PDA

View Full Version : Underwater Questions?

TR cheatfinder
23-04-09, 16:11
1. How can you trigger an underwater area to empty it's water in the pull of a switch, like in St. Francis Folly?

2. How do you make current in the water, so I pulls you when you jump in it? (Like the Lost Valley)

I need ansswers before I can progress any further in my level.

jun89
23-04-09, 16:20
1. You can change a water room into non-water room by using flipmaps.

2. Sinks (found in the editor effects list among cameras and sound effects) are used for creating currents. You make changes to sink OCB and trigger it.

I think Skribblerz has quite comprehensive tutorials. You should check them out :)

God Horus
23-04-09, 16:25
1. How can you trigger an underwater area to empty it's water in the pull of a switch, like in St. Francis Folly?

2. How do you make current in the water, so I pulls you when you jump in it? (Like the Lost Valley)

I need ansswers before I can progress any further in my level.

If you have a flipmap set up and the flipped room is dry, then when you trigger the flipmap the water room will become dry. Use the sink objects to have a current, I think you can also control the intensity. I am sure sinks were in the manual and flipmaps too (they talked about changing the state of a room with flipmaps)

TR cheatfinder
23-04-09, 18:05
Problem is, when to you click off 0 Water, after you click F and enter the number or before?

jun89
23-04-09, 19:18
Make the water room and then click the "F" button. Enter i.e. no. 1 in the box next to the F (this means that this flipmap is flipmap no. 1). Your 3D view background turns black. Now remove the water. You can swap between flipped and non-flipped rooms by pressing ALT + F.
After you've finished your flipmap make a flipmap trigger where needed.

And remember, all animating objects must be placed in the non-flipped room. You cannot place animatings in flipped rooms. :)

TR cheatfinder
23-04-09, 19:33
Thank You, so much now it works!