PDA

View Full Version : MODIS: Dust storms in South Australia

tlr online
02-11-03, 04:54
Fierce winds whipped across southern Australia on October 28, 2003, scouring dust from the rocky desert terrain of South Australia and spreading it out over New South Wales and on to the Tasman Sea. This true-color Aqua MODIS image pictures northeastern South Australia where there are three separate streams of dust blowing eastward.

At top left, dust blows over the dry Lake Eyre lake bed. In image center, dust blows over the southern part of the Sturt-Stony Desert, which lies northeast of the dark, sinuous ripples of the Flinders Ranges (left of center). A reddish plume of dust runs along the bottom right of the scene, stretching out over the Darling River. Just east of the area pictured here, severe wind damage was reported in the town of Broken Hill, New South Wales. Trees were uprooted and roofs were ripped off homes by the strong winds that also blew the dust out to sea.

http://modis.gsfc.nasa.gov/gallery/images/image11012003_md.jpg

groovy_nub
02-11-03, 05:01
This is off topic..nice pic though..

TLR can I send you a pic so I can put it in my profile, my hosting site has been a real pain in the ass..

~Kas

tlr online
02-11-03, 05:08
Yup. Send away. You have my email address?

groovy_nub
02-11-03, 05:15
I did not wait for your response..I already sent it...sorry, but I am bored and impatient :D

I sent it to the support desk email addy, hope that is the right one, because I would be really embarassed if it was not..

~Kas

tlr online
02-11-03, 05:20
Received, uploaded and replied with image URL. Have fun!

groovy_nub
02-11-03, 05:21
Thanks!

What do you think, I am very a very sexy woman..or man :D

~Kas

laracroft8290
02-11-03, 05:24
I like your picture groovy_nub :D

groovy_nub
02-11-03, 05:26
Thank you, everyone always wondered what happened to Wonder Woman, well..there she is :D

~Kas

Isabella
02-11-03, 05:43
lol!

Kasia that's hilarious!

groovy_nub
02-11-03, 05:55
Hehehe, I know :D

Somone sent it to my boyfriend, and he showed it to me, I was like OMG I have to put that on the forum, I just hope people do not really think it is me :eek:

~Kas