12-03-09, 09:35
I'm realy shocked! sad! angry! helpless! what do think? :(:(:(:(:(:(

viper456
12-03-09, 09:37
Well I think we need more info to be honest :p

zipper
12-03-09, 09:42
Pupils try to come to terms with German school bloodbath

Germany was in mourning after a teenage gunman ran amok at a school and the local area, killing at least 15 people and finally himself in a shootout with police.

Seventeen-year-old Tim Kretschmer Wednesday burst into his former secondary school in Winnenden, a picturesque town in southern Germany, and opened fire, leaving nine pupils aged between 15 and 16 and three teachers dead.

Another three bystanders also died during a massive manhunt involving hundreds of armed police commandos and snipers in black body armour, assisted by helicopters and dogs.

Less than three hours after the killing spree began, the gunman eventually turned his weapon on himself after being injured in a fire-fight with police, bringing the death toll to 16.

"Something bad has happened. My neighbour is lying on the ground. I think she's dead," sobbed Ivo Pashak, 17, to his brother Hannes after the massacre.

Hannes, 16, recalled getting the mobile phone call from his panicked brother, who survived the shooting at the school.

"He told me there was blood everywhere and he was scared. He also said he simply didn't understand what had happened," Hannes told AFP.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news/world/pupils-try-to-come-to-terms-with-german-school-bloodbath/2009/03/12/1236447372524.html

MrBear
12-03-09, 09:42
Well I think we need more info to be honest :p

Here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7936817.stm) you go. Edit: ah, too late.

I was very saddened to hear about it yesterday. Pointless deaths confuse me, and school killings are just that: utterly and completely meaningless. It has got to stop. :o

viper456
12-03-09, 09:50
WHAT THE HELL!? AGAIN!? I honestly do not understand how things like this can happen...especially in a school! I could never imagine this happening at my old school. Its disgusting and so sad :(

TR love
12-03-09, 09:53
So i heard on the radio. I wonder why he did it?

i really feel for the victims (and boys) families

Keir_Eidos
12-03-09, 10:01
I read it. But I can't truly comprehend it.

Spong
12-03-09, 10:07
So i heard on the radio. I wonder why he did it?

That's one of the most harrowing aspects of this tragedy. Unless some kind of note is found then no one will ever know. There's been some conjecture already, some have said he had a grudge against women because all but one or two of the victims were female.

A truly shocking story though :(

Alex_
12-03-09, 10:10
I live in Germany, and I watched it on TV yesterday when I woke up and was shocked. :(

After it was over, there were several so-called "experts" on TV who said "Hey, the boy was wearing black, it's a clear proof that he was into violent computer games! And zomg, he also liked to watch horror movies!!"

- Yeah, right, blame it on his choice of clothes, shooters and movies again because there's clearly nothing wrong with our society or simply the boy's mind... oh for crying out loud :rolleyes:

Sedge
12-03-09, 10:41
I've become so numb when it comes to news like this already.. I do feel for the people involved, but the incident in itself just doesn't.. surprise me? .. which is already sad enough. :(

After it was over, there were several so-called "experts" on TV who said "Hey, the boy was wearing black, it's a clear proof that he was into violent computer games! And zomg, he also liked to watch horror movies!!"

Yup, let's blame it on them since there's nothing else we could think of, seriously.. -_- I just change the channel.

raiderfun
12-03-09, 12:39
That's very sad :(

sandygrimm
12-03-09, 12:43
They say the shooter was a retreated person with a large collection of horror movies O_o ( NO Shizz!)
and to be honest. The question is not why?.. but when.

It is a tragedy ( keep hearing it all over the news) but with today's "education", influences...kids sooner or later someone would of "snapped"

jjbennett
12-03-09, 12:48
I think the title is a little bit of an understatement. He shot (more like executed with shots to the head) 12 people and was heard saying "Aren't you all dead yet?"

His father also had an arsenal of over 15 guns i believe. Makes you wonder how he go access to them?

Alex Fly
12-03-09, 12:53
I heard about it, this is so horrible. :(

Aurelien52
12-03-09, 12:57
... :(

Lara Croft!
12-03-09, 13:03
I heard it... terrible news!

ShadyCroft
12-03-09, 13:58
That's really a tragic thing. :( May those who did not survive rest in peace !

But why ? WHY ?

Tony9595
12-03-09, 14:32
oh my! I havenīt heard about this, thanks for the info...

Itīs a real shame :(, why things like this are happening?

many inocent people are dying recently :(

Goose
12-03-09, 14:58
There never really is a why to these things, there reasons wont make any sense to us at all.

adventurerLara
12-03-09, 18:55
I saw this on the news today and apparently he was recieving mental help. Also he said on the internet to another 17 year old what he was going to do but he only relised how serious he was until he had heard about the incident.
How terrible:(

Draco
12-03-09, 18:57
Well population control will happen one way or another.

*laralover*
12-03-09, 19:03
Yeah i saw this its truly awful...:(

MrBear
12-03-09, 21:22
There never really is a why to these things, there reasons wont make any sense to us at all.

Well, half right; we most likely won't be able to understand the reasons behind such actions, but that doesn't prevent us from wondering "why?". At least not me.

Or maybe I agree with you, and the "why?" is not really a question...

There's no control to be found in this tragic event. Just pure and simple chance.

Biddy
12-03-09, 21:31
Gosh, he must have been mentally disturbed or had trouble in his life to do such a thing.

william croft
12-03-09, 21:32
Heard about it yesterday, very bad news, I feel for the family who actually had someone killed in this horrific incident.

I was watching some sort of interview with the guys classmate and she claimed he was a loner, maybe he had a grudge against.. well almost everyone.

He targeted mainly females (I'm lead to believe). 15 died In total (Not including himself). There a video with him wandering around the school car park with a gun (someone recorded it on his phone)... Makes you really think doesnt it.... :(:(:(

voltz
12-03-09, 21:41
Crimes like this show up every so often on the news now that I'm not even fazed by it anymore. I'll say this, unlike us in the USA, he had the guts to go down fighting compared to others who would normally turn emo and off themselves.

I just wish there was a way we could see signs of this beforehand so we could prevent any of it from ever happening.

dexter void
12-03-09, 21:45

that's why they start wars right? So they can keep population under control.

but this mentally disturbed case is truly awful. Innocent lives taken before they've had a chance to live.

We can never really make sense of these things but i remember learning at school in Culture, Belief & Ethics class that we need bad things to happen to outweigh the good things that happen in the world. Otherwise nothing would make sense if all good things happen.

It sounds sorta naive but has a slight truth to it but i don't completely buy it. I wish i could remember the proper term my teacher named it by though.

Rai
12-03-09, 21:46
This is just terrible. I can't imagine what could have driven him to commit such a horrible crime and then suicide.

My heart goes out to all the families who have lost loved ones.
:(

calico25
12-03-09, 21:56
Crimes like this show up every so often on the news now that I'm not even fazed by it anymore. I'll say this, unlike us in the USA, he had the guts to go down fighting compared to others who would normally turn emo and off themselves.

I just wish there was a way we could see signs of this beforehand so we could prevent any of it from ever happening.

Unreal. He had "guts" to kill innocent women and then kill himself only when he was out of options...sounds like every school shooting i have ever heard about. Something about those Germans and killing innocents huh....

Legends
12-03-09, 21:58
Can't imagine someone walking into the classroom and take a shot at everyone sitting at their desk. I seriously wish this ***hole to hell.

voltz
12-03-09, 22:02
Something about those Germans and killing innocents huh....

Putting the topic at that angle isn't either what I was planning or the thing I don't think any of us want to bring up here. Leave history out of it.

violentblossom
12-03-09, 22:03
oh my god, i hate when stuff like this happens.

its terribly sad and too unnessecary.

civilization will be its own downfall.

irjudd
12-03-09, 22:19
Well shame on him. Well, if he were still around. No better way to prove to your peers that you really are the loser they kept accusing you of being than to have a temper tantrum and kill everybody :rolleyes:

Hybrid Soldier
12-03-09, 22:20
I actually saw this on the news yesterday. I was quite disturbed... i never really know what to say when tragic events like this happen. Its sad to think people would go to such extremes and hurt/kill other people.

GenyaArikado
12-03-09, 22:20
what means ran amok?

violentblossom
12-03-09, 22:22
what means ran amok?

its like, "went crazy"

GenyaArikado
12-03-09, 22:24
its like, "went crazy"

thanks

rickybazire
12-03-09, 22:46
Mindless...

Just mindless...

The_Underworld
12-03-09, 23:45
What has the world come to?:( Tons of shootings here and there. When will people learn:(

MattTR
13-03-09, 01:37
Horrible.. but not suprised with the recent news.. :(

God bless his family, and they will be kept in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

tranniversary119
13-03-09, 01:45
And I can bet any money he got this idea from the: MEDIA!, but I mean he was probably raised differently..around guns and all. Sad really, I'm sick of hearing these stories..something needs to be done!

Draco
13-03-09, 02:40
There's no control to be found in this tragic event. Just pure and simple chance.

I'm sure he felt in control for a bit there.

that's why they start wars right? So they can keep population under control.

Yes, it happens all the time and is even happening now.

but this mentally disturbed case is truly awful. Innocent lives taken before they've had a chance to live.

This case is no worse than many other similar situations.

And innocent lives are snuffed out a lot earlier than that every day.

calico25
13-03-09, 09:11
This is one of the worst school shootings I have heard about...yet I must say that I find it very sad that it is treated differently because it happened in Europe and not the US. If it had been in the states, this thread would be littered with "only in America" and "this is what happens in a gun loving society" comments followed by the ever popular "this would never happen in Europe".

MrBear
13-03-09, 09:17
I'm sure he felt in control for a bit there.

If so, it was likely an illusion of control; you can point a gun at another human being and feel like you're 'the man', but you're not. But yes, you're right, he was momentarily in some sort of control. Anyway, he was clearly out of control (just playing with words here).

This is one of the worst school shootings I have heard about...yet I must say that I find it very sad that it is treated differently because it happened in Europe and not the US. If it had been in the states, this thread would be littered with "only in America" and "this is what happens in a gun loving society" comments followed by the ever popular "this would never happen in Europe".

It's only logical: if such an event like this occurs often, the sensation value decreases. Think of the millions of people dying in Africa: it's not really news anymore, so it doesn't get a lot of attention. It's sad, but that's how things work.

Oh, and your comment earlier in the thread: have you been to Germany? They're one of the nicest peoples on Earth, so don't crucify them for the Nazi times, please.

calico25
13-03-09, 09:28
If so, it was likely an illusion of control; you can point a gun at another human being and feel like you're 'the man', but you're not. But yes, you're right, he was momentarily in some sort of control. Anyway, he was clearly out of control (just playing with words here).

It's only logical: if such an event like this occurs often, the sensation value decreases. Think of the millions of people dying in Africa: it's not really news anymore, so it doesn't get a lot of attention. It's sad, but that's how things work.

Oh, and your comment earlier in the thread: have you been to Germany? They're one of the nicest peoples on Earth, so don't crucify them for the Nazi times, please.

I was joking around. I am half German myself...my father was born in Germany. I have spent alot of time in Europe and the UK.

MrBear
13-03-09, 09:32
Ah, I'm relieved to hear that. I wasn't exactly expecting ironic statements in this thread, so when I read your post it caught me off-guard. Glad you didn't mean it!

Encore
13-03-09, 14:33
Horrible news... Young people are becoming more and more empty and isolated and eventually disturbed... These are horrible times to grow up in. :(