PDA

View Full Version : Problems with AoD

Zebra
30-04-09, 21:23
Hey :)!
I've just installed AoD again (I had gotten a new PC a few months ago and hadn't come around to install it yet) but whenever I try to launch it I get the following error message:

"Build Aug 6 2003 11:12:23

The Following Error has occured

Generic Game Error

ASSERTION: 'SUCCEEDED(hr)' at C:\projects\tomb raider\Game\shell\system\PC\sys_d3d_vmr9.cpp(1568)"

I don't understand what it means by "C:\projects\tomb raider\Game\shell\system\PC\sys_d3d_vmr9.cpp(1568)" because I have not installed the game on C:\ and none of those folders exists on there. The OS is XP with SP2 installed.

Thanks in advance :).

spikejones
30-04-09, 21:48
please run and post the report of diagnose.exe (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/download/diagnose.exe)

EscondeR
30-04-09, 22:09
^ Yup, better do... but:

sys_error_d3d error
Usually caused by an unsupported graphics card or an out of date driver. Update the Graphics Driver.

If there are still problems try adjusting the graphic settings. In the first pre-game menu screen, go to SETTINGS.

General Tab

Set Frame Rate Compensation to Active and Fast. Make sure Processor has been set correctly.

Graphics Tab

Click on FF in the Default group (Fixed Function).

Once you have TRAOD running, you can go back and select Normal and check if that works OK. This option turns on the default settings for your particular card type. If this proves to be alright you may wish to modify various settings to improve screen resolution or quality.

Johnnay
01-05-09, 09:04
ask nightwish
she loves AOD so much she can help you with nearly anything to do qith AOD

Zebra
01-05-09, 13:14
Thanks.

I'll try that out, EscondeR. And if it doesn't work I'll run diagnose.exe.

daventry
01-05-09, 13:20
Isent there a Special Win XP Patch that was made by a Mod on this Board, you can get it at the TRC Website.

Zebra
01-05-09, 15:28
Updating the driver helped. It works now. Thanks :D! It feels so good to play AoD, again.

Isent there a Special Win XP Patch that was made by a Mod on this Board, you can get it at the TRC Website.

That patch was made to allow older TR games which were made for older operating systems to run on XP/Vista. But AoD runs on XP without that. The OSs wasn't the problem.