PDA

View Full Version : The most amazing, sweetest gift!

Kiss-Bite
12-03-09, 09:39
I feel very lucky right now, yesterday I received a gift from somebody dear to me. I got a 360 Elite & 360 TR games!:yik: I'm so touched & gob smacked that someone would do this for me.:hug: Apparently, it was in an attempt to shut me up about the exclusive DLCs!:vlol: I would never have got a 360, for a start I own a PS3, but because I didn't want to feel like a manipulated TR fan.

I've never played TRL in next-gen so quite looking forward to that.:cln: Of course the 360 doesn't come with a Wireless Network Adapter so need to get one, they're quite expensive! However, I can't really complain one bit & I found this gift to be quite overwhelming.:o I am so, so grateful. I can now play BTA & LS to find out how good it actually is & if I feel it unfairly expands the TRU story for only the few. I will post a verdict soon.:D

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w145/kissbite/XBOX360.jpg

Carbonek_0051
12-03-09, 09:43
That's amazing of that person to do that for you, I can't wait to hear what you think.:) I'm glad to hear you will get a chance to play the DLC seeing as I know you are one of the people who were a bit disappointed you couldn't. All I have to say is you are lucky to have a friend do such a thing for you, and happy raiding.:tmb:

P.S. Lucky, I want the elite. :p

rowanlim
12-03-09, 09:44
Lucky you! Let us know how it holds up! :tmb:

I'll brag that someone from TRF sent to me TR3 & TR4, a deluxe edition I think. He's such a sweetheart! :hug:

Alex Fly
12-03-09, 09:52
Aww congratulations and enjoy it, it'd indeed a sweet attention from this person. :)

Legend Killer
12-03-09, 10:54
Congrats traitor! :vlol:

Seriously though, its an amazing gesture and I'm happy for you there. Looking forward to hearing your reviews on the DLC! :tmb:

Kiss-Bite
12-03-09, 11:15
Thank you everyone.;)

Congrats traitor! :vlol:

Seriously though, its an amazing gesture and I'm happy for you there. Looking forward to hearing your reviews on the DLC! :tmb:

Hehe:D I'm still happy with My PS3, I've always had one & as long as the Playstation stays around & is a quality machine, I will always have one.;)

On an objective comparison note, the PS3 is a better made machine, not talking specification but the quality of components that make the machine. Also I have to say the 360's interface is ugly in comparison as well. Also, if you add the price of the wireless network adapter (PS3's is inbuilt) onto the 360 Elite's price it is not far off the price of a PS3. However the Elite does have a 120GB removable hardrive. I also have to say that I do think TRU looks slightly better on the 360, but then TRU was built for it. Both the PS3 & 360 are great in different ways.

Like I said before I obviously can't complain & I feel very touched by this gift & I appreciate being able to experience both consoles.:)

Nausinous
12-03-09, 11:17
Congratulations, I'm sure you'll love the exclusive DLC! :D

Sorry to be a really nosy bugger but who gave it you? :o

Chocola teapot
12-03-09, 11:18
Your sooooo lucky, Enjoy your heart out!

Cristina
12-03-09, 11:26
Lucky you!!:)

Agent 47
12-03-09, 11:37
I'm still happy with My PS3, I've always had one & as long as the Playstation stays around & is a quality machine, I will always have one.

that's what they all say ;) once you defect there's no going back :vlol:

raiderfun
12-03-09, 11:40
Cool, congratulations :D

scoopy_loopy
12-03-09, 11:45
Looks like someones going to have to put out tonight!

Put out their credit card details for live that is. :cln:

Lavinder
12-03-09, 11:52
I really am so jealous, I never any good luck, seriously :(.

Hope you enjoy it :).

Lara Croft!
12-03-09, 12:09
That's an expensive and thoughtful gift! Enjoy!!!!

george_croft
12-03-09, 12:14
Now that's how you get into someones pants successfully.

Congrats Keyth, enjoy the DLC! :D

SoulReaver74
12-03-09, 12:22
Now that's a serious gift, now you have the best of both worlds, no match for the PS3 though.:D

violentblossom
12-03-09, 12:31
who is this person, and do they need anymore friends? :vlol:

Larson_1988
12-03-09, 12:33
^ Don't you already have a 360? :ton:

But seriously Kiss-Bite, i'm truly happy for you! :D Elite FTW! :tmb:

violentblossom
12-03-09, 12:36
^ Don't you already have a 360? :ton:

But seriously Kiss-Bite, i'm truly happy for you! :D Elite FTW! :tmb:

yes, but i could use a ps3... or an extra. :whi:

ShadyCroft
12-03-09, 12:46
Lucky you ! :D Hope you have a great time playing them ! :tmb:

da tomb raider!
12-03-09, 13:15
Good for you. Just make sure you keep the receipt handy...

disneyprincess20
12-03-09, 13:40
You're very lucky, congrats! :)

The_Underworld
12-03-09, 14:32
How thoughtful!:) Is eidos still awful?:D

Kiss-Bite
12-03-09, 17:32
Thank you everyone.:hug:

I'm extremely grateful for this gift & very touched by the generosity.:o

Good for you. Just make sure you keep the receipt handy...

Don't worry, the warranty form has been filled as well.:D

How thoughtful!:) Is eidos still awful?:D

Hehe:D When I play BTA & LS apart of me will still feel a bit sad as I know there are many other TR fans that don't have the same luxury.:(

Rivendell
12-03-09, 17:34
Now that's a nice present. :tmb:

Lenochka
12-03-09, 17:37
Wow! O.o
That's an expensive gift to get someone to 'shut up' as you put it xD

I hope you enjoy TR on the 360 :tmb:

Rivendell
12-03-09, 17:40
LMAO, I wonder if it actually said "Now will you just shut up please?" inside that pretty card. :p

GenyaArikado
12-03-09, 17:45
Good for you, betrayer, no, just kidding, I hope you enjoy it

Kiss-Bite
12-03-09, 17:57
LMAO, I wonder if it actually said "Now will you just shut up please?" inside that pretty card. :p

Hehe, you're onto something there!:D

Dingaling
12-03-09, 18:00
Very nice :tmb:.

I see it wasn't just TRU but the TRU Collector's Edition :D. Have fun playing the games and getting the achievements.

And remember you'll have to buy MS points to be able to download BTA and LS.

Kiss-Bite
12-03-09, 18:06
Very nice :tmb:.

I see it wasn't just TRU but the TRU Collector's Edition :D. Have fun playing the games and getting the achievements.

And remember you'll have to buy MS points to be able to download BTA and LS.

My friends know I have a thing for collector editions, esp when TR is concerned!:o:D

I'm not sure how the XboxLive system works? Can you buy things just with a credit card like the PSN store?:wve: Where do you actually get MS points?:confused::)

Dingaling
12-03-09, 18:10
My friends know I have a thing for collector editions, esp when TR is concerned!:o:D

I'm not sure how the XboxLive system works? Can you buy things just with a credit card like the PSN store?:wve: Where do you actually get MS points?:confused::)

Yeah, I've got a thing for CEs too :D. It's bad when the guys that work in GAME know what sort of stuff you like as well :/.

And you can buy MS Points from the Xbox Live Marketplace like on the PSN Store (you have to buy the points first, then spend them on the items) or you can buy them in stores :).

Larapink
12-03-09, 18:13
Yay congrats! :D

Welcome to the elite :mis: I own an Elite I love it! :D

Kiss-Bite
12-03-09, 18:15
Yeah, I've got a thing for CEs too :D. It's bad when the guys that work in GAME know what sort of stuff you like as well :/.

And you can buy MS Points from the Xbox Live Marketplace like on the PSN Store (you have to buy the points first, then spend them on the items) or you can buy them in stores :).

Thank you.:tmb:

Resident Evil 5 Limited Editions out tomorrow!:cln::D