PDA

View Full Version : Gordonstoun-Closer Than I thought.

touchthesky
15-03-09, 15:34
http://www.gordonstoun.org.uk/index.aspx?pageID=1

Interestingly enough, I live really near to Gordonstoun schools..where Lara Croft was said to have been taught ;).

I have never seen the school before but it is apparently in Elgin. The town where my boyfriend works, where I cinema most weekends and where I love to shop! :O! I always knew it was PRETTY near here, but not 45 minutes away.

Does anyone else live near or around any Tomb Raider related places?

Nausinous
15-03-09, 15:41
http://www.gordonstoun.org.uk/index.aspx?pageID=1

Interestingly enough, I live really near to Gordonstoun schools..where Lara Croft was said to have been taught ;).

I have never seen the school before but it is apparently in Elgin. The town where my boyfriend works, where I cinema most weekends and where I love to shop! :O! I always knew it was PRETTY near here, but not 45 minutes away.

Does anyone else live near or around any Tomb Raider related places?

I implore you to go take photos of this school! :D Oh and where did you find out Lara had been taught there?

I live no where Tomb Raider related unfortunately but I want to go visit the house that is featured in the movies and the game.

VonCroy360
15-03-09, 15:44
^There are some pics on the site.
It looks great for a school. :cln:

laralover_07
15-03-09, 15:53
There is a segment about the school on the "Lethal and Loaded" Documentary. The headmaster at the time had a Lara Croft statuette on his desk, and I'm sure there was a painting of her up somewhere.

touchthesky
15-03-09, 15:56
I would love to go and ask the current headmaster about her, but I dunno what his reaction would be lol!

Maybe when I have completed my new Classic Lara costume I could go up there dressed up xD.

]{eith
15-03-09, 16:06
^^ Oh that's really cool. I remember seeing the segment on that school in the Lara Croft; Lethal & Loaded documentary.

Lara's never visited mainland Ireland in the games. The fictional Black Isle in Chronicles is set off the coast of Galway which is not that close to me. About four hours drive. However, she did go to Offaly in one of the comics which is alot closer.

Reggie
15-03-09, 16:16
Wow! You should go explore it if you can. :tmb: