PDA

View Full Version : Interesting discovery! Playing LS WITHOUT the update

Slate McLeod
17-03-09, 12:43
Well I removed the update from my 360 and attempted to play LS to see if it would let me. First thing I noticed was a different loading screen of the Manor then I was given the full costume selection menu!
I chose a bikini and continued. At this just as Lara appeared in world a message came on screen saying it was halting the game as the update was required. On attempting then to load a savegame of LS I noticed all of the save game files names had changed to "Doppleganger". Must have been the original game name at some point (?) maybe in testing?
I had to update the game twice more before it would allow me to play LS again. Such a shame this didn't work!

aussie500
17-03-09, 12:46
Thanks for letting us know Slate McLeod. l had wondered if it would have been playable without the update, l would have liked the chance to wander off and explore where we were not meant to go. :(

Slate McLeod
17-03-09, 13:32
Thanks for letting us know Slate McLeod. l had wondered if it would have been playable without the update, l would have liked the chance to wander off and explore where we were not meant to go. :(

Yes me too Aussie. That's why I tried it to try and enable the old Legend cheats (!) but CD have been too crafty :)

A couple of screen shots showing what it looks like anyway...sorry they are poor quality taken on my mobile phone of the TV screen.

Loading screen showing Manor

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t231/Bazza_027/LSLoadingScreen.jpg

Costume Selection

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t231/Bazza_027/LScostumes.jpg

and error message :(

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t231/Bazza_027/LSUpdate.jpg

Smegzilla
17-03-09, 13:52
Interesting!

Crafty CD making the update a requirement to play the level.

Slate McLeod
17-03-09, 15:35
Interesting!

Crafty CD making the update a requirement to play the level.

Also means they removed the costume choices on purpose as they were originally there. Maybe they played hell with the Doppleganger figure when using the Shadow moves.

Catracoth
17-03-09, 18:43
Nice find!

Tear
17-03-09, 18:55
Damn, nice find! I thought you were going to say we could choose costumes in LS!:jmp:

Too bad.:p

Tombraiderx08
17-03-09, 19:26
too bad it wouldnt let ya, thats pretty cool though :)

Slate McLeod
17-03-09, 23:36
Damn, nice find! I thought you were going to say we could choose costumes in LS!:jmp:

Too bad.:p

too bad it wouldnt let ya, thats pretty cool though :)

For a few seconds I really thought it was going too :( The level loaded up and Dopple was in the costume selected but then that damn message comes up and halts the game and kicks you back to the main menu after a ten second wait forcing you to install the patches (requires 2) again.

Tear
18-03-09, 02:27
For a few seconds I really thought it was going too :( The level loaded up and Dopple was in the costume selected but then that damn message comes up and halts the game and kicks you back to the main menu after a ten second wait forcing you to install the patches (requires 2) again.

Well, nice try anyway Slate. :tmb: