PDA

View Full Version : Jobs for under 16' year olds

sheepydee
04-04-09, 19:17
Hi people

i was wondering my friend and i are looking for a like part time job someplace and we arent sure where to ask for job spaces or nothin , does anyone have any ideas what kind of place would take 2 teenagers for a part time job of sorts??? any help much appreciated :) please dont say something like a paper-round

MattTR
04-04-09, 19:18
I'm 18 and I'm looking for a job now, not having much luck. :(

But at your age try your local grocery stores, I know they hire young. Good luck. :)

sheepydee
04-04-09, 19:29
oh well , i'll try some places like that lol i'll see where it gets me :S

Rai
04-04-09, 19:39
Try your local Newsagents. They hire people your age for newspaper rounds. Some shops like supermarkets hire under 18s too. Shops may advertise in store.

Joely-Moley
04-04-09, 20:11
I'd say your best bet would be delivering papers. Good luck.

jackles
04-04-09, 20:33
The trouble is sheepydee that there are a hell of a lot of over 16's looking for work at the moment and that will mean that even jobs like paper rounds are going to be fought over. Best bet is ask around...family friends etc it sometimes isn't what you know ..but who you know.

sheepydee
04-04-09, 20:57
The trouble is sheepydee that there are a hell of a lot of over 16's looking for work at the moment and that will mean that even jobs like paper rounds are going to be fought over. Best bet is ask around...family friends etc it sometimes isn't what you know ..but who you know.

well my brother may know some people to get me and my friend a job , and i used to have a paperound but i chucked it , i sort of didnt do my job properly :whi: lol

irjudd
04-04-09, 21:36
*begins to offer sheepydee a job*

...but i chucked it , i sort of didnt do my job properly :whi: lol
... nevermind.

Tomb-Dude
04-04-09, 21:45
No offence but under 16 is basicly impossible, i was like in the fact my mum knew someone who worked in the catering buisness so when i was 14/15 i was a waiter/KP (kitchen porter)
But all i can suggest is either go private during summer and wash cars :\ or do a paper round. :)

2kool4u
04-04-09, 21:52
Heey sorry dude i used to be like ya. I remember being around your age posting a similar topic and....i couldnt get a job XD :vlol: Im now almost 18 and its like hard as hell to get one.

Joely-Moley
04-04-09, 21:54
Heey sorry dude i used to be like ya. I remember being around your age posting a similar topic and....i couldnt get a job XD :vlol: Im now almost 18 and its like hard as hell to get one.

I'm 21 and can't get one :o

_Lam
04-04-09, 22:12
Well... a 14 I started delivering the newspapers... 15 I worked in a restaurant (cooking) and now I'm 16 and I work in a supermarket.
I don't know where you live but here... as long as your parents want you to work and that you are mature enough to do the job, you can do wathever you want.

;)

Mr.Burns
04-04-09, 22:20
Folks, if you can't post in a constructive and mature manner, then don't.

Nausinous
04-04-09, 22:22
well my brother may know some people to get me and my friend a job , and i used to have a paperound but i chucked it , i sort of didnt do my job properly :whi: lol

A jobs a lot of responsibility. Who's going to give you one if you just give up when you make a mistake? I started a paper round when I was 13/14 finished it when I was 15/16 I think, I saved a lot of money, I'd really recommend it :tmb: You get a lot of fresh air and exercise to boot.

The hero..
04-04-09, 22:34
Go work in a resturant washing up :) it's what i do and there always looking for new people.

spikejones
05-04-09, 03:54
I'd say that food service is likely the best possibility. but don't count on both of you getting a job at the same place. its been my experience that if two friends walk in together to put in applications, one of two things will happen:

A) neither gets the job since they are likely to assume the two of you will spend the bulk of the time socializing rather than working

B) only one of you gets the job - the one with the better presentation

and getting a job boils down to if positions are available. food service has one of the highest turnover rates on employment. they may not be hiring today, but their dishwasher may quit tomorrow. etc...
-----
anyhow.. if you are just looking for a summer job to earn a few bones - food service is the best bet I'd say. especially at the beach. come tourist season, places will hire additional staff to meet the needs of the additional business. my first job when I was 14 was p/t dishwasher at the seafood joint my dad works at. if you are looking for something longer term.. take your time and search for a job doing something you will enjoy doing in the long haul. that decision is only something you can arrive at, and may not be what your friend has in mind.

Johnnay
05-04-09, 04:49
dude get a job at mcdonalds best for under 16's period

Nefertiti_89
05-04-09, 05:07
I used to pick strawberries and other assorted fruits when I was younger, it was good because I got exercise and a tan at the same time.

Otherwise yeah maccas is the go, or like safeway, tescos, woolworths, sainsbury, whatever the major supermarket chain is because theyre usually stingey *******s who dont want to pay people much so they hire young kids.