PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Spooky Photos

Evelyn.
13-03-09, 20:14
Not been on the forums for a while down to horrendous amounts of Corsework :mad: So I thought id start a new thread to also corrospond with Friday the 13th :D

So anybody ever caught a spooky picture using your digital camera or even mobile phone? Any orbs or ghostly faces?

To kick things off il start by posting a photo of me and one of my friends Kirsty:

http://i43.************/2wpmgkz.jpg

This was took at school in my form room and weve always been scared of this store room at the back so about a month ago me Ashley and kirsty decided to hide in the cupboard in the dark with one of our phones on RECORD. After walking out been dissapointed that nothing happened we listened to the recording. And got this spooky voice saying " *unclear* wants to go now " in this sort of robotic voice.
So since then weve steered clear but today we were just taking random pictures and found orbs on various photos (i have more of these just those are the most promonant). Whats most weird is that Megan (whos terrified of ghosts and refused to go in the stock room with us) doesnt have any sort of orbs on her, whereas us 3 all have. Maybe the 'spirit' is still connected to us somehow?

Well just thought id start off with that, if anyones intrested in hearing the recding with the voice i have it as an MP3 ;)

Happy Friday the 13th!
Eve x

edit: Compression of the picture reduces the amount of orbs you can see but as a bigger picture there are up too 7 ;)

Jake Croft
13-03-09, 20:16
I had this happen to me the other day... i took a picture twice from the same angel of my room, the first time there were 3 or 4 orbs then the second time there was nothing whatsoever... freaky if you ask me :D

-OllieCroft-
13-03-09, 20:17
i have never seen this before
they look like oxygen bubbles to me though. ok?

Evelyn.
13-03-09, 20:20
I had this happen to me the other day... i took a picture twice from the same angel of my room, the first time there were 3 or 4 orbs then the second time there was nothing whatsoever... freaky if you ask me :D

thats actually intresting because i have this 'multi-shot' function on my camera and i took two photos at the same time and one of them had a huge orb, where as the other nothing was there. hmm...

x

Jake Croft
13-03-09, 20:23
D:!
we are the chosen ones aha :)
i find all this stuff really interesting
has happened to me on a few occasions

Evelyn.
13-03-09, 20:26
lol i think we must be haha

I know! Its all really intresting to read and learn about, but it really scared me when i looked at all the other pictures. Its like i want to know whats causing them but im too worried to lol

x

Punaxe
13-03-09, 21:31
Guys, those 'orbs' are just specs of dust/water in the air or on the camera's lens. Trust me. :)

Evelyn.
13-03-09, 21:46
Well then how do you explain why they werent on every photo then that same day? :)

x

Punaxe
13-03-09, 21:55
Especially if it was water, it of course evaporates. Pieces of dust et cetera aren't everywhere either, and where they are, they float around.

Here are two pictures I took in New Zealand:

http://files.noctifer.net/trf/HPIM4918.jpg

http://files.noctifer.net/trf/HPIM4929.jpg

Especially on the first you can see a distribution pattern similar to rain (which it is, on both). I've made similar photos to yours with specs of dust on my filters, even recreating one on purpose to prove this same point to someone else who thought he'd been shooting orbs.

EDIT:

Here you can see them in combination with another classic: air just breathed out by the person shooting the picture or by someone else standing closeby when it's cold. Using a flash captures this smoke even better, and it is often mistaken for a 'ghost' or 'spirit'.

http://files.noctifer.net/trf/smoke.jpg

Voni
13-03-09, 22:07
Would that be why orbs appear then? We took some photos in a graveyard on new year's eve (yeah, I know, *rolls eyes*, and we got this:

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1923/139/115/502409528/n502409528_1898089_2094.jpg

It wasn't raining, the camera wasn't exactly dirty and it can't all be the cameraman's breath? Can it?

Punaxe
13-03-09, 22:11
You clearly used a flash there, which makes everything (at close range) light up extremely, which is what happened there. Of course we can't say what substances exactly were causing those reflections, but we can be pretty sure it wasn't ghosts. Could've been breath. Could've been dirt. Was it misty?

Spong
13-03-09, 22:31
I bet every picture in this thread that contains the mysterious orbs (excluding Punaxe's pics because they're clearly just water droplets) were taken using digital cameras. It's a phenomena that doesn't seem to occur using "old fashioned" film cameras.

Punaxe
13-03-09, 22:42
I bet every picture in this thread (excluding Punaxe's pics because they're clearly just water droplets) that contains the mysterious orbs were taken using digital cameras. It's a phenomena that doesn't seem to occur using "old fashioned" film cameras.

It is more common on the smaller cameras because the distance between the flash and the lens is then smaller. Film or digital, that doesn't matter.

Spong
13-03-09, 22:47
It is more common on the smaller cameras because the distance between the flash and the lens is then smaller. Film or digital, that doesn't matter.

The flash is irrelevant really. I've seen loads of pics with orbs and similar anomalies where the flash hasn't been used. But I've yet to see an orb on a picture developed from a film negative.

Punaxe
13-03-09, 22:48
The flash is irrelevant really. I've seen loads of pics with orbs and similar anomalies where the flash hasn't been used. But I've yet to see an orb on a picture developed from a film negative.

Well, it's reflection of light, so the flash is very relevant. It's not necessary, but I think most pictures of orbs are actually taken with flash. And well... I've seen them on film as well.

]{eith
13-03-09, 22:55
http://i44.************/24xi0d5.jpg
:eek:!!

Sorry, I don't have any spooky pictures. I have terrifying ones but I can't post them here. :mis:

Spong
13-03-09, 22:56
Well, it's reflection of light, so the flash is very relevant. It's not necessary, but I think most pictures of orbs are actually taken with flash. And well... I've seen them on film as well.

Your pictures are a reflection of light, or rather a refraction of light. You can see that in the rainbow effect within the circles. That isn't present in the others.

Punaxe
13-03-09, 23:03
Your pictures are a reflection of light, or rather a refraction of light. You can see that in the rainbow effect within the circles. That isn't present in the others.

Mine are both I think. Would you say Voni's picture does not portray reflection?

violentblossom
13-03-09, 23:04
i didn't take this, but i found it on website.

http://ghoststudy.com/galleria/sep08/trueghost20019.htm

Evelyn.
13-03-09, 23:11
you make a good point and i like the pictures you've chosen, however im still unsure whether or not its down to technoligy or the paranormal, it would be easy to blame dust particles and flash because humans instinct tells them to get evidence before theyl believe. But sometimes i wonder whether or not we can accept that other 'Planes' or 'spirits' do exist and if our minds are capable of believing this and looking past whats 'meant to make sense' and 'what the right explanation is'. Sometimes isnt instinct more reliable than what we are told?

Maybe im being a tad dramatic (i have just finished an RE essay based on the sanctity of life lol) but i think theres something spooky about certain photos/videos. Like how can this be explained, theres just one 'orb' thingybob and its just there not near the window or a reflection or anything it seems to be too direct-

http://i41.************/2vd2sg0.jpg
[CLOSE UP]
http://i40.************/289un5.jpg

x

Punaxe
13-03-09, 23:17
^ Exactly the same explanation is possible. Here's the Wikipedia article on orbs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orb_(photographic)). Have a look at the external links as well.

I'm the first to admit there are still things we don't understand, including some things that we now call "paranormal", but I'm convinced these orbs are no evidence of that.

Voni
13-03-09, 23:25
Hmm, fair enough. It just struck me as odd as we have other photos from that night and theres' nowt, and they're the same conditions, outdoors, etc. But for some reason all the graveyard ones are like that. Could be the flash, could be the paranormal. Who knows, eh?

Punaxe
13-03-09, 23:30
Well, it depends on the environment: if there were more particles in the air at the graveyard, or during the time you were at the graveyard (due to weather for example), there you go :p

Also Spong, I looked into it a bit, and apprently there is a diference between digital vs. analogue cameras, but they attribute this to the crop factor and larger depth of field of most digital cameras. You'll probably find it just as much on full-frame digital cameras as on general analogue ones.

Evelyn.
13-03-09, 23:32
so you proove a good point :D and maybe im beggining to lose my end of the debate, one question i do wonder about though is ive taken pictures in that room before and orbs or backscatter like that haven't appeared on them, is it just a random effect? And not just orbs then how about these other pictures that people on the internet have posted with actual figures and shapes? I don't think ive got any photos like those though, just ones iv'e seen.

x

Punaxe
13-03-09, 23:36
Well, the presence of particles may be called 'random'... There's just one tiny particle that has to be present in your field of view at that time. During rain that will happen all the time, but indoors it's of course a lot less usual that there's something floating around in your field of view.

About the ones showing actual persons... Usually that's either fake (multiple exposures for example: one picture with, one without the person, mix the two and you'll have a transparent person) or random noise that you happen to see something in, just like you can see shapes in clouds and faces in random patterns.

Evelyn.
13-03-09, 23:42
I guess theres always going to be some sort of bridge between science and spirituality, and if you truly believe that spirits exists no amount of evidence will change your mind even if it sounds reasonable at the time. As for these pictures ive posted perhaps i can now see that maybe there not down to anything strange but i still dont believe everything like this has a perfect explanation. Somethings are just not understandable to humans, and rightly so i guess.

x