PDA

View Full Version : Cooking Advice!

Lavinder
12-03-09, 19:25
A question! Just cooked a quiche from frozen which was pre-cooked when packaged - I had an argument and ended up crying and loosing my appetite. Will it be safe to warm of the quiche in the microwave later tonight? :confused:

Nannonxyay
12-03-09, 19:29
I guess it depends what's on the quiche. I don't think it would hurt re-heating it once more. I'd probably eat it cold though just in case.

Oh, and I hope you're ok with the whole argument thing. :hug:

sweetest-sin
12-03-09, 19:32
A question! Just cooked a quiche from frozen which was pre-cooked when packaged - I had an argument and ended up crying and loosing my appetite. Will it be safe to warm of the quiche in the microwave later tonight? :confused:

just make sure its hot all the way through

Larapink
12-03-09, 19:32
Yeah it should be safe, I have cooked a quiche from frozen cooked it in the ovan, then later warmed again in the Mircowave. It was fine.

Lavinder
12-03-09, 19:35
It's a lorraine quiche by the way, as in cheese and bacon etc.

I'll try cooking it in the microwave later, if I get food poisoning then it's on your heads :p.

jjbennett
12-03-09, 19:36
As long as you don't RE-FREEZE it, you should be ok.

*disclaimer - i have been known to be wrong in the past*

scion05
12-03-09, 19:37
Ironically, I had a frozen quiche defrosted in the microwave lmao.
Yes, I suppose it'd be okay to reheat it once more, but I'd sooner it eat it
cold just to be on the safe side :)

*laralover*
12-03-09, 19:38
Itl be fine. Just dont eat some of it then re freeze it. Blah i hate quiche..:p

Larapink
12-03-09, 19:39
if I get food poisoning then it's on your heads :p.
Nah, you won't get food poisoning. When I ate that quiche I was alright after. :)

Punaxe
12-03-09, 19:42
Bacon? I thought a quiche was supposed to contain only vegetables and stuff...

Anyways, I heat stuff in the microwave all the time. What do you think would be unsafe about it?

Lavinder
12-03-09, 19:44
Bacon? I thought a quiche was supposed to contain only vegetables and stuff...

Anyways, I heat stuff in the microwave all the time. What do you think would be unsafe about it?

Nope quiche's can have anything in them :p.

Because you're not meant to keep re-heating stuff :). Seeing as it's been cooked before packaged, frozen, then cooked, now I'm going to cook it again :p.

spikejones
12-03-09, 19:47
its perfectly fine to reheat food in the microwave. but if you want the best results (as in not too dried out/rubbery) - use a lower power setting (in the absence of an actual "reheat" button)

the whole purpose of cooking food is to kill bacteria and such that cause food poisoning. therefore.. it only stands to reason that cooking something TWICE will be all the more safe.

Punaxe
12-03-09, 19:49
Nope quiche's can have anything in them :p.

Because you're not meant to keep re-heating stuff :). Seeing as it's been cooked before packaged, frozen, then cooked, now I'm going to cook it again :p.

Not meant to... What would it do?

Lavinder
12-03-09, 19:59
Eating it now! :p

Gabi
12-03-09, 23:09
Eating it now! :p

Lavinder?
Laura?
Psst, are you still....erm....there?

Lavinder
12-03-09, 23:27