PDA

View Full Version : Just Wondering...:)

t-raider26
22-03-09, 04:51
Well over the past few days Ive noticed that quite a few of us "tomb raiders" are.....well....gay. And I was just curious as to how many of us are. I dont want to come off as offensive (I mean im gay myself), im just simply curious :). If someone would make a poll, that would be great. So if your gay or straight just state it.

Timbit
22-03-09, 05:38
There are a lot of gay and straight people in everything in life, not just tomb raider.

At least we know there are some of us who like Tomb Raider for the tomb visuals, not the Lara visuals :)

Spong
22-03-09, 07:45
^^I'm not gay but I've never found Lara attractive, she's certainly not the reason I play the game. In fact, no version of her CGI self has been attractive to me and only a couple of the real life models down the years have raised an eyebrow.

Tear
22-03-09, 08:06
Ha, interesting t-taider. Well, if it helps, I'm bi.:)
I do believe this belongs in the General Chat, however.;)

ShadyCroft
22-03-09, 08:18
No need for a poll in my opinion, for many reasons.

We had a topic like that many times and I believe someone's sexual orientation shouldn't matter, but if you're really that interested to know, you might want to check out the Gay community social groups. :)

This is a touchy topic, and simple threads maybe heat up a bit.

Ikas90
22-03-09, 08:39
I don't necessarily play for the Lara visuals either. I play Tomb Raider as a whole game, taking everything into account. Lara herself as a person, and the adventure within.

But yeah, sexual orientation isn't what justifies people's views. Everyone is different. People do make generalisations like "you're gay if you play Tomb Raider", which is ridiculous. I love Tomb Raider; it's one of my favourite games of all time. That doesn't make me gay. The way I see it, is that everyone is different no matter what game it is. You'll get gay people who play Halo, you'll get gay people who don't even like Tomb Raider. Personally, I'm glad to have made some gay friends while on this forum. That's the way I see it.

It's all about interacting with different people around you. Wouldn't it be a boring world if everyone was the same?

rickybazire
22-03-09, 08:47
I'm straight but I love Tomb Raider. I suppose it could just be you only know gay Tomb Raider players...:D

ShadyCroft
22-03-09, 08:49
I don't necessarily play for the Lara visuals either. I play Tomb Raider as a whole game, taking everything into account. Lara herself as a person, and the adventure within.

But yeah, sexual orientation isn't what justifies people's views. Everyone is different. People do make generalisations like "you're gay if you play Tomb Raider", which is ridiculous. I love Tomb Raider; it's one of my favourite games of all time. That doesn't make me gay. The way I see it, is that everyone is different no matter what game it is. You'll get gay people who play Halo, you'll get gay people who don't even like Tomb Raider. Personally, I'm glad to have made some gay friends while on this forum. That's the way I see it.

It's all about interacting with different people around you. Wouldn't it be a boring world if everyone was the same?

Won't find a better post...:tmb:

sandygrimm
22-03-09, 08:51
I'm wondering... what makes people gay ? Is it genes?

ShadyCroft
22-03-09, 09:22

Alas, your question doesn't have an answer, many theories, yes, but not a definite, crystal clear, hardcore, cutting-edge and convincing answer.

Spong
22-03-09, 09:37

Alas, your question doesn't have an answer, many theories, yes, but not a definite, crystal clear, hardcore, cutting-edge and convincing answer.

Why does it even need an answer?

ShadyCroft
22-03-09, 09:44
It not necessarily needs an answer, but because we're human its our nature to want to know some things to believe, to approve or disapprove, and with a controversial topic such as this where there are many sides, there is a need for an answer, even if its not clear when will it be found or where or what it is.

I personally don't care about an answer, its how I feel. But the answer "How I feel" just won't cut it for those who can't feel it and believe in something else.

As I said, many sides will raise a need for an answer (a settlement).

TR love
22-03-09, 09:50
I think Lara WAS pretty.

But im straight. Im totally not against gay people and pretty much think they are awesome :D

patriots88888
22-03-09, 09:52
I'm wondering how much longer this thread will stay unlocked! :p

Spong
22-03-09, 09:54
It not necessarily needs an answer, but because we're human its our nature to want to know some things to believe, to approve or disapprove, and with a controversial topic such as this where there are many sides, there is a need for an answer, even if its not clear when will it be found or where or what it is.

As I said, many sides will raise a need for an answer (a settlement).

Very true I guess, it all boils down to the individual and their desire to pigeon-hole everything logically. I'm too laid back for that. What is just is as for as I'm concerned, I don't question it.

ShadyCroft
22-03-09, 09:55
I'm wondering how much longer this thread will stay unlocked!

lol! I know ! 2 pages and we're already off topic.

LaraCroftRox
22-03-09, 11:45
I think Lara WAS pretty.

But im straight. Im totally not against gay people and pretty much think they are awesome :D

Agreed. :cool:

TRhalloween
22-03-09, 11:48
That'll show people that we don't play just for her boobs :p

Punaxe
22-03-09, 13:02
It may also be that on TRF there is no prejudice against GLBT people, which make them come out easier than in real life. Chances are there are as much GLBT people in real life, but you just don't know about it.

mizuno_suisei
22-03-09, 13:45
^ LOL that reminds me of a specific TR forum which is known for its homophobia.

I am gay, but I am just the one of many fans. I dont think its possible to estimate how many Gay and Straight TR fans there are out there, also counting all the people who arent on this forum and who don't use internet forums etc..

Draco
22-03-09, 13:56
Why does it even need an answer?

Because giving rights to mere lifestyle choices doesn't sit well with the general public.

Larson_1988
22-03-09, 13:59
I'm gay, and i think it's just coincidental that many of the TR fans are either gay/lesbian/bisexual.

With that being said, i do know about many fans who are completely straight. :)

]{eith
22-03-09, 14:03
I'm bi. Has nothing to do with Tomb Raider but yeah...:p

trtrailerman
22-03-09, 14:06
im gay and have a theory.... :p lots of straight fans like nathan drake no? the old saying "women wanna be with him men wanna be him" maybe lara gains more of a gay fanbase because secretly we wanna be like her? its not entirely crazy :p

TRhalloween
22-03-09, 14:33
^ LOL that reminds me of a specific TR forum which is known for its homophobia.

What forum is that?

Neteru
22-03-09, 14:39
Another 'who's gay' topic. It's so old hat. You can find all the gay people you want here:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/group.php?groupid=19 and 100 to choose from. We cater for all shapes and sizes, every shade and colour. And only 5000 each. Go on, knock yourself out.