PDA

View Full Version : Channel 4 and The Simpsons

TR FAN 18
23-03-09, 20:20
OK, this is going to be a rant on the UK TV channel known as Channel 4. Now, I am not going to be ranting about the programmes themselves since they are all good even though there are some that I really hate.

What I am talking about is the way that C4 are handling the Simpsons and the annoying habit they have of using those continuity announcers at the end which are the people that talk over the credits to tell us what is coming up on C4, E4, More4, etc.

There is one particular moment that I was so outraged at. It was during the end credits of a Simpsons episode which is the one where Marge was driving some big 4x4 and saving Homer. At the end of the episode, this is where we would normally hear Homer saying funny stuff about NBC. Here is the scene from that episode: LINK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryWDQFkad_8) - It's at about 0:41.

However, because Channel 4 like to keep telling us that Hollyoaks is next on C4 (like I haven't known that for the last 3 YEARS) and also tell us that some film that I couldn't care less about is starting on Film4, I DIDN'T HEAR anything Homer was saying. Also they squash up the credits with those annoying banners on the right.
Another thing I find annoying about this channel is that they have actually CUT OUT some scenes from some of the episodes they show. Sky 1 never does this.
Also, they keep repeating the same Seasons so often. Right now they are repeating Season 10 AGAIN. If I wanted to see that, I would just watch my S10 DVD box set that I have. This is why I hardly ever watch Simpsons on Channel 4. :mad:

TRhalloween
23-03-09, 20:22
Yeah, I noticed it today. It's such a pain in the arse.

(lol remember when Channel 2 had The Simpsons? :vlol: It came on like twice a month)

peeves
23-03-09, 20:24
where i live the simpsons are on channel 5 and used to be 12 when fox was 12.

TRhalloween
23-03-09, 20:25
where i live the simpsons are on channel 5 and used to be 12 when fox was 12.

The main channel they show The Simpsons on in the UK is Sky One.
They show it about 5 times in a row.

peeves
The main channel they show The Simpsons on in the UK is Sky One.
They show it about 5 times in a row.

Well in the US where i live it's FOX where the simpsons are on.

Neteru
*Couldn't care less.

This kind of stuff is annoying, of course. I also hate the DOGS that it seems most channels insist upon putting on the screen all the bloody time. :mad: Perhaps a complaint on the Channel 4 forum would be more useful though?

Nannonxyay
23-03-09, 20:30
They do this on Sky1 sometimes with the credit squashing. It can be rather annoying, like the episode where in the credits Simon Cowell was taking the mick out of the people and they squashed the screen and some presenter was talking about 24.

digitizedboy
23-03-09, 20:43
OK, this is going to be a rant on the UK TV channel known as Channel 4. Now, I am not going to be ranting about the programmes themselves since they are all good even though there are some that I really hate.

What I am talking about is the way that C4 are handling the Simpsons and the annoying habit they have of using those continuity announcers at the end which are the people that talk over the credits to tell us what is coming up on C4, E4, More4, etc.

There is one particular moment that I was so outraged at. It was during the end credits of a Simpsons episode which is the one where Marge was driving some big 4x4 and saving Homer. At the end of the episode, this is where we would normally hear Homer saying funny stuff about NBC. Here is the scene from that episode: LINK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryWDQFkad_8) - It's at about 0:41.

However, because Channel 4 like to keep telling us that Hollyoaks is next on C4 (like I haven't known that for the last 3 YEARS) and also tell us that some film that I could care less about is starting on Film4, I DIDN'T HEAR anything Homer was saying. Also they squash up the credits with those annoying banners on the right.
Another thing I find annoying about this channel is that they have actually CUT OUT some scenes from some of the episodes they show. Sky 1 never does this.
Also, they keep repeating the same Seasons so often. Right now they are repeating Season 10 AGAIN. If I wanted to see that, I would just watch my S10 DVD box set that I have. This is why I hardly ever watch Simpsons on Channel 4. :mad:

damn, what do you expect? British terrestrial TV has always been the same. And it's FREE too, unlike Sky.

rickybazire
23-03-09, 20:47
I really can't be bothered with The Simpsons anymore, it's getting too similar, the epidsodes.

It's just too...repetitive...:D

peeves
23-03-09, 20:48
I really can't be bothered with The Simpsons anymore, it's getting too similar, the epidsodes.

Well along time ago i used to watch the simpsons alot but then lost interest in it as it was gettin too repetitive so i agree wicha.

oocladableeblah
23-03-09, 20:53
I think all tv channels at least here they do. Have the banner with the credits. I don't mind the voice saying stuff, but when it is something like that where it is "part of" the episode or movie then I would like to hear it.

TRhalloween
23-03-09, 20:53

Agreed, but it's the only thing on C4 I can stand to watch.

Tonyrobinson
23-03-09, 21:13
I hate that not on C4 but on the sky movie channels there is nothing worse when you can't remember an actors name but you know thier face and the screen suddenly shrinks to tell you whats on for the next ****ing week and you can't see the credits! Or when credits are sped up!!!

Angelus
23-03-09, 22:09
I watched that episode on my break at work earlier and it was the first Simpsons episode I've enjoyed in a looooong time.

Lew
23-03-09, 22:52
Channel 4 are **** for listening to viewers anyway, they treat desperate housewives fans the ****test i've ever seen.....

God Horus
24-03-09, 00:37
I hate it when they do that! On GlobalTV, when the credits roll they squeeze the credits into half of the screen and show commercials for upcoming shows.

But that episode of Simpsons was so funny, I love how Marge saved him by flipping the car :p

The_Underworld
24-03-09, 01:38
I hate it when they do that! On GlobalTV, when the credits roll they squeeze the credits into half of the screen and show commercials for upcoming shows.

But that episode of Simpsons was so funny, I love how Marge saved him by flipping the car :p
At least on Global BC they do that to EVERY show they show. Why do they do that in the first place? In case you haven't noticed we saw the advertisement for that show during the commercial. Duh :rolleyes:

God Horus
24-03-09, 19:46
I know, it's so annoying! They were just showing a TV show called the Young and the Restless, and during the "on the next" part at the end when they show what is going to happened on the next episode, they squished the show into the corner and played a McDonalds commercial.

Spong
24-03-09, 22:03

SKY One cuts far more from The Simpsons than Channel 4 ever do.

Also they squash up the credits with those annoying banners on the right.

It's not like C4 is the only channel to do that.

Angelus
24-03-09, 22:42
Sky 1 cuts a ton of stuff from their shows. They cut out bits from The Simpsons, Cold Case, Bones, Buffy and Angel (when they aired them), and a lot more.