PDA

View Full Version : Natasha Richardson's Accident

tranniversary119
17-03-09, 19:46
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll145/Gracielaguffanti/1927b.jpg
Actress Natasha Richardson, reportedly in serious condition with head trauma in a Montréal hospital after a ski accident Monday at Mont Tremblant, was walking around and feeling fine for an hour after her accident, a spokesperson from the ski resort says. "She was laughing and joking and she walked to her room on her own," Mont Tremblant spokesperson Catherine Lacasse says. The British-born Richardson, 45, was not wearing a ski helmet when she was taking a private ski lesson on the Nansen, a beginners' run at Mont Tremblant. When she was near the bottom of the run in a section know as the flats, she fell down. According to the spokeswoman, Richardson did not hit anyone or anything before coming to a stop.

"She was accompanied by an experienced ski instructor who immediately called the ski patrol," according to a statement from the resort.Lacasse tells People that there were no cuts, bleeding or other external signs of injury. Ski patrollers assisted Richardson and helped her to her room. She was not put on a stretcher.

About an hour after the fall, Richardson started complaining of headaches. She went to a nearby hospital and was later transferred to the Intensive Care Unit of Sacré Coeur Hospital. (A spokesperson for the hospital would not confirm or deny that Richardson was a patient there.)

According to AccessHollywoood.com, her husband, actor Liam Neeson, 56, was filming the movie Chloe in Toronto when he got the news and rushed to be by Richardson's side.

Richardson, who appeared in The Parent Trap, Maid in Manhattan and Nell has been married to Neeson since 1994. They have two sons, Micheal Richard Antonio, 13, and Daniel Jack, 12.http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0712379/
Her IMDB profile- http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001670/
I hope she makes it, :(

Phys
17-03-09, 19:53
Aww that's sad to hear :(

You can read more at BBC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7947826.stm

william croft
17-03-09, 19:53
Ahh, I hope shes okay :(.

violentblossom
17-03-09, 20:14
she also has a famous sister.

God, hope she's okay.

Neteru
17-03-09, 20:18

God, hope she's okay.She's part of the famous Redgrave family.

rickybazire
17-03-09, 20:47
That's really sad. So easy to have an accident, difficult to avoid.

Hope she gets better.

Aphrodite22
17-03-09, 21:01
shes Liam Neeson's wife? hope shes good

violentblossom
17-03-09, 21:25
She's part of the famous Redgrave family.

that's right! i'd forgotten that, how silly.. jsut remembered her sister is Joely Richardson.

Rai
17-03-09, 21:34
:( That sounds nasty, I hope she's okay and gets better soon.

Kittypower
17-03-09, 22:10
Le mardi 17 mars 2009
Natasha Richardson en état de mort cérébrale

L'actrice Natasha Richardson, qui a été soignée à Montréal à la suite d'un accident de ski survenu à Tremblant hier, est en état de mort cérébrale, rapportent Time Out New York et le New York Post, qui ont parlé à des proches de l'épouse de Liam Neeson.

«Natasha Richardson est transportée à New York afin que sa mère, Vanessa Redgrave, ses deux enfants et ses proches puissent lui faire leurs adieux avant d'être débranchée», écrit le New York Post.

À l'hôpital du Sacré-Coeur, où la femme de 45 ans avait été transportée hier soir, on a aussi confirmé que Natasha Richardson était dans un profond et irréversible coma au moment de son départ de l'hôpital en début d'après-midi.

L'actrice aurait quitté Montréal en avion, probablement vers New York, en début d'après-midi. «Elle n'est plus au Canada», a déclaré Josée-Michelle Simard, porte-parole de l'hôpital du Sacré-Coeur, citée par le site Radar.com.

C'est le Centre hospitalier laurentien, à Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts, qui a d'abord accueilli Mme Richardson, la femme de l'acteur Liam Neeson. «Elle a été admise hier en fin de journée», a indiqué à La Presse Line Meilleur, responsable des communications de l'hôpital. Mais l'actrice a ensuite été transférée à Sacré-Coeur.

La directrice des communications de cet établissement, Josée-Michelle Simard, a discuté avec l'agent de la famille. «Ils vont donner des nouvelles demain», s'est-elle alors contentée de dire.

L'actrice Kika Markham, tante de Mme Richardson, a confirmé l'accident à des médias britanniques.

«Nous savons qu'elle a eu un accident, mais nous n'avons pas d'autres détails. Nous sommes très inquiets», a-t-elle déclaré, ajoutant que la famille ne voulait pas être dérangée.

Selon Lyne Lortie, directrice des relations publiques à la Station Mont-Tremblant, l'actrice suivait une leçon de ski au moment de la chute.

Après l'incident, Mme Lortie assure que Mme Richardson se portait bien, était sans blessure apparente à la tête, parlait et ne montrait aucune confusion. L'actrice est tout de même redescendue en civière, par mesure de précaution.

Les patrouilleurs lui ont ensuite recommandé de voir un médecin. La monitrice de ski, qui est restée à ses côtés, a ensuite constaté qu'elle ne se sentait pas bien et a appelé les ambulanciers.

Le mari de Richardson, l'acteur Liam Neeson, tourne actuellement à Toronto le drame Chloe, sous la direction du réalisateur canadien Atom Egoyan. Une attachée de presse du film a affirmé au réseau CTV qu'il a quitté le plateau pour accourir au chevet de sa femme.

Le couple a deux garçons. Natasha Richardson est la fille de l'actrice Vanessa Redgrave et du défunt cinéaste Tony Richardson.

Mme Richardson a été lauréate d'un Tony Award, une récompense annuelle dans le domaine du théâtre, en 1998 pour sa performance dans Cabaret.

Filmographie

Wild Child (2008)
Evening (2007)
The White Countess (2005)
Asylum (2005)
Maid in Manhattan (2002)
Waking Up in Reno (2002)
Chelsea Walls (2001)
Blow Dry (2001)
The Parent Trap (1998)
Nell (1994)
Widows' Peak (1994)
Past Midnight (1991)
The Favour, the Watch and the Very Big Fish (1991)
The Comfort of Strangers (1990)
The Handmaid's Tale (1990)
Fat Man and Little Boy (1989)
Patty Hearst (1988)
A Month in the Country (1987)
Gothic (1986)
Every Picture Tells a Story (1983)

She died cerebrally in Montreal Hospital. At first she appeared to be okey, but she went to see a doctor in a Montreal hospital. It seems she has collapsed from internal injury there. This morning she was in intensive care from which she has entered an irreversible coma. She has been declared to have died cerebrally this afternoon.

Thats the jist of it. I hope i can still speak french correctly.

EmeraldFields
17-03-09, 22:13
She died cerebrally in Montreal Hospital.

That's soo sad.:(

I loved her in the Parent Trap.

Lenochka
17-03-09, 22:18
Omg, thats so terrible :(
It's really strange how she felt fine and then it all just started progressively getting worse.

xMiSsCrOfTx
17-03-09, 22:24

Yeah, Julia (Joely Richardson) from Nip/Tuck! They come from a long line of actors.

Thankfully Natasha's okay! That's scary.

Kittypower
17-03-09, 22:26
Yeah, Julia (Joely Richardson) from Nip/Tuck! They come from a long line of actors.

Thankfully Natasha's okay! That's scary.

No shes not, shesh.
(Jk. well, shes not fine but my reaction was a joke)

Legends
17-03-09, 22:42
OMG, this is so awful. I love her, this can't be true. How is her condition now?

Kittypower
17-03-09, 22:44
OMG, this is so awful. I love her, this can't be true. How is her condition now?

Brain Dead.

Legends
17-03-09, 22:46
Brain Dead.

Yeah, so I just read. I think that's even worse than death itself. At least if it's permanent. So so sad!

xMiSsCrOfTx
17-03-09, 22:47
Yikesss, I meant to say I HOPE she'll be okay. :yik: -Feels like a moron-

jjbennett
17-03-09, 22:48
^ She isn't dead...

Neteru
17-03-09, 22:49
Brain Dead.No she's not. I thought what you were saying was suspect.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ns0000002/#ni0712527

Angelus
17-03-09, 22:51
Yikesss, I meant to say I HOPE she'll be okay. :yik: -Feels like a moron-

Don't feel like a moron; it was an honest mistake.

Legends
17-03-09, 22:51
No she's not. I thought what you were saying was suspect.

Oh, this is good news. I am glad to be reading this!

EmeraldFields
17-03-09, 22:52

Clinic sources tell TMZ.com that Richardson has brain swelling, but is not brain dead.

Thank goodness! Her condition still isn't good, but we have hope!:hug:

rowanlim
17-03-09, 22:54
^ She isn't dead...

*slaps self*

Yeah I just checked :o I hope she gets well soon :)

Lew
17-03-09, 23:39
Why would someone post rumors that she had died on the internet..... someone people really are cold. This is really sad to hear though :( Hope she gets better soon.

AmericanAssassin
18-03-09, 00:49
That's awful news. :( I hope she's okay...

Kittypower
18-03-09, 01:17

Curse you article, i trusted you. Anyway this is good news. I do apologize, i got the article from another online source.

Thorir
18-03-09, 02:42
I read that she was signed out of the hospital now. :)
"Reported dead - Out of the hospital".

So I guess she's fine. :D
They wouldn't sign out... Brain dead people, right? :P

Media do tend to overreact and create a buzz.
Skiing is lethal, though. I don't know why people would attempt such a thing!
Cross country skiing is the only safe skiing.

God Horus
18-03-09, 23:17
Oh my gosh no she died! :( http://www.canada.com/news/actress+Natasha+Richardson+dies/1402292/story.html

tranniversary119
18-03-09, 23:20
Oh my gosh no she died! :( http://www.canada.com/news/actress+Natasha+Richardson+dies/1402292/story.html

Just heard of it :( I feel so bad

Neteru
18-03-09, 23:20
Indeed she has.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7949195.stm

Joely-Moley
18-03-09, 23:21

So it's confirmed now? How tragic.

I find it terrifying how she got up after she fell and thought she was fine, and only hours later to go to the hospital with a headache. :(

tranniversary119
18-03-09, 23:25
So it's confirmed now? How tragic.

I find it terrifying how she got up after she fell and thought she was fine, and only hours later to go to the hospital with a headache. :(

Scares me as well, I hit my head extremely hard after falling off a bike and managed to escape with no head injuries..I feel so bad. It's so unexpected.

ECB
18-03-09, 23:28
That's horrible. :(

I just saw it on Yahoo.

violentblossom
18-03-09, 23:31
Oh God. I had a feeling she would. Oh no.

:(

this is horredous. i just got chills.. what a bad thing to add to my already horrible mood.

Kittypower
18-03-09, 23:32
Indeed she has.

:mad:(jk)

Indeed, it is awful. I would of hated to be in her husbands place.

Nicky
18-03-09, 23:32
How sad :( I hoped she would recover.

RIP. :(

TRhalloween
18-03-09, 23:34
I feel so sorry for her family and friends. Also, she has al lot of fans out there who must be feeling horrible at the moment.

Raider1969
18-03-09, 23:47
RIP Natasha. Sad News for her Family and Friends. When ever some has a Head Injury they need to get to hospital ASAP.

Shark_Blade
18-03-09, 23:57
RIP Natasha. Sad News for her Family and Friends. When ever some has a Head Injury they need to get to hospital ASAP.She's dead? :eek:

violentblossom
18-03-09, 23:58
She's dead? :eek:

yeah. :(

Shark_Blade
19-03-09, 00:04
RIP Natasha Richardson. :( Humans are so fragile.

xMiSsCrOfTx
19-03-09, 00:23
This is really really sad. RIP Natasha. :(

AmericanAssassin
19-03-09, 00:38
That is so depressing. I sincerely hope that her friends and family are able to get through this hard time. :(

IceColdLaraCroft
19-03-09, 00:43

God, hope she's okay.

her sister is Jole (sp?) richardson from Nip/Tuck the one that was married to Sean.

EmeraldFields
19-03-09, 00:46
Aww, this is soo sad. Life can be taken away too quickly.:(

RIP Natasha.

Tomb Raider 5194
19-03-09, 01:30
So sudden, I kept hoping she would be okay.

takamotosan
19-03-09, 02:32
R.i.p.

Johnnay
19-03-09, 03:19
So sudden, I kept hoping she would be okay.

she was brain dead you know "talk and die syndrome"

anyone who is brain dead is automatically DEAD

poor Natasha Richardson.
This all happened so soon

condolences to her family an hour after she fell she received the syndrome. how scary was that

voltz
19-03-09, 04:07
tragic indeed.

This is kinda ironic in some way to me because I was just watching something on yahoo about concussions and sustained brain injury a few hours ago.

rowanlim
19-03-09, 04:13
Indeed she has.

:( That's so tragic. I was really hoping she'd make it. So young, too :(

RIP.

Spong
19-03-09, 05:35
I gotta say that I'd not heard of the woman before her accident, I've certainly never seen any of her movies. But that doesn't make the accident any less tragic. Just goes to show how easy a life can be lost :(

william croft
19-03-09, 10:22
I've just heard the news :( So tragic. I hope her family can recover in this hard time. :( :( :(

randomrhys
19-03-09, 10:49
so sad. i'm so shocked about it. RIP Natasha.

Nannonxyay
19-03-09, 11:26
That's so tragic. May she rest in peace. :(

mizuno_suisei
19-03-09, 12:08
The other day, I heard on the news that a British actress had a Skiing accident (I didnt know who it was) , then that night, I watched the Parent Trap (again :P ) And then today, I heard she died. The Parent Trap was the only film I saw her in I believe and I just feel terrible :( R.I.P Natasha :( She did such a wonderful job!

TR93
19-03-09, 14:20
I only just found out...
^^ I only saw her in the Parent Trap...and she was amazing ...

Only heard about 10 mins ago... so sad:(

R.I.P Natasha...
You were amazing

Nemo_91
19-03-09, 14:34
I can't believe it...she was such a great actress. :(

RIP.

violentblossom
19-03-09, 14:37
she really seemed like a very geniune and sweet lady, too.

every picture you find of her has her laughing or smiling.

this really is very sad... its hard to get upset about someone you didn't know, but this doesn't seem fair.

Crisl
19-03-09, 15:18
Oh god, this is so sad :(
And the worst thing is that maybe she could have been still alive if she was wearing a hlemet... :( (I know there's no way to change it now, but I think that every death is extremely sad if you know you could have prevented it so easily)
Poor Natasha, poor family of hers :(

tlr online
19-03-09, 15:20
Very sad. R.I.P.

IceColdLaraCroft
19-03-09, 16:16
RIP Natasha :(

Lavinder
19-03-09, 16:48
Paramedics Turned Away After Richardson's Fall, According To Ambulance Company (http://perezhilton.com/2009-03-19-paramedics-turned-away-after-natasha-richardsons-fall)
http://img.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/wenn2128436__opt1.jpg

Reports have revealed that an ambulance was immediately called to the scene of Natasha Richardson's fatal fall in Canada on Monday, but EMT workers were turned away (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090318.wrichardsontremblant0318/BNStory/Front) before they ever reached Richardson.
Assuming the actress was unharmed after her tumble, paramedics were told their services were no longer needed.
Even though Natasha was "laughing and joking (http://perezhilton.com/2009-03-17-new-details-natasha-richardsons-skiing-accident)" after the accident, head trauma can take a turn for the worse hours or even days after the impact.
"When you have a head trauma you can bleed," said Yves Coderre, director of the ambulance company that services Mont Tremblant. "People don't realize it can be very serious. We warn them they can die and sometimes they start to laugh. The don't take it seriously."
As for Richardson, he says his ambulance crew "never saw the patient,” said Mr. Coderre, whose company, Ambulances Radisson, serves Mont Tremblant. “So they turned around.”
In light of the tragedy at hand, there is a lesson to be learned from the accident - head trauma should always be checked out by a professional, no matter how serious you think the injury may be.

Camera Obscura
19-03-09, 16:50
It's a real tragedy at what happened to her, but honestly I had no idea who she was until a few days ago.

I guess that makes it more depressing, learning of an actress/actor through their death. My condolences to her family. :(

sheepydee
19-03-09, 17:10
I saw it on the news this morning , such a shame

R.I.P Natasha

Rai
19-03-09, 17:33
I was hoping she'd pull through. Goes to show how important it is to have a head trauma checked by a paramedic every time, no exceptions.

R.I.P Natasha. My thoughts are with her family. :(

Love2Raid
19-03-09, 18:09
How sad. Probably an epidural hematoma or something. Those are silent killers. After you hurt your head real bad you can walk around like nothing happened and a few minutes later........:eek:

R.I.P :(

Lee croft
19-03-09, 18:15
R.I.P Natasha Richardson .... i remember watching her in the film the parent trap such a great actress

Larapink
19-03-09, 21:01
It's quite shocking that she died. :(

Quite sad. :(

Aphrodite22
19-03-09, 21:46
i saw it on the news... i feel terribly sorry for liam neeson and his family

R.I.P :(

Legends
19-03-09, 23:34
How sad :( I hoped she would recover.

Yeah, me too. :(

This is so sad. My thoughts go out to her friends and family.

peeves
23-03-09, 13:43
OMG Natahsa Richardson is dead anyway RIP that's sad now her children are crying

Anne Boleyn
23-03-09, 21:21
I just wanted to offer my respects to a wonderful, talented actress. My sympathies go out to Liam Neeson, her children, and her immensely talented family.

DaNoNeMoKiId
24-03-09, 02:15
RIP Natasha :( I loved your character in The Parent Trap, and you will be missed.