PDA

View Full Version : Jacko delayed til 2010!!

jaywalker
20-05-09, 16:24
Just had word that Michael Jackson's concerts due to start in July (when we had tickets) has been delayed a few days for first day ticket holders, but months for those on the next 3 nights.

Not a happy bunny, since the reason given is to allow the show to be amazing, but really i reckon this swine flu malarkey has meant he's not travelled so not rehearsed so no progress made..

SIGH

Chocola teapot
20-05-09, 16:34
Thats very upsetting especially for you jacko fans.
:(

Cloe Christina
20-05-09, 16:44
people have been waiting long time for that....damn swine flu.....

Origonal
20-05-09, 16:59
I don't lyk Jacko...he is scary!

But he was gorjust b4 x :D

stranger1992
20-05-09, 17:05
Source?

Punaxe
20-05-09, 17:08
Thats very upsetting especially for you jacko fans.
:(

In fact, it is probably upsetting only for Jacko fans. :p

jaywalker
20-05-09, 17:14
Whats worse it now appears only first few dates are affected.. Start only delayed a week BUT everyone in that week pushed to END of queue.. am FUMING

Source?

Email from ticketmaster telling me so.. oh its now on BBC news too http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8060282.stm

Angelus
20-05-09, 17:40
At least now he can concentrate on making those shows better than the others! :tmb:

jaywalker
20-05-09, 18:08
At least now he can concentrate on making those shows better than the others! :tmb:

So forget the 80,000 people hes just let down in such a MASSIVE way :(

Lara Fan 4Life
20-05-09, 19:13
I'm glad he is making a comeback, but this delayed must be devastating for the Jacko fans who where going to his tour. :( I'll probably get some hate mail for this, but I didn't think he was ready for a comeback so soon anyways.

MattTR
20-05-09, 19:14
What ever is he doing in his extra spare time? :pi:

I'm not a bit disappointed. :p

Titanium
20-05-09, 19:31
Thats too bad. :(

I do hope they air one of his concerts on television though, or at least release a dvd for the people who are not going. :)

RockSteady101
20-05-09, 21:49
In the interest of avoiding confusion, it is only the first four dates that have been rescheduled...not the whole of July.

This is very, very dissapointing to fans (more so for those flying from overseas) that are attending the first four shows. my tickets are already for one of the the 2010 dates (Feb 16th) so I'm not affected whatsoever thank god! ;)

Now that I think of it, this is REALLY bad...so many people (mostly touts) have sold tickets on eBay and that and now they'll have to deal with a wave of remailing tickets and rearranging payments, it's gaurenteed a few thousand people are ultimately going to be ripped off for what was probably a very overpriced resale total...again, thank god I got my tickets officially from TicketMaster. :)

Official announcement from MichaelJacksonLive.
Due to the sheer magnitude of the “This Is It” concerts at The O2 arena promoters and producers AEG Live and Kenny Ortega, Michael’s directorial partner and creative collaborator have elected to move back a few of the opening shows in order to meet the challenges presented by such a massive and technically complex show.

Organisers are determined that all Michael’s legions of fans attending the opening nights get to experience the same high quality staging that is planned for all of the spectacular shows. Only the four shows listed here are affected:

8th July will take place on 13th July 2009
10th July will be moved to 1st March 2010
12th July will be moved to 3rd March 2010
14th July will be moved to 6th March 2010

Randy Phillips, President and CEO, AEG Live added, “Kenny and Michael are, at the same time, both creative pioneers and perfectionists. This show has grown in size and scope, thereby, necessitating more lead time for manufacture of the set, programming the content for the massive video elements, and, most importantly, more time for full production and dress rehearsals in the world’s busiest arena, the O2. As much as we agonized over this change in the original schedule, we are sure the fans will understand when they experience the level of entertainment Michael Jackson intends to deliver while also ensuring the safety of the musicians, cast and crew and the crisp execution of the production. It is AEG Live’s sincere hope that those lucky enough to have purchased tickets will have enough time to change their personal schedules and travel plans if they are coming from outside of London. We do not want anyone to miss this once-in-a-lifetime experience.”

I'd better inform our own Jo269976 of this, he was going to the July 8th (now 13th) show, hope he doesn't miss out. :(

Lee croft
20-05-09, 21:51
Just had word that Michael Jackson's concerts due to start in July (when we had tickets) is now delayed til MARCH 2010!!!

Not a happy bunny, since the reason given is to allow the show to be amazing, but really i reckon this swine flu malarkey has meant he's not travelled so not rehearsed so no progress made..

SIGH

i thought it was because he had skin cancer

Love2Raid
20-05-09, 21:52
Oh no...:(

Oh well, I don't have a ticket anyway. :p

Strange that the first concert is delayed just a few days and the other 3 almost a year..:confused:

Nah, why is the first one delayed just a few days then? Besides, the type of cancer he has won't kill him. :)

Lee croft
20-05-09, 21:56

Strange that the first concert is delayed just a few days and the other 3 almost a year..:confused:

Nah, why is the first one delayed just a few days then? Besides, the type of cancer he has won't kill him. :)
skin cancer dont kill people ?? what does it do to them??

RockSteady101
20-05-09, 21:58

Rumour, just like nearly everything said about Michael. :)

Well the O2 isn't just Michael's personal venue and that was the closest date he could reschedule to, others perform in the arena aswell and perhaps he just decided to move the remaining three to available dates next year, who knows...but there is nothing strange about it at all. AGAIN, he doesn't have skin cancer, just an MRSA related bug.

Off topic. :wve:

Love2Raid
20-05-09, 22:00

Not all types are equally malignant. Some types grow only locally, so when you remove them well you will be fine. Others don't only grow locally but have a tendency to spread to other organs really fast (melanoma), so those are the bad and potentially lethal ones. To be honest I am not sure what type he has, but I read somewhere he would be just fine, so nothing to worry about. :)

Edit: Okay, we don't even know if he has cancer....:o

RockSteady101
20-05-09, 22:02
Edit: Okay, we don't even know if he has cancer....:o

We do know, he doesn't have it. :)

Love2Raid
20-05-09, 22:03
We do know, he doesn't have it. :)

Okay, that's great news. :tmb:

Now back on topic..:pi:

Lee croft
20-05-09, 22:04
i read it in the news paper a few days ago it said on the front he did also it was that same new paper i read my star sign saying love is in a pizza resturant the last time i went to a pizza restruant was 2005!!!

Orionvalentine
20-05-09, 22:10
What the fugging fack!? MY date was the 8th of July, why does this have to happen on MY date!? :(

I am really unhappy now, really.

Draco
20-05-09, 22:18
He hasn't died of some extraordinarily rare disease yet?

I never win bets. :(

RockSteady101
20-05-09, 22:24
i read it in the news paper a few days ago it said on the front he did also it was that same new paper i read my star sign saying love is in a pizza resturant the last time i went to a pizza restruant was 2005!!!

Fail.

Angelus
20-05-09, 23:10
RockSteady, has something crawled up your arse?

Super Badnik
21-05-09, 00:30
2010!!! I knew he had been delayed, but i had no idea it was for that long. I thought it was just for a month or so! Shame for everyone who had tickets, they're gonna have to wait a whole year.

stranger1992
21-05-09, 00:38
So..has a few July dates been shifted around for March 2010 but the rest of the dates (from August-October) still ok?

jaywalker
21-05-09, 08:00
So..has a few July dates been shifted around for March 2010 but the rest of the dates (from August-October) still ok?

Yeh only first 4 nights affected, everyone else will get a show.

I personally never expected him to do into August, so being told my July ticket is now MARCH has truly ticked me off. i expect he'll have given up by then :(

scoopy_loopy
21-05-09, 08:06

:D

Another Lara
21-05-09, 08:11
Yeh only first 4 nights affected, everyone else will get a show.

I personally never expected him to do into August, so being told my July ticket is now MARCH has truly ticked me off. i expect he'll have given up by then :(

And I've just heard from an anonymous source (colleague at work who has a relative who works at the O2) that this is just the beginning... he is actually going to move a total of 25 dates!!!

This apparently in order for him to have more breaks between shows so he can last all 50 dates!

But like I said to you sweety, please don't get upset, worst case scenario we get our money back! :hug:

jaywalker
21-05-09, 08:12
And I've just heard from an anonymous source (colleague at work who has a relative who works at the O2) that this is just the beginning... he is actually going to move a total of 25 dates!!!

This apparently in order for him to have more breaks between shows so he can last all 50 dates!

But like I said to you sweety, please don't get upset, worst case scenario we get our money back! :hug:

I not upset hon i promise.. just ticked off how its been handled. :) Coming from a guy who works for a company famous for delaying things ;) am used to it heh

Bonez
21-05-09, 08:16
Strange how there seems to be this space in the calender March 2010? I'm sure the 02 book concerts way way in advance!

:vlol:

To be fair, he doesn't have skin cancer. :p

lararoxs
21-05-09, 09:47
Incase anyone is interested, It is NOT health related.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8060805.stm

Spong
21-05-09, 13:22
I'm glad he is making a comeback, but this delayed must be devastating for the Jacko fans...

Comeback? You must have your wires crossed. This is his swan song (and I use that term very loosely).
I feel sorry for the Jacko fans who've forked out for tickets and have had the carpet pulled out from under them. That's how much Jacko gives a **** about you guys. He just wants your money to recoup all he's lost in the last few years.

Orionvalentine
21-05-09, 15:44
So can I just clarify something? I had ordered the tickets for 8th July, will I be waiting til 2010?

Larapink
21-05-09, 16:56
Aww that's sad news..:(

Well atleast some people might be able to buy some more tickets.

Smooth Criminal, Beat it and Billie Jean are my favorite Michael Jackson songs! :D

RockSteady101
23-05-09, 01:23

LMFAO! No, even I think I sounded mean and I don't know why. :p

It's just all week people refuse to believe that MJ is well and that the rescheduling has been done for some consipiracy reason...It just sucks for Michael. :(

That, and the pizza thing Lee said just made me lol. :D

Sorry Lee, I mean no harm. :hug:

So can I just clarify something? I had ordered the tickets for 8th July, will I be waiting til 2010?

No, your date is now the on 12th of July! :D

My god, I bet the first date will be bloody AMAZING, I can't wait for February! :jmp: