PDA

View Full Version : WinXP PBM: cutscenes play 1 sec. then stop!

Vince C.
23-05-09, 21:04
Hi.

I've installed TRII on my Windows XP SP3 machine. The game plays well but all the videos stop after 1-2 seconds playing, e.g. the Eidos logo at start, the long video intro showing the dragon defeated, aso. Sound goes on though; it's only the video image that stops after 1-2 seconds, sometimes even immediately. [EDIT: But if I let it go, then the sound gets chopped as if were playing from a scratched vinyle disc, repeating the last 0.25 second all over again. All I can do is press ESC to cancel everything.]

I've downloaded Tomb2 patch, second version but it doesn't fix that problem. I've got Directx9c.

Has anyone encountered this? Is there a fix?

Thanks in advance.

Sega Saturn
24-05-09, 13:22
It doesn't work after patched? :confused:
Once upon a time, I remembering having found winplay.dll files which fixed that issue. But... they're gone. :-\

Anyway, post an Diagnose.exe (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/download/diagnose.exe) report here, so teh masterz will find out what's wrong. :wve:

If I found the .dll files I'll post them here. :p

Vince C.
24-05-09, 18:07
It doesn't work after patched? :confused:
Once upon a time, I remembering having found winplay.dll files which fixed that issue. But... they're gone. :-\

Anyway, post an Diagnose.exe (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/download/diagnose.exe) report here, so teh masterz will find out what's wrong. :wve:

If I found the .dll files I'll post them here. :p

Thanks a lot. Will try that.

EDIT: Erm... This is a secured version of XP (I didn't secure it myself) and the scripting engine is disabled. I need to try and find how to enable it prior to running that tool...

'NOTHER EDIT: Ah, even then I seemed to get a result, here are the suspected files:

Tomb Raider II Installed
Installed in d:\games\tomb raider\TR2
Compatibility Layer Disabled
Tomb2.exe File Size = 912896 bytes - Unknown version (29164904949020416)
d:\games\tomb raider\TR2\winplay.dll - File Not Found
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winplay.dll - Version 2.0.0.12
d:\games\tomb raider\TR2\winstr.dll - File Not Found
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winstr.dll - Version 2.0.0.13

Sega Saturn
24-05-09, 18:24
Thanks a lot. Will try that.

EDIT: Erm... This is a secured version of XP (I didn't secure it myself) and the scripting engine is disabled. I need to try and find how to enable it prior to running that tool...

'NOTHER EDIT: Ah, even then I seemed to get a result, here are the suspected files:

Tomb Raider II Installed
Installed in d:\games\tomb raider\TR2
Compatibility Layer Disabled
Tomb2.exe File Size = 912896 bytes - Unknown version (29164904949020416)
d:\games\tomb raider\TR2\winplay.dll - File Not Found
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winplay.dll - Version 2.0.0.12
d:\games\tomb raider\TR2\winstr.dll - File Not Found
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winstr.dll - Version 2.0.0.13

OK, OK, just more a question: Is your game legal?

Vince C.
24-05-09, 18:57
OK, OK, just more a question: Is your game legal?

I ALWAYS buy my games! (EDIT: well, except Underworld, didn't deserve my money. Borrowed it instead.) Ain't responsible for that stupid tool not finding it's a patched Tomb2.exe! :vlol:

BTW I found that after installing TR Multipatch the bug is now gone.

Thanks for your help.