PDA

View Full Version : How to write my name

Tyrannosaurus
16-05-09, 22:24
Tyrannosaurus rex.

As in all cases of binomial nomenclature, you capitalize the genus name, never the species name. And there is no plural form, therefore you may enounter a single Tyrannosaurus or a pack of Tyrannosaurus, but not "Tyrannosauruses," "Tyrannosauri," or "Tyrannosaurus rexes."

Of course, if you refer to other members of my family but not necessarily my genus (i.e. Daspletosaurus, Albertosaurus, etc.) we are collectively called Tyrannosauridae, or tyrannosaurs.

And now for a note about abbreviation. The Genus name is abbreviated with a period, not a dash, and the species name is never, ever capitalized. So that would be T. rex, not T. Rex or T-Rex. Similarly, your and your kind are H. sapiens if we wanted to abbreviate and not H-Sapiens, get it?

Having written this all now, I will trust all of you to commit it to memory. If not, I will find your real address, visit your house, and murder you. This message brought to you by the Cretaceous God-King.

Origonal
16-05-09, 22:29
Okay...i didn't get any of that! lol :)

Sorri, just...those r looooooong words! lol :D

Rai
16-05-09, 22:31
I had a witty reply prepared as I read this, but now I'm just scared. Yes, Mr Tyrannosaurus, Sir.

*hides* :p

TRhalloween
16-05-09, 22:34
I'll keep it in mind ;)

But you can't murder me because >I'm a ninja and you're a silly dinosaur<

LaraRules81
16-05-09, 22:39
That was interesting! Ok Mr T. rex :D

Now please don't kill me ;)

Explorer
16-05-09, 22:41
I hadn't realized that dinosaurs had evolved intelligence on that scale :eek:

Sounds very Dinotopia to me ...

Origonal
16-05-09, 22:44
I hadn't realized that dinosaurs had evolved intelligence on that scale :eek:

Sounds very Dinotopia to me ... HaHa! :D lol

Angelus
16-05-09, 22:45
http://i43.************/20koig9.gif

Lemmie
16-05-09, 22:46
I just got an image of a peeved Tyrannosaurus wearing spectacles, typing this out on a keyboard (with some difficulty because of their ridiculously small forelegs).

Very informative however! :tmb:

Neteru
16-05-09, 23:08
Like this really required a thread.

Anyway, to save further spam, closed.