PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider 1 Error (AAH!!)

jlofan
25-04-09, 21:22
I'm having a serious error in Tomb Raider I, when I try to install it and I insert the disc in my lowest letter drive (I Have D: and E:, I putted it in D: ), when I want to continue the installation, there comes a message that I need to insert the disc in D:, while it's in there, can someone please help me, I tried everything (I Putted it also in E:, installed Glidos, dgVoodoo, I downloaded all patches, tried all options, used the advamced installer, but nothing works)

Drone
25-04-09, 21:51
welcome. completely disable E: in device manager :wve:

gidierre
26-04-09, 08:50
and I insert the disc in my lowest letter drive (I Have D: and E:, I putted it in D: ), when I want to continue the installation, there comes a message that I need to insert the disc in D:, while it's in there
if it's already in d:
then it's correct and there should be no problem with it
you may have some different issue(s) than just the drive letter

you'd better post a diagnose.exe report after all.

EscondeR
26-04-09, 14:25
Yup, run Diagnose.exe (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/download/diagnose.exe) and post the report.

LaPeche35
31-05-09, 02:40
I encounter same install issue using advanced installer 1.6.0.92. I did understood all requirements to setup TR1 on XP but stuck with that "insert CD" issue.
I got only 1 E-IDE DVD writer and 2 SATA HDDs XP see as IDE devices (translated by BIOS setting, for compatibility).
BUT... this BIOS "SATA seeing as IDE" translation shows 2 southbridges to XP. One southbridge shows my 2HDD on its primary (one master, one slave). Other one shows my DVD writer on its primary.
Motherboard is an Asrock P415L with BIOS up to date.
Diagnose does not show any more interesting info :(

I suppose installer may not be able to check on many southbridges (and TR1 by the way) ? Or anyone has another idea? :confused:

EscondeR
31-05-09, 11:16
Diagnose does not show any more interesting info :(

Leave it for us to judge :) Post the report here.