PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when people spread rumors?

sheepydee
13-03-09, 17:11
im currently having a bad time as some of you may know but im having people spread OBSCENE rumors that i just cant ignore! :( :( :(

what can i do , before i go and do something stupid :(

CerebralAssassin
13-03-09, 17:16
the only thing that you can do in this case:

just ignore them!!;)

violentblossom
13-03-09, 17:17
you hold your head up high and don't let people know it bothers you.

if you seem confident about yourself through this, people might wise up and realize its all crap.

sheepydee
13-03-09, 17:18

just ignore them!!;)

believe me ive tried it just ends up with me getting upset :'( i dont know what to do :(

@violentblossom , thats what i do , its too hard

violentblossom
13-03-09, 17:19
believe me ive tried it just ends up with me getting upset :'( i dont know what to do :(

i know, i know. i've been there.. :(

that's really the best way. THEY WILL get bored if you don't react to them. you really gotta push yourself. act smug, even.

sheepydee
13-03-09, 17:21
i know, i know. i've been there.. :(

that's really the best way. THEY WILL get bored if you don't react to them. you really gotta push yourself. act smug, even.

but thats just it they DONT tire of it , they carry on and come out with even worse things , ive tried acting like i dont care but they still do it :'(

Nausinous
13-03-09, 17:23
but thats just it they DONT tire of it , they carry on and come out with even worse things , ive tried acting like i dont care but they still do it :'(

Ask them...

'If you dislike me so much why do you spend so much time talking about me? I pity you.'

sheepydee
13-03-09, 17:24
Ask them...

'If you dislike me so much why do you spend so much time talking about me?'

Thats not a good idea , i just get them shouting out my name in a really weird way or i would get told to shut the F ' up or i would be battered

violentblossom
13-03-09, 17:25
:mad: you need to report them, then. what a bunch of low lifes.

amiro1989
13-03-09, 17:26
I don't know what is the nature of their rumors, but well some people did the same to me during my adolescence (like many other teens out there)... I think the best thing to do is actually "appreciate" it... If they want to hurt you, and they see it has the opposite effect, they'll probably stop talking about it...

Try to be sarcastic about it.

sheepydee
13-03-09, 17:26
:mad: you need to report them, then. what a bunch of low lifes.

i cant , i dont want to it will get worse and then the guy who usually strangles me will kill me :(

rickybazire
13-03-09, 17:29
If people spread rumours about me, when they tell me, I just laugh at it, and treat it like a joke almost. That way, the people I hang out with see it as not a problem to me, when infact they want it to be...

violentblossom
13-03-09, 17:30
i cant , i dont want to it will get worse and then the guy who usually strangles me will kill me :(

okay, but if you don't, then what happens? you're hurting yourself by not calling someone and getting something done.

i was in your position a few times in high school.. i was so afraid to tell people, and then one day i thought, "You know what? This is pathetic. I'm going to end this once and for all.. if they arent scared of me, i'll find someone they are afraid of." and you know what? it stopped.

toxicraider
13-03-09, 17:31
If people say weird stuff, i just go along with it, although I'm not sure how that would work, depending on the nature of the rumours.
Or if you sap up all the attention then the same people will then stop, (they want the attention for themselves ;)
yet I don't know how it would work in your situation.

Punaxe
13-03-09, 17:32

He strangles you? You'll definitely have to report this! At the school (assuming this takes place at a school) or even the police. This is abuse.

sheepydee
13-03-09, 17:33
okay, but if you don't, then what happens? you're hurting yourself by not calling someone and getting something done.

i was in your position a few times in high school.. i was so afraid to tell people, and then one day i thought, "You know what? This is pathetic. I'm going to end this once and for all.. if they arent scared of me, i'll find someone they are afraid of." and you know what? it stopped.

but thats soo hard i have a sensitive nature and really stressy anyway , and if i told a teacher i might get battered of killed even :'(

@punaxe , i cant do it , it will make it all worse :(

Punaxe
13-03-09, 17:36
but thats soo hard i have a sensitive nature and really stressy anyway , and if i told a teacher i might get battered of killed even :'(

@punaxe , i cant do it , it will make it all worse :(

If you're seriously afraid he'll kill you if you tell anyone, I really can't advise anything but going to the police. They should know how to deal with situations like these.

What do your parents say?

sheepydee
13-03-09, 17:37
If you're seriously afraid he'll kill you if you tell anyone, I really can't advise anything but going to the police. They should know how to deal with situations like these.

What do your parents say?

em , my parents dont even know

da tomb raider!
13-03-09, 17:41
This is exactly the kind of situation that I hate. You're being abused, physically and emotionally, and you're so scared you haven't even told your parents yet. I strongly suggest that you let your parents know what's going on, and see what they think. Staying quiet isn't going to stop the abuse, so you've got to do something if you want it to end.

trXD
13-03-09, 17:41
You need to report this one way or another, if you tell people about it all they wont let those kids even near you.

sheepydee
13-03-09, 17:42
This is exactly the kind of situation that I hate. You're being abused, physically and emotionally, and you're so scared you haven't even told your parents yet. I strongly suggest that you let your parents know what's going on, and see what they think. Staying quiet isn't going to stop the abuse, so you've got to do something if you want it to end.

my dad hates me i know that , and my mum has been severely ill in hospital , i dont want to stress her out :(

MiCkiZ88
13-03-09, 17:43
Usually I would just laugh at the rumors, but the latest ''rumor'' was so insulting that it made me lower myself to petty insults. But unfortunately rumors are rumors. They spread like wild fire and so many people buy them for real that it's just pathetic. Especially on an internet forum.. don't people have anything else to do except talk **** about others and have a giggle?

Oh well..

If you're at school, the only thing you might be able to do is to talk with your mentor or whatever and talk about the threats and physical abuse. I'm sorry to hear about it. :(

sheepydee
13-03-09, 17:44
Usually I would just laugh at the rumors, but the latest ''rumor'' was so insulting that it made me lower myself to petty insults. But unfortunately rumors are rumors. They spread like wild fire and so many people buy them for real that it's just pathetic. Especially on an internet forum.. don't people have anything else to do except talk **** about others and have a giggle?

Oh well..

If you're at school, the only thing you might be able to do is to talk with your mentor or whatever and talk about the threats and physical abuse. I'm sorry to hear about it. :(

:( *sighs* i really dont know what to do with myself :(

da tomb raider!
13-03-09, 17:45
my dad hates me i know that , and my mum has been severely ill in hospital , i dont want to stress her out :(

Can't you at least tell your dad about it? If he doesn't do anything about it, then try telling the school about it.

Larapink
13-03-09, 17:46
Because they have nothing else to do than ruin other peoples lives.

The most important thing you need to do is just ignore them, because if you react and get upset to what they say in front of them confirms their suspicions it's weird I know. But the best thing you can do is just ignore them.

I had to learn the hard way, I used to get upset by rumors that where totally untrue.

I hope everything is okay. :hug:

sheepydee
13-03-09, 17:47
Can't you at least tell your dad about it? If he doesn't do anything about it, then try telling the school about it.

i cant he hates me and i hate him , the school suck they dont do anything they go to the person "dont do again" and thats it , but do they stop? no

Punaxe
13-03-09, 17:48

I second this. You'll have to tell someone. It's the first step. It can be kept quiet from the bullies if you want to, if you fear of retribution, but you can discuss that with them as well.
The school will have confidants employed to talk to, or can point you to one.

Drone
13-03-09, 17:48
im currently having a bad time as some of you may know but im having people spread OBSCENE rumors that i just cant ignore! :( :( :(

and nobodys on your side? must be a crappy place.

sheepydee
13-03-09, 17:50
I second this. You'll have to tell someone. It's the first step. It can be kept quiet from the bullies if you want to, if you fear of retribution, but you can discuss that with them as well.
The school will have confidants employed to talk to, or can point you to one.

the school send you to councillor who does not even help , :(

my friends see it but they dont do anything they dont want to get involved :(

da tomb raider!
13-03-09, 17:51
i cant he hates me and i hate him , the school suck they dont do anything they go to the person "dont do again" and thats it , but do they stop? no

Alright, is there anybody you know who you think can help you? Perhaps a teacher you know well or a friends' parent? Maybe they can help. If not, tell the police. It's their job to stop things like this, after all.

trXD
13-03-09, 17:52
If this is really that bad, i would seriously consider telling the police.

sweetest-sin

just ignore them!!;)

you know its not true , try not to let them get to you
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set/BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFk9LZlZ6dXlsM1JHY2c0Tk 9sZHVaV0EAAAACaWQKAWUAAAAEc2l6ZQ.jpg (http://www.polyvore.com/as_lara_croft/set?.mid=embed&id=4351515)
dressing as the above always helps

Changeling
Why don't you actually try the advice people are giving you instead of worrying about what might happen, you'll never know until you try. We're trying to give you the best advice but you're not taking it. What exactly is it that people have said that is so upsetting, or is it too painful to write down? Just try and talk to someone about it, it's the only way it's going to stop, unless you have the balls to beat them all up and threaten to do it again if they ever spread anymore rumours (which I strongly advise you not to do).

sheepydee
Alright, is there anybody you know who you think can help you? Perhaps a teacher you know well or a friends' parent? Maybe they can help. If not, tell the police. It's their job to stop things like this, after all.

its a terribly difficult thing to do :( i cant do it its not a possibility for someone like me

Punaxe
the school send you to councillor who does not even help , :(

my friends see it but they dont do anything they dont want to get involved :(

Perhaps fighting against this together will make you and your dad hate each other a bit less.

If you're sure that's not an option and the school does nothing, go to the police. It's what they're for.

And I think this and everything you've read before is all we can give for advise on here. You should take it, and not be afraid. :)

its a terribly difficult thing to do :( i cant do it its not a possibility for someone like me

It is a possibility for everyone. Do it.

sheepydee
13-03-09, 17:54
Why don't you actually try the advice people are giving you instead of worrying about what might happen, you'll never know until you try. We're trying to give you the best advice but you're not taking it. What exactly is it that people have said that is so upsetting, or is it too painful to write down? Just try and talk to someone about it, it's the only way it's going to stop.

ive tried so hard to talk to people but it doesnt work they think im talkin rubbish and the rumors that were said were about my mother in hospital , it crushed me

@ punaxe , now that you mention it my friend emma said if i dont do anything she will , but i dont know if its sucha good idea :(

Changeling
13-03-09, 17:55
ive tried so hard to talk to people but it doesnt work they think im talkin rubbish and the rumors that were said were about my mother in hospital , it crushed me

But I thought you said that you haven't told anyone about it?

sheepydee
13-03-09, 17:56
But I thought you said that you haven't told anyone about it?

well i have TRIED but got no where so that is just as much as not telling

Changeling
13-03-09, 17:57
well i have TRIED but got no where so that is just as much as not telling

Right, I see. Well, my only advice is to tell either your parents, a teacher or person you can trust, confront this situation on your own or leave it to subside, it won't last forever. That's really all the advice I can give you I'm afraid. :(

da tomb raider!
13-03-09, 17:58

Can't you get someone else to do it then? Maybe that'll make it easier.

Punaxe
13-03-09, 17:58
sheepydee, I sympathize, but there's no magical solution. If you can't fix it yourself, you'll have to tell someone. There is no reason not to.

sheepydee
13-03-09, 17:59
Right, I see. Well, my only advice is to tell either your parents, a teacher or person you can trust, confront this situation on your own or leave it to subside, it won't last forever. That's really all the advice I can give you I'm afraid. :(

i thank you all for the help =) , but i think im just going to do it go to the hear head on monday with emma ( the friend who wants to help because she is worried) and try and get it sorted if it dont work , i m doomed

Joely-Moley
13-03-09, 18:04
I'm sorry, I have been in a similar situation and know first hand when it seems that there is no one there to listen, and how alone you can feel.

Have you tried telling a teacher or guidance about what is happening?

Are you being physically attacked? As horrible and hurtful as rumours are, sometimes it's best to try and ignore it as hard as it may be. But if it's physical, then it may be time to call the police in.

Remember, even if you feel alone a times, you can always talk to people on the forum, I know I speak for more than just myself when I say you are free to P.M me any time if you need to vent. :hug:

sheepydee
13-03-09, 18:07
I'm sorry, I have been in a similar situation and know first hand when it seems that there is no one there to listen, and how alone you can feel.

Have you tried telling a teacher or guidance about what is happening?

Are you being physically attacked? As horrible and hurtful as rumours are, sometimes it's best to try and ignore it as hard as it may be. But if it's physical, then it may be time to call the police in.

Remember, even if you feel alone a times, you can always talk to people on the forum, I know I speak for more than just myself when I say you are free to P.M me any time if you need to vent. :hug:

=) im glad you want to help =)

LaraCroftRox
13-03-09, 18:13
Me being a kind of person who doesn't care what others think, it's hard to empathise with you... but, as other people have said - ignore them. Thier just words. You know it's not true and that's all that's important. If it gets really bad, tell your parents/teachers or friends.

Jolf
13-03-09, 18:17
Sorry to hear about school:( If you don't try anything nothing will happend. You can't go around and be sad all day. If It really is that bad as you describe it you HAVE to tell anyone. I sugest the police if It's really bad. When something bad happens in school I always listen to a song. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFMYFSYAHb8

That always make my day when I'm sad. Since there's nothing I can do I sugest talking to anyone!

xXhayleyroxXx
13-03-09, 18:36
hey XD iv been bullied my whole life and people still make rumours up about me; also im very sensitive so of course i emphasise!
its stupid and pathetic and i think ur right to go to ur head, but if you see the peope just smile because it confuses them or completely ignore everything if u arent comfortable with doing that.
seriously iv had the worst rumours spread about me... like one my old best friend spread a rumour round that i put a peanut sojmeone were i shouldnt :S its actually quite amusing hearing everyones random sotrys bout you XD enlighten yourself hunni and think ur better than them because you truly are!
xxx

sheepydee
13-03-09, 18:48
hey XD iv been bullied my whole life and people still make rumours up about me; also im very sensitive so of course i emphasise!
its stupid and pathetic and i think ur right to go to ur head, but if you see the peope just smile because it confuses them or completely ignore everything if u arent comfortable with doing that.
seriously iv had the worst rumours spread about me... like one my old best friend spread a rumour round that i put a peanut sojmeone were i shouldnt :S its actually quite amusing hearing everyones random sotrys bout you XD enlighten yourself hunni and think ur better than them because you truly are!
xxx

its really hard to think im better than someone esle

xXhayleyroxXx
13-03-09, 19:00
its really hard to think im better than someone esle

you already are because u dnt believe in stupid rumours! ok, think of someone you look up 2 - e.g lara croft - now think how badass she is and think 'hey, i can be badass like lara' and it works, now relate it to someone you admire, it works for me anyway :)
xxx

Biddy
13-03-09, 19:46
Life is hard, no matter where you go you'll always encounter a couple of jerks. Don't lose to them, hold your chin up high and show them that you don't give a ****. You done this, you done that, well you don't CARE. Go on, tell them to spread that! ;)

Marianna12
13-03-09, 19:59
Well, if you don't want to tell it to your parents and teacher, maybe you should ask for help from your friends.
I don't know what kind of friends you have, but they'll maybe support you...
I really don't know what else to say...I just hope it ends up soon...:(

Atlantisfreak666
13-03-09, 20:12
Laugh.

Seb_01225
13-03-09, 20:26
just ignore them, once i had a rumor going around about me saying i was having sex with one of my teacher, which would have been gross he's like 30.
i just ignored that and it went away so if i were you I'd try to do the same.

irjudd
13-03-09, 21:41
Have you tried crying?

rowanlim
14-03-09, 01:21
You're being assaulted, harassed & insulted. You shouldn't accept all of this. The guy tried to strangle you already, he endangered your life. You have to fight this. Talk to your parents. I doubt your parents will leave you alone to fend for yourself. You spoke to your friends, ask them to help you if you know it'll be a tough fight. Talk to the counselors, I don't know if you can go directly to the police but it's worth a shot. This is your dignity, your safety that these people are messing with. You can't let them have their way with it. Be strong & fight back :tmb:

AmericanAssassin
14-03-09, 02:57
You're going to have to kill them. It's the only way. :)

TR love
14-03-09, 03:01
make whoever spread them suffer!!!!!

or confront the problem

Twilight
14-03-09, 03:22
when people make rumors i just ignore it and laugh at the people, they have no lives.
or just tell them to **** off.

Nefertiti_89
14-03-09, 03:24
Ignore them as best you can.

Seriously, what does it matter, if you know its not true then thats all that matters.

I used to get so many rumours spread about me at school and whenever someone would be like "I heard you did this with this person!" I'd just laugh at them and be like..."oh yeah totally and I did the same thing with your mum and the Pope last week."

Just be like teflon and let it all slide off.

If its bad enough you can always sue for defamation :) teach the little ****ers a lesson :D

M.A.
14-03-09, 03:30
If I were you, I'll find the root of the rumor and knock their ****ing teeth off! :mad:

The_Underworld
14-03-09, 03:34
Simple, get a group of people and jump him! :vlol: (That was a joke:tea:)
Just hold your head high and ignor them. If that doesn't work you can always go up to a bunch of people who are talking about you and join in. Laugh with them and they might stop. It will take the fun out of bullying for them:D

Goose
14-03-09, 06:27
Simple, get a group of people and jump him! :vlol: (That was a joke:tea:)
Just hold your head high and ignor them. If that doesn't work you can always go up to a bunch of people who are talking about you and join in. Laugh with them and they might stop. It will take the fun out of bullying for them:D

Yea thats right. If your able to laugh at yourself, then people don't tend to laugh at you, unless your making a joke about something you've done.

Melonie Tomb Raider
14-03-09, 06:44
You have to ignore them, it's really the only thing you can do, other than feed the drama and make it worse, and that's what the rumor spreader WANTS to happen.

I once had some bad rumors spread about me. Some lady told alllll the neighbors that I had some wild and crazy party with a bunch of guys at my house when my parents were gone (I was about 17 at the time). Of course it didn't happen, and I knew it didn't happen, so I never did anything about it. After my neighbors got to know me better, they knew it wasn't true, because they knew that I was not that kind of girl. So no harm done in that at all. :p

Lavinder
14-03-09, 11:13
I personally usually attack them :p. Feels good at the time, then there are consequences.

Nenya awakens
14-03-09, 12:04
I had rumours spread around about me at school alllll the time, i just used to laugh it off and act like it didint care.. if someone was saying something i'd just turn around to my mate, laugh and block out whats going on.. they soon got tired

Biddy
14-03-09, 12:15
http://assets.sparkpeople.com/assets/diet/emoticons/e40.gif

Seconded! :yik:

sheepydee
14-03-09, 12:36
its all weird tho before i never used to give a **** what people said about me , but now for some reason i get deeply offended and upseted :S
i used to not care what people thought but im not like that now :(

Biddy
14-03-09, 12:52
its all weird tho before i never used to give a **** what people said about me , but now for some reason i get deeply offended and upseted :S
i used to not care what people thought but im not like that now :(

Exactly like me. ;), years ago I'd shrug and brush it off my shoulders, but I'm much more sensitive and it's quite bothersome. People here have some brilliant advice, follow it and see how things go. It's not the end of the world, problems like these give you morals and toughens you up. ;)

Mister Croft
14-03-09, 12:57
What I do when someone spreads rumours about me, I try to find the source of the rumours and then I talk to the person who began to spread them ;)
And If I can't get this person to talk, I attack :p

sheepydee
14-03-09, 14:51
:hug: Thanks so much everyone :hug: your all so nice ^_^ and i know people say to talk to the person who started it (not a good idea in my case) but my friend and i have devised and idea , Hopefully it will work if not im doomed :(

but thanks everyone :hug::hug:

knightgames
14-03-09, 18:48
They do it because they know they can get away with it. Teachers (most anyway) won't help in any meaningful way. Principals have other issues to deal with. Police will have you fill out a report and let them know the next time it happens. They may even talk to the kid, but unless there's physical proof the thug attacked you nothing will happen..... except to make the thug madder.

Parents will want to help, but they aren't there to hold your hand through school. So no matter how involved they get (by calling other parents or the school or police et al) you are the one who walks the halls amongst these kids.

If it were just rumours instead of the added threat of violence I'd say laugh it off. BUT with violence already done, they have it in their head that you are a mark.

I HATE to suggest his as I'm a pacifist by nature, but the biggest, toughest one needs a lesson in manners. You get him to 'see straight' and the rest will follow. How long before the others see that he can physically abuse you and they in turn will start to abuse you as well?

You need to kick the ever living crap outta him. Fight dirty if he's that much bigger. If you are serious and not expressing hyperbole about him potentially killing you you need to beat him so bad that he fears you. One time standing up for yourself is better than trying to placate those who aren't capable of being reasoned with.

If after trying to ignore them... if after trying to reason with him.... if after reporting him to the school, parents, police et al and he hasn't stopped hit him hard. Hit him fast. And when he's on the ground clutching at his busted kneecap tell him it will be worse next time. LEAVE ME ALONE.

Bullies need to know you won't stand for their BS. Not confronting them empowers them and others toward physical abuse.

Again. If there isn't any violence then discard my advise. Rumours and talking behind ones back is like the wind. It'll blow away. Violence makes you a mark if you do nothing to prevent it.

LaraLuvrrr
14-03-09, 22:00
Go up to them and confront them. And if they get too cocky and keep spreading rumors then threaten them. And if that doesn't work then get even but in a legal way.

just croft
15-03-09, 00:16
As someone who's been haveing his share of rumors lately I'm going to be as understandable as possible

SIT BACK AND ENJOY!

Have your own laugh out of it, being yourself will show people that you're not what rumors say ;)

AmericanAssassin
15-03-09, 00:18
http://i41.************/14ik7x1.jpg

Be creative. :)

rowanlim
15-03-09, 00:31
:hug: Thanks so much everyone :hug: your all so nice ^_^ and i know people say to talk to the person who started it (not a good idea in my case) but my friend and i have devised and idea , Hopefully it will work if not im doomed :(

but thanks everyone :hug::hug:

Be strong, make sure your "plan" has no loopholes & isn't counterproductive :hug:

tombraiderluka
15-03-09, 00:33
http://i41.************/14ik7x1.jpg

Be creative. :)
:vlol:

Anyway, it's just a rumor, you shouldn't really care :D

Brikas94
15-03-09, 01:21

I can honestly say I understand you... I'm going through a hard time too...
I ignore anything they say, but I know it gets difficult sometimes...

Just concentrate on the people who actually love you! ;)

I wish you luck! :hug:

Candee Sparks
15-03-09, 01:24

Small stuff, laugh it off. Obscene stuff that's disruptive, go to someone who can do things about it. Anything further than that, go to the police. You shouldn't have to tolerate it and if that means filling out a police report and that person/people are confronted, well then your doing something about it.

Draco
15-03-09, 03:43
Have your goons break the leaky mouths' legs...well worked for me anyway.

sheepydee
15-03-09, 10:05
They do it because they know they can get away with it. Teachers (most anyway) won't help in any meaningful way. Principals have other issues to deal with. Police will have you fill out a report and let them know the next time it happens. They may even talk to the kid, but unless there's physical proof the thug attacked you nothing will happen..... except to make the thug madder.

Parents will want to help, but they aren't there to hold your hand through school. So no matter how involved they get (by calling other parents or the school or police et al) you are the one who walks the halls amongst these kids.

If it were just rumours instead of the added threat of violence I'd say laugh it off. BUT with violence already done, they have it in their head that you are a mark.

I HATE to suggest his as I'm a pacifist by nature, but the biggest, toughest one needs a lesson in manners. You get him to 'see straight' and the rest will follow. How long before the others see that he can physically abuse you and they in turn will start to abuse you as well?

You need to kick the ever living crap outta him. Fight dirty if he's that much bigger. If you are serious and not expressing hyperbole about him potentially killing you you need to beat him so bad that he fears you. One time standing up for yourself is better than trying to placate those who aren't capable of being reasoned with.

If after trying to ignore them... if after trying to reason with him.... if after reporting him to the school, parents, police et al and he hasn't stopped hit him hard. Hit him fast. And when he's on the ground clutching at his busted kneecap tell him it will be worse next time. LEAVE ME ALONE.

Bullies need to know you won't stand for their BS. Not confronting them empowers them and others toward physical abuse.

Again. If there isn't any violence then discard my advise. Rumours and talking behind ones back is like the wind. It'll blow away. Violence makes you a mark if you do nothing to prevent it.

Your suggesting i fight back my my that is a HUGE no no , that guy us about 4 times bigger than me and easily gets the better of me :( and i couldnt fight to save my life anyway :S

knightgames
15-03-09, 13:22
Actually I'm suggesting you club him while he ain't looking. And then KEEP hitting him. I'm talking about assaulting him. IF he's as dangerous as he sounds. If other measures that folks here have put forth haven't worked THEN walk up behind him and club him in the knee.

Sorry, but if the guy IS as big and as imposing as you say he is then he's not really fighting fair either, now is he?

Ultimately you have to do what's best for you. My advise is horrible, I know. I'm not a fighter either. All I will say is that, while in a relatively similar situation as yours, all the other options that I and others have mentioned didn't work. Instead it made the abuse worse.

Health wise I wasn't in a situation to defend myself in a fight (which made his abuse even more heinous). So I commiserate with you when you say you can't fight back. All I wanted to do was go to school, get a resemblance of an education, and live peacibly with my classmates.

I hope the best for you, sheepydee. Maybe it's not as bad for you as I'm making it out to be. If it's just rumours and you can avoid this guy, then that's what you should do. MAYBE the other options will be effective. For me they weren't.

Again. I abhore violence, but I sadly can see where it can be necessary should other options fail, and your safety and well being is in question.

Good luck. I really mean it.

Minty Mouth
15-03-09, 13:43
if i told a teacher i might get battered of killed even :'(

If you think that then youre playing right into their hands. Thats exactly what they want you to think.

violentblossom
15-03-09, 13:50
Sheepy, i don't want to sound mean, because i really feel for you, but if you won't take our advice, then what do you want from us?

Alot of us have given you very helpful suggestions, and you've basically shot them all down. :(

laralover_07
15-03-09, 13:54
Sorry if this doesn't sound sympathetic, but it needs to be said.

I've been in the same situation as you, and let me tell you, making little plots with friends to take down the bad guy like you see on TV doesn't work.

You neeed to get over whatever it is you have against your dad, and actually do something that will work, rather than getting together with your BFF and doing something that will die on it's arse.

Sorry, but this really sounds like something that needs action taken, and you need to get out there and do something if you want it it change.

Good luck. :)

knightgames
15-03-09, 14:04
I really shouldn't be advocating violence. I DO think it's wrong, and I apologise. If it ever should come to that I would understand fully.

I understand your reticence to others suggestions and how powerless you feel right now. It's not a good place to be. You NEED to stand yourself up and be the strong person you CAN be and take the situation by the horns. You may even surprise yourself at what YOU can do.

That means looking into suggestions that others have made. REALISE there will be consequenses from this anus, but doing nothing will make you feel weaker and more powerless to prevent his advances. Doing something.... ANYTHING will be a course in the right direction.

Do you have a circle of friends that you can hang around so that he may not pick on you while with them? Are there school programs that would exclude him from participating?

I still feel bullies only understand one language. Putting myself on their level disgusts me.............. but....... I hate the idea of running away should other methods fail. I feet doing that is more detrimental than a busted lip or broken arm.

knightgames
16-03-09, 01:17
Hey sheepydee,

Talk about good timing. ABC News had an interesting story in regards to bullying. I think it's a very unique look at how to confront the problem.

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/MindMoodNews/story?id=7088059&page=1

No one's tattled on. The problem gets the recognition it deserves, and hopefully those who do abuse can find a better way to use their time instead of abusing others.

And best of all NO FIGHTS!!!!!!

Tear
16-03-09, 06:29
What do I do when people spread rumors? ...Ignore them. Or straighten the stories out.

Phoebe_Croft
16-03-09, 08:12
Hey there. I can't imagine what you're going through. Pardon me if this is bursting your bubble, but could you tell us where these events took place, if it's at school this must be a problem. Everyone get's teased, bullied etc. I'm pretty sure everyone on this forum has unless they are the "bullies". If there's are rumor going around, you can't ignore it, I've tried, it never works."True" friends will always stick by you, if they don't, they're false. Face it, some teachers do nothing, they just do their jobs and go home as their true ego, only some are kind, you'd rarely find one (Titak). Principals are the same as well. If your parents won't listen, ask a sibling or relative. If there's a kids helpline in your country, turn to them.

Remember, if you need more help or advice ask me, I'd be willing to dedicate my time, or some kind people on TRF will assist you. Keep safe and Happy Raiding :) , P_C.

Ikas90
16-03-09, 08:40
Do something about it already. You've been given lots of helpful advice in this thread. The best thing you can do is tell someone about it. Tell your parents first, since they should be the ones who care about you the most and know what to do in your situation. Silence is what will kill you at the end of the day.