped talking to those people and since then I've been a lot better :) I still get depressed sometimes but not like how I was back then.

Philio
09-03-09, 09:41
Hanging out with the wrong people, I was naive and stupid...depression kicked in when I was 13 and I even tried killing myself once but my grandmother stopped me. I just hated myself back then, I hated pretty much everyone and I was just an awful person. At 14 I got sick of myself and I realized what kind of "friends" I have so I decided to change things and I stopped talking to those people and since then I've been a lot better :) I still get depressed sometimes but not like how I was back then.Good to hear, Alex. :) I am for you!

Let's see.

- Lost friends because i'm gay
- My father don't care about me and my brothers
- A bad time at school

rowanlim
09-03-09, 10:29
When I was 18, I was kinda obsessed with my weight. I ate very little for more than a yr, it affected my health & my emotional state, I managed to snap back before the major examination. Now it still affects me, but I'm trying to lose weight for health reasons, not for vanity (well, not really ;) )

MiCkiZ88
09-03-09, 11:01
Having an alcoholic, abusive and mentally ill mother + being bullied both physically and verbally at school = slight social phobia, scared of doing things on your own and always asking permission or waiting for others to do things first. You could say that I'm used to being an slave of somesort. Not knowing when to say no and always helping others just to think that I could be accepted somehow..

That or moving from the neighbourhood I grew up. I lost my friends and the above mentioned got worse.

violentblossom
09-03-09, 12:29
Hanging out with the wrong people, I was naive and stupid...depression kicked in when I was 13 and I even tried killing myself once but my grandmother stopped me. I just hated myself back then, I hated pretty much everyone and I was just an awful person. At 14 I got sick of myself and I realized what kind of "friends" I have so I decided to change things and I stopped talking to those people and since then I've been a lot better :) I still get depressed sometimes but not like how I was back then.

Boy, was i in your shoes for years.. depression isn't fun, especially when its developed at such a young age. Its so easy to hate yourself when you feel so miserable, and its easy to forget how to be happy, if you even can anymore.

Thank goodness for your caring grandmother, because if she hadn't stopped you, i'd have one less friend right now. I'm sincerely glad that you're still here, and that you aren't sad like you used to be. :hug:

Good to hear, Alex. :) I am for you!

Let's see.

- A bad time at school

How pathetic that your friends actually turned on you for being gay. I guess that really goes to show what kind of friends they were, so maybe they ditched on your friendship for a reason (i think alot of stuff happens for a reason).. they might have ended up hurting you in some other way later on. Also, i'm sorry about your father, but at least you and your brothers have one another. :hug:

When I was 18, I was kinda obsessed with my weight. I ate very little for more than a yr, it affected my health & my emotional state, I managed to snap back before the major examination. Now it still affects me, but I'm trying to lose weight for health reasons, not for vanity (well, not really ;) )

I'm glad that you've recovered from this even a little.. weight and food issues can be pretty debillitating physically and socially sometimes. You're beautiful no matter what.. you're a smart and sweet girl (though i've not spoken to you, really, i know this from reading your very thoughtful posts) who everyone likes, and physical perfection really is only skin deep. It could never compete with your lovely personality, anyway. :hug:

Having an alcoholic, abusive and mentally ill mother + being bullied both physically and verbally at school = slight social phobia, scared of doing things on your own and always asking permission or waiting for others to do things first. You could say that I'm used to being an slave of somesort. Not knowing when to say no and always helping others just to think that I could be accepted somehow..

That or moving from the neighbourhood I grew up. I lost my friends and the above mentioned got worse.

Don't think that you're a slave of any kind.. certainly don't see this as a bad thing.

You obviously have a gentle soul, and are someone who prefers to help others before yourself. What you have is a rare quality and gift (though you may not feel that way now) that makes you somewhat selfless. Whether its for acceptance or otherwise, there are very few who actually posess this gift, and i'm sure anyone would love to have a friend such as yourself. Do not see this as a slight of hand.. it must feel nice to know that you are such a genuine person.

And i'm sorry about your mother.. it speaks volumes of who you are that you did not succumb to any of the bullying and abuse in your life. I commend your obvious strength.

Buffy87
09-03-09, 12:41
Let's see.

I agree that that is pathetic that someone would stop being your friend for , what I see as something that doesn't impact upon who you are friends with. Although, I remember when I was in high school my best friend told me he was gay - it apparently took him a few weeks to tell me because he was afraid I wouldn't want to speak to him. Of course I did continue to speak to him but it really upset me that he had gotten himself so worried that I wouldn't. Anyhow I agree that it is a pathetic reason to stop being friends with someone and as much as I don't know these people - it makes me think they are probably not worth your time anyhow.

The worst time of my life does not seem as bad as some that have been posted here. I have actually had an exceptionally easy life compared to some of these stories. But I guess , I have 2 worst times. Firstly, my grandmother on my fathers side was run over and killed about 6 years ago.. and that was quite difficult to deal with, especially seen as my dad's family were not so nice to my dad afterwards for various reasons. For example, the court case relating to the death fell over my birthday and my sisters birthday and my dad/mum had planned for us to go and see my mother's brother and sister in law to get our minds off it. The trial ran over and my dad basically said that he had to put his children first and they told him he didn't care enough about his "real" family because if he did he would put his wife and children on a train and do what his mother would have wanted...and attend the trial.Needless to say - my dad is better off without them.

Second worst time was when my grandfather died of cancer about 2 years ago. Especially seen as he got very bad very quickly and it was hard for me to see him that way. Thankfully, the day he passed all my mother's family managed to get to the hospital so we were all with him. I know it sounds awful but I sort of felt like he worked so hard all his life, and then when he finally had the time to retire and enjoy himself he got that terrible illness and it wasn't fair. Not that it ever is for anyone suffering from it I guess.

So yeah...

Legends
09-03-09, 13:19
What is the worst thing that has ever happened in your life? How has that affected you?

When I started Junior year in high school we got a new guy in our class. We started out as "enemies" as he wanted to take the spotlight away from me. I was very selfish back then. Anyway, after a few months we became best friends and we did everything together. Before I was popular, but with him, we made a killing team. On to the point, personalities like that never go good together so after he tried to steal all my friends away and became the person that I was, I told him to go to hell. That was the last thing I said to him before he died in a car crash a few hours later.

I felt that I was responsible for his accident somehow afterwards, and the fact that we both behaved like idiots and that we ruled the world was just ridicules.

Nefertiti_89
09-03-09, 13:51
When I started Junior year in high school we got a new guy in our class. We started out as "enemies" as he wanted to take the spotlight away from me. I was very selfish back then. Anyway, after a few months we became best friends and we did everything together. Before I was popular, but with him, we made a killing team. On to the point, personalities like that never go good together so after he tried to steal all my friends away and became the person that I was, I told him to go to hell. That was the last thing I said to him before he died in a car crash a few hours later.

I felt that I was responsible for his accident somehow afterwards, and the fact that we both behaved like idiots and that we ruled the world was just ridicules.

My god that must have been a terrible feeling! :hug: The important thing to remember but is that accidents are just that, accidents, and there probably wasn't much you could have done to stop it from happening yeah?

A similar thing happened to my mother. A friend of hers from work was going to the philipines on a surfing holiday and the last thing she said to him was "dont forget your parachute"...his plane crashed and his body was never found.

violentblossom
09-03-09, 14:34

Oh my god! I cannot imagine the guilt you must feel.. that's a hard thing to swallow.

Despite the fact that you two were not on good terms at the time of his passing, you were for a time, his best friend, and I'm sure you gave him plenty of good memories.. enough good memories, in fact, to more than make up for a slight slip of the tongue.. If his life did in fact flash before his eyes, then he really did see those good times before he crossed over, and i'm sure that that was more than enough for him to realize that you could never actually want him to go to hell. I'm sure in that moment that he was in peace, and because he did not survive, he could not tell you this himself, and because you are here, alive, you dwell on how you must have made him feel in the moments before his death. I'm sure he would have forgiven you. Please do not let that moment rule your life and fill you with guilt.. if he could tell you this, he would, i'm sure of it. :hug:

spikejones
09-03-09, 15:12

ouch... that is terrible. that would go into the FML thread over in MGC :yik: I couldn't imagine how that feels. I've seen people die in car accidents before (i mean actually witnessed it) and that alone was a horrible feeling. I can't imagine that additional burden on top of that. I'm sorry to hear that.

Shauni
09-03-09, 15:41
I tend to succumb to depression easily, so when bad situations arise I often take it badly. When I was about 10 years old my family was pushed out of our house (someone bought it for us, then got mad at us so they took away the house), and at the same time my mother was pregnant and the stress from the situation caused a miscarriage. My mother went through depression for several years and even though she was home it was like she wasn't there, I felt completely abandoned by her. I was too young to start taking care of myself completely, when you're 10 you still need your parents and things easily scar you. I couldn't turn to my Dad either because he was too harsh and cold to understand me. My mother had chosen to "homeschool" me, but she never taught anything, she just gave me textbooks. So I was stuck in the house with people I felt I couldn't talk to. I had no one to talk things out with, and that put me in a lonely place for a long time.

I would run away from home, then come back eventually and no one noticed I had been gone. Eventually I became depressed and suicidal. When I was an older teenager, I would walk down the train tracks hoping a train would come. And one day, it did. I stood there waiting for it to come closer, and when it got extremely close to me, a woman saved me. And that really woke me up. I felt like there was someone in the world that wanted me.

From there I started to pick my life back up. I got myself out of the house and found some somewhat supportive friends, enough to keep me going. I went to a public school, and although there were some rough people there too, I felt like I was taking more control of my life. My mother eventually got better, but the distance stayed the same. It took constant effort, and a few years to get my life set strait, but I eventually got it right. I was starting to be genuinely happy. Then I met a man, who is now my husband, and things have been wonderful since! My father stopped being mean the day I announced my wedding date, and my relationship with my mother is better. I'm far away from them now, but now that things are better I visit them every weekend. I feel like I've moved on, and now I have a man to share the rest of my life with. I'm happy now :)

Psychos'Я'Us
09-03-09, 15:56
Good to hear, Alex. :) I am for you!

Let's see.

- A bad time at school

Thanks Marijn :hug:

Boy, was i in your shoes for years.. depression isn't fun, especially when its developed at such a young age. Its so easy to hate yourself when you feel so miserable, and its easy to forget how to be happy, if you even can anymore.

Thank goodness for your caring grandmother, because if she hadn't stopped you, i'd have one less friend right now. I'm sincerely glad that you're still here, and that you aren't sad like you used to be. :hug:

Thanks, your words mean alot :):hug:
I hate thinking about what I could of done :( It scares me. And I've been thinking about suicide again after that episode but I managed to stop myself from trying again. I was thinking about other people out there who are dying and they would give anything for just another day and I was going to end it in less than an hour and that just made me sick of myself and that's when I stopped thinking about suicide. I changed a lot after that, I became more positive, more mature person. Life isn't always pretty, there are probably more ugly, scary moments in life than pretty ones, but the rare and short pretty moments are the ones that really matter and are worth living for, that's what I've been telling myself everything I get depressed. I'm only 16 so I'm looking forward to all the pretty moments :)

Legends
09-03-09, 16:08
My god that must have been a terrible feeling! :hug: The important thing to remember but is that accidents are just that, accidents, and there probably wasn't much you could have done to stop it from happening yeah?
Yeah, it is the worst thing that possibly could have happened. This was the very end of the school year so I was throwing a big party for all my friends. However, he was not invited as we were fighting. But I knew he was going to come anyway even though I told him not to. (I will never know if he was actually coming to my party or if he was headed somewhere else.)

A similar thing happened to my mother. A friend of hers from work was going to the philipines on a surfing holiday and the last thing she said to him was "dont forget your parachute"...his plane crashed and his body was never found.

This is just as awful! :(

Oh my god! I cannot imagine the guilt you must feel.. that's a hard thing to swallow.

Despite the fact that you two were not on good terms at the time of his passing, you were for a time, his best friend, and I'm sure you gave him plenty of good memories.. enough good memories, in fact, to more than make up for a slight slip of the tongue.. If his life did in fact flash before his eyes, then he really did see those good times before he crossed over, and i'm sure that that was more than enough for him to realize that you could never actually want him to go to hell. I'm sure in that moment that he was in peace, and because he did not survive, he could not tell you this himself, and because you are here, alive, you dwell on how you must have made him feel in the moments before his death. I'm sure he would have forgiven you. Please do not let that moment rule your life and fill you with guilt.. if he could tell you this, he would, i'm sure of it. :hug:

Lucas might be the best friend I ever had, and I don't think I ever told him that. I wish I met him a few years later. Well, we both said pretty nasty things to each other, but he never said anything he didn't make up for. Oh, it's even hard to write this, because it makes me realize how much I actually miss him, because I hope he would have forgiven me. Thank you for this kind answer. :hug:

ouch... that is terrible. that would go into the FML thread over in MGC :yik: I couldn't imagine how that feels. I've seen people die in car accidents before (i mean actually witnessed it) and that alone was a horrible feeling. I can't imagine that additional burden on top of that. I'm sorry to hear that.

It was like taking a bullet. I remember we never got to see him after his death, he was momentaraly killed when the other car hit him. And, it got even worse when my second best friend ditched me at the hospital. He said that I had let my popularity taken over and in the end I let it kill him. So I had yet again won my old popularity contest, but lost on every level. Everything that actually mattered.

tranniversary119
09-03-09, 16:12
Worst time of my life?
When I moved. Even though I still live in the same town, I live literally on the other side.So it's hard to find rides to bring me over there. I had so many friends over there and i've lost contact with most of them :( I miss them

MadCroy101
12-07-10, 06:00
The worst time of my life was not too long ago. What can I say, i was rebelious teenager full of agression and energy (still am). But I started smoking marijuana when I was 13 years old, actually the day I turned 14, and that lead to much worse things (LSD, shrooms, MDMA just to name a few...) but now I realized that I dont need psychedelic drugs to relieve my rebelion. Im proud to say that I havent touched drugs for the past year. :D

Capt. Murphy
12-07-10, 07:38
The worst, up to this point... I'll spare you all the details and just say 2 things.

My mother suffering with Bone Cancer and Me falling in love with someone I could not be with.

Twilight
12-07-10, 08:06
Ooh confession thread.

When I almost drowned. I'm not scared of water but vast deep water gets me uneasy.

When I moved to a different home. (12-16 yrs old) I was away from my best friend who I missed dearly. I got bullied a bit, nothing major. I was pretty damn reclused and depressed.
That is, until I stopped trying to be an emotionless tough stonewall and accepted my small soft humane self. Which is in fact stronger than I've ever imagined.

michaeldt
12-07-10, 08:15
when my Dog died, she was 7 years old :(

Alpharaider47
12-07-10, 08:25
I think for me the worst thing has been not being able to form lasting relationships with people. I've conveniently moved around a lot in my life, and while I've had many good friends, I've lost contact with most of them for various reasons. In fact the last few friends I made have either pushed me away or are going into the military soon. My family moved yet again and now I have nobody.
As far as romantic relationships go I've only had a couple, and they didn't really last long. The last one ended when the girl found another guy and left. A year later she committed suicide :(
In many ways all of this has made me a much more independent person, but i feel like I lack the empathy of others, which bothers me because while I listened to others' problems and was a confidant for many, I felt I could never say the right things. At the same time I think I tend to make things seem like they're worse than they really are. I'm optimistic that someday I'll find a place that I feel is where I belong, where I can finally settle down. I still want to travel, but I want to live somewhere too :p Who knows, maybe I'll find some good people there.

almayah
12-07-10, 10:03
When my first dog died, she was only 3 years old and she was hit by a car :(
But I got a new dog now, and I'm pretty scared that something will happen to him, so I don't let him out on the street except when I or anyone else from my family is with him.
Tho I felt the worst when I started drinking, and started hanging out with the wrong crew who were involved in drugs, crime etc. I stopped hanging out with them few months ago, and I found out that 2 days ago they stabbed a guy.
I couldn't believe it :eek:

sandygrimm
12-07-10, 10:12
Gwad I don't know where to begin. I had a lot: family deaths, near deths including myself, arguments, depression, loosing friends, fights, which for me were bad times, but I can't complain, other had it worse :hug: I'm just glad I have what I have, and moved on, learned from mistakes and all is better now :hug:.

Laras Dream
12-07-10, 10:27
Being Gay. :(

But although now here on TRF a lot of you have given me support and I feel a bit better. :)

Biddy
12-07-10, 17:26
There are none that it'd consider life affecting now, it's scary to think that there may be a time when I'll have experienced something horrible. :o

Catracoth
12-07-10, 17:30

Many undesirable events happened in my life. Some things worse than others. I've learnt to appreciate some things more, take less things for granted, and mature a bit and grow stronger emotionally.

Shauni
12-07-10, 17:46
Well, there's physical illness stuff that put me in the hospital, which I would say is far more serious than the emotional things that have happened to me. But it's the emotional things that stick out in my memory more. It's amazing how someone's behavior can hurt you more than a few nights in a hospital. At least, it's that way to me. Don't care to share, but just the thought that someone's actions having that much of an impact on someone is rather astounding!

lara c. fan
12-07-10, 17:59
Family deaths, pet deaths, people being absolute *****es to me...

Eh.

remote91
12-07-10, 18:01
Trying to wake up someone that's passed away and the nurses in the hospital have forgotten to tell you when you go to visit them.

That **** stays with you for a while.

Nemo_91
12-07-10, 18:01
When my grandfather died ten years ago. The worst thing is that me and brother were there when it happened. (We were on vacation at our grandparents' place.) We weren't in the room where he died though, but in the one next to that, lying in the bed in pyjamas... - it was about midnight. I was 10, didn't really know what was going on. Then my grandmother came into the room and said: "He's dead." She was crying, of course. My dad took us home after this.

TombOfRaiders
12-07-10, 18:49
Worst thing that's happened in my life so far?

My great-grandmother passed away a few weeks ago at a good age of 97. May she Rest In Peace. :(

Gladous
12-07-10, 18:53
I fell off of a treadmill. Did a back flip to be more specific and broke my arm in three places. XD

This all happened about 5 years ago, and I still sometimes have arm pains.

SkyPuppy
12-07-10, 18:58
hmm... probably when my first dog died. i basically grew up with her and she died from cancer... watching her suffer before it killed her was worse, though. :/ also when my bunny died. i think it was worse just because he (my bunny) was the first pet i have ever lost and it wasn't really due to natural causes, either (not going into detail about what happened).

also last year i almost lost my second dog and i felt like it was one of the worst things... i felt my heart was literally breaking in half from it... it was just terrible. luckily, they were able to save her before it was too late.

touchthesky
12-07-10, 19:36
Probably self-harm. It was the most stupid thing ever, and now I'm left with an arm full of ugly scars because I just wouldn't speak to anyone about things.

:}hello friend
12-07-10, 19:39
I thought I had prostate cancer =\, and I wanted to be emo SO bad.

Chocola teapot
12-07-10, 22:09
Always being accused of being Femminine or Gay in school and then Left out/ Picked on by some of the guys there.
People made me hate myself, Smashed my confidence to bits, I rebuilt it from the ground up however.

I've never really had trouble having friends, I would say i'm actually quite popular exept for the guys who hate my guts.
It's funny because a few of the girls seemed to treat me like a fabulous, giggling trophy.

This one guy (Popular) actually backed away from me in horror when I went to get some paper...
:vlol:

I just laughed.

I've hardened up to them now and have found a deep self apreciation, I'm much better than they are and always will be.

HappyShannon
12-07-10, 22:19
^That's true Jack, you really are better than them :hug: You're an amazing person, I love you so much :D:gki:

This probably isn't my worst, but it's a thing that's been bothering me lately:
A while ago I fell in love with a guy who started going out with one of my best friends, and then I went out with a different boy to take my mind off the guy I loved.

The boy I was going out with cheated on me with some other girl - on my birthday - and I felt horrible because I had basically been rejected twice in around a month.

Destroyed my confidence, and since then all the relationships I've been in have been awkward, hard, and I always seem to want what I can't have. :s

miss.haggard
12-07-10, 22:20
Ugh... him.

larafan25
12-07-10, 22:28
Ugh... him.

Oooooo, ya those ones suck. :/

Legend of Lara
12-07-10, 22:39
This is nothing compared to the other posts here. Seriously, wow!

When I was younger, up until I was about 12-13ish, I got bullied at school. Not physically, but emotionally. It eventually just kind of... stopped, though. But even so, this left a huge gash on my confidence, and left me stuck with major trust issues and awful social skills to this day.

If I hadn't gone through all that crap I'd probably be a lot more outgoing and not the deadpan pseudo-loner I am today, so for that I'll eternally resent most of my old classmates. -_- If not for my (admittedly few) friends, I probably would've turned out even worse, though. And I'm trying to become a little more talkative. Aaaaaall in good time...

SkyPuppy
12-07-10, 22:45

When I was younger, up until I was about 12-13ish, I got bullied at school. Not physically, but emotionally. It eventually just kind of... stopped, though. But even so, this left a huge gash on my confidence, and left me stuck with major trust issues and awful social skills to this day.

If I hadn't gone through all that crap I'd probably be a lot more outgoing and not the deadpan pseudo-loner I am today, so for that I'll eternally resent most of my old classmates. -_- If not for my (admittedly few) friends, I probably would've turned out even worse, though. And I'm trying to become a little more talkative. Aaaaaall in good time...

holy crap! could you be anymore insensitive!? GOD CHRIS! :pi:

anyway. i'm sorry that happened to you, Chris. :/

_Lam
12-07-10, 22:48
2-3 months of heavy anxiety, depression and suicidal thought relate to my fear of coming out of the closet. Anxiety is like the worst **** ever, being scared of everything for nothing, waking up each day, depressed, sad, tired and thinking this will never stop.

But this is gone now ! Life is beautiful even when sometime you have to go through heavy periods. One the great side, all my friends do not give a **** that I'm gay and this even made us closer.

:jmp:

Alpharaider47
12-07-10, 22:49

Ah I know what you mean. I got it for years, finally ended up in a fight with one of the ringleaders which put an end to that :vlol: I wouldn't say I have trust issues, nor issues with confidence, but yeah lacking in the social skills department a bit myself. I think what's happened to me over the years is that I've stopped depending on others and have become more concerned with what I myself can accomplish, if that makes sense.
I'm sorry you had to go through that, it isn't any fun at all.

larafan25
12-07-10, 22:56
had the bullying thing too....

I now am terribly unable to speak to males very well, esspecially in my own age group. This is a social problem and a trust issue.

Changeling
12-07-10, 23:01
My high school years in general. They were pretty crap. I'm in my final year and only now are things starting to get better. I definitely agree with the statement, "Wanna really mess up your kid? Send them to high school,".

Tomb-Dude
12-07-10, 23:05
Worst thing in my life was being bullied mentally and physically from the age of 6 until 10... By a so called friend. I have memories of me and him falling out and him just running up behind me and smashing me on the back and sending me to the floor.

And got bullied more physically from the age of 11 until 14. I use to go home with bruises I had no confidence, i have no confidence within my self, i get nervous around groups. No confidence in my looks due to being called ugly and everything you can think of for about 3 years. I remember on the school bus i got pushed down where you put your feet by a group of people and then my asthma and claustrophobia started to kick in and i started yelling for help and the fact i couldn't breathe. And more people started to join in until i wasn't able to actually yell anymore or even move. And when they eventually got off all they could do was laugh. =/

Even now i'm nearly 18 i still have very low confidence with people and with how i look =/

larafan25
12-07-10, 23:11
In general highschool has been great to me compared to elementary school, there are really no bullies around I find in highschool whereas in elementary school I had specific bullies and would dread comming to school.

Worst thing in my life was being bullied mentally and physically from the age of 6 until 10... By a so called friend. I have memories of me and him falling out and him just running up behind me and smashing me on the back and sending me to the floor.

And got bullied more physically from the age of 11 until 14. I use to go home with bruises I had no confidence, i have no confidence within my self, i get nervous around groups. No confidence in my looks due to being called ugly and everything you can think of for about 3 years. I remember on the school bus i got pushed down where you put your feet by a group of people and then my asthma and claustrophobia started to kick in and i started yelling for help and the fact i couldn't breathe. And more people started to join in until i wasn't able to actually yell anymore or even move. And when they eventually got off all they could do was laugh. =/

Even now i'm nearly 18 i still have very low confidence with people and with how i look =/

WOW, I was never physically bullied, to that extent at least, I'd been spit on, and some other really gross and annoying things, but this is horrible.

I find kids to be really mean, and you are really not Ugly BTW, the kids who bullied you were ugly, on the inside.

Tomb-Dude
12-07-10, 23:15
WOW, I was never physically bullied, to that extent at least, I'd been spit on, and some other really gross and annoying things, but this is horrible.

I find kids to be really mean, and you are really not Ugly BTW, the kids who bullied you were ugly, on the inside.

Thanks :) - I found out recently that the guy who bullied me mainly. Had a load of family issues and an abusive father towards his mum. But i will never forgive him for what he did. Yeah he had a trouble but he kind of ruined my school life in the process lol.

Rai
12-07-10, 23:15
^ I had a really tough time at school too, Jake. It really wasn't pleasant and I sympathise with you over how it affects your confidence even in adulthood. It took me long time to get my sense of self-worth back - but I did - and you will too (and that goes for anyone who has gone/is going through a tough time at school) :hug:. But it wasn't the worst thing in my life.

I'd say the worst time in my life was the latter part of 2005-the end of 2007 was a very difficult time for me and mine, very trying indeed for a few reasons.

Saphyre
12-07-10, 23:16
Worst period of my life was from years 2004 to 2007 fearing I had testicular cancer. I could feel a lump and it was gradually getting larger and larger. I kept telling myself it was just nothing, but it ate away at me. The last thing I wanted was to have to drop my pants in front of anyone and have them feel about at me, so rather stupidly I kept it all inside. At the beginning, I was a bit melodramatic, wondering how many years I had left, as it got nearer to 2007 I became less worried, knowing that if I did have cancer, id have known by then.

However in the end I went and had it checked out, and it was awful having to have someone go where only I can go. However I was relieved when it turned out to be a cyst and nothing more.

Phlip
12-07-10, 23:18
had the bullying thing too....

I now am terribly unable to speak to males very well, esspecially in my own age group. This is a social problem and a trust issue.

This. :(

larafan25
12-07-10, 23:19
Thanks :) - I found out recently that the guy who bullied me mainly. Had a load of family issues and an abusive father towards his mum. But i will never forgive him for what he did. Yeah he had a trouble but he kind of ruined my school life in the process lol.

I had a freak moment a while ago, I was out and I saw my bully who I hadn't seen in a very long time, and I felt so special because I was happy with who I was and he was the one who had underlying issues and had to take them out on others, me being one of them.:)

Rai
12-07-10, 23:22
Saphyre: That must have been tough for you to go through. Thank goodness it turned out to be 'just' a cyst. But I don't suppose you need telling how important it is to get checked out really early if you even suspect something like Cancer. You left it a long time :eek:. But you're okay and that's the main thing.

larafan25
12-07-10, 23:24
Worst period of my life was from years 2004 to 2007 fearing I had testicular cancer. I could feel a lump and it was gradually getting larger and larger. I kept telling myself it was just nothing, but it ate away at me. The last thing I wanted was to have to drop my pants in front of anyone and have them feel about at me, so rather stupidly I kept it all inside. At the beginning, I was a bit melodramatic, wondering how many years I had left, as it got nearer to 2007 I became less worried, knowing that if I did have cancer, id have known by then.

However in the end I went and had it checked out, and it was awful having to have someone go where only I can go. However I was relieved when it turned out to be a cyst and nothing more.

Well...you eventually would have had to have a physical examination right?

Physicals suck, so awkward, actually, not awkward, they should have their own term for describing them, it's just...strange. Ew.:p

Anywho, I am glad you finally went, you should never keep something like that to yourself and not do anything about it, these things happen pretty fast sometimes. We recently found out that my dog has a tumor on her splean, I suspected so a long time before we actually hit the vet. She had been very tired and wasn't getting up much (I blammed this on her old age) and she wasn't wanting to eat. Eventually I noticed what appeared to be the size of a rib cage near her butt, what happened was the tumor was on her splean and it was pushing it to the side creating this bump effect. There is not much we can do now, just wait for about 6-7 months. She is 8 years old, so she had a good length to her life, and she will, why am I talking like she is already dead, oh no, WTH. Anywho ya.:/

Tomb-Dude
12-07-10, 23:25
I had a freak moment a while ago, I was out and I saw my bully who I hadn't seen in a very long time, and I felt so special because I was happy with who I was and he was the one who had underlying issues and had to take them out on others, me being one of them.:)

I know what that feels like.
My bully found me on facebook, i was kind for some reason and accepted and he seems to have matured and just completly changed but I still feel nervous when talking to him =/

SkyPuppy
12-07-10, 23:25

holy... i've heard of bullying.. but that's extreme. i'm sorry that happened to you, Jake. i've also been bullied before, but nothing that major. :/

larafan25
12-07-10, 23:28
I know what that feels like.
My bully found me on facebook, i was kind for some reason and accepted and he seems to have matured and just completly changed but I still feel nervous when talking to him =/

I actually found someone the other day on facebook, I remember I said something to him years ago, and I specifically remember I made a comment about his posture, strangly trying to insinuate that he was gay. This was me trying to turn the spotlight away from me, as this was the type of bullying I was used to. I feel so bad, I thought I might say sorry, but I had no idea if he would remember, I also thought he would think I was strange.

HappyShannon
13-07-10, 19:30

A similar thing happened to me earlier this year, except it was a lump, growing huge over just a few days and it was on my lymph nodes at my groin :o I was terrified, and I told my mum after a day because I was so scared. It turned out to be shingles :/