PDA

View Full Version : legend demo

larafan25
19-04-09, 23:08
ok soo recently we decided to get rid of my old computer,it had not worked for a long time and was just sitting in a box.

so I thought since we were throwing it out that it wouldn't hurt to break into the CD holder and rescue my old ps2 demo disc from those awosme magazines that used to have demos in them:)

anyways,I decided to play the legend demo and I noticed alot of changes.....

I usually fly through legend levels fast raiding,this was hard though because the controls weren't very responsiv,and lara stopped after each move.

there were alot more random plants and birds flying in cutscenes,I guess just decrative touches to really sell the game.

lara had alot more conversations with zip.

the deaths were sooo much more pleasent to watch then the super ragdoll ones.

the screen faded better than in the final version

you could go endlessly sliding under enemies even when they were on the ground and knock them into the air.

title screen music(I have never heard it before)

lara's hair seems to move alot more in cutscene but can seem stiff.

you cannot perform the series of rolls and tumbles,only a roll followed by a forward handspring.

lara's grapple animations look slightly different

loading screen(I have never seen before)

the swan dive animation is slower and lara's arms look different perfomring it

if anyone has noticed in a few cutscenes in underworld,lara or the camera will be jolted to a specific position,this happens in a few cutscenes too,obviously fixed for the final game.

when lara falls in the air with her guns out
(long fall or from a jump)lara holds her arms upwards in a different position.

lara's fast swom animation is almost abrupt the way she does it,and she forces he head downwards when she treds water.

when lara dies underwater the whole screen brightly flashes a light blue.

once you pass a cutscene and then reset a previous checkpoint and die,the cutscene you have already watched will play again.

lara's jump from hanging vines/ropes and her grapple are very weak,she barely jumps off wich often causes you to fall to your death.

in the final verison of legend,in most cases you have to wait for lara to swing around poles at least once before jumping off them,but like in anniversary andunderworld here you can jump emidiately.

more too come:)

I'll update on other things I noticed,this thread is just to share how different the legend demo feels after you have played the final version...and eventually whihc one was better:)

Big Lara Fan
19-04-09, 23:19
Sweet! Any way we can have some video footage of it? Sounds cool :tmb:

Please and thanks! :D :hug:

Tony9595
19-04-09, 23:25
I want a video too :yah:

"lara had alot more conversations with zip."

↑ thatīs scary :(

michaeldt
19-04-09, 23:28
is it the same as the XBOX360 demo?

larafan25
19-04-09, 23:29
I can't get a video because I don't own a video camera,I am playing the demo right now because I know I fogot some of the differences changes:P

I can search you tube:P

michaeldt:porbably not the same,obviously not graphically wise,because this is the ps2 demo:)

and did the 360 game not come out later???so the 360 demo probably would have been close to the final 360 version:)

I have updated the first post with more things.

I am still playing so expect more:)and then I'll search for a video so we can spot out the differences:)

larafan25
20-04-09, 00:05
I just checked youtube and I could not find any videos on the ps2 demo,there was one but I think it was PC,and I think it was modded.

shoot!,sorry for double posting,I didn't realize:)

Ian666
22-04-09, 03:06
God i remember running down to my local newsagents for this demo the day the Official Xbox Mag came out with it on the disc, got up at 7am and RAN to the shop and RAN home, played the demo and couldn't wait for the game, bought a brand new ps2 with the game and all.

Helegad
22-04-09, 07:19
God i remember running down to my local newsagents for this demo the day the Official Xbox Mag came out with it on the disc, got up at 7am and RAN to the shop and RAN home, played the demo and couldn't wait for the game, bought a brand new ps2 with the game and all.

Now THATS enthusiasm :p

Tomb-Dude
22-04-09, 15:24
Her hand stand from ledges is different. in Demo is does a little twist like in the first cutscene. Where are in final version, and with the last two games she does it over her body, not with a little twist :)

Phlip
22-04-09, 16:52
She also has a braid in the demo. :)
*hears herds of people running to Game to see if they have the demo. :pi: *

XD

But there was only one extra line in the demo, not "alot more conversations". :confused: After the boulder goes past Lara and Zip says "That was close," Lara said "Nonsense, I had bags of room."
Lol, it's funny, that was probably the best line in the game and they cut it. :vlol: