PDA

View Full Version : Help on futures and current career choices for me

xXhayleyroxXx
13-03-09, 16:45
Hey again, i'm really clueless on what i should do when i leave school so a little advise would be greatly needed. Currently, I'm in sixth form studying:
-performing arts
-biology
-english literature

Some career ideas im interested in:
- something to do with animals
-a singer
-running my own shop selling things like cosmetics not tested on animals, jewellery, my drawings

But apparently my parents say im too unconfident to be a singer (although i could improve), too 'delicate' to work outside with animals for the third suggestion is the shop and sell my drawings online for the moment, and learn to make jewellery , and attend newcastle college after school to do art

but i am still clued up on my other ideas, i love performing and animals...

amiro1989
13-03-09, 16:47
What do you love the most in this world, that you couldn't get enough of?

xXhayleyroxXx
13-03-09, 16:52
all of them things i mentioned, combined :(
its such a difficult choice!
i guess i could do performing as a hobby, and record songs onto a cd; although the actual job would be stuck between animals and my own business :'(

violentblossom
13-03-09, 16:58
i personally think anything with animals would be the least stressful, though they're all great choices.

xXhayleyroxXx
13-03-09, 17:00
i personally think anything with animals would be the least stressful, though they're all great choices.

yeah im so clued up on them all so they all sound great to me lol, performing is the most stressful by far i would say; but its like an addiction XD

Lew
13-03-09, 17:03
Hey again, i'm really clueless on what i should do when i leave school so a little advise would be greatly needed. Currently, I'm in sixth form studying:
-performing arts
-biology
-english literature

Some career ideas im interested in:
- something to do with animals
-a singer
-running my own shop selling things like cosmetics not tested on animals, jewellery, my drawings

But apparently my parents say im too unconfident to be a singer (although i could improve), too 'delicate' to work outside with animals for the third suggestion is the shop and sell my drawings online for the moment, and learn to make jewellery , and attend newcastle college after school to do art

but i am still clued up on my other ideas, i love performing and animals...

lol well can u sing

violentblossom
13-03-09, 17:09
yeah im so clued up on them all so they all sound great to me lol, performing is the most stressful by far i would say; but its like an addiction XD

yeah, i know what you mean. :D

i'd love to hear you sing. :jmp:

xXhayleyroxXx
13-03-09, 18:28
hehe when i get a microphone for my computer ill post a clcikable thingy of me singing XD
-well i get distinction for singing in performing arts ( a*, a*, a, a) so i guess so

Larapink
13-03-09, 21:59
I would say go with something you enjoy and you can see yourself doing in the future. Also have you been to see a Connexions advisor (http://www.connexions-direct.com/) at your college? You're in the UK right?

They will help you out.

Ikas90
13-03-09, 23:45
It's definitely not easy to decide what you want to do with your life. Running your own shop for cosmetics should be for later in life when you have heaps of money. First of all you should definitely take an art course and move up the ladder from there. Singing is definitely better as a hobby, but if you become professional you could even have that as a career and make even more money.

Nefertiti_89
14-03-09, 00:58
Have you thought of becoming a Park Ranger?

I'm just like you I love animals, but I could never be a vet, I just couldnt deal with the heartbreak of it all. My kid dream was to be a rockstar (totally still is), but I got my head together and am now studying Environmental Management with a double major in Sustainable Development and Marine Biology, looking forward to working to protect shark populations from commercial fishing and shark finning.

There are always things like zoology which bring in your love of animals and can get you into zookeeping and research, and sometimes also leads to educating younger generations on the importance of all the animals on our planet.

If you know someone who is in a career that you think you might wanna go into, talk to them, see what they did. If you want to work with animals, go to the zoo ask people there what they did.

xXhayleyroxXx
14-03-09, 11:35
thanks everyone, there's some really great advice here; i'll certaintly take it all on board,
-@ nefertiti - yeah sounds good, i did do work ex. @ the kielder bird of prey centre and really enjoyed it, although i never wanted to cut up the baby chicks which was a shame :(

@larapink- yeah i do :) good idea!

@ikas - yeah im torn between ur ideas and nefertiti's , omg so hard to choose XD