PDA

View Full Version : TRL for 360 Rules!

TRJTA
29-04-09, 17:18
Wow, I'm very impressed with the 360 version of Legend. I bought it a pretty long time ago, but I never finished it. (Did on PC, with nextgen on...YUCK nextgen on pc was butt-ugly!) graphics, can really make a difference.) Legend on the 360 looks soo much more polished, and I now notice all the tiny exciting details the PC nextgen version didn't have. One of the most noticable being the cool dirt and wet effect Lara has, which looks much better then Underworld's.. really. AND of course the almost 100% absence of glitches, which the pc version was full of. Legend looks either better or as good as Underworld imo, I think they could've done a better job on Underworld if they really tried.

:)

H4RR7H
30-04-09, 04:36
Yes it does be awesome :)

TRA (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=121107) and TRU (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=139419) are no exceptions to the TR360 goodness, my friend ;)

TRJTA
30-04-09, 07:32
Yes it does be awesome :)

TRA (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=121107) and TRU (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=139419) are no exceptions to the TR360 goodness, my friend ;)

I KNOW! :D yesterday I bought TRA for 360 for only 10 euros. And I already had TRU for the 360, on the releasedate :p
And Anniversary does look better on the 360 too :)

H4RR7H
01-05-09, 04:58
I KNOW! :D yesterday I bought TRA for 360 for only 10 euros. And I already had TRU for the 360, on the releasedate :p
And Anniversary does look better on the 360 too :)

Yahum :tmb: It's a perfect little trilogy on my shelf too :jmp:

I just wish they'd patch TRA on PC with the 360 graphics... they're in the engine ffs! :hea:

TRJTA
01-05-09, 08:45
Yahum :tmb: It's a perfect little trilogy on my shelf too :jmp:

I just wish they'd patch TRA on PC with the 360 graphics... they're in the engine ffs! :hea:

Yea thats what I think too:(

fishlikelong
01-05-09, 10:50
Pfft, they should release them on PS3! But that's never gonna happen right. :(

Joshorty
01-05-09, 15:11
Pfft, they should release them on PS3! But that's never gonna happen right. :(

I know. I wouldn't mind buying it honestly. Well until time passes, I guess they'll make a PS3 collectors edition pack with three[of those games]-in-one? I definitely wouldn't mind picking that up.

Shark_Blade
03-05-09, 04:35
Played Legend last night as well on 360. :D

Let's talk about the graphics this time around, since you guys has been bored to death of my rant (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=122387&page=5) regarding Legend Lara's attitude, puzzles and such:

The graphics are amazing and I'm confident to say that the color template in Legend is much more colorful and immersive compared to TRU which is very dull, grey and blue.

Check out the wet-luscious waterfall of Ghana, or the dark tall skyscrapper buildings in Tokyo at night! Have you seen the brown-clay rocky walls in Bolivia flashback? Or the cool blue icy floor in Nepal? Feasts for my eyes.

TRJTA
03-05-09, 22:45
yea TRL has really good graphics, better then Underworld I guess, and compared to in which year these 2 games are made, Legend's are WAAAAAY better, 2006 and 2008, that's a big difference in game industry

Super Badnik
03-05-09, 22:59
Yup, TRs always seem to turn out better on 360 than PC. Anniversary looks quite bland on PC, much better on 360. I only have Legend for 360, but it looks better than the PC screens. Although i definitley think Underworld is much better looking than Legend, espically with the blur effects.

Love2Raid
05-05-09, 15:52
Even though I had already finished this game on my laptop many times, I wanted to play 'next gen' Legend for a change (my laptop sadly can't run the next gen version), so I bought the 360 version (and for the achievements of course ^_^).

It's amazing! So beautiful, I love it! Wow, it almost felt like I was playing a different game. :tmb:

alisteravenger
05-05-09, 16:13
TRL was not only the first game I bought for my 360, but my first TR game also (Shocking, I know :eek:) and it was brilliant. :D I've unlocked all of the achevements, my XBOX avatar even looks like lara :p Sadly my XBOX630 has had a hardwear failure, so I can't play it anymore :(

H4RR7H
05-05-09, 20:41
Yup, TRs always seem to turn out better on 360 than PC. Anniversary looks quite bland on PC, much better on 360. I only have Legend for 360, but it looks better than the PC screens. Although i definitley think Underworld is much better looking than Legend, espically with the blur effects.

Xbox provides the motion blur, not the game of TRU itself ;)
It's an option for developers along with AA and the such-like to turn these on or not on the Xbox 360 platform :cln:

TRL was not only the first game I bought for my 360, but my first TR game also (Shocking, I know :eek:) and it was brilliant. :D I've unlocked all of the achevements, my XBOX avatar even looks like lara :p Sadly my XBOX630 has had a hardwear failure, so I can't play it anymore :(

You know, that's not the end of your Xbox adventuring days :hug:
Microsoft repairs all consoles with hardware failures for free if they're within the 3 year warranty from the date of purchase :D

Happened to mine 3 times, had to send it to Aussie and back to get it fixed, all at Microsoft's expense :D
Just call your customer support number at the back of your Xbox manual ;)

I got mine on the release date; those initial releases of the console had a firmware chip of 1.0.
These consoles are pretty much destined for a hardware failure at least once in their time on this earth.
Since late 2007, however, the elite console was released and the rest of the consoles upgraded with the firmware 2.0 chip.
This "decreased the chance of a hardware failure from 39.8% to 2.1%", and I know of people where this proves fairly true :D
It's a pity the packaging is indistinguishable though, you really only know if you're getting a good chip if you buy an elite :p

michaeldt
06-05-09, 00:01
I love this version! I play it sometimes, but I have heard about this update that gives you bad achievements (you have to download TRA to get them). So when I first got my one, I did not update it.

-Roli-
06-05-09, 06:33
Well i played it several times, but my 360 got 3led, so...

The water effects are awesome, the dirty on Lara is great too, but maybe Lara is too orange :o :D (or my tv is too coloured :cln:)
Anyway, Anniversary have the biggest differences on X360.

touchthesky
06-05-09, 09:34
I have Legend on 360. Tis good.

I haven't finished it, I am at Fluffy and can't get him beat.

:ton: