PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider 1 (Win XP) - "Ugly"/blurry cutscenes

Isa_Love_Anime
13-05-09, 19:59
Hey people ^^

I recently bough the original TR PC game for my mother's birthday :3 We installed everything we needed to make it run on Windows XP, and we got Glidos to make the in-game graphics look better (but not the Xtra textures). Still, all the cutscenes (including the intro video) look blurry :( We fixed the corrupted colors problem when we configurated (?) dgVoodoo and got Glidos, and although the cutscenes look MUCH better now, I'm still not satisfied... >_<' I'm almost SURE there's a way of fixing it, otherwise how there could be such high-quality TR1 cutscene videos on YouTube?

I don't have any image to show now, but I installed it on my mother's computer, but I think I'll take a screenshot of it to show you... ^^' If someone knows any way to make the quality better, please tell me! But IF there's no way to fix it, it's okay, I won't die and neither my mom will be less excited to play the game :D

Thanks in advance!

EscondeR
14-05-09, 22:11
No way, sorry. The PC version has only those interlaced videos (I persume you mean videos/FMVs as cutscenes must be of the same quality the in-game graphics is).

Isa_Love_Anime
15-05-09, 17:47
Hmm, yeah, that's what I wanted ._. Still, I don't understand why, the in game graphics look so good with Glidos... And the cutscenes don't >_<'

Is there a way to "replace" the game FMV's with a high quality downloaded video? XD (OMG, I don't that's possible... Why am I even asking? :ton: )

But, I understand. I just wanted my mom to see the cutscenes properly ^_^'

VictorXD
15-05-09, 21:38
My cutscenes in TRC are n a very good quality, do you know why on Earth is tha happening???

Sega Saturn
15-05-09, 23:16
FMVs are in Escape format, so that ugly lines can't be fixed. Same thing for Tomb Raider II and III because they use Escape as well. Replacing the videos would be no good, since it would give the same result. :)
Unless your playing the PlayStation version, the videos are in awesome quality. Probably the videos you see in YouTube are extracted from PlayStation version.

@VictorXD - Tomb Raider: Last Revelation and Tomb Raider: Chronicles use Bink Video format, so they're more crystal clear. :)

VictorXD
16-05-09, 16:18
OOOhhhhhhh! I did knew that thx!:) BTW the bad thing about PC version are the FMVs quality, and PS are the graphics, its imprecive:hea:

Sega Saturn
16-05-09, 16:37
OOOhhhhhhh! I did knew that thx!:) BTW the bad thing about PC version are the FMVs quality, and PS are the graphics, its imprecive:hea:

:D PlayStation was more capable than most of PCs of 1996. :p