PDA

View Full Version : I'm being hacked?!

Sega Saturn
23-05-09, 15:40
Let just say, I have a friend which is spamming my Windows Live ID, subscribing me to newsletters and signing me up to websites. I created a new account, but then today, I got the newsletters from him AGAIN! (with the same username he used to sign me up to websites, so it must be him!).
Now I created a brand-new account and some seconds after I logged in... I GOT OTHER EMAIL AGAIN!
What should I DO?! This is ****ing me off!

irjudd
23-05-09, 17:24
Get better friends.

sheepydee
23-05-09, 17:30
Get better friends.

ano she blamed me for it and i didnt do anythng

Love2Raid
23-05-09, 17:56
Are you using the same passwords maybe? I don't know, just guessing..:o

It's weird though. I don't know much about hacking to be honest. :o

Why don't you change your settings? I did that, because I used to get loads of spam too, maybe 100 messages a day sometimes. Now all messages that aren't from someone on my 'safe-list' or 'contacts list' are heading straight to the junkmail section. :D

Or you could use something else, like yahoo or gmail.

Sega Saturn
23-05-09, 20:05
Get better friends.
OMG WOW EPIC THAT WAS SO HELPFUL!!!!111one :rolleyes:
Are you using the same passwords maybe? I don't know, just guessing..:o

It's weird though. I don't know much about hacking to be honest. :o

Why don't you change your settings? I did that, because I used to get loads of spam too, maybe 100 messages a day sometimes. Now all messages that aren't from someone on my 'safe-list' or 'contacts list' are heading straight to the junkmail section. :D

Or you could use something else, like yahoo or gmail.

Well it's newsletters. They all have different e-mail addresses. :p
Oh well. I made yet other account and formatted my laptop. Fortunately I don't keep anything that's really important here. No spam as yet.

spikejones
23-05-09, 21:28
may have been a virus/spyware type infection. of course... formatting works to remove those ;) but it would have been best to run AV scans or provide a report to us of our autorun diagnostic tool. if the spam/hacking stops after the format and you are still using the same accounts - you know it wasn't a hack.

Sega Saturn
23-05-09, 21:43
may have been a virus/spyware type infection. of course... formatting works to remove those ;) but it would have been best to run AV scans or provide a report to us of our autorun diagnostic tool. if the spam/hacking stops after the format and you are still using the same accounts - you know it wasn't a hack.

Nope I don't recieve spam anymore... ah well, also Windows Media Center started randomly some times. :confused:
Oh well, now the laptop has XP, all drivers installed and its much faster than its previous operating system. :D