PDA

View Full Version : the last big brother ever

lita212
08-05-09, 11:34
well davina mcall stated in an interview which was featured on msn and orange that 2010 will be the last big brother ever.
she said big brother has gotten less n less ratings and last year was sooo bad that the producers have decided that next year will be the last year indeed.

so if you wanna be on big brother then get auditioning next year as it will be the last and will go down in history lol

also big brother will be aired in june this year

Spong
08-05-09, 11:36
Last Big Brother in 2010? Can't they bring it forward a year? Or two even so we don't have to put up with it again.

Changeling
08-05-09, 11:36
I saw it in a magazine, but it said that Davina stated that it at least had two more years running for it.

Besides, they've said the same thing tons of times about Big Brother in the past but it's still going.

touchthesky
08-05-09, 11:47
Big brother 5 was meant to be the last I believe...They'll keep putting the rubbish on tele as long as folk watch it.

Spong
08-05-09, 11:50
Davina's part of the reason the program's so fundamentally unwatchable if you ask me. Her constant gurning in front of the camera is nauseatingly annoying.

spikejones
08-05-09, 12:21
lol... I was thinking this had to do with Bioshock 2 for a minute.. but then I realized its actually a Big Daddy :vlol: I never really was into those "fake-ality" shows. The whole season is pretty much scripted from what I understand. I knew a guy back in high school who had the inside scoop on who was going to be winning one of those type shows... He sold it on Ebay :vlol:

Johnnay
08-05-09, 12:23
I saw it in a magazine, but it said that Davina stated that it at least had two more years running for it.

Besides, they've said the same thing tons of times about Big Brother in the past but it's still going.

i believe Aussie Big brother is dead a year ago

thanks very much

Lee croft
08-05-09, 12:34
thank god for that!!! i hate big brother i loved it at 1st (mind you i was like what 10? when i 1st started to watch it!!) i just think its stupid

Elmer
08-05-09, 13:06
When I read the title of this thread '1984' immediately came to mind:)

Down with Big Brother!:p

*runs*

john_york
08-05-09, 13:07
Good. Bloody. Riddance.

Thank god, no more ignorant muppets taking up what could be awesome programming time on C4.

disneyprincess20
08-05-09, 13:32
Is there any proof of this (as in a link to an interview with Davina)? I'd like to see some hard evidence before I start leaping arond the room for joy.

Yes, go Big Brother, we would not wish you back again.

Ian666
08-05-09, 13:49
God i hate hearing her voice, this is devina, yeah **** off my tv you *****.

Rai
08-05-09, 14:55
There is a god. About time too.

TRhalloween
08-05-09, 14:58
I hope it's true this time. It seems to be the "last big brother" every year.

Chocola teapot
08-05-09, 15:09
Lol, good riddance.

scoopy_loopy
08-05-09, 15:10
Its about time, the only good thing about that show was when you occasionally saw them naked and or entertaining themselves :cln:

Also, Im pretty sure the last BB Australia was this year's.

Grenade
08-05-09, 15:39
great! it's about time it'll be over imo.

Reggie
08-05-09, 15:46
I'll miss discussing it here but outside of TRF, discussion of BB was over years ago. Its better days are certain behind them and unless there's a major format change, there's no way BB can be saved. I think I may take your advice and audition for BB next year though - its my only chance and it would be a unique experience for sure.

stranger1992
08-05-09, 17:14
Davina's part of the reason the program's so fundamentally unwatchable if you ask me. Her constant gurning in front of the camera is nauseatingly annoying.
:jmp::jmp::vlol::vlol:

marla_biggs
08-05-09, 17:18
surely they should end the show in it's tenth year? :confused:

anyway it's a shame, if true. i don't understand how shows like xfactor and britains got talent are so successful but no one seems to be interested in bb anymore. i'll miss it once it's gone, i hope they revive it again somewhere down the line...

SoulReaver74
08-05-09, 17:27
It's about time this reality nonsense came to end, let's all rejoice in euphoric jubilation. :D

Changeling
08-05-09, 17:31
i believe Aussie Big brother is dead a year ago

thanks very much

I was talking about Britain's Big Brother - talk of the show being cancelled has gone on for years, yet it's still on air for a tenth season.

Nenya awakens
08-05-09, 17:37
i hope they keep doing the Celebrity Big Brother, i find that one really entertaining!! especially last years with Latoya Jackson and Ulrika!

I'm glad the main show is coming to and end, the last one i enjoyed was the one with Ashlyne and Niki! whatever one that was!

Changeling
08-05-09, 17:41
the last one i enjoyed was the one with Ashlyne and Niki! whatever one that was!

That was series 7, and the best one ever in my books. :tmb:

marla_biggs
08-05-09, 17:51
series 5 and 6 was the show at it's peak imo, although i did enjoy it alot last year... until rachel won :confused:

they should get rid of BBLB and just have the main show. it's been pretty useless since dermot left anyway..

i hope they keep doing the Celebrity Big Brother, i find that one really entertaining!! especially last years with Latoya Jackson and Ulrika!

i loved la toya :D

Larapink
08-05-09, 19:54
FINALLY the last Big Brother! :D

TRhalloween
08-05-09, 19:55
^^^
It'll be in 2010 though.

NightWish
08-05-09, 20:02
i hope this goes to the whole world. I absolutely hate big broter, I honestly can't see why poeple enjoy it so much? As if they dont have problems on their own, lives of their own, that they need to watch other poeple ....just living

Larapink
08-05-09, 20:15
^^^
It'll be in 2010 though.
Argh Damn it! :mad:

Big Brother is annoying..

TR FAN 18
08-05-09, 20:23
OMG, I'm so glad to be rid of that show. We have already had NINE series of this so the last one will be the 10th! I thought 3 was enough to be honest. I watched the first 2 but then stopped caring after that. On top of that we also had FIVE Celebrity BBs.
There's still some utter reality tripe on other channels though, that REALLY must go. I'm so sick of seeing reality shows everywhere. :mad:

Hopefully we'll see no more "Big Brother" plastered all over crappy magazines.

Thorir
08-05-09, 20:51
I've never seen an episode of Big Brother and I dislike it just by reading about it. :p

Is it UK only?
I want newspaper to stop writing about reality shows as if everyone cares.

TR FAN 18
08-05-09, 21:04
As far as I know, BB is done in other countries but I don't know which.
And yes, why must this rubbish be in NEWSPAPERS? That's NOT news.

]{eith
08-05-09, 21:12
Really? YES!! :yah:

A decade of people staring into space does not good television make.

Spong
08-05-09, 21:31
And yes, why must this rubbish be in NEWSPAPERS? That's NOT news.

That's another part of the never ending annoyances associated with the show. No matter how much you try and ignore it, it just gets everywhere :hea:

SamuelCroft
08-05-09, 21:51
BEST news I've heard all week! YAY! E4 will be the same!

Thorir
08-05-09, 22:13
Please make it international!!!

*On knees...*
No innuendo!

Joely-Moley
08-05-09, 22:18
That's another part of the never ending annoyances associated with the show. No matter how much you try and ignore it, it just gets everywhere :hea:

Yes! It's so annoying.
I really hope this is true, but then again another crappy reality show will probably take it's place.

Spong
08-05-09, 22:22
I really hope this is true, but then again another crappy reality show will probably take it's place.

Knowing Channel 4 & E4 they'll probably plug the holes with more reruns of Friends and/or Scrubs :hea::hea::hea::hea:

Super Badnik
08-05-09, 22:34
Yes! No offense, but the sooner that crap is off my screen the better.

Changeling
08-05-09, 23:01
Man, the amount of people who hate Big Brother here is large! :eek:

Whatever happened to 'don't like, don't watch'? And if you don't watch... then why complain? :o

Super Badnik
08-05-09, 23:02

Whatever happened to 'don't like, don't watch'? And if you don't watch... then why complain? :oI think people hate it is because even if you don't watch it, it somehow still ends up slammed in your face:p

]{eith
08-05-09, 23:05

Whatever happened to 'don't like, don't watch'? And if you don't watch... then why complain? :o

I think it's more to do with how hard it is to avoid. It's advertised so heavily, the channels that it's on become BB central 27/7 and anything that happens on it is plastered everywhere in newspapers, magazines and the internet. :/

Super Badnik
08-05-09, 23:07
{eith;3640699']I think it's more to do with how hard it is to avoid. It's advertised so heavily, the channels that it's on become BB central 27/7 and anything that happens on it is plastered everywhere in newspapers, magazines and the internet. :/Yeah, and when i'm up late it hogs up 4 with BB live. Which as i'm sure you can guess is even more boring than the actual show that just has the "intresting" bits.

Joely-Moley
08-05-09, 23:08

More so because it seems to be everywhere. I don't watch it, but every year when it's on it gets huge spreads in newspapers and lots of coverage on the news, gets slightly annoying when you seem to hear about it everywhere.

]{eith
08-05-09, 23:08
Yeah, and when i'm up late it hogs up 4 with BB live. Which as i'm sure you can guess is even more boring than the actual show that just has the "intresting" bits.

It is extremely rediculous. I mean, do people really want to watch them sleep? :confused:

Super Badnik
08-05-09, 23:10
{eith;3640707']It is extremely rediculous. I mean, do people really want to watch them sleep? :confused:Apparently so:o

Reggie
08-05-09, 23:26
To above posters: BB live feed has been cancelled. Only the 45 minute-1 hour highlights shows are on each night plus one Big Brother's Big Mouth. Big Brother's little Brother will be remaining on E4 AFAIK. Still a lot of spin offs and coverage but a drastic reduction on before. This is good or bad news depending on your standpoint.

Johnnay
08-05-09, 23:27
I was talking about Britain's Big Brother - talk of the show being cancelled has gone on for years, yet it's still on air for a tenth season.

i know that. ifelt like writing Aussie bb

but i wanted to say that BB is crap

i still remember the shilpa shetty and jade goody fight.

michaeldt
09-05-09, 02:15
good riddons, that show annoyed the crap out of me!

Neteru
09-05-09, 10:30
Amusing to read all the 'good' posts.

If you don't like it, then I would assume that means you don't watch it anyway. If you don't watch it, what difference does it make? None.

TRhalloween
09-05-09, 23:56

If you don't like it, then I would assume that means you don't watch it anyway. If you don't watch it, what difference does it make? None.

Because of coverage. It's in magazines everywhere. Plus, it takes up hours on E4, just them sleeping. It's not just a 'Don't like it, don't watch it' thing.

Joely-Moley
10-05-09, 00:07
Because of coverage. It's in magazines everywhere. Plus, it takes up hours on E4, just them sleeping. It's not just a 'Don't like it, don't watch it' thing.

Yeah exactly, I'd have no problem if it was just on the TV and that was it, but every single year it's just everywhere in papers, magazines and even on the news. That's the issue I have with it. Just the sheer amount of coverage it gets.

Rai
10-05-09, 00:10

It goes further than just the TV show itself, rather the coverage all over the place. Radio, newspapers. While the show is on air, you can't escape it. I don't watch the show, so why do I have to see the newspapers, magazines plastering 'news' about it every where I look? Or have to to listen to radio stations discuss it every five minutes? Plus, I can't turn to the channels that air the show without seeing clips of it or reminders or having hours and hours of it when normal programmes get kicked off the schedule for it. It's plain irritating.

Neteru
10-05-09, 05:56
I don't think you have grounds to complain at all really. So you [people generally] say it's in magazines and newspapers etc. Oh, you mean those aspects of media which are just as much pap as you think Big Brother is. You know, those aspects of media which are dripping with celebrity gossip and such like. The things which tell you to be terrified of another kind of flu which you're not at all likely to get anyway, but lap up that dread and terror, it keeps you just where they want you. And bathe in the murky waters of terrorists are everywhere because that's legitimate television and newspaper/magazine fodder right?

TRhalloween
10-05-09, 19:23
It's on the news and in newspapers, not just trashy magazines like Heat. It happens to cause some sort of controversy every year. It's a general annoyance for the people who want to hear real news. The only thing that's really keeping it going is it's popularity for the people who want to see people argue constantly over the food they have been deprived of. It isn't a necessary part of civilisation yet it has to intrude it's hairy butt into head-lines. People who don't like Big Brother have to put up with this nonsense at least twice every year (they have Celebrity Big Brother too).

I think I'm on the losing side of the argument but I just want to express the way I feel :o

Rai
10-05-09, 19:28
It's on the news and in newspapers, not just trashy magazines like Heat. It happens to cause some sort of controversy every year. It's a general annoyance for the people who want to hear real news. The only thing that's really keeping it going is it's popularity for the people who want to see people argue constantly over the food they have been deprived of. It isn't a necessary part of civilisation yet it has to intrude it's hairy butt into head-lines. People who don't like Big Brother have to put up with this nonsense at least twice every year (they have Celebrity Big Brother too).

I think I'm on the losing side of the argument but I just want to express the way I feel :o

You an me both, but we'll stick to our guns. :p

Nenya awakens
10-05-09, 19:39
I've stopped watching the main show and i only watch The celebrity edition.

i couldnt care less if it stays or goes really! if i dont want to watch it just wont!

Neteru
11-05-09, 09:48
Of course you're welcome to your view. I'm just trying to point out some things.

It's a general annoyance for the people who want to hear real news.

And that is my point. The fodder you see on TV is not real news at all. It's propaganda. Newspapers too. If you're going to complain about tripe on TV, direct your ire in the right way.

igonge
11-05-09, 12:07
Good Riddance!
I CAN'T STAND that show!

Ilie_Fusarau
11-05-09, 12:11
Good Riddance!
I CAN'T STAND that show!
:):hug::tmb:

disneyprincess20
11-05-09, 12:12
I'm happy it's going because I like some of the shows on Channel 4 and E4 that get bumped off every summer to allow for endless hours of BB. If the Channel 4 group limited BB to just one of it's channels I would be happy, but they spread it across almost all their channels making it hard for regular viewers to see little else. If the death of BB means the Channel 4 group can show some different shows over the summer, I'm happy.

digitizedboy
11-05-09, 13:20
*celebrates*

trXD
11-05-09, 13:22
What?........................

http://templars.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/medium_champagne_pop_1136067689.jpg
HOORAY!!!!

No more awful channel 4 drag every year.