PDA

View Full Version : Jade Goody dies...

Spong
22-03-09, 07:07
Jade Goody died at 3:14am this morning, finally losing her battle against cancer.

BBC News (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7925719.stm)

Goose
22-03-09, 07:09
Hope she rests in peace and the media leave her family alone now.

ShadyCroft
22-03-09, 07:12
^^Seconded.

Rest in peace, Jade.

Feather Duster
22-03-09, 07:13
R.i.p

:(

Dazzy
22-03-09, 07:15
Man, I was hoping she didn't die, at so young too. Rest in peace Jade, you are very brave.

Spong
22-03-09, 07:21

To be fair, the media had left her alone in the last two weeks. And their presence in the first place was Jade's choice, in order for her to procure as much money for her children as possible before she died.

Goose
22-03-09, 07:22
To be honest, the media had left her alone in the last two weeks. And their presence in the first place was Jade's choice, in order for her to procure as much money for her children as possible before she died.

The large amount of media during her last few weeks will generate a large interest now she has died, it always does.

Spong
22-03-09, 07:24
^^And, in terms of generating awareness of cancer, that's a good thing.

Phlip
22-03-09, 07:27
And on Mother's day, too? OMG that is the saddest thing. :(

My condolences to her children.

touchthesky
22-03-09, 07:38
It was always best for her to go as soon as possible (pain would have been such a huge factor) but Mothers Day? Thats so ****ing ****ty.

My heart really does go out to her children.

sheepydee
22-03-09, 07:38
R.I.P :(

and on mothers day i cant believe that :(

dox online
22-03-09, 07:58
http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/97368348be9d7e1sleeping-beauty-3.jpg (http://www.tehupload.com/share/46941)
Rest In Peace Jade Goody.

Voni
22-03-09, 08:07
On Mother's Day? That's awful, her poor kids.

R.I.P Jade.

Ikas90
22-03-09, 08:12
I hate cancer with a passion.

My condolences and may she rest in peace. :( :hug:

tlr online
22-03-09, 08:24
R.I.P. :(

As her publicist said, "She died as she lived in the public eye." Some good will come from that as the government reviews its policy on screening. She's also taken care of her family too by allowing her death to be made so public. I hope she's at peace now.

Spong
22-03-09, 08:28
Maybe some good will come from that as the government reviews its policy on screening.

And it's that reason alone why Jade Goody went up so much in my esteem in her latter days. All credit to her. It's just a shame it took her very public death.

res27772
22-03-09, 08:44
As sad as this is, nobody would have cared much if she hadn't been a 'celebrity'.

rickybazire
22-03-09, 08:46
RIP Jade Goody.

And please, you media people, just leave her family for now.

kristi
22-03-09, 09:26
Rest in Peace Jade.
But a mother who dies in Mother's Day?!I can't believe that!

:(:(:(:(:(

Humanity will never forget you...

Angelx14
22-03-09, 09:35
So sad. Truly sad.

R.I.P

Dingaling
22-03-09, 09:44
R.I.P. Jade.

No matter what anyone thought of her, she has done so much for cancer awareness in these past few weeks that no cancer awareness programme could ever do. Also by making her battle public she gave her sons a life she could never dream of having.

tombraiderluka
22-03-09, 09:45
Rest in Peace :( :(

Reggie
22-03-09, 09:53
I ****ing hate cancer.

Rest in peace Jade.

corey01
22-03-09, 09:56
And on Mother's day, too? OMG that is the saddest thing. :(

My condolences to her children.

Ohh god this is terrible news :( coincidence on mothers day? R.I.P:o

scion05
22-03-09, 10:00
Terrible news, but in a way good, atleast she's out of pain :hug:

It's sad to think that she wanted to see her boys today for the last time.
Ah well, RIP Jade :hug:

Jake Croft
22-03-09, 10:08
Ahh this is terrible, RIP Jade
My sisters fiances grandma has currently begun dying on this day :(
Jades poor children and husband... as said previously, despite what people have said about Jade my wishes to the family.

SoulReaver74
22-03-09, 10:14
Rest in Peace Jade, my thoughts are with your children & family.

Priscilla
22-03-09, 10:33
R.I.P Jade Goody

Jo269976
22-03-09, 10:37

Exactly, it's a shame on the poor girl, but I was sick to death hearing about her every move by the media, you can't go from hounding her down to obsessing over her like every media outlet has done.

Atleast a good outcome is that she has raised cancer awareness and her sons, despite losing a mother she has atleast provided them with a life they couldn't have before.

Larson_1988
22-03-09, 10:38
This is so sad. :( May she rest in peace. :(

Angelus
22-03-09, 10:42
Exactly, it's a shame on the poor girl, but I was sick to death hearing about her every move by the media, you can't go from hounding her down to obsessing over her like every media outlet has done.

Atleast a good outcome is that she has raised cancer awareness and her sons, despite losing a mother she has atleast provided them with a life they couldn't have before.

^ :tmb:

dox online
22-03-09, 10:49
Well most mothers want some rest on mother's day, consider her lucky.

Chocola teapot
22-03-09, 10:55
On mothers day? Fate is a cruel mistress. :(
Rest in peace jade.

Smog
22-03-09, 11:02
I remember a few years ago everyone hated her. Now she's dead everyone loves her. Go figure. :pi:

Angelus
22-03-09, 11:04

I'd rather consider her now Motherless children lucky.

Dip****.

EDIT: I didn't even like Jade, but no-one deserves to die of cancer, at such a young age as well. She's left behind two children who may not even remember their Mother when they grow up.

Lew
22-03-09, 11:07
R.I.P Jade :( This is so sad :(

Orionvalentine
22-03-09, 11:08
Rest in peace Jade

Changeling
22-03-09, 11:34
I remember a few years ago everyone hated her. Now she's dead everyone loves her. Go figure. :pi:

I've never hated Jade. I've always liked her, and she made me laugh and made me happy so many times over the years that I had seen her on the TV. Even when she was accused of racism, I didn't turn my back on her, personally I thought it was blown way out of proportion. Why do you think everyone loves her now? It's not because she's dead, it's because she went through so much to raise awareness for cancer, and even though people may dislike her, no one should have to go through what she went through. No one. It's not a case of fame. People may still dislike her, but at least they have the heart to wish her family the best because of what she went through.

RIP Jade :(

Spong
22-03-09, 11:37

Bring up her actions during her infamous Celebrity Big Brother appearance and I think you'll find people still do harbour those opinions (myself included). But there's a time and a place, and this is neither.

larson n natla
22-03-09, 11:39
I actually liked her, she was one of the most entertaining people of reality television. It doesn't matter what she did in the past we all make mistakes and the fact that her two young children have been left without out a mother on the day when they should be celebrating with her is heartbreaking. :(

TR93
22-03-09, 11:42
She was in so much pain bless her, now she is in a better place and is no longer in that awful pain,
Even if she did things that were wrong...everyone does wrong things in their life...she didn't derserve to be in so much pain,
And she died on mothers day as well , it's just really sad that she should have been with her 2 sons...

R.I.P Jade:(

scion05
22-03-09, 11:50
I still think Jade's a winner. She's done what many professionals have
failed to do, highlight the importance of cervical cancer screenings :tmb:

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/7230/article115415903bae1ca0.jpg

demonslayer
22-03-09, 12:00
RIP Jade xx

MrCroftAndre
22-03-09, 12:08
Rest in Peace Jade Goody. :(

Pabz1989
22-03-09, 12:10
Rest in Peace Jade. :(

TRhalloween
22-03-09, 12:23
I can't believe this :(
Rest in Peace, Jade.

MattTR
22-03-09, 12:23
God bless her and her husband, I hope she's put out of her suffering and in a better place. :(

Blockoland
22-03-09, 12:38
Rest in peace Jade. She faced her illness with such incredible fortitude. She was a very gutsy young woman.

-DaNnEe..
22-03-09, 12:42
Such a shame. R.I.P.

trtrailerman
22-03-09, 12:47
such a shame, and on mothers day. Her poor children.

SummerBreeze
22-03-09, 12:56
R.I.P Jade. And good luck to her husband and kids in the future.

*laralover*
22-03-09, 13:30
This is sad...R.I.P Jade and good luck to her kids...:(

Biddy
22-03-09, 14:24
And on Mother's Day too? That is just a cruel coincidence. May she rest in peace...

Neteru
22-03-09, 14:52
Bless her.

Nannonxyay
22-03-09, 15:03

Oh yeah, because she's lucky that her children now don't have a mother.

God.

I hope she rests in peace. I have a lot of respect for her, and always have. Despite the whole Big Brother thing, which she apologized for and tried to make up for. I hope her children have a fulfilling life and her husband and family are in my thoughts. :(

jackles
22-03-09, 15:23
Poor Jade, she had a hard childhood and a topsy turvy life. I hope she gets the peace she deserves now.

Draco
22-03-09, 15:46
My grandfather just died of cancer the other day.

RAID
22-03-09, 16:10
My grandfather just died of cancer the other day.
Sorry about that.

This is awful news...I can't believe it.

RIP to both.

Assassino
22-03-09, 16:24
The worst thing is she WANTED to live through today...she tried but it didn't happen :(
So young too.

Larapink
22-03-09, 16:32
I am truely saded by this she died so young she was only 27! :eek: I'm like 21, just it goes to show you life can be cut short. :(

She has helped so many Women to be more aware for Female cancers.

My thoughts go to her husband, mother, her sons and her rest of her family and friends.

RIP Jade.

Cancer is a horrible disease it has taken a few of my family members. :(

Rai
22-03-09, 16:46
R.I.P Jade. I feel so sad for her boys.

amiro1989
22-03-09, 16:54
R.I.P.

I really felt for her all this time... I hope she's happy now. I can't believe it. :(

Atlantisfreak666
22-03-09, 18:01
R.I.P
I feel so sad for her kids, mother and husband.

Another Lara
23-03-09, 13:19
It is a sad thing, especially that she wasn't able to see her kids on Mother's Day before she passed away!:(

Never really was a fan of Jade, thought she made us Essex girls look so bad (not all of us fall into the typical stereotype!), but I respect her so much for the awareness she's raised for women to actually go to their doctors and have smear tests...

I'm just hoping the government listens to the outcry and lowers the age for when girls can have their smears...

Tonyrobinson
23-03-09, 15:19

I just imagined being so young and making my mum a handmade mothers day card and breakfast in bed only to come in and find everyone crying around her body. Must of been so sad

TRULuverzz
23-03-09, 16:18
Jade was too young to die, and at mothers day and she was only 27 :(
R.I.P Jade, i hope she enjoys herself in heaven.
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

digitizedboy
23-03-09, 17:10
I'd swap places with her. :(

RIP Jade. nobody deserves that pain, physically and mentally. :(

Titanium
23-03-09, 17:15
R.i.p :(

rowanlim
23-03-09, 18:28
I read this in the papers yesterday. RIP :(

touchthesky
25-03-09, 17:41
http://www.heatworld.com/Article/9789/Jade-Goody/Viewers-complain-about-BBC%E2%80%99s-Jade-coverage

Viewers are complaining about the amount of coverage its getting.

Also, apparently there is to be a statue erected (of jade) and her old estate is to be named after her.......Forgot to mention the movie, too.

Voni
25-03-09, 17:45
http://www.heatworld.com/Article/9789/Jade-Goody/Viewers-complain-about-BBC%E2%80%99s-Jade-coverage

Viewers are complaining about the amount of coverage its getting.

Also, apparently there is to be a statue erected (of jade) and her old estate is to be named after her.......

On a human level I feel awful that she died. She was far too young and left behind those two lads. It's sad beyond words.

But a statue? I don't know. At the end of the day, she was famous for appearing on the telly. She didn't do anything statue-worthy, although it's worth pointing out that she rasised awareness of cervical cancer. Hmm.

*waits for backlash*.

touchthesky
25-03-09, 17:48
On a human level I feel awful that she died. She was far too young and left behind those two lads. It's sad beyond words.

But a statue? I don't know. At the end of the day, she was famous for appearing on the telly. She didn't do anything statue-worthy, although it's worth pointing out that she rasised awareness of cervical cancer. Hmm.

*waits for backlash*.

No backlash from me. I think it's absolutely ridiculous. I am deeply saddened that a woman has died and left two children behind but people are taking it too far. Way too far. There are statues of historical people all around us being taken down/vandalized and this is what they replace it with?
I would maybe understand a wee bench or something, just to mark a favourite spot..but a statue. No thankyou.

Voni
25-03-09, 17:52
I would maybe understand a wee bench or something, just to mark a favourite spot..but a statue. No thankyou.

A bench would be lovely, just to remember her by. But I can't help feeling that some of the public are getting in on this Jade love in. I heard her described on the news as 'the essex princess'. Um, what? SHE WAS ON THE TELLY. That's it. She didn't change the world, she just made it a bit more entertaining for some of us. I have to admit, I couldn't stand her stuff, but I'm not saying this out of malice. It's about priorities. Where are the statues to the heroes of the 7/7 bombings, for example? Exactly.

Spong
25-03-09, 17:52
I wouldn't say I personally noticed an excessive amount of coverage on Sunday, but I agree with comments in that Heat article if the BBC did indeed reschedule for the purposes of covering Jade's death. While it was a sad turn of events, it was neither unexpected and wasn't something I'd consider so important that it warranted upsetting the normal running of things.

Jo269976
25-03-09, 19:21
Okay this has gone on way too long, there's talks of a movie being based off her life being made.

LaraCroftRox
25-03-09, 19:28
Okay this has gone on way too long, there's talks of a movie being based off her life being made.

*sigh* This may come across as heartless, but that's utterly ridiculous. What about the many other people suffering from cancer...? :(

It really is awful that she died however. :(

TRhalloween
25-03-09, 19:30
A statue is too far. She doesn't deserve it more than anyone who hasn't appeared on TV.

Rai
25-03-09, 19:31

You are kidding right? I know it is sad that her life was cut short so young and all and I feel sad for her family, and yes, she had a tough start in life, but really, a film? She's not the only person to have died of cancer who had tough lives and made something of themselves. She deserves credit for raising awareness to cervical cancer and screening, but not a film.

stranger1992
25-03-09, 19:33
meh...i've heard enough about her now. I feel for who she left behind but she was a pain in the backside in life as in death.

angelfaithrox
25-03-09, 20:45

Mad Tony
25-03-09, 20:57
What is the media's obsession with Jade Goody anyway? It's sad that she died. Nobody deserves to suffer like that and I feel for her children but what makes her so special? The media are acting as if somebody like Princess Diana has just died.

Quasimodo
25-03-09, 20:58
What is the media's obsession with Jade Goody anyway? It's sad that she died. Nobody deserves to suffer like that and I feel for her children but what makes her so special? The media are acting as if somebody like Princess Diana has just died.

Whatever pulls in ratings and sells papers, I guess.

Lemmie
25-03-09, 22:05
While I was always worried at the (high) statistics of young British girls who wanted to be like Jade Goody, I'm glad that at least in one respect they won't want to be like her and get tested for cervical cancer.

Never her biggest fan, but RIP Jade Goody.

Reggie
25-03-09, 23:04

The fact she had Max Clifford, one of the most powerful men in media behind her is undoubtedly part of the reason behind the extensive coverage.

Anne Boleyn
25-03-09, 23:18
A statue? Ye GODS, if this is true, I'm quitting Britain. The 26 pages (I counted) purely devoted to her in monday's The Sun (don't judge me) was bad enough, but a STATUE!?

She was a Big Brother contestant... what did she DO? :S

touchthesky
26-03-09, 09:10

People are already comparing her death to Dianas.

john_york
26-03-09, 09:25

It's astounding, isn't it? Whilst I've never understood this country's utter obsession with celebrity, I can at last understand it when the people in question enjoy fame for a reason. Jade was famous for no reason other than sharing her private life with the public - Big Brother etc. I don't think that really warrants the levels of fame she experienced. Certainly didn't warrant the furore aimed at her during the Shilpa Shetty row.

It's incredibly sad that someone so young should die from such a horrible disease and my heart goes out to her entire family - particularly her sons, but given the press's abhorent attitude towards her over the last 7 years, I think it's incredibly hypocritical and slimy to be praising her so much now she's died and it shows just how gutter-level a good deal of our media is nowadays.

Jo269976
26-03-09, 11:10
I think it's incredibly hypocritical and slimy to be praising her so much now she's died and it shows just how gutter-level a good deal of our media is nowadays.

THANK YOU!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks this, I saw a newspaper refer her to a modern day saint, whereas a year ago the same newspaper called her a racist pig.

Angelus
26-03-09, 11:23
It's astounding, isn't it? Whilst I've never understood this country's utter obsession with celebrity, I can at last understand it when the people in question enjoy fame for a reason. Jade was famous for no reason other than sharing her private life with the public - Big Brother etc. I don't think that really warrants the levels of fame she experienced. Certainly didn't warrant the furore aimed at her during the Shilpa Shetty row.

It's incredibly sad that someone so young should die from such a horrible disease and my heart goes out to her entire family - particularly her sons, but given the press's abhorent attitude towards her over the last 7 years, I think it's incredibly hypocritical and slimy to be praising her so much now she's died and it shows just how gutter-level a good deal of our media is nowadays.

:tmb:

Lee croft
26-03-09, 13:28
THANK YOU!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks this, I saw a newspaper refer her to a modern day saint, whereas a year ago the same newspaper called her a racist pig.

thats the news for you its a load of rubbish i only read it for star signs

Angelus
26-03-09, 13:31
So the news is rubbish but star signs aren't? :whi:

touchthesky
26-03-09, 13:39
THANK YOU!

The Sun, by any chance? ;)

john_york
26-03-09, 13:45
THANK YOU!

I gave up on newspapers a loooong time ago. I get all my news online now.

Dustie
26-03-09, 14:27
It's really upsetting, considering she was only diagnosed in August last year... Goes to show how easily your whole life can flip one-eighty.

As far as media attention - that's what sells, celebrities and their stories, that's what people apparently want to read about and once the machine starts it won't stop that easy.

People ask what did she do - she did do something. She became the reality TV star in Britain, with her death in the spotlight being like a final statement to that.

Anne Boleyn
26-03-09, 14:55
People ask what did she do - she did do something. She became the reality TV star in Britain, with her death in the spotlight being like a final statement to that.

This does not warrant a commemorative statue. In fact, I would say that it barely warrants more than a page worth of media coverage - certainly not the screeds that were devoted to her. What staggers me is that Jade herself and her family chose (and continue) to, basically, sell her death to every rag available. It's all rather crass and tasteless.

touchthesky
26-03-09, 14:57
The only magazine I understand making a big hoo har about it is New magazine. Purely and simply because she was a columnist..these guys would have at least known her.

Jordan is an idiot.

"Jade is a fool for speaking about her cancer so much."

"It's a tragedy she is gone, she was an amazing woman."

Wtf..trying to sell something, Katie?

john_york
26-03-09, 15:01
What staggers me is that Jade herself and her family chose (and continue) to, basically, sell her death to every rag available. It's all rather crass and tasteless.

Well, I can see that she did it to make as much money for her sons as possible before her death. Perfectly understandable, as tasteless as it is. The cynic in me wonders if her family are doing the same now, or clawing on to the last scraps of fame they can eke out of her before this fades away into obscurity.

I hope that the cynic in me is wrong, but I'm guessing on some level he's not :(

---

And as for Jordan, there's someone that I really cannot stand. Calling Jade a fool for talking about her cancer too much? After she sold her story about her disable son to how many papers/magazines? :rolleyes:

touchthesky
26-03-09, 15:04
It's really very silly.

Before;
http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/44597/jordan-slams-jade-goody-over-cancer-interviews

After;
http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/03/23/jordan-pays-tribute-to-jade-goody-as-mum-jackiey-thanks-mourners-115875-21222088/

Wtf woman.