PDA

View Full Version : If YOU could change your nationality...

TRULuverzz
21-05-09, 21:23
If you could change your nationality what would you be?

I'd be italian, american and australian :D

Tony9595
21-05-09, 21:25
IŽd love to be a japanese guy :D

But to be honest, I really like to be a mexican :). I love my country :D

Punaxe
21-05-09, 21:25
Do you mean heritage/descend? You can't have half a nationality. :p Either way, I'm absolutely fine being of (mostly) Dutch descend and being Dutch. :p

Changeling
21-05-09, 21:26
Meh, I like being Scottish, I admire my northern accent :p

I'd probably be Irish or Welsh... or American... or Spanish... I can't decide.

Dina_Croft
21-05-09, 21:28
half american and half greek...now i'm greek...muh...

violentblossom
21-05-09, 21:29
I like being American, but i also would love a European accent.

Ward Dragon
I'd be from Mars :pi:

tomblover
I'm fine being Swedish. :) Even though I'm extremely anti-patriotic! :vlol:

Lara's Nemesis
I've always had a soft spot for Australia.

54TCQrK0b5k

CerebralAssassin
21-05-09, 21:34
half american and half greek...now i'm greek...muh...

I'm both!!:ton:

Marianna12
21-05-09, 21:34
AMERICAN for sure!:D

TTV
21-05-09, 21:37
ENGLISH! I'd love and English accent. ♥ *Wishful sigh*

Johnnay
21-05-09, 21:37
Greek, Italian, American you name it

violentblossom
21-05-09, 21:38
Can i ask an honest question..? Why does anyone want to be American? :p

toxicraider
21-05-09, 21:39
Portuguese, Greek, Italian or Japanese, pretty much anything!

pneboy
21-05-09, 21:42
kryptonian?

TTV
21-05-09, 21:43

Yeah, why does anyone want to be American?!

Forwen
21-05-09, 21:44

I don't :D

Changeling
21-05-09, 21:44

I honestly don't know. It's seksy. :p

Dina_Croft
21-05-09, 21:45
I'm both!!:ton:

...you *****:hea:!lol:ton:

croft94
21-05-09, 21:46
I'd love to be English, love the accent <3

Nerd For Life
21-05-09, 21:48
English.

violentblossom
I honestly don't know. It's seksy. :p

:vlol: well, that works, i suppose.

anyone else?

VonCroy360
I'm fine being Croatian. I would love to live somewhere else, but I don't see my nationality as something that really affects my life.

Croft, Lara
21-05-09, 21:49
I'd be Irish! Hands down they have the best accent in the world!!!

Second is 1930's New York! :jmp:

CharlotteCroft
21-05-09, 21:51
I like to be German, but it's hard to live with all these prejudices some people have about Germany... :/
I'd like to be Dutch. :D

takamotosan
21-05-09, 21:53
I'd wanna be korean.

cuz they're pretty and they have amazing hair :)

Ward Dragon
21-05-09, 21:54
I like to be German, but it's hard to live with all these prejudices some people have about Germany... :/

No matter where you're from, there are always going to be people who are prejudiced against it. Don't let that make you feel bad for who you are :)

Punaxe
21-05-09, 21:55
I'd like to be Dutch. :D

Great choice :D

I could use being German today though, I have my aims set at going to a German university...

Marianna12
21-05-09, 22:10

Because I think americans are cool!:D

Melonie Tomb Raider
21-05-09, 22:16
If could change it, I'd be Japanese, but I love being Native American. :D So I'd rather not change it. :p

violentblossom
21-05-09, 22:22
If could change it, I'd be Japanese, but I love being Native American. :D So I'd rather not change it. :p

what tribe? Josh is Apache. :D

Squibbly
21-05-09, 22:26
I'm actually not sure I would. I'm okay with what I am (Canadian of mostly Scottish descent - with a little Irish and English).

Melonie Tomb Raider
21-05-09, 22:26
I've got a bunch of different tribes, at least three, but I'm pretty sure more than that.

Cherokee is one of them, and I'm almost certain Apache as well, but I'm not sure on that one, and I also don't know any of the other tribes. I need to look into that more :p

Elmer
21-05-09, 22:30

I don't explicitly want to be American:p (Not that I would hate it if I was American.)
I would like to speak fluently English though:)
I'd feel really free if I could, most of the language barrieres would be gone for me!

Melonie Tomb Raider
21-05-09, 22:33

If I wasn't American I'd want to be. We're awesome. :D

Of course everyone else is awesome as well, but I love America, and I'm glad I was born here. :) *tear*

violentblossom
21-05-09, 22:35
I've got a bunch of different tribes, at least three, but I'm pretty sure more than that.

Cherokee is one of them, and I'm almost certain Apache as well, but I'm not sure on that one, and I also don't know any of the other tribes. I need to look into that more :p

Maybe you're a distant relative of Josh's! :D

I don't explicitly want to be American:p (Not that I would hate it if I was American.)
I would like to speak fluently English though:)
I'd feel really free if I could, most of the language barrieres would be gone for me!

You speak English quite well, i think.

Of course everyone else is awesome as well, but I love America, and I'm glad I was born here. :) *tear*

Oh, i know what you mean, i love my country. :hug:

Melonie Tomb Raider
21-05-09, 22:36
Maybe so. :D But who is Josh? lol :vlol:

EgyptianSoul
21-05-09, 22:43
I'd like to be Asian. Because of the cultures and the fact that I find Asian people beautiful.

Now I'm mixed karelian / finnish / swedish.

Obscure
21-05-09, 22:47
I don't think I'd want to... I like being English!
Tally-ho!

violentblossom
21-05-09, 22:54
Maybe so. :D But who is Josh? lol :vlol:

LOL, sorry, i just automatically assume that people know his name. :o

he's my fiancee.

Sir Croft
21-05-09, 23:05
Either American or Brittish.

tampi
21-05-09, 23:13
Caiman Islands :ton:

TRfan23
21-05-09, 23:48
0.25 = 25% Irish
0.25 = 25% German
0.25 = 25% English
0.25 = 25% Chinese

:D

I.G.E.C

I Give Elephants Carrots ;)

Fdx Croft
21-05-09, 23:54
I don't care much about my nacionality, I'm happy being from Argentina, but I'd like to live in another country... that's for sure :p

oocladableeblah
21-05-09, 23:55
British.

Aphrodite22
22-05-09, 00:05
kryptonian?

second that.

american or english

Super Badnik
22-05-09, 00:07
I wouldn't want to change my nationality. Ok, so maybe England isn't as beautiful as other countries and we have a growing population of chavs, but i guess it's just an identity thing:D

Sir Croft
22-05-09, 00:12

I don't know, I've always had this weird passion towards the US, since I was a little child. :p

Twilight
22-05-09, 06:06
i'd probably add Asian to the bunch, but i already look Asian so it doesn't really matter :P

Kiss-Bite
22-05-09, 06:26
I'm very happy of course being English. I've always loved the French accent & culture so that would be on my list if I had to make a choice.:) There are many cultures & places I'm interested in but they are interesting to me because I'm foreign to it.:D

Ikas90
22-05-09, 06:55
If you mean by Nationality, I am proud to be Australian.

If you mean by heritage, I'd choose to be Ancient Greek, instead of a mixture of Turkish/Arabian/Persian/Libyan/Kuwaiti/Iranian/Lebanese/Syrian/Omanian/Bahrainian/Paki/Indian :)

Another Lara
22-05-09, 07:58
If you mean by heritage, I'd choose to be Ancient Greek, instead of a mixture of Turkish/Arabian/Persian/Libyan/Kuwaiti/Iranian/Lebanese/Syrian/Omanian/Bahrainian/Paki/Indian :)

I totally agree with you there, I love it when I go to Greece or Italy and get mistaken for a native lol!
I'm not too sure on my complete heritage, but I know it's mainly Anglo Saxon on my dad's side (which is where I get my colouring from) and my mum's side is mainly Celtic (French and Irish) even though they both come from East London... Apparently, according to my dad's mum, we have Italian routes in her family, but I'm not so sure, tis possible!

In terms of Nationality I used to be proud to be English, but considering how awful we must look to other countries, I don't know if I'd prefer to be something different... again maybe Greek or Italian!

Encore
22-05-09, 07:58
I'd love to move to England, Scotland, the US (temporarily) or Germany, the latter being the more dificult because I'm yet to learn the language. :( I wouldn't mind leaving my country forever and changing my nationality because I don't really like it here, the only thing keeping me is my family of course.

spikejones
22-05-09, 08:41
I'd have to be self hating to want to change anything about myself. so... no. I like me for me and wouldn't ever dream of changing anything ;)

ShadyCroft
22-05-09, 08:46
None.

Can i ask an honest question..? Why does anyone want to be American?

The way I see it,
American nationality ----> American citizenship/passport
American passport ------> You can ****ing go to any country in the world :p

scoopy_loopy
22-05-09, 08:54
None.

The way I see it,
American nationality ----> American citizenship/passport
American passport ------> You can ****ing go to any country in the world :p

.... Any western countries passport will get you into any other country (usually) ...

I quite like being Australian, its easier to get working visa's for other countries originally in the British Empire. European countries generally have a soft-spot for Australian Citizens aswell as the US and Japan.

I wouldnt mind have an unlimited Visa to every-country though; I could go anywhere, for any purpose, for an indisclosed amount of time :D

Although, if I was going to say anything against Australia - it would be its remoteness. It served us well in both World Wars (and it'll probably keep us away from any impending nuclear wars :tea: ) but it does make travel much more stressful, time consuming and expensive!

Chocola teapot
22-05-09, 08:55
Hawaiian/ Greek. :D

Punaxe
22-05-09, 08:56
.... Any western countries passport will get you into any other country (usually) ...

I quite like being Australian, its easier to get working visa's for other countries originally in the British Empire. European countries generally have a soft-spot for Australian Citizens aswell as the US and Japan.

I wouldnt mind have an unlimited Visa to every-country though; I could go anywhere, for any purpose, for an indisclosed amount of time :D

Australia seems awesome to me as a country in itself, but what I may dislike is how hard it is to get to most other countries. It's so far away. I've been to New Zealand, which was a 24-hour flight, time and money I can't afford a lot...

Thorir
22-05-09, 09:03
English or Japanese, maybe...

scoopy_loopy
22-05-09, 09:05
Australia seems awesome to me as a country in itself, but what I may dislike is how hard it is to get to most other countries. It's so far away. I've been to New Zealand, which was a 24-hour flight, time and money I can't afford a lot...

Yeah my point exactly :p

Apart from that its really quite a nice place, Ive been told by quite a few exchange students at uni (we're almost overwhelmed by American's taking gap years :tea: ) that we're really tolerant and dont care about 'trivial' things so much, like they do in the US. Less discrimination against other cultures/races/religions (although generally Australians dislike religion, and religious "zealots")

Hm, people are going into their heritage. Im not sure what Id change about mine. One side of my family was originally from England, before migrating to British India before finally settling in Australia in the 18th century. The other side is French/British.

Sharon_14
22-05-09, 09:05
I'd be anything really, not that I'm not proud of me being Israeli, all the other countrys seem so intersting, but that's probably because I don't live there, Japan's teh awesomeness though.

Legend Killer
22-05-09, 10:24

Pretty much sums it up for me. :tmb:

I wouldn't mind spending some time in Italy though. :)

sandygrimm
22-05-09, 10:26
Australian, Irish or German

Archetype
22-05-09, 10:31
Don't really care about nationality, I'm not very 'english' anyway.. too much foreign ethnicity :p

Dennis's Mom
22-05-09, 12:36

Because it's the only way you can also be a Texan! ;)

I'd probably want to be Japanese and live on the street in Asakusabashi station. *thinks* Although they probably don't have street people in Tokyo. :confused:

Psychos'Я'Us
22-05-09, 12:38
Martian =] That would be so totally kick-ass dude! :jmp:

]{eith
22-05-09, 12:39
I wouldn't. I know, I'm boring - but I'm too proud of being Irish. :p

Vinkula
22-05-09, 13:19
Spanish boy ;)

dexter void
22-05-09, 13:25
i wish i was Scottish! :(

rowanlim
22-05-09, 13:28
I'd be a richer Malaysian :pi:

LaraCroftRox
22-05-09, 13:28
{eith;3667567']I wouldn't. I know, I'm boring - but I'm too proud of being Irish. :p

Same. ;)

If I HAD to change it though, I'd be half Irish, half Russian. (But living in England :whi:)

Such a weird combination. :vlol:

Vinkula
22-05-09, 13:42
I am half Finnish and half italian :)
My mother is italian and dad is finnish :D But my languages are Finnish and Spanish :D

digitizedboy
22-05-09, 14:17
I'm half Irish, and I wouldn't change it for the world. :p

scoopy_loopy
22-05-09, 14:41
Same. ;)

If I HAD to change it though, I'd be half Irish, half Russian. (But living in England :whi:)

Such a weird combination. :vlol:

Having Russian heritage is hot... their accents are unbelievable :cln:

Atlantisfreak666
22-05-09, 15:10
I want to be Japanese.

Dustie
22-05-09, 15:40
Then I'd choose to be American. A regular, white caucasian male. So that I could have American citizenship and generally live in America. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a worshipper, but there seems to be less bias towards people with an american passport in the world that there is towards people of any other nationality. Maybe excluding when you go to Middle East, that is...

nickless
22-05-09, 15:46

:tmb:

thats the reason i'd love to be british :D (even the name is cool) and the accent :cln: and an english guy stands up much more to me than an american.i dunno maybe because there are SO MANY americans :p and maybe i want to be british now even more after my english teacher was changed and he's a complete idiot :pi: he 'teaches' us american english but we began to study british english from the beginning!!!!!!he's bulgarian though :p

i like my nationality it's just i hate that guy :mad:

Cheenie
22-05-09, 15:58
45% German 45% Polish and 10% Japanese. I <3 Central Europe and Japan, but I doubt that combo is gonna happen >.<;

*laralover*
22-05-09, 16:12

:vlol:

Well i like being Scottish :D but id say Japanese since as i love the whole culture/language and i practicly eat asian food all the time...:vlol:

Rileigh
22-05-09, 16:13
I dunno. I would have liked to be Czech...or maybe Swedish.
I'm not that bothered, does changing your nationality mean the same as changing countries where you live??

Larapink
22-05-09, 16:14
If I wasn't my nationality, I think I would be Italian because I eat thier food a lot. :D

TRULuverzz
22-05-09, 17:31
Because I think americans are cool!:D

me too!
to be honest i am of american, french and egyptian descent :D
but to be also italian rather than egyptian would rock!

CuteKittenlol
22-05-09, 17:46
I'd like to be Japanese, because Asian women are always so pretty :p That and i'd love to speak the language. But im good being English XD

TRULuverzz
22-05-09, 19:00
i used to have an obsession with japanese culture, i still do but i don't want to be japanese xD

KC Mraz
22-05-09, 19:01
I don't think I'd change it, both in nationality and heritage :).

:vlol:!

Immortalis08
22-05-09, 19:01
I am actually quite happy being a hybrid. I cannot imagine being anything else.

Minty Mouth
22-05-09, 19:02
I dont think I would.

Yeah I'm boring aren't I :p

competer4
22-05-09, 19:28
Ugh..I wish i was from UK :tea:

Mad Tony
22-05-09, 19:29
I wouldn't mind being Canadian, Australian*, American or Swiss. Although I'm quite happy being British and if I weren't British I know British would probably be on that list :)

* My Dad is an Australian citizen so I can get my Australian passport and become an Australian citizen whenever I like. I don't think I even have to go out there, all I have to do is fill out some form. :p

Larapink
22-05-09, 19:56
I'd like to be Japanese, because Asian women are always so pretty :p That and i'd love to speak the language. But im good being English XD
I hope you don't just mean the genrealised term for "Asian" that being only Chinese and Japanese look a little bit to the west outside of those countries. :p

Legends
22-05-09, 20:01
Latin American, or Spanish.

Hermina94
22-05-09, 21:36
french <3
but im happy just being serbian

Tombraiderx08
22-05-09, 21:46
Im british irish welsh scottish german dutch american cherokee and powhattan, id like to be french too :D

Nerd For Life
22-05-09, 22:35
I wouldn't mind leaving my country forever and changing my nationality because I don't really like it here, the only thing keeping me is my family of course.

Yep, same here.

tombraiderluka
22-05-09, 22:35
When I was younger I wanted to be American, but now.. meh I don't know.. I would probably change my nationality cause of the travel visa, other than that, i wouldn't change it :D

oreo
22-05-09, 22:39
japanese :)

digitizedboy
22-05-09, 22:45
If I wasn't my nationality, I think I would be Italian because I eat thier food a lot. :D

ahah yeah, Italian food is great. LOL that would be 1 reason why I would change nationality because British cuisine is boring. :D

LaraLuvrrr
22-05-09, 22:48
I think I would wanna be French. Or Russian. No I think French :D

Squibbly
22-05-09, 22:59
Wow, am I the only person who doesn't want to change their nationality? I'm super okay with being Scottish-Canadian. :D

Indiana Croft
23-05-09, 00:45
I love being the way I am. Half-black, half-white. But if I had to chose, I'd like to be half-japanese or half-hindu and half-white. I just love those cultures, and with the half white i won't be too dark but not white either. I'd hate being fully white. They burn to easy lol. And fully black I wouldn't show up in a picture :vlol: I can say those things as I am biracially black and white (ha ha lol)

Angelus
23-05-09, 00:52
I love being the way I am. Half-black, half-white. But if I had to chose, I'd like to be half-japanese or half-hindu and half-white. I just love those cultures, and with the half white i won't be too dark but not white either. I'd hate being fully white. They burn to easy lol. And fully black I wouldn't show up in a picture :vlol: I can say those things as I am biracially black and white (ha ha lol)

That's like saying "I'm white so I can call other white people a honkie."

violentblossom
23-05-09, 01:14

:rolleyes:

*sigh*

Encore
23-05-09, 01:17
I thought this thread was about nationality and not ethnicity...

nationality - the status of belonging to a particular nation, whether by birth or naturalization: the nationality of an immigrant.

ethnicity - ethnic traits, background, allegiance, or association.

MiCkiZ88
23-05-09, 09:01
I thought this thread was about nationality and not ethnicity...
People seem to confuse that a lot.

I dont know which nationality I want to be really. I go with the flow and I don't think I'll stay in the Netherlands for the rest of my life. Already moved from Finland to here and I think in few years I will move elsewhere.

Maybe somewhere on the coast of Med sea.

There is one country I did fall in love though, but not sure if it's an wise choice to move there.. Egypt being the place.

TRULuverzz
23-05-09, 09:11

I'm in love with Italian food!!!
most of the food i cook in my GCSE food tech are italian! i just can't resist :rolleyes:

Punaxe
23-05-09, 09:24
People seem to confuse that a lot.

I dont know which nationality I want to be really. I go with the flow and I don't think I'll stay in the Netherlands for the rest of my life. Already moved from Finland to here and I think in few years I will move elsewhere.

Maybe somewhere on the coast of Med sea.

There is one country I did fall in love though, but not sure if it's an wise choice to move there.. Egypt being the place.

Awww what's wrong with the Netherlands? :(

MiCkiZ88
23-05-09, 09:41
Awww what's wrong with the Netherlands? :(Not much really. Just never been my plan to live here forever. As soon as Mitch finishes his schooling we'll move somewhere else. For me this is just suffering atm since I can't do much and I'm not sure I want to learn the language that well if I'm not even planning to live here forever.

Oh well.. I need to do some major planning soon. *sighs*

*dreams of owning the cafe/restaurant at some island in the medsea..*

Your_Envy*
23-05-09, 10:59
I like my nationality, but otherwise I'd love to be Swedish. :)

RAID
23-05-09, 10:59
Greek.

TRULuverzz
23-05-09, 11:11
i've been to the netherlands once! it rocked, and o also have a real-life friend from netherlands called Femke

scoopy_loopy
23-05-09, 12:21
i've been to the netherlands once! it rocked, and o also have a real-life friend from netherlands called Femke

Yeah... the rest of us are unfortunate enough to only have imaginary friends in the Netherlands :tea:

TRULuverzz
23-05-09, 12:58
exactly

Wow, am I the only person who doesn't want to change their nationality? I'm super okay with being Scottish-Canadian. :D

you should be proud your the only one who doesn't want to change your nationality xD

Your_Envy*
23-05-09, 19:23

Hehehe I guess you're not the only one. I love to be Slovenian. :jmp: But if I had to choose another nationality (besides Slovenian) I'd choose Swedish. :)

ajrich17901
23-05-09, 19:28
Id like to be either full Scottish or half, i love there accent and i have alot of scottish friends.

TRULuverzz
23-05-09, 19:32
i used to live in Scotland! and i still wanna live there :(
theres this woman who says i have a scottish accent but others say i have an american accent WHUT THA ****

ajrich17901
23-05-09, 19:38
i used to live in Scotland! and i still wanna live there :(
theres this woman who says i have a scottish accent but others say i have an american accent WHUT THA ****

-__- dont feel bad i hear i have a bunch of accents myself lmao so its not just u.

Smog
23-05-09, 20:15
I'd like to be Icelandic. From what I've heard, they're the most laid-back, carefree people in the world who also enjoy driving massively overpowered dune-buggies up massive glaciers. :cool:

voltz
23-05-09, 20:47
I was just thinking about Canada so I could do trout fishing without showing my passport at the boarder all the time. Also the free healthcare.

Cristina
23-05-09, 20:49
IŽd love to be a japanese :):D

Squibbly
23-05-09, 20:56
I was just thinking about Canada so I could do trout fishing without showing my passport at the boarder all the time. Also the free healthcare.

Free healthcare is pretty awesome over here. :D

Buttt... the waiting times to see a doctor at a clinic or at Emergency in a hospital are pretty sucky. I had to have an MRI done once and I had to wait 7 months for it. Broke my arm another time and was waiting for 6 hours just to see a doctor, let alone the time to get x-rays and a cast.

Just to see your regular family doctor is fine because of scheduled appointments... but if you need to have tests done afterwards, good luck. lol

voltz
23-05-09, 20:58
guess I changed my mind. :)

Indiana Croft
23-05-09, 21:00
That's like saying "I'm white so I can call other white people a honkie."

:rolleyes:

*sigh*

twas a joke, everyone

Biddy
23-05-09, 21:11
Italian or Jamaican. :jmp:

Ward Dragon
23-05-09, 21:16
Free healthcare is pretty awesome over here. :D

Buttt... the waiting times to see a doctor at a clinic or at Emergency in a hospital are pretty sucky. I had to have an MRI done once and I had to wait 7 months for it. Broke my arm another time and was waiting for 6 hours just to see a doctor, let alone the time to get x-rays and a cast.

Just to see your regular family doctor is fine because of scheduled appointments... but if you need to have tests done afterwards, good luck. lol

That really sucks :( Here in the US I needed to have an MRI once and it only took a few days :o

Squibbly
23-05-09, 22:04
That really sucks :( Here in the US I needed to have an MRI once and it only took a few days :o

Yeah, but it's mainly because we have a shortage of doctors, and since health care IS free, there are so many people going to the doctor when they don't actually need to (like for a minor cold or something) so they take a lot of time away from people who DO need to see a doctor.

Ward Dragon
23-05-09, 22:07
Yeah, but it's mainly because we have a shortage of doctors, and since health care IS free, there are so many people going to the doctor when they don't actually need to (like for a minor cold or something) so they take a lot of time away from people who DO need to see a doctor.

I see :( With my insurance I have a small copay, so I have to pay $20 whenever I go to the doctor. It's not that much, but it's enough to deter people from going without a good reason.

robm_2007
23-05-09, 22:56
If you could change your nationality what would you be?

I'd be half italian and half american :D

i think you mean Ethnicity. nationality, is the nation that you are a citizen of.
ethnicity is where you ancestors came from.

im 3/4 italian, 1/4 mexican; but if i were to change my nationality, i would like to live in England or Russia.

as for ethnicity, if i had to choose, i would like to be:

1/2 Australian
1/4 Russian
1/4 Italian

Origonal
23-05-09, 23:04
I'm not sure i'd want 2 but if i did...i think i'd try....Austrailian(if it's spelt right lol)

I love the accent x :)

jackles
23-05-09, 23:05
I like being english. :)

sheepydee
23-05-09, 23:09
And i like being scottish :D :D :D couldnt choose any other Nationality :D

VictorXD
23-05-09, 23:37
Oh! Easy, I would be English, I LOVE the British culture, so many nice people:)

TRULuverzz
24-05-09, 01:11
Oh! Easy, I would be English, I LOVE the British culture, so many nice people:)

since i lived in the UK for years there are really horrible people there :mad:
very unsatisfactory!

Zebra
24-05-09, 01:18
I don't know...British maybe :p? I have no idea...

t. A. T. u.
24-05-09, 05:17
I wanna be Moonish!!! Or from the Floating Islands!!!

Tear
24-05-09, 05:39
I often feel like I should have been born a European. (British, to be specific)
I feel embarrassed to be an American sometimes.

TRULuverzz
24-05-09, 10:12
^ :yik: don't be!!! you are like one of the coolest ppl in the world :D

Mad Tony
24-05-09, 11:38
very unsatisfactory!There are really horrible people everywhere. Get used to it.

trXD
24-05-09, 12:44
very unsatisfactory!

There are horrible people all over the world. It dosent make sense to say "people in england are horrible" or "people in england are wonderful" because everyone is an individual. You would have to find everyone in england, rate them on a scale from 1 to 100, then find the percentage of good/bad ratio to be able to call england's people anything. Same goes for everywhere else.

LaraLuvrrr
24-05-09, 14:32
I often feel like I should have been born a European. (British, to be specific)
I feel embarrassed to be an American sometimes.

I feel that way too sumtimes

^ :yik: don't be!!! you are like one of the coolest ppl in the world :D

It's funny you say this because I find alot of Brits and Europeans see Americans as like the center of fashion and new trends or wuts "cool." Yet many Americans find their culture a bit too materialistic and just too much so they prefer the more simple lives that Europeans have. Idk I guess we all want what we dont have. I wouldn't mind living in the U.S. except I feel like I'm gonna get run over, attacked, or criticized when I step outside my apartment. Not to mention I find Americans these days are extremely unhappy. I think since we're so used to having all our extra materialistic things we freak out the most when times are rough :(

Endow
24-05-09, 14:38

digitizedboy
24-05-09, 14:47
very unsatisfactory!

Yeah I'm one of them. *growls*

no but seriously, I get sick of "some" people over here sometimes. I love the country though, it's one of the most beautiful places in Europe. But it still gets me thinking I'd like to move abroad one of the days in the future. Don't wanna be stuck in the same place the rest of my days...

mizuno_suisei
24-05-09, 16:07
I'm not too dissapointed with my current nationality (Australian) but If I could choose, Japanese :D

TRULuverzz
24-05-09, 16:09
aussies are so cool! i wish i can be australian too :(
so thats italian, american and aussie, pretty unique combo

Alex Fly
24-05-09, 16:13
If I could change of nationality, I wouldn't change it. ;)

Lara's home
24-05-09, 16:15
I would never change it. We're just, too cool. :cool:

trXD
24-05-09, 17:14
I guess i like being english, but honestly i would be just as happy in any first world country.

Joely-Moley
24-05-09, 17:16
I'm happy with my nationality. If I could though, I'd probably change it to British to make living here a bit easier.
Though I suppose technically I am because I'm a dual national. :p

Mokono
24-05-09, 17:28
If I could change of nationality, I wouldn't change it. ;)

Me neither, but i'd like to have a lot: like collectables from places you've been, but without leaving the main one.

http://www.emofaces.com/en/emoticons/p/peru-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gif

TRULuverzz
29-05-09, 15:58
im actually quite prous to be american and french too :)

remote91
29-05-09, 16:01
I'm fine being English, I just want to live in America :D

TRULuverzz
29-05-09, 16:24
I'm fine being English, I just want to live in America :D

well i wish you the best of luck, i live in england too but im leaving to go to america soon i hope

amore-guy
04-07-09, 21:54
im Glad and Proud to be Lebanese :D :D:)

Chocola teapot
04-07-09, 21:55
Im proud to be Atlantian.

NemesisX13X
04-07-09, 23:57
My nationality and passport are german, and im part Iraqi, part Turkish, part Kurdish, its hilarious :vlol:

umm... italian or romanian! :D

LaraRules81
05-07-09, 00:08
I'd stay British :D

But if I had to choose, maybe Greek :)

Technomancer
05-07-09, 00:09
I feel more British than Norwegian so...

Catracoth
05-07-09, 00:11
I'd choose British or Australian.

MrCroftAndre
05-07-09, 00:31
British. :)

digitizedboy
05-07-09, 01:11
British. :)

Thinking about it, I would like to be Portuguese. Swapsies?

Jo269976
05-07-09, 02:38
Meh, Scottish is good enough for me right now :)

ryansnake
05-07-09, 04:13
I read the thread title and moved to the last page. I'm going to assume we're just typing what the title says, so...

I'd wanna be Australian! (currently part english/scottish/german, so I guess it's not that much of a difference anyway)

Tyrannosaurus
05-07-09, 04:18
. . . why would I?

To be from Gondwana, which would make me an Abelisaurid or Charcarodontosaurid ruler instead? No thanks.

Drone
05-07-09, 07:54
no, because this is how I am :wve:

AmericanAssassin
05-07-09, 08:09
I like being American, but i also would love a European accent.

Ditto. :tmb: It's such a sexy accent. :mis: The American accent is boooooring. :rolleyes:

Evangelina
05-07-09, 08:09
Nope! I like what I am (Australian)

Atlantean-Squid
05-07-09, 12:19
I like being English but I wouldn't mind more Viking ancestry.

adventurerLara
05-07-09, 12:20
Canadian :wve:

Marianna12
05-07-09, 12:23
I wouldn't change my nationality, I like being Greek.:p
But, I would loove to live in USA...

Paddy
05-07-09, 12:26
Id never change my nationality, as people we should be proud of who we are.

Lost_Soul
05-07-09, 13:21
I'd want to be English! I love the accent <3
Some British guy asked me for directions in the Old Town once and I just kind of zoned out and listened to his voice...and completely missed what he had asked me :D
It was kind of embarrasing...

Origonal
05-07-09, 13:22
I'd want to be English! I love the accent <3
Some British guy asked me for directions in the Old Town once and I just kind of zoned out and listened to his voice...and completely missed what he had asked me :D
It was kind of embarrasing...

:vlol: