PDA

View Full Version : Released Beta Version? Nintendo GameCube

Tony9595
08-05-09, 00:23
Was this version released? I know that there is a demo of TRL, but AFAIK it only contains the Bolivia Level...

Today, I was browsing on youtube, videos from the GameCube version... and I found this one, look at it

JbqvUaOgaA8

You can see a huge difference on the cutscenes, the animations, some environments, and specially the flares and a different HUD screen. No Zip or Alister.

Was this released or is this available, via some cheating device? Because as you can see, although they are firing at Lara, she still has full health...

How weird :confused:

Feel free to close if necessary :)

Ward Dragon
08-05-09, 01:49
Very interesting. I think I saw gameplay footage like this back before Legend was released. I definitely remember seeing the bit where she kicks the mechanism and flips away from it instead of simply smacking into it while swinging on the rope. She also has the braid instead of the ponytail. I'm guessing this is early footage of the game before the final version was finished :)

DaNoNeMoKiId
08-05-09, 03:06
OMFG that does seem different, and she has the braid in the cutscene!!!

aussie500
08-05-09, 04:37
OMFG that does seem different, and she has the braid in the cutscene!!!

l doubt this is anything to do with the gamecube version, its just a mixture of early footage we have seen before. You cannot have the braid with the Legend outfit and why would the footage show her with braid and them with the ponytail, and the hud is not going to completely change half way through the level. The person who uploaded the video lied about what it was.

Tony9595
08-05-09, 04:44
Oh well, itīs just that I never saw most of the scenes showed on the video, so I thought that maybe that was an early version of the gamecube game :o

aussie500
08-05-09, 04:57
Oh well, itīs just that I never saw most of the scenes showed on the video, so I thought that maybe that was an early version of the gamecube game :o

Well it did say that in the description, but no we all saw that ages ago, and since the first versions done were PS2, XBox, and PC, the beta footage could only be from one of those versions, not the later Game Cube version.

Sharon_14
08-05-09, 06:12
That's just the beta, people in YouTube just put wrong names into it.

Helegad
08-05-09, 08:04
That's just the beta, people in YouTube just put wrong names into it.

Yeah, but any new beta material is a good thing.

Nice video :D

Looks very very buggy, that version :)

KurtisLonely
08-05-09, 15:24
Yeah, but any new beta material is a good thing.

Nice video :D

Looks very very buggy, that version :)
just that version?
isn't the final game just as buggy.. ?? o.O

Dark_Messiah
09-05-09, 10:09
I thinks the GC in the Name Sounds like Games Convention!?!

Rado_Legend
09-05-09, 10:12
She jumps like the GBA & NDS versions

michaeldt
09-05-09, 10:18
She jumps like the GBA & NDS versions

the GBA and DS animations were recorded from the early Beta version.

aussie500
09-05-09, 11:01
the GBA and DS animations were recorded from the early Beta version.

How do you work that out? They are completely different games running on different engines made by different developers, the GBA, DS and mobile games are nothing to do with the others, all the animations would have been done separately for them by whoever was making the games.

[Xmas]
09-05-09, 11:50
How do you work that out? They are completely different games running on different engines made by different developers, the GBA, DS and mobile games are nothing to do with the others, all the animations would have been done separately for them by whoever was making the games. Remember the recorded (beta) cutscenes from the DS version of Tomb Raider Underworld?
I think it could be possible that they used beta animations for GBA or DS + animations have nothing to do with engine,
so I see no reason why it couldn't be possible :confused:

aussie500
09-05-09, 14:55
;3641321'] Remember the recorded (beta) cutscenes from the DS version of Tomb Raider Underworld?
I think it could be possible that they used beta animations for GBA or DS + animations have nothing to do with engine,
so I see no reason why it couldn't be possible :confused:

The cutscenes for the DS version of TRU are pre-recorded from the next gen game their animations have nothing to do with the animations in the DS game. You cannot transfer the animations from such an advanced console as a PS2 or a gamecube to the DS as far as l know, certainly you cannot transfer motion captured animations far too much info for its tiny little mind. The model and the animations have to be done by the developer specifically for the DS, they can try and make them as much like the main game as they can, but that does not make them beta animations.

Why would you assume the cutscenes used for the DS version of TRU are Beta? Apart from a missing bird in Thailand they look pretty much the same to me so far, some effects would have been turned off, some things removed because they were not in the game. It was the Wii/PS2 version that had different cutscenes and that was because of the Wii's lesser graphics ability.

[Xmas]
09-05-09, 15:32
Why would you assume the cutscenes used for the DS version of TRU are Beta? Apart from a missing bird in Thailand they look pretty much the same to me so far, some effects would have been turned off, some things removed because they were not in the game. It was the Wii/PS2 version that had different cutscenes and that was because of the Wii's lesser graphics ability. It's not just about bird, if you look closely you can see huge differences in lighting,
even model of the yacht is beta (it's not detailed, just white) then you can count the different camera angles and much more.
To me - these are beta cutscenes, aren't they? :mis:

Larapink
09-05-09, 15:38
This is absurd, I don't think they will release the Beta version. The beta was a test for everyone to gather the process of what the game looks like first time when all the work is put together in the Engine. Obviously it wasn't perfect at first, they obviously worked on this process atleast another 5 times.

michaeldt
09-05-09, 15:42
How do you work that out? They are completely different games running on different engines made by different developers, the GBA, DS and mobile games are nothing to do with the others, all the animations would have been done separately for them by whoever was making the games.

it was said on a review " they recorded lara's rolling animation and other animations from the game, but you can only roll from the side and not from the front seeing as they didn't record a front roll animation" I am not sure what site the review was on but that is definitly what it said

aussie500
09-05-09, 16:05
;3641779'] It's not just about bird, if you look closely you can see huge differences in lighting,
even model of the yacht is beta (it's not detailed, just white) then you can count the different camera angles and much more.
To me - these are beta cutscenes, aren't they? :mis:

Camera angles seem exactly the same to me, the DS is incapable of DVD quality video and this video is very compressed which is why you get all the distortion, naturally the lighting looks different. And in case you missed it the boat was white in the next gen version as well, glass is still tinted black and the inside of the boat is exactly the same. These are not beta cutscenes, l have not got to the end yet but l am pretty sure nothing is going to seriously change.

it was said on a review " they recorded lara's rolling animation and other animations from the game, but you can only roll from the side and not from the front seeing as they didn't record a front roll animation" I am not sure what site the review was on but that is definitly what it said

You do not record animations from another game and then magically put them into a DS game michaeldt, animations for the DS look nothing like the ones in the main game, Lara is hand animated, no motion capture. In TRU Lara rolls forward, you view her from the side, its not a 3D game.

michaeldt
09-05-09, 16:39
You do not record animations from another game and then magically put them into a DS game michaeldt, animations for the DS look nothing like the ones in the main game, Lara is hand animated, no motion capture. In TRU Lara rolls forward, you view her from the side, its not a 3D game.

Aussie I am just telling you what I read in a review.

[Xmas]
09-05-09, 16:47
Camera angles seem exactly the same to me, the DS is incapable of DVD quality video and this video is very compressed which is why you get all the distortion, naturally the lighting looks different. And in case you missed it the boat was white in the next gen version as well, glass is still tinted black and the inside of the boat is exactly the same. These are not beta cutscenes, l have not got to the end yet but l am pretty sure nothing is going to seriously change. No, I saw all of the cutscenes on YouTube in HQ quality,
you'll spot all the differences I was talking about if you take a look at them if you didn't ;)
Tons of users created threads about this and posted even deleted part of "Out of Time" cutscene with some red gun.
These are beta cutscenes and the boat is really beta too.

Zelda master
09-05-09, 18:09
Well back on topic again... i think this video is from the Games Convension, and deffinantly not from the GameCube version... as the GameCube version is almost identical to the other version, all it lacks is the noise filter in the flashback level, and it has here and there a few bug fixes... further it is the same as on the other systems:)

aussie500
09-05-09, 18:29
Yes well the subject of this thread is beta we all had a chance to see from the games conventions from 2005 onwards, nothing to do with the game cube version and nothing new. Those wanting to discuss TRU versions can start a thread in the appropriate place. l am closing this it was just misinformation on youtube which started the thread.