PDA

View Full Version : When you grow up...

spikejones
07-03-09, 01:40
What do you want to be when you grow up? Yeah... I know its a cliche question and what not, but I'm curious.

I'd like to be happy when I grow up.

Catapharact
07-03-09, 01:42

You mean "Grow older" don't you? Or do you pesonally feel that you haven't matured enough emotionally?

General question.

Immortalis08
07-03-09, 01:42
BY the time I "grow up" I wish to have a more mature outlook on life. That and I want to join the peace corps and travel the world to study and live amongst various cultures. Basically I want to learn about as much of the world as I can before I expire.

bloodstormaoa
07-03-09, 01:44

Not to sound really EMO or anything but thats what I want as I mature :)

spikejones
07-03-09, 01:46
You mean "Grow older" don't you? Or do you pesonally feel that you haven't matured enough emotionally?

General question.
:ton: you know what I mean don't you?

I say I'd like to be happy because in the end... its not the job that really matters. I can be just as happy being a fine dining server as I could be if I was building computers.

Angelus
07-03-09, 01:47
I wanna be famous
I wanna be a star
I wanna be in movies

Nefertiti_89
07-03-09, 01:51
Happy, and working with sharks somewhere nice and hot. And also to be issue free for once in my life!

violentblossom
07-03-09, 01:52
I wanna be famous
I wanna be a star
I wanna be in movies

lmao! that's what popped into my head! :vlol:

i want to be able to live comfortably and be able to pay the bills and still have alot of money to enjoy.

Sir Croft
07-03-09, 01:56
I don't know, I want to be happy, work with something I like, have my family and live in a good place.

I wanna be famous
I wanna be a star
I wanna be in movies

lmao
I thought the same, I can't hear the words "When I grow up" without thinking of the song anymore :vlol:

TR love
07-03-09, 01:57
Afew things actually.\

I want to do photography for atleast six months

i want to travel the world

and i want to be a marine biologist

tombraiderluka
07-03-09, 01:59
I wanna be a singer/actor :) It's something I've wanted since I was very very young, like when I was 3 or 4 :D

TRhalloween
07-03-09, 02:04
I'm not sure, really. I want to be the most I make of myself

(The first thing thing that popped into my head was Garbage, not the bloody Pussycat Dolls)

Solice
07-03-09, 02:06
What do you want to be when you grow up? Yeah... I know its a cliche question and what not, but I'm curious.

I will never grow up:ton:

spikejones
07-03-09, 02:10
i want to travel the world
me too...
I've been wanting to go to Italy and ride a gondola, visit Australia and do some scuba diving and surfing (same at Hawaii)

if only there was a convenient way of doing so which didn't require allegiance to the military or Peace Corps - or take massive amounts of personal money - or passports.. grrrrr regulations
I will never grow up:ton:
are you Peter Pan :eek:

Ultimatum
07-03-09, 02:10
I want to be nothing at all.
Going serious, there are a few careers in my mind as for now.

Atlantisfreak666
07-03-09, 02:15
A drug addicted prostitute.

spikejones
07-03-09, 02:17
:confused:

they have rooms to help you :hug:

TRhalloween
07-03-09, 02:29

:vlol: Aim high, kids.

Rai
07-03-09, 02:29
Can I grow back down again? :p

I just want to strive to be a better person, I guess.

Wayne_Scales
07-03-09, 02:34
Centre back for Man u or musician.

Atlantisfreak666
07-03-09, 02:47
:vlol: Aim high, kids.

I want to be just like my idol....Janice.
:hug:

silver_wolf
07-03-09, 03:07
Archeologist FTW!

Immortalis08
07-03-09, 03:10
Archeologist FTW!

I absolutely love my archaeology classes! I geeked out when our Professor mentioned Tiwanaku and Lake Titicaca. It is one of many career options I am considering.

EmeraldFields
07-03-09, 03:13
I want to be a translator or a Spanish teacher. I want to know that when I go to work, it's for a good cause.:)

Benguitar
07-03-09, 03:47
Famous musician is my goal and dream so far, but my backup plan is to work for Apple.

MadCroy101
07-03-09, 04:12
1.I wanna meet Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, and Neil Peart
2.I wanna see Rush at least 20 times in my life.
3.I wanna make my hobbie a career (band, artwork, writing)
4.I wanna meet Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, and Neil Peart again.:p

the hooliganz
07-03-09, 05:23
To be a succesful writer, and architect, and of course be happy

freeze10108
07-03-09, 05:27
I'm still bouncing a few things back and forth in my head, like:

1. Microbiologist/Immunologist

2. (Video Game) Programmer

3. Engineer

4. Pretty much anything to do with Spanish

I've been leaning towards #1 for quite a few years though, and it's what I've currently based my high school courses around.http://i44.************/2s9b21f.jpg

Tyrannosaurus
07-03-09, 06:25

Me too. And have a wife or something.

sweetest-sin
07-03-09, 06:48
I wanna be famous
I wanna be a star
I wanna be in movies

u wanna have boobies too?

freeze10108
07-03-09, 07:02
u wanna have boobies too?

Except they say "groupies" not "boobies".http://i44.************/2s9b21f.jpg

Fish.
07-03-09, 08:17
Well, I'd like to get a degree in automotives and hopefully be a technician for Nissan. For whatever reason I love Nissan cars, and I hopefully can expand on that and make it into a career. :)

Logie 12 =]
07-03-09, 08:28
When I grow up, I wanna be famous
I wanna be a star, I wanna be in movies
When I grow up, I wanna see the world
Drive nice cars, I wanna have groupies, :)

Nannonxyay
07-03-09, 09:22
I wanna be famous
I wanna be a star
I wanna be in movies

I thought more of: "When I grow up, I'll be stable. When I grow up, I'll turn the tables." a la, Garbage. :p

But yeah, I would love to become a journalist or a TV presenter or something. :) But I doubt I could become a TV presenter because I'm not, "pretty" enough.

MiCkiZ88
07-03-09, 09:43
Character artist, graphic designer or something with tv media.Except they say "groupies" not "boobies".http://i44.************/2s9b21f.jpg
Now I feel like an idiot..

LaraCroftRox
07-03-09, 10:13
Archeologist FTW!

Agreed. :p

CerebralAssassin
07-03-09, 10:56
I wanna be a Grandmaster when I grow up!!:D

EDIT: oh wait...I'm already grown up!!http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/confused/confused0063.gif

ShadyCroft
07-03-09, 11:10
I wanna have a good job, a beautiful house and a partner I love, and go travel around the world and do good things to people around with my partner.

I know, its stupid, but that's I wish for when I'm grown up.

And be happy while at it, and thankful to God.

Voni
07-03-09, 11:13
Wait wait wait wait wait. I have to grow up?

ShadyCroft
07-03-09, 11:15
^^ hehe :p

sweetest-sin
07-03-09, 14:11
Except they say "groupies" not "boobies".http://i44.************/2s9b21f.jpg

ellen thinks its boobies :cln:

Ikas90
07-03-09, 14:22
I'd like to be a world traveller, that's the main thing. I'd like to be known for it as well, but that's really not as important. When I'm on my death-bed and I'm able to say I've travelled the whole world, I'll be happy. :)

Changeling
07-03-09, 17:04
I want to be perfectly healthy and happy when I grow up with enough money to pay the bills. :D

If you're talking about a career, I want to be all of these:

Actor; Director; Writer; Drama Teacher; Movement Director; Workshop Leader

I love the performing arts, and at first I only wanted to be an Actor since I was little, but then I realised that if you work in the performing business, you're self-employed; you can be more than one thing. I love directing theatre mainly (especially abstract and physical theatre), so I don't think I would ever direct a movie or something on TV, just act in it. I love writing, so I think I would either like to write scripts or books or both. Teaching drama would be another thing I would love to do because, where I live, there's hardly any drama classes in schools or drama clubs, so I'd love to reach out to younger aspiring performers and teach them what I know. :D And being a Workshop Leader is pretty much the same as wanting to be a Drama Teacher, except I think I would try to run workshops mainly for serious performers. In a recent experience, I've taken part in a lot of emotional exercises while in drama workshops, so I now love doing that; getting an Actor to be really in touch with their emotions for a certain genre and to develop a scene from the exercise. A Movement Director is just a person who teaches movement and physical theatre in drama.

Long post I know, but I wanted to go in-depth so I could bore you all. :p

MattTR
07-03-09, 17:06
I'm in school to become a paramedic, I'm unsure if it's exactly what I want to do, so I'm taking my pre-req classes at the moment. I have until August to decide, then I'd have to wait another 5 months for the term after.. it's so difficult deciding what you want to do. :(

Joely-Moley
07-03-09, 17:38
I wanna marry my fiancÚ, and have a long happy marriage
I wanna travel the world.
I want to be happy, and healthy, and love life, I never want to be in a boring 9-5 job.

viper456
07-03-09, 17:39
I wanna be famous
I wanna be a star
I wanna be in movies

LMAO I thought that too.

Lee croft
07-03-09, 17:43
LMAO I thought that too.

same here

Tihocan9
07-03-09, 17:52
I hope that in the years to come, I find out exactly what I want to be when I am older, because I am not quite sure yet. But I hope I can get into a good college and maybe get a scholarship somewhere. I am interested in Medicine so maybe a doctor but I am not sure which area to go into.

spikejones
07-03-09, 18:21
I wanna be a Grandmaster when I grow up!!:D

EDIT: oh wait...I'm already grown up!!http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/confused/confused0063.gif
there's always room to grow inside ;)
Wait wait wait wait wait. I have to grow up?
Marshal Mathers said "Don't you wanna grow up to be just like me?"
I wanna marry my fiancÚ, and have a long happy marriage
I wanna travel the world.
I want to be happy, and healthy, and love life, I never want to be in a boring 9-5 job.
:tmb::tmb:
I was pondering over in MGC yesterday about breaking the concept of being a member of "civil" society and making my own way a la some sort of island tribe. Live in a hut on the beach at some island, with my surfboard - be happy doing the things that I love without having to have a vacation pay to cover some house and car and what not. The way I see it.. you can't really live life if you are having to work all the time. Not living life = not being happy. The way I see it.

Joely-Moley
07-03-09, 18:35
:tmb::tmb:
I was pondering over in MGC yesterday about breaking the concept of being a member of "civil" society and making my own way a la some sort of island tribe. Live in a hut on the beach at some island, with my surfboard - be happy doing the things that I love without having to have a vacation pay to cover some house and car and what not. The way I see it.. you can't really live life if you are having to work all the time. Not living life = not being happy. The way I see it.

Exactly, I hate routine. I was looking at the people around me on the train the other day. Every Monday they get up between 5-7am, get ready go to work, work, come home to the same place every day to their average live, then go to bed and repeat all over again.

They will still be doing that in a month’s time, and most likely years from now. That’s fine if that works for you, but it would bore me to tears, heck going to college for 4 days a week drives me mad the thought of that being me till I’m 65 makes me want to die
I want to live life, really live life, I want to make a difference to something.
While I think a good career is important I don’t want that to be the main aspect of my life.

And thats enough of my rambling. :)

Biddy
07-03-09, 19:20
Personally...I'd like to have a more mature perspective on life in general. I want to learn to move on and disconnect from past relationships, and work hard towards my goals.

Punaxe
07-03-09, 20:07
As I already said in the "ambitions" thread a while back, I want to mean something to society, and be good at whatever it is I do to serve it. I want to be a part of dealing with serious problems.

Reggie
07-03-09, 20:12
I want to travel and make a difference whilst working in a job that doesn't rely on routine, boring and menial tasks, for now I'm interested in being a diplomat, that seems to tick many boxes. Later on I'd like a family but I'm not sure when.

ShadyCroft
07-03-09, 20:17
I hate routine.

I'm right there with you. Routine's a ***** ! If only I could take the car out for a ride...just any ride, any wild activity...GRRRRR!!! No, I have to go to sleep now and go to uni tomorrow then go back home and repeat the cycle for a week.

woody543
07-03-09, 21:14
At the moment, im doing my gcses and just chosen what a-levels to take. Which sparked up similar discussions, yet I really don't know what I want to do. In the end I based my subject choices on those subjects that I enjoyed.

Many however had very specific subject choices for certain career paths, and for alot of people theese were based around money.

and when asked "do you not want a good job" I realised that although i want a good job, for me it would be a job I enjoy rather than something that gives me money.

So Im just going to say I want to be happy, having a very low self-esteem means that, that is all I strive for.