PDA

View Full Version : What if Lara was to search for the garden of Eden?

RoomTraider
29-04-09, 11:33
This would give Tomb Raider's to finally visit the Arabian, Persian and other Middle Eastern countries.

xXhayleyroxXx
29-04-09, 11:41
That would be really cool :) i really like that idea!
and imagine how pretty the garden could she when she found it
XD
i wonder what she could look for....?
*finds a clue to the following*
'father must have known what happened to mother ... there must be something else down there (family crypt)

hehehh

maybe it's some heavenly key or something :S

or maybe something not even involving her mum and dad for once :)

sorry im dead weird XD
xxxx

daventry
29-04-09, 11:42
I like that,going after the 7 Wonders of the World with a Twist in the Land of Tomb Rader so to speak. :p'father must have known what happened to mother ... there must be something else down there (family crypt)

hehehh

maybe it's some heavenly key or something :S

or maybe something not even involving her mum and dad for once :)Enough with the Family Trash. :hea::hea::hea::hea:

RoomTraider
29-04-09, 11:46
Maybe she want's to find the Forbidden Fruit or The Waterfall of Youth or something else

And yes the scenery would be absolutely stunning. :jmp:

Phoebe_Croft
29-04-09, 11:48
It'd be a great idea, she just needs a storyline to tie the plots up.

daventry
29-04-09, 11:50
It'd be a great idea, she just needs a storyline to tie the plots up.They can do that with DLC for the XBOX for all i care, lets focus on something Fresh and New. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Orionvalentine
29-04-09, 11:53
That would be a great idea! But in this day and age would developers have to stray away from biblical and religious stories to an extent, for fear that one religious group seems 'favoured'?

Dennis's Mom
29-04-09, 12:08
I don't think that's a concern. None of the "major" religions existed at the time of the garden of Eden. As for the seven wonders, I believe Judaism existed, but they were not the constructors of the wonders. I really see no conflict.

The game would be a work of fiction inspired by actual places. It certainly can't be any more inflammatory than Indiana Jones finding the Ark of the Covenant or the Holy Grail.

Orionvalentine
29-04-09, 12:13
Well I can understand that most of the people here would not have a problem with them using story elements from certain religions, but look at the 'controversy' surrounding other games these past few years. Not all to do with religious beliefs, but stupid insignificant things. Like the 'scene' in Mass Effect and the zombies in Resident Evil 5.

Altair
29-04-09, 13:42
While it is a nice idea, using religious topics at the moment is a bit too controversial. Alternatively, it might appeal to the 'family friendly' market, but expect it to get a lot of criticism as well.

Lemmie
29-04-09, 14:03
We could have a flaming sword too.

xXhayleyroxXx
29-04-09, 14:04
^^ yeah :) nice :D

Evan C.
29-04-09, 14:42
"Don't bite that apple,Lara"

:D

thevman
29-04-09, 16:38
What would she really find? It was just nature and adam and eve. There wasn't a whole civilization there. No homes, artifacts, no mythological goodies, just the terrain, animals, adam and eve, who are long gone. What might she find? Loin clothes???

Tony9595
29-04-09, 16:46
I like that,going after the 7 Wonders of the World with a Twist in the Land of Tomb Rader so to speak. :pEnough with the Family Trash. :hea::hea::hea::hea:

:tmb: I COMPLETELY AGREE :D

Drone
29-04-09, 17:00
good idea. Lara and sand .... yummy levels :)

Super Badnik
29-04-09, 17:13
I always thought the Garden of Eden was supposed to be Heaven. Or did i just dream that?

thevman
29-04-09, 17:15
It was to be heaven on earth as god intended it until they used their free will and disobeyed god and he kicked them out... ;)

Dennis's Mom
29-04-09, 19:11
What might she find? Loin clothes???

Stop giving CD outfit ideas!

*waits for someone to photoshop Lara's head onto "1,000,000 BC" poster*

larafan25
29-04-09, 19:15
Hmmm....arabian I like...

but not the garden of eden:)

I want more of a classic adventuer style game with lots of action in arabian type places:)

Cloe Christina
29-04-09, 20:47
i dont know.....she has benn to some realy wierd places....could she ever find the gardern of eden?.....

trXD
29-04-09, 20:52
Hey that's a wonderful idea!

I just hope it dosent turn out to be her father's death place or something...

toxicraider
29-04-09, 21:12
Yeah... I suppose she could build a new Croft Manor there :D

That would be cool, but I'd rather have made up/modified myths or legends rather than the whole 'epic myth becomes fact' stories that don't really mix that well. The levels should of course be based on real references if they're real places. :)

Kazushi
29-04-09, 21:16

:vlol: :vlol: :vlol: :vlol: :vlol: :vlol: :vlol: :vlol: :vlol: :vlol: :vlol: OH MY GOD MY BELLY HURTS!!

Tyrannosaurus
30-04-09, 01:58
I think a version of the Garden of Eden has already been covered, not in another Tomb Raider game, but in one of the Tomb Raider movies. Specifically, in The Cradle of Life. The myth of Pandora's Box and the Garden of Eden are so similar it's impossible not to view them as being more or less the same thing.

Now I'm all for seeing Lara visit the middle east, as there are so many great locations to choose from, such as:

Syria (there's a 6th century monastery there, among extinct volcanos and Roman ruins),

Iraq (Babylon, Ashur, Baghdad, Abbasid Palace, many medieval mosques, etc.)

Iran (Ur, Persepolis, Ezekiel's Tomb)

Jordan (Petra tombs, Gerasa ruins)

Turkey (Cappadocia, Ephesus, Temple of Athena, etc. more Greek ruins here than in Greece)

Istanbul (Aya Sophia, and many, many layers of catacombs/ruins underneath the city)

Drone
30-04-09, 08:12
I'd like to play Babel level. That structure gotta be massive and interesting. Full of secrets, zombies and deadly traps

LaraLuvrrr
30-04-09, 08:40
I came up with a similar idea awhile ago
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=140737

tomkat
30-04-09, 08:56
Great idea. Reminds me of Prince of Persia SoT & TTT. I loved the atmosphere in those.. almost mystical. Theres a LOT that can be done with the middle eastern theme.
The only drawback IMO is the inevitable Assasins Creed comparisons.

And of course the religious aspect may offend some people. I wouldnt mind it.

Gerbil
30-04-09, 09:50
You can't satisfy all people at one shot... :) I'd really like the idea of looking for the biblical Eden because >

1. Syria, Persia, Arabia or Palestina are areas not dealt with in previous TR games and when coming up with another TR, it should truly bring an original environment (NOT Egypt, however beautiful it is)

2. the early periods in Bible are almost comparable with mythologies of other ancient cultures than Jews and so Eden would suit the spirit of Legend-Underworld.

thevman
30-04-09, 16:30

Oh wait, not loin clothes, fig leaves! :vlol:

smr
30-04-09, 17:46
This would give Tomb Raider's to finally visit the Arabian, Persian and other Middle Eastern countries.

erm... who told you that garden of Eden is in Arabia or Middle East?
It is supposed to be a mythical place in the Christian mythology (sory religion) and has nothing to do with Arabia. There are of course many "garden's of Eden" like Chabala in Nepal and China, Elisia Pedia in Greece, Avalon in England, Valhalla in Norway, Xibalba in Maya, there are also different in Egypt, probably in Russia and Middle East must have their own. But Garden of Eden is not that.

Lee croft
30-04-09, 17:49
she could be looking for the tree with the forbiddon fruit or eves half eaten apple

smr
30-04-09, 17:56
I think a version of the Garden of Eden has already been covered, not in another Tomb Raider game, but in one of the Tomb Raider movies. Specifically, in The Cradle of Life. The myth of Pandora's Box and the Garden of Eden are so similar it's impossible not to view them as being more or less the same thing.

Now I'm all for seeing Lara visit the middle east, as there are so many great locations to choose from, such as:

Syria (there's a 6th century monastery there, among extinct volcanos and Roman ruins),

Iraq (Babylon, Ashur, Baghdad, Abbasid Palace, many medieval mosques, etc.)

Iran (Ur, Persepolis, Ezekiel's Tomb)

Jordan (Petra tombs, Gerasa ruins)

Turkey (Cappadocia, Ephesus, Temple of Athena, etc. more Greek ruins here than in Greece)

Istanbul (Aya Sophia, and many, many layers of catacombs/ruins underneath the city)

most of theses places were part of the Hellinic Empire at the time... More Greek ruins here than in Greece (grumbles)

Dennis's Mom
30-04-09, 17:58
It is supposed to be a mythical place in the Christian mythology (sory religion) and has nothing to do with Arabia. There are of course many "garden's of Eden" like Chabala in Nepal and China, Elisia Pedia in Greece, Avalon in England, Valhalla in Norway, Xibalba in Maya, there are also different in Egypt, probably in Russia and Middle East must have their own. But Garden of Eden is not that.

Several archeologists believe the Garden of Eden likes near where the Tigris and Euphretes rivers in Iraq.

Chocola teapot
30-04-09, 18:16
It'd be lovely!

tonyme
30-04-09, 18:23
I love the idea, as I live in a Middle Eastern country. We have beautiful locations here, really. Some great places that Lara could see such as Byblos, Baalbek and Beirut!

Very historic, very tomb raider-ish

]{eith
30-04-09, 18:26
http://i43.************/11tv37m.jpg

:whi:

Anyway, Eden would be interesting. I liked the idea of Lara visiting Praslin Island in the first novel. It sounded perfect for a TR level.

LaraLuvrrr
01-05-09, 02:39
she could be looking for the tree with the forbiddon fruit or eves half eaten apple

:vlol: find Eve's trash pleaseeee LAra!

I'll give you 20 bucks....

Tombraiderx08
01-05-09, 17:27
As fun as it sounds, I prefer going back to artifacts as opposed to legendary places.

Lee croft
01-05-09, 18:15
:vlol: find Eve's trash pleaseeee LAra!

I'll give you 20 bucks....

looool :vlol: hehehe i had to take a crack at that!! :)

Gerbil
02-05-09, 08:53

Read the Bible and see it for yourself.:)

Maritimus
02-05-09, 13:12
What if Lara was to search for the Triforce of Hyrule ?

LOL, it makes just as much sense ;)

Dia2blo
02-05-09, 13:18
Why can't they make something new??

The Iris? The scion? The infada artefacts? The Dagger of Xian? etc.

They were original!

Chocola teapot
02-05-09, 16:15
To be honest I would love a garden of eden level!