PDA

View Full Version : Beer question?

Lavinder
16-03-09, 19:24
I have this very strange problem, when I drink beer I feel very tipsy after a very small amount and get quite hot and tingly - whereas other drinks don't affect me? Don't worry, I'm not drinking huge amounts, I just had half a pint with my curry and I've drank half of it. :p

I was just wondering if I'm allergic or something :confused:.

violentblossom
16-03-09, 19:25
LOL, a genuine beer drinking girl?! high five!

Lavinder
16-03-09, 19:28
I love both beer and cider, I could drink them like pop. Only difference is that I drink loads of cider and it does not touch me whereas I drink a tiny bit of beer and it sends me funny :p.

spikejones
16-03-09, 19:31
that is the affect produced by alcohol alright. I wonder - what are the other drinks you are consuming? Are you consuming similar amounts of them? At any rate - I wouldn't say you are allergic to alcohol if a beer will affect you.

It's more common place for an alcoholic to be considered a person with an allergy rather, considering we drink to excess (ie.. abnormally). But hey.. any reaction that is not "normal" can be considered allergic.

Lavinder
16-03-09, 19:34
that is the affect produced by alcohol alright. I wonder - what are the other drinks you are consuming? Are you consuming similar amounts of them? At any rate - I wouldn't say you are allergic to alcohol if a beer will affect you.

It's more common place for an alcoholic to be considered a person with an allergy rather, considering we drink to excess (ie.. abnormally). But hey.. any reaction that is not "normal" can be considered allergic.

I don't drink regularly, just have a beer or a cider with my food once a month/couple of weeks. When I do drink to get drunk I usually drink vodka or rum with something, which I can drink about 4 drinks before I'm as affected as I am with beer.

spikejones
16-03-09, 19:39
the cider you drink.. is it alcoholic?
strange that vodka will affect you less though.

are you drinking mixed drinks or straight 1oz shots?
how about the beer? 12oz?

typically a shot glass equates to a can/bottle of beer when comparing alcohol by volume. However, the distillation and fermentation processes etc.. vary from drink to drink so the effects can actually be slightly different. The impairment is still there in form of reduced reaction time, loss of inhibitions, etc.. but you may not have the dizzy tipsy warming sensation with some drinks.

Lavinder
16-03-09, 19:42
the cider you drink.. is it alcoholic?
strange that vodka will affect you less though.

are you drinking mixed drinks or straight 1oz shots?
how about the beer? 12oz?

typically a shot glass equates to a can/bottle of beer when comparing alcohol by volume. However, the distillation and fermentation processes etc.. vary from drink to drink so the effects can actually be slightly different. The impairment is still there in form of reduced reaction time, loss of inhibitions, etc.. but you may not have the dizzy tipsy warming sensation with some drinks.

Yes, it's alcoholic.

Mixed drinks I assume? Vodka/rum and coke/orange etc.

A small bottle of beer? I'm not sure about oz :o. It's usually Stella Artois cause that's all my mother drinks.

spikejones
16-03-09, 19:48
ahh. a pint is 16 oz - slightly larger than a typical american beer bottle.
mixed drinks refer to things like margaritas, daiquiris, long island iced tea, bloody marys, screw drivers, buttery nipples, blow jobs, mud slides, etc. --- A liquor shot (or two or three) with mixers that overpower the burning liquor sensation.

I (used to) drink mixed drinks and drinks like smirnoff without getting the warm tinglies - but when I drank whisky, tequila, rum, or vodka shots (no mixer, no chaser) I would get the warm tinglies.

Lavinder
16-03-09, 19:51
I suppose my body just digests beer differently - just worried encase I was hurting my body, quite ironic actually? :p

Neteru
16-03-09, 19:57
In a sense the affects of alcohol can be said to be an allergic reaction because alcohol is a poison.

spikejones
16-03-09, 20:05
just worried encase I was hurting my body, quite ironic actually? :p

because alcohol is a poison.

/me speaks through others this time

Seb_01225
16-03-09, 20:39
Hell yes beer hits me a lot harder than spirits do.

scion05
16-03-09, 20:49
Every type of alcohol effects me, just very slowly. LOL.

The trick which we all know, but rarely follow is never mix spirits with " ale ".

george_croft
16-03-09, 20:51
Hmm, i don't necessarily feel tipsy easily after drinking beer, but something that happened to me a couple of weeks ago might be worth mentioning. I had just arrived at a club, and we were served beer immediately, and as soon as i started drinking it i noticed something was wrong. I smelled the bottle and, to me, it smelled horrible. I asked my boyfriend to smell it, and he didn't find the smell weird at all. Ten minutes passed, i decided to take a couple of sips again, turned around from the bar and passed out. Right there on the dancefloor. I woke up after a couple of seconds, and felt like utter crap the rest of the night.

I can handle alcohol, so it must of been some kind of allergic reaction, i take it.

jamieoliver22
16-03-09, 20:53
I can handle alcohol, so it must of been some kind of allergic reaction, i take it.

Or it could have been spiked? =\

george_croft
16-03-09, 21:05
Hmm, maybe so. I can't think of any reasons someone would spike my drink, though. :p

spikejones
16-03-09, 21:39
maybe your boyfriend wanted to date rape you by slipping you a roofie in your drink.:p

jamieoliver22
16-03-09, 21:43
Hmm, maybe so. I can't think of any reasons someone would spike my drink, though. :p

You never know. It could have been intended for someone else, it could have been someone who thought was funny, someone could have done it to loads of drinks to see what effect it has on people? There are some dickheads around, you can never be too careful sometimes.

maybe your boyfriend wanted to date rape you by slipping you a roofie in your drink.:p

Erm?...

george_croft
16-03-09, 22:46
Yeah, you're probably right Jamie, there are some real idiots out there.

Um, I'm going to pretend i didn't read that.

DREWY
17-03-09, 11:57
Maybe it's just a reaction to the yeast.

SoulReaver74
17-03-09, 12:05
The fact you can drink more cider than beer with little effect does surprise me, i'm the opposite.. 1 pint of cider and i'm finished, but spirits don't sem to touch me, i guess everyone is effected differently.

Angelx14
17-03-09, 12:49
You get tipsy quickly either because you haven't eaten cake (or anything at all) before the beer (as it has a lot of sugar and fat, it makes the alcohol get into your blood slower), OR you're not an often drinker.

jjbennett
17-03-09, 13:06
Maybe it's just a reaction to the yeast.
My thoughts as well.

Lavinder
17-03-09, 13:17
A yeast food allergy can develop, especially if you suffer from an overgrowth or candida, with symptoms such as digestive problems, bloating, sugar cravings, alcohol cravings, fatigue, depression, moodiness and obvious symptoms such as cystitis and thrush.I do get bloating, sugar cravings, fatigue and moodiness - but I think that might just be to do with my caffeine addiction in Coke.

Trigger_happy
17-03-09, 17:24
What beer is it? If its something like IPA, the brewing method may have something to do with it. It can't be the bubbles, as Cider doesn't seem to have the same effect.

Lavinder
17-03-09, 17:31
What beer is it? If its something like IPA, the brewing method may have something to do with it. It can't be the bubbles, as Cider doesn't seem to have the same effect.

I know the brand - Stella Artois.

jjbennett
17-03-09, 17:35
Thats a lager! Not a real beer!

Lavinder
17-03-09, 17:42
Shows how much I know :p.

Angelus
17-03-09, 17:43
thats a lager! Not a real beer!

Qft.