PDA

View Full Version : The End of Battlestar Galactica

Phys
25-03-09, 09:11
I just watched the ending two-parter of Battlestar Galactica last night on Sky One. I must say, what an great end to an excellent program. It will be a shame for it to never be on again. It's been my favourite Sci-Fi program ever since it first came on TV.

What where your favourite parts of the series? Did you think it came to a fitting end? :)

Mr.Burns
25-03-09, 10:00
I think my signature show's my opinion on the final episode. However, overall I enjoyed the series.

Favorite episodes: the Admiral Cain episodes.
Fvorite moment: The Adama Maneuver. :D

Legend Killer
25-03-09, 11:15
With the exceptions of the Baltar/Six Angels/guides? and RDM's cameo I thought it was a fitting ending. I would've liked to know where Kara disappeared to as well. All in all this was the best sci-fi series I've ever watched on television. :tmb:

I'll agree with Mr.Burns on the favorite moments. I loved Resurrection Ship episodes and The Adama Maneuver was far and away the coolest thing I've seen on the show. Pure awesomeness! :yah:

Phys
25-03-09, 15:38
I think my signature show's my opinion on the final episode. However, overall I enjoyed the series.

Favorite episodes: the Admiral Cain episodes.
Fvorite moment: The Adama Maneuver. :D

Haha, I noticed your signature the other day :p

With the exceptions of the Baltar/Six Angels/guides? and RDM's cameo I thought it was a fitting ending. I would've liked to know where Kara disappeared to as well. All in all this was the best sci-fi series I've ever watched on television. :tmb:

I'll agree with Mr.Burns on the favorite moments. I loved Resurrection Ship episodes and The Adama Maneuver was far and away the coolest thing I've seen on the show. Pure awesomeness! :yah:

I loved how they tied it in with the true story of the fossilised woman. Poor Roslin :(

Legend Killer
25-03-09, 15:45
Will you be following the spinoffs? Caprica or Battlestar/The Plan?

Phys
25-03-09, 15:52
Will you be following the spinoffs? Caprica or Battlestar/The Plan?

:o I know nothing of these! What are they?

Legend Killer
25-03-09, 16:43
Caprica is a prequel to Battlestar and The Plan tells the Cylon story of Galactica. Checkout Sci-Fi.com for more info on them.

Wiki Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caprica_(TV_series) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caprica_(TV_series))

Teaser video for "The Plan": Click (http://video.scifi.com/player/?id=1068221)

madderakka
25-03-09, 16:45
I think it went a bit too mystical with the Kara thing. The head people/angels were okay, but Kara just stretched it too far. The 150,000 years later ending was a bit predictable. I think they could have spun it a bit better. I'm interested in Caprica and the plan.

Phys
25-03-09, 17:00
Caprica is a prequel to Battlestar and The Plan tells the Cylon story of Galactica. Checkout Sci-Fi.com for more info on them.

Wiki Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caprica_(TV_series) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caprica_(TV_series))

Teaser video for "The Plan": Click (http://video.scifi.com/player/?id=1068221)

Oh wow, i'll definately check them out, thanks!

bloodstormaoa
26-03-09, 02:33
I've watched the ending twice now and I have to say I love it. Some parts annoyed me (especially Karas "end"), but most of it worked.

What was RDM trying to say about God (at the end..."it")? Is it foreshadowing for something or...?

Mr.Burns
26-03-09, 02:35
Discussions on other forums that I've read suspect that Head Baltar was implying that he was G-d.

madderakka
26-03-09, 04:24
I don't think so Mr. Burns. Baltar called God something at the end and head six said "you know he doesn't like to be called that".

Mr.Burns
26-03-09, 13:20
I don't think so Mr. Burns. Baltar called God something at the end and head six said "you know he doesn't like to be called that".

I never said I agreed with that theory. You got things a bit mixed up there. Six called him G-d, Baltar said, "You know, it doesn't like being called that." Kind of implies...

Kiss-Bite
26-03-09, 13:23
I can't believe it's finally ending! I've really loved every season so I'm both excited & sad that the conclusion is upon us.:)

Mr.Burns
26-03-09, 13:35
Actually, I'm glad they ended it when they did. There's nothing worse than to see a show run longer than it should have.

Kiss-Bite
26-03-09, 13:37
Actually, I'm glad they ended it when they did. There's nothing worse than to see a show run longer than it should have.

Oh I agree 100%, it still doesn't make it less sad when something you've loved comes to an end.:)

bloodstormaoa
27-03-09, 11:07
I've been thinking more about Kara...

I think she did die on earth and was sent back by "God" to fulfill her role in leading the fleet to Earth 2.. Once that had been accomplished, she disappeared. She was some sort of corporeal "ghost" throughout S4?

Its the only thing that makes sense to me....

madderakka
27-03-09, 23:59
A lot of people are going with the idea that Kara and the head people are angels.

bloodstormaoa
28-03-09, 02:17
That makes some sort of sense for Head Baltar and Six, but not really for Kara...just because she is unknowing throughout the whole thing.

The Great Chi
28-03-09, 23:40
SPOILERS FOLLOW...

Knew a ramming with the Galatica was due, thats all it was good for at the end :p

Things really looked up at the part where the Chief Engineer discovered how his wife went out an airlock forcably was brilliant, because I knew then the transfer of the reserectrion device was not going to happen, he he, and there would be the dissasterous end with all fighting to put an end to their gloom and doom ;)

Yet the battle star got away, and they found Earth, though a bit back in the stone age.

Now this is where I would have carried on to a more civilised world, no technology, no fast food, no internet, no plasma TV, no alchoholic drinks, and no essential soft toilet paper, no nothing except a few trees and byson, Arrrrgh !!!!

Beam me up Scotty :D

Phys
29-03-09, 00:13
SPOILERS FOLLOW...

Knew a ramming with the Galatica was due, thats all it was good for at the end :p

Things really looked up at the part where the Chief Engineer discovered how his wife went out an airlock forcably was brilliant, because I knew then the transfer of the reserectrion device was not going to happen, he he, and there would be the dissasterous end with all fighting to put an end to their gloom and doom ;)

Yet the battle star got away, and they found Earth, though a bit back in the stone age.

Now this is where I would have carried on to a more civilised world, no technology, no fast food, no internet, no plasma TV, no alchoholic drinks, and no essential soft toilet paper, no nothing except a few trees and byson, Arrrrgh !!!!

Beam me up Scotty :D

I always hated that woman who killed chief's wife anyway. I just KNEW chief was gonna strangle her to death or something :D Great episode.

I must say though, when we saw galactica ram into the side of the cylon base, and it was being shot at, I can't believe it took as much damage as it did without blowing up! It was practically invincible!

Mr.Burns
29-03-09, 00:20
Something tells me that Galactica was built like most old things: They don't build them like they used to. I wonder if Pegasus could have survived a plummet through an atmosphere and ramming into a massive colony ship.

Phys
29-03-09, 00:22
Something tells me that Galactica was built like most old things: They don't build them like they used to. I wonder if Pegasus could have survived a plummet through an atmosphere and ramming into a massive colony ship.

Mmhm I agree. And aw it looked so sad seeing Galactica and the rest of the fleet fly into the sun. Just seeing the word 'Galactica' on the side as it passed by. :(

The Great Chi
29-03-09, 00:27
The funny thing if you look right back at the series, if Balter had a mirrored ceilling in his house while he was in bed with the Cylon Number six (Caprica) doing certain adult actions that are :cen: .... he would have said...

"Why does her back light up like a 1000 watt neon tube, is that normal ?"

Well that would have been the end of it all, Neon tube toaster woman go home, we all live in peace, the end :vlol:

Mr.Burns
29-03-09, 00:28
I had always figured that Galactica would have gone out in a blaze of glory. Now we see she went out in a blaze. :(

Ah well, time to start watching the series again. :)

@Chi: :vlol: Could have prevented the whole damn thing. :)

Phys
29-03-09, 00:33
I had always figured that Galactica would have gone out in a blaze of glory. Now we see she went out in a blaze. :(

Ah well, time to start watching the series again. :)

@Chi: :vlol: Could have prevented the whole damn thing. :)

I actually bought the first series on dvd set a while ago. Never watched them though. I think it's time to dig it out :D

The Great Chi
29-03-09, 00:35
I actually bought the first series on dvd set a while ago. Never watched them though. I think it's time to dig it out :DYou just want to see the 1000W neon tube action :mis: :p :D

Mr.Burns
29-03-09, 00:37
Who doesn't want to see the neon bulb action? :cln:

@Phys: Definitely suggest starting from the beginning. :)

Phys
29-03-09, 00:44
Who doesn't want to see the neon bulb action? :cln:

@Phys: Definitely suggest starting from the beginning. :)

LOL I remember it lighting up XD And yes I will Mr.Burns :)

I distinctly remember an episode where Boomer is sat in a room, wet. I think it was when she was discovering what she is. Also another one about some kind of device that had been placed in the centre of operations.

The Great Chi
29-03-09, 00:53
My biggest fear about space flight in the future was reflected in this series ending.

Consider that they spend five years fleeing the Cylons, with humanity dying in every episode, then living in misery on spaceships within 10 foot by 5 foot cabins if they were lucky, then awaiting battles every five minutes.

After all this they end up on a planet agreeing to start from scrach all over again and live a rather meager existance, awaiting civilisation to appear again after 150,000 years :eek:

Now lets fast foward to the real future with spaceships.

The first colonists to the stars will take almost forever with todays technoloy or a bit faster with some new technologies, but most likey will be century ships, taking centuries to get to a habitable planet, and being deep frozen then thawedout, only to find a planet that will take forever to build up a civilisation.

OR find out that humanity had got to that distant planet years earlier on faster ships that had overtaken their old slow spaceship technology , and had Macdonalds rebult to welcome them :D

I think I will just stay on Earth till the aliens decide to welcome us into the galatic comunity, and give us a day return ticket to Alpha Centurie he he,

Mr.Burns
29-03-09, 00:54
Ah yes, you're referring to the episodes when the water storage tank was sabotaged and the device in CIC was the one from the pilot episode.

Phys
29-03-09, 01:01
Ah yes, you're referring to the episodes when the water storage tank was sabotaged and the device in CIC was the one from the pilot episode.

Ahh. And CIC that's it! I couldn't remember the name for it :p

And damn I didn't get the mini series with the series 1 set. Gonna have to find some other way to watch that :(