PDA

View Full Version : The Britain's Got Talent Thread!

Pages : [1] 2

Phys
24-05-09, 20:15
I just did a search and I must say im surprised to see there isn't a thread for BGT (only one from last year).

Anyone been watching? Semi-finals tonight. :D

]{eith
24-05-09, 20:18
I never watch finals or anything of shows like these - just the auditions. By the time it gets to this stage everyone is good and talented and that's not entertaining. :p

SGRaider
24-05-09, 20:20
^I do that too. It's not funny after the auditions.

Phys
24-05-09, 20:26
Some right failures got in. Most particularly him with the things he swings on his ears ... Darth Jackson... Only one I like so far is Diversity

]{eith
24-05-09, 20:27
Some right failures got in. Most particularly him with the things he swings on his ears ... Darth Jackson... Only one I like so far is Diversity

Oh yeah I seen that. That was revolting.

Phys
24-05-09, 20:28
I'm so glad none of the judges liked him.

digitizedboy
24-05-09, 20:29
That act with the drill in the nose was horrible, I had to look away. lol

Best one so far was the dance act, I liked the choreography. It was very clever indeed.

TRhalloween
24-05-09, 20:32
Those ear swings people seemed like nice people. I applaud them for doing what they won't to do. I was covering my eyes though lol There wasn't any particular pattern to it. they were just doing weird stuff.

Phys
24-05-09, 20:35
Aha the people with faces dancing were so entertaining XD So many great parts to it... the dancing.. the uh.. taking off of shirts :cln:

Titanium
24-05-09, 20:49
Diversity - Missed them, but according to the highlight reel, they were very good!
Sue Son - Very well played!
Darth Jackson - Uh, no.
Natalie Orki - Awwww, sadly the song wasnt a good choice, she can do way better!
Julia Naidenko - Only saw highlight reel part, but not really that good.
Nick Hell - Bloody hell, no.
Faces of Disco - Haha, epic!
Susan Boyle - Just amazing!

Lara Fan 4Life
24-05-09, 21:08
Susan Boyle and Diversity were absolutely amazing tonight in the semi-finals. They are my favourites to win. :D

-DaNnEe..
24-05-09, 21:16
I liked Sue Son. Wouldn't have mind if she got through.

Susan Boyle had a few off notes but she still sang alright.

Diversity were amazing. How do they come up with the ideas? :D

Reggie
24-05-09, 21:17
I think Susan Boyle lived up to the hype and Diversity were brilliant. :tmb:

scion05
24-05-09, 21:20
Susan Boyle, winner of Britains Got Talent, 2009 :tmb:

SweetMaleficia
24-05-09, 21:21
I'm happy Susan and Diversity got through. What I love about Susan is that she's also very likeable as a person.

A note on that so-called 'belly-dancer' - that wasn't bellydancing. And whilst she was very pretty, gyrating your hips isn't a talent.

ultima espio
24-05-09, 21:26
I missed it tonight, i was well gutted:(

I saw the last 5 mins though, poor lass, she looked she heartbroken when she didnt get through.

Phys
24-05-09, 21:30
^ You can watch catch up on http://talent.itv.com/ :)

Both my two favourites of the whole competition got through, Susan and Diversity. I can't choose between them :D

Nannonxyay
24-05-09, 21:30
Am I the only one who's not supporting Susan Boyle? I don't think she's all that she's hyped up to be to be honest. I would love to see Diversity win. They're amazing. :tmb:

That poor girl who sang Superstar. I was hoping she would have pulled off a better song and got through. The backing track really annoys be in most performances because it really overrides the main act and gets in the way.

TRhalloween
24-05-09, 21:32
I'm annoyed that Sue has been eliminated.

Am I the only one who's not supporting Susan Boyle? I don't think she's all that she's hyped up to be to be honest. I would love to see Diversity win. They're amazing. :tmb:

Nah, I don't think she's too great.

Nannonxyay
24-05-09, 21:39
^ I know. Maybe I don't like the whole hype everyone's got around her. I mean, she's a good singer. But just because someone sings opera doesn't mean they're the most talented person in the world. Maybe it's because opera music doesn't really appeal to me. I don't know, I just don't find her appealing.

TR93
24-05-09, 21:41
I saw Diversity, straight away I wanted them to go through...they were AMAZING!

Domino
24-05-09, 21:42
Gonna repeat my plea here:

If anyone here watches Britain's Got Talent or even if you don't, please, please, please pick up the phone tommorow and vote for the Hot Honeyz. They're trained at my dance chool and I'm friends with all of them, and they're lovely people and great dancers, but they've got tough competition so they need every vote they can get!

I'm going to a party at the dance school tommorow to celebrate, and then we're all going to vote, it's gonna be manic!

Roll on tommorow, good luck girls!

Nannonxyay
24-05-09, 21:50
^ Just because you like them doesn't mean we're gonna vote for them. I'll vote for whoever I please. :p (I never even vote.)

Phys
24-05-09, 21:52
Gonna repeat my plea here:

Roll on tommorow, good luck girls!

Sorry but my vote (if i vote) counts on talent, not because you know them and want them to get through :)

SweetMaleficia
24-05-09, 21:52
^ I know. Maybe I don't like the whole hype everyone's got around her. I mean, she's a good singer. But just because someone sings opera doesn't mean they're the most talented person in the world. Maybe it's because opera music doesn't really appeal to me. I don't know, I just don't find her appealing.

I myself loved her from the beginning. It could be that I love operatic singers, and I loved her world-famous audition because I love the music of Les Mis. I think she's the most talented singer this year, yeah. I'm crazy about Diversity but seeing as they're a whole different act you can't really compare them.

Domino
24-05-09, 21:55
I'm just trying to raise awareness, don't shoot my head off. They didn't get the coverage they deserved, and they're up against some tough acts tommorow, so we're just trying to get as many people aware as possible. And trust me - they have talent. And I'm not speaking from bias there.

Love2Raid
24-05-09, 22:28
Thanks for the link!

I wanted to watch this once to see Susan's competition. :)

- Susan: Great performance again, not her best, but great anyway. What a voice!
- Darth Jackson: Sure he can dance, but is he really that talented? Personally I don't see it, I am not a big fan of impersonators to be honest. Come up with your own unique thing!
- Neil Hell: What the hell??!! That guy has no talent at all.
- Face Disco guys: Funny? Yes. Talent? No.
- Julia Naidenko: A beautiful woman, she knows her moves. But I don't see unique talent here, sorry. You could clearly see the male judges getting uncomfortable with the situation, they were thinking "Hmm, she is so fine, yeah, oh wait she should be talented as well...oh what the heck.." Amanda was the first to vote her off!! :vlol:
- Natalie Okri: Cute thing, she can sing alright, but she was clearly nervous here. She has potential though.
- Diversity: What a performance!! These guys are amazing, love 'em! :jmp:
- Sue Son: Lovely appearance, great performer. Not blown away though.

Results:
Susan Boyle and Diversity. I totally agree!!

Good choice. Although Natalie was so cute and can sing so well, it didn't seem (to me) that she was totally ready for it. Oh well, she will get there. :hug:
That Susan is quite a character, I think she is fabulous! :vlol:

Nice show, can't wait for the next semifinal. :tmb:

TombRaiderLover
25-05-09, 20:14
Watching the burning rope stunt at the moment . . .

The suspense is terrible.

Phys
25-05-09, 20:18
To be honest I thought it was a bit silly. Not keen on that at all. then again - I didn't even like his audition.

ultima espio
25-05-09, 20:21
I was sure that man was gonna die. It really built up suspense didnt it?

Biddy
25-05-09, 20:24
I absolutely loved Faces Of Disco, they had me laughing so hard at the shirtless Simon Cowell ones. :vlol: But I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Diversity (Ashley = :cln:!).

Susan Boyle was great, but I didn't think it was as good as her audition, yesterday's episode.

EDIT: Currently watching the 'Hot Honeyz' one.

Phys
25-05-09, 20:38

itv programmes are known for that :rolleyes:. I've seen no one tonight so far that i deem worthy of going through to the next round.

scion05
25-05-09, 20:39
Not even " da DJ talent " ? :) :D

TR93
25-05-09, 20:40

I think the Queen might die of fright:p

NO DJ TALENT!

Phys
25-05-09, 20:41
Not even " da DJ talent " ? :) :D

Oh don't even get me started :mad: He was so crap!

Nannonxyay
25-05-09, 20:50
Well, everyone has been crap so far. I turned it off. I'll catch the rest tomorrow, I suppose. Am I the only one who can not stand Amanda? She sticks up for the Hot Honeyz (who are utterly talentless), but buzzes halfway through that singer's performance just because he was a bit nervous? I mean, yeah, he wasn't amazing. But he was better than those bimbos. No offense to whoever knows them personally on this forum, but I thought they weren't very good.

TRhalloween
25-05-09, 20:54
The Drag one wasn't very good. He did not mime well, Amanda :rolleyes:

corey01
25-05-09, 20:55
What really annoyes me is that fat drag :/ Its like, why the hell would the Queen want to see that?! fgs!

Phys
25-05-09, 20:58
The only group i have hopes for saving tonight's show is flawless. I just hope they don't dissapoint. Oh and that drag act was dreadful -_-

Croft, Lara
25-05-09, 22:18
Shaun smith and flawless were brilliant tonight!

digitizedboy
25-05-09, 22:36
What really annoyes me is that fat drag :/ Its like, why the hell would the Queen want to see that?! fgs!

you never know, she might have some secret fetish. rofl

the right acts went through today. The dance act was so mesmerising, really clever choreography there.

SweetMaleficia
25-05-09, 23:15
Tonight was awful. Ugh. Apart from Flawless, of course. I felt really bad for that singer though, and Amanda was right - it was very uncomfortable to watch him.

Phys
26-05-09, 19:45
Jesus christ what the hell is up with the judges this year? They've lost the plot. The only sane judge who can see things for what they are is Simon Cowell.

Them two pixies who just came on were absolute bull. They will probably think they have lots of talent in the future because of Amanda and Piers but they don't. And with the 'saxophone' act, i felt like I was going to chuck the TV out of the window.

ultima espio
26-05-09, 19:46
"He was bloody terrible but i loved him"

Crazy lady:confused:

Phys
26-05-09, 19:58
Dance act was best so far. Not really a lover of that type of dancing though...

xXhayleyroxXx
26-05-09, 20:00
I'm watching now, i Don't really think it was fair what simon aid about the dancers there and he made that girl cry! blesh her imagine how much she'd spent on that dress just for bgt :(

Croft, Lara
26-05-09, 20:01
KNEW Shaheen was gonna sing that!! He was AMAZING!

touchthesky
26-05-09, 20:08
He was amaaazing.

Hope he gets through to te final, but I am 99% sure he will.

God bless him.

digitizedboy
26-05-09, 20:09
I'm watching now, i Don't really think it was fair what simon aid about the dancers there and he made that girl cry! blesh her imagine how much she'd spent on that dress just for bgt :(

same here.. that guy's such an ass!!

xXhayleyroxXx
26-05-09, 20:11
^^ isn't he just! i really want to go on next time or the x factor but he's stopping me with his cruel comments :(

Phys
26-05-09, 20:16
^^ isn't he just! i really want to go on next time or the x factor but he's stopping me with his cruel comments :(

You shouldn't let him bother you. I do agree with 80% of what he says though. The other two judges seem blinded by crapness and the urge to always say opposite to what Simon says.

xXhayleyroxXx
26-05-09, 20:21
You shouldn't let him bother you. I do agree with 80% of what he says though. The other two judges seem blinded by crapness and the urge to always say opposite to what Simon says.

i guess, sometimes he's absolutely right, othertimes he's cruel; ecspecially if he's in a bad mood!

Titanium
26-05-09, 21:00
Aw, I wanted Shaheen and MD showgroup to go through, the two dancers are funny but I really wanted the other two through!

touchthesky
26-05-09, 21:04
Who got through :)?

william croft
26-05-09, 21:06
Shaheen & Stravos (Greek dancing guys)

touchthesky
26-05-09, 21:07
Ah glad Shaheen got through! Not sure about the Greek dancers though, never saw tehem xD.

william croft
26-05-09, 21:08
Ah glad Shaheen got through! Not sure about the Greek dancers though, never saw tehem xD.

They were funny and good, glad they got through but I wanted the MD dancing group to get through.. Nevertheless a good show overall.

*laralover*
26-05-09, 21:20
I liked Sue Son :( Reminds me of Vanessa Mae. Susan Boyle was good and i loved that song she sang :D The two dance groups were awesome. Erm thats all iv really liked to be honest.I havnt watched tonights show...

Phys
26-05-09, 21:23
Tonight's show was fairly crap so you didn't really miss much. I wanted MD to go through with Stavros. I dislike Shaheen. _

Reggie
26-05-09, 21:30
I'll be the first here to say that Britain's Got Talent has become a joke.

Phys
26-05-09, 21:40

I pretty much said that earlier... just differently :p

Jesus christ what the hell is up with the judges this year? They've lost the plot. The only sane judge who can see things for what they are is Simon Cowell.

Them two pixies who just came on were absolute bull. They will probably think they have lots of talent in the future because of Amanda and Piers but they don't. And with the 'saxophone' act, i felt like I was going to chuck the TV out of the window.

Reggie
26-05-09, 21:48
I pretty much said that earlier... just differently :p

Woops, I confess: I didn't see that post. :o
But really, I've watched many a reality where show where judges have been a little odd with comments/decisions, blatant nudging if not downright fixing for a certain outcome and poor quality in general but nothing beats this series of BGT.

The 'talent' on this show has been appauling and at this rate will final will only have song and dance acts - as if its just a poor quality X Factor with that added 'quirkiness' we're supposed to like. And what's with the phone lines opening before the last act basically gives their plea to the audience to vote for them. Note that every single act that has performed last has consistently received the most votes this way since series 2. That's not a coincidence.

Yesterday was rubbish so I missed the first half tonight and I've obviously not missed anything so logic tells me I should just give up until the finals before I even get too fed with watching that. At least I can console myself with the fact that there's plenty of other stuff to watch.

*phew* rant over. :D

marla_biggs
26-05-09, 22:07

become?!;)

moodydog
27-05-09, 17:32
the two major dancegroups Divers and flaw and susan and the greek dancers in my oppinion should be the last ones left.
i dont mind who wins between divers and flawlwss or susan

Phys
27-05-09, 18:15
Oooh I just noticed it isn't on tonight because of football I think?

Ah well Sir Alan Sugar and The Apprentice it is :D

william croft
27-05-09, 18:21
Oooh I just noticed it isn't on tonight because of football I think?

Ah well Sir Alan Sugar and The Apprentice it is :D

:vlol: My thoughts exactly.

Nannonxyay
27-05-09, 18:22

I thought what he said was right. Who gives a crap about the expense of the dress? She could wear it to something else. :p Anyways, if you can't take criticism, you shouldn't be in showbiz. It's harsh but true.

xXhayleyroxXx
27-05-09, 18:26
I thought what he said was right. Who gives a crap about the expense of the dress? She could wear it to something else. :p Anyways, if you can't take criticism, you shouldn't be in showbiz. It's harsh but true.

lol i guess
i've got a really critical performing arts dance techer who could give simon a run for his money lol

jackles
27-05-09, 18:58
Anyone who has to go for auditions etc will be criticised. You have to have a tough skin. That is why I don't think little kids should go on and compete against adults. They can't divorce themselves from the 'theatre' of the whole thing and what makes supposedly 'good' tv.

touchthesky
27-05-09, 18:59
According to "Heat" (ever reliable source, of course) Simon tells folk when he's gonna be harsh so that they're not too offended.

*laralover*
27-05-09, 19:38
Tonight's show was fairly crap so you didn't really miss much. I wanted MD to go through with Stavros. I dislike Shaheen. _

Aha yeah my mum said it was pretty rubbish :p

Voni
27-05-09, 19:53
Is that Aiden lad still in it? The one from Birmingham? My mum taught him, how mad's that?

KIKO
27-05-09, 20:56
Her voice is just...amazing :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmWCqIVQpEI

digitizedboy
27-05-09, 21:02
Is that Aiden lad still in it? The one from Birmingham? My mum taught him, how mad's that?

Was that the breakdancing lad? I think he is.

-DaNnEe..
27-05-09, 21:39
Her voice is just...amazing :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmWCqIVQpEI

Look how many veiws it has. :yik:

Cristina
27-05-09, 21:42
OMG look a this!:vlol:

ps:American idol or american got talent counts?:o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHbbkrV0H-Q

Lara Fan 4Life
27-05-09, 21:57
What I love is that Susan Boyle is performing her audition song, 'Cry Me a River' for the finale. Seems like an amazing choice, as her performance of her singing that song is just so well know. I hope she isn't nervous and songs her all time best. I was just re watching her in the semi-finale and I think she is just hilarious. :D

Nannonxyay
27-05-09, 22:21
I'm hoping Diversity or that 12-year-old boy wins the final. :D

Titanium
29-05-09, 20:02
Hollie started crying, oh my god, bless her little heart!

Angelus
29-05-09, 20:03
Aw, bless her. :( Totally unfair to her.

Minty Mouth
29-05-09, 20:04
Oh my gosh that was heart wrenching! I hope they find the time to let her do it again later :(

Ive got a feeling theyre gonna buzz a couple of people off on purpose now!:p

Lara Fan 4Life
29-05-09, 20:20
Hollie started crying, oh my god, bless her little heart!
I feel SO sorry for her. I hope she gets a chance to perform again. :(

Minty Mouth
29-05-09, 20:22
Ive got to say. Aidan Davis is unbelievably good. I had to pick my jaw up from off the ground after watching him.

Words cant describe it. If he doesnt get through im going down to the studios to bust some heads.

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

Lara Fan 4Life
29-05-09, 20:28
Yay! :jmp: Holly performed again and nailed it. :D

Phys
29-05-09, 20:29
I noticed talent.itv.com didn't post Hollie's first attempt.

lararoxs
29-05-09, 20:31
What happened to Hollie first time through? I felt so sorry for her though!:(
I'm glad she got to re-preform!:D

Changeling
29-05-09, 20:35
Hollie crying on Britain's Got Talent = Changeling in tears on the floor :(

That was SUCH a shame and so sad! I'm really glad she got a chance to re-perform. When Ant told her she wouldn't have time and she started crying even worse and saying "Please! PLEASE!", it was just so heart-wrenching. :(

jackles
29-05-09, 20:42
ROFL!! how on earth did I miss the DreamBears!! *collapses in heap*

aiden is the best one tonight.

Biddy
29-05-09, 20:47
Bless Hollie, glad she reperformed ad pulled it off. Aiden was brilliant. :yah:

*laralover*
29-05-09, 20:48
Aw poor little girl i felt so sorry for her when she cried :( Beautiful voice though :D I love Aiden woo reminds me of George Sampson and i love him :jmp: The guy that sang last...i dont even know how to describe that...it was really weird then good :confused::vlol:

Undiscovered
29-05-09, 20:55
Aiden's through no problem!:tmb:

Minty Mouth
29-05-09, 20:57
Theyre obviously gonna pick holly now, she cried afterall, but to be honest, I think it should be the other guy.

Undiscovered
29-05-09, 20:59
Theyre obviously gonna pick holly now, she cried afterall, but to be honest, I think it should be the other guy.

You'll love it then. She cried again and she won!:p

jackles
29-05-09, 21:02
Bet that bloke is thinking 'bloody crying kid...I should have won that!!!!!!'

Seth94
29-05-09, 21:04

I agree. :) tbh I think the other person should have gone through.

TRhalloween
29-05-09, 21:11
I don't think it's just because she cried. She's honestly very talented. Out of both the two I think she had the best voice.

Changeling
29-05-09, 21:14
Damn Hollie's lucky - she got to backstage at the Wicked set and meet the two leading ladies! Wicked's one of my favourite musicals ever, she's damn lucky. :p But I could see where I had sat when I went to see it from the stage when I saw it on TV so I suppose I got a little thrill XD

Phys
29-05-09, 21:19
I didn't want either Greg or Hollie to go through but to be honest - i'd rather Greg have gone through.

Changeling
29-05-09, 21:35
To be honest, I think the whole nation's going to turn on her now and say she just did it for sympathy and that's the only reason she got through. Just like Susan Boyle: everyone loved her at first and now everyone thinks she's overrated. It's even more of a shame if that happens because she's only 10 years old the poor thing. :(

digitizedboy
29-05-09, 21:48
^ I don't think they should put kids through that. I mean, she'll only get upset and dissapointed again in the final. :(

Changeling
29-05-09, 21:52
^ I don't think they should put kids through that. I mean, she'll only get upset and dissapointed again in the final. :(

Yeah, I think they should at least have a 13 and up age limit. The poor wee thing's gonna be devistated if she doesn't win. :(

Titanium
29-05-09, 21:54
It's like that ten year old singing girl before, great voice, but not the best song choice. But you worry she's going to be so badly disheartened by it that she will stop singing.

Changeling
29-05-09, 21:56
But you worry she's going to be so badly disheartened by it that she will stop singing.

Exactly, if you're older you know that you just pick yourself up and move on, but someone that young might not be able to handle the rejection.

Seth94
29-05-09, 21:59
It's like that ten year old singing girl before, great voice, but not the best song choice. But you worry she's going to be so badly disheartened by it that she will stop singing.

you're right, it could happen again. ;)

scion05
30-05-09, 11:04
I may be the only one to say this, but that little girl didn't deserve to sing again.
If she can't do it at this stage, what will she be like in the final, or worse, on the Royal
Variety ? She wasn't even all that great. Su-Bo didn't restart memories, so I don't
see why she should've restarted that.

Minty Mouth
30-05-09, 11:20
I may be the only one to say this, but that little girl didn't deserve to sing again.
If she can't do it at this stage, what will she be like in the final, or worse, on the Royal
Variety ? She wasn't even all that great. Su-Bo didn't restart memories, so I don't
Its only going to get harder to deal with losing at the later stages. I agree with you. Imagine the tears tonight when she doesnt win.

Reggie
30-05-09, 11:35
Despite a very patchy round of Semis this year, I think everyone in the final save for Stavro's Flatley deserves to be in the final. :tmb:

Pabz1989
30-05-09, 11:37
Its only going to get harder to deal with losing at the later stages. I agree with you. Imagine the tears tonight when she doesnt win.

"If" she doesnt win.

I believe its an open race now, after watching this weeks winners, Susan Boyle has some major competition.

scion05
30-05-09, 11:48
I think not. Su-Bo is going to win :D

-DaNnEe..
30-05-09, 11:53
^ I doubt she will, tbh.

scion05
30-05-09, 11:56
I'm pretty much positive she will. I think the older people in the country ( over 50's ) will vote for her, and alot of the young. I would if I could afford to lol, and I'm 16.

Phys
30-05-09, 12:17
Despite a very patchy round of Semis this year, I think everyone in the final save for Stavro's Flatley deserves to be in the final. :tmb:

Stavros Flatley are funny though... Probably for the wrong reasons :vlol::mis:

Changeling
30-05-09, 12:28

But you have to remember that she's only 10 years old. She was nervous, she was embarassed, off course she was going to start crying, she just felt like the entire song was ruined. When you're older, you know that you need to recover and just get on with it, but at that age you don't know how to do that. Take me for example: I'm 15 years old, and I would know that I just have to improvise if I forget lines and just get on with it. At 10 years old I would be scared and completely embarassed because I wouldn't know what to do. Age may also not be the issue as well, everyone's different. Just because some people don't break down in tears when something like that happens doesn't mean the same thing for Hollie.

scion05
30-05-09, 12:40
So that yet again raises again the issue that they shouldn't even have people of her age on the show, she's not emotionally nor mentally read for it.

Minty Mouth
30-05-09, 12:42
So that yet again raises again the issue that they shouldn't even have people of her age on the show, she's not emotionally nor mentally read for it.

Thats all well and good, but that means that they wouldnt have discovered Aidan Davis this year. He genuinely does have immense talent and unlike Hollie, can actually deal with the reality of it all.

Changeling
30-05-09, 12:42

As I said, age may not be an issue. I can't remember who, but apparantly a 6 year old kid didn't cry or anything when things didn't go her way on the show, but Hollie did. Therefore it's nothing to do with age, it's how individual people act under pressure.

Spong
30-05-09, 13:20
Thought I'd randomly dip into this thread. I don't watch the show.

So what's all this talk about everyone hating that fish wife with the singing voice? Apparently, according to last night's news, she's an uncontrollable monster (which you can tell just by looking at her if you ask me), and people don't like her any more as a result. Apparently some kid (a boy who can sing) is going to win now.

So what's the fish wife done? Why does everyone hate her now?

Minty Mouth
30-05-09, 13:21
Fish wife? :confused:

Spong
30-05-09, 13:22
I don't know what her name is. I mean that ugly woman, the one who sings.

Minty Mouth
30-05-09, 13:25
Heh, Susan Boyle?

She didnt do anything in particular, people are just getting bored of her. Shes sort of Boyled over :p

Spong
30-05-09, 13:29
Shes sort of Boyled over :p

Clever :D
Susan Boyle, that's the woman, I did a search. Apparently she's turned into a foul-mouthed yobbo/diva in the last week.

As long as they don't do something stupid like cancel Primeval tonight for the final of this thing then I don't care who wins really. What's the prize for the winner anyway? Anything good?

Minty Mouth
30-05-09, 13:30
A slot on the royal variety show. And usually some sort of record deal/contract too, though thats not in the rules.

Changeling
30-05-09, 13:35
I don't know what her name is. I mean that ugly woman, the one who sings.

That's Susan Boyle. She's a Scottish singer, not a Fish Wife. :p

Well she came into the audition room and automatically everyone judged her because of her appearance. But she started singing and has an amazing voice and she hit worldwide headlines and has appeared on tons of Talk shows and newspapers, she's even been mentioned by Homer from The Simpsons. However, typical of the nation, everyone loved her and now everyone thinks she's overrated. She's become really upset because she can't handle the pressure of fame and hates how everyone is now ****ging her off. She's threatened to quit a number of times because she doesn't want the Paprazzi stalking her and all that jazz because she didn't realise what she was getting herself into.

The only thing she did 'wrong' was she was watching the semi-final of Britain's Got Talent in her hotel room. Shaheen, a 12 year old boy with an equally amazing voice, did his piece and judge Piers Morgan said that he had "the best voice we've seen so far". Hearing this, Susan muttered "**** off" to the TV screen and it's been blown way out of proportion.

Everyone's just basically sick of her now, she hasn't done anything wrong though, Shaheen said that he and Susan get on very well together.

What's the prize for the winner anyway? Anything good?

The prize is a slot to perform at the Royal Variety Performance in front of the Queen and 100,000. And fame and recognition. :p

Spong
30-05-09, 13:36
The Royal Variety Show? Is that thing still going? Do people still watch it?

So people are voting for an act they want to see performed in front of the Queen (if she even bothers to go to the RVS any more)? So why aren't people voting for utter crap? I'd much rather make the Queen watch someone who shoots guide dogs for laughs.

Changeling
30-05-09, 13:39
The Royal Variety Show? Is that thing still going? Do people still watch it?

So people are voting for an act they want to see performed in front of the Queen (if she even bothers to go to the RVS any more)? So why aren't people voting for utter crap? I'd much rather make the Queen watch someone who shoots guide dogs for laughs.

Off course it is, and off course the Queen will be there, even though any time I've watched it she doesn't look like she's enjoying herself that much. And people don't just vote for that, if they're a singer they may get a record deal, or if they act they may get taken in by a management, etc. It doesn't all end at the Royal Variety Show. :D

Spong
30-05-09, 13:43
And people don't just vote for that, if they're a singer they may get a record deal, or if they act they may get taken in by a management, etc. It doesn't all end at the Royal Variety Show. :D

I was gonna say; being in the Royal Variety Show isn't much of a prize. Maybe it was back in the 80's when people still cared about the royal family, but not nowadays. The other parts of the prize make it seem more worthwhile. But I'd still vote for the worst act there if I could, purely to annoy the Queen. But I guess that's why Simon Cowell and the others are there, to stop us from doing that. ITV have no sense of fun.

*laralover*
30-05-09, 13:44
To be honest im getting sick of hearing and seeing Susan Boyle :p I want Aiden to win...:jmp:

Changeling
30-05-09, 13:45
I was gonna say; being in the Royal Variety Show isn't much of a prize. Maybe it was back in the 80's when people still cared about the royal family, but not nowadays. The other parts of the prize make it seem more worthwhile. But I'd still vote for the worst act there if I could, purely to annoy the Queen. But I guess that's why Simon Cowell and the others are there, to stop us from doing that. ITV have no sense of fun.

Damn right. :p Plus the 100,000 sounds good as well. :D

Minty Mouth
30-05-09, 13:47
To be honest im getting sick of hearing and seeing Susan Boyle :p I want Aiden to win...:jmp:

Wise choice :mis:

Glad Im not the only one. I really think its the second year for a dancer to win.

]{eith
30-05-09, 13:51
The Queen doesn't want to see any of them. You know she'd rather be at home, on the couch with the dogs watching Girls of the Playboy Mansion.

Changeling
30-05-09, 13:52
{eith;3684827']The Queen doesn't want to see any of them. You know she'd rather be at home, on the couch with the dogs watching Girls of the Playboy Mansion.

SO true. From what I've seen the Queen just sits and does that while signing documents which pass special Acts like Smoking Bans because she doesn't want the country to hate her.

*laralover*
30-05-09, 13:52
Wise choice :mis:

Glad Im not the only one. I really think its the second year for a dancer to win.

To be honest i dont think they should have singers...They have the X Factor for that :confused:

Minty Mouth
30-05-09, 13:55
To be honest i dont think they should have singers...They have the X Factor for that :confused:

For next year I want them to bite the bullet and put a rule that stops singers and dancers from auditioning in place.

That would produce some interesting results.

Changeling
30-05-09, 13:56

I know! I was saying this last night. Simon always says that he wants a unique and individual act, not caring how crazy it is... and when he gets it he doesn't put them through and puts singers through instead! :confused: Britain's Got Talent and The X Factor are practically the same except BGT is more fun.

*laralover*
30-05-09, 14:08
For next year I want them to bite the bullet and put a rule that stops singers and dancers from auditioning in place.

That would produce some interesting results.

I agree! :mis:

I know! I was saying this last night. Simon always says that he wants a unique and individual act, not caring how crazy it is... and when he gets it he doesn't put them through and puts singers through instead! :confused: Britain's Got Talent and The X Factor are practically the same except BGT is more fun.

I know right? :vlol: Although i think the people in the final are quite varied...I mean i like a few of them so i dont know who will win. Yeah i dont really watch X Factor only for the auditions :vlol:

jackles
30-05-09, 14:10
They should do Britain's got Moves....or Dance or something just for the dance groups and keep the amusing 'Talents' to a seperate show.

Nannonxyay
30-05-09, 14:43
The only thing she did 'wrong' was she was watching the semi-final of Britain's Got Talent in her hotel room. Shaheen, a 12 year old boy with an equally amazing voice, did his piece and judge Piers Morgan said that he had "the best voice we've seen so far". Hearing this, Susan muttered "**** off" to the TV screen and it's been blown way out of proportion.

I don't care whether this was blown out of proportion. What she said was still rude in my eyes, and a very catty thing to do.

I'm crossing my fingers for a dancer to win this year. Probably that little boy that was on yesterday, he was brilliant.

Spong
30-05-09, 14:47
I don't give a toss about whether this was blown out of proportion. What she said was still rude in my eyes.

Given Changeling's explanation of what she did, can you really have a pop at the woman for something we'd all do? I know that if I was in similar circumstances and a similar act was seen to be perceived as better, I'd want the person in that act to be supporting the next flyover construction. I'd be hanging around outside their changing room with a heavy spade.

As much as I don't care about Susan Boyle, she's only human.

EDIT
LOL, quoted you before you changed your post to sound more polite :D

EDIT2
I'm not a happy bunny. I've just checked the scheduling for tonight...

6pm-6:45pm - You've Been Framed
6:45pm-8:30pm - Britain's Got Talent: The Final
8:30pm-9:30pm - All Star Mr & Mrs
9:30pm-10pm - Britain's Got Talent: The Result

You've Been Framed is good, always funny to laugh at other's misfortune. But no Primeval? What's that about? And they're showing All Star Mr & Mrs!? Seriously, beyond old people who still think marriage is sacred, who watches that rubbish? How can they justify cancelling Primeval but keeping that on?

I don't know what to blame; Britain's Got Talent or All Star Mr & Mrs.

:hea::hea::hea:

Minty Mouth
30-05-09, 15:17
To be honest, Primeval sucks about as hard as that Shaheeen kid. :cln:

No offense to the kid, but his voice isnt that good.

Atlantisfreak666
30-05-09, 15:21
{eith;3684827']The Queen doesn't want to see any of them. You know she'd rather be at home, on the couch with the dogs watching Girls of the Playboy Mansion.

:vlol:

CuteKittenlol
30-05-09, 15:23
I want Diversity to win :p

And last night i wanted the guy with the voice to go through rather than that kid because tbh, she only got through with the sympathy vote :/

digitizedboy
30-05-09, 15:25

And last night i wanted the guy with the voice to go through rather than that kid because tbh, she only got through with the sympathy vote :/

True. There's tonnes of kid singers out there. At least that guy had some originality using his voice. :D

x...justme...x
30-05-09, 15:29

I know! If that had happened to an adult singer, i bet the judges wouldn't have given them a second chance, but I'm glad they did. The pressure must have been so big for her... :/

Nannonxyay
30-05-09, 15:39
Given Changeling's explanation of what she did, can you really have a pop at the woman for something we'd all do? I know that if I was in similar circumstances and a similar act was seen to be perceived as better, I'd want the person in that act to be supporting the next flyover construction. I'd be hanging around outside their changing room with a heavy spade.

EDIT

:vlol: Yeah, I changed it because I thought I'd get in trouble for saying it. :p

But anyway, I would do it myself because I'm not part of the competition. She's part of the competition and should respect the other contestants and not be as rude as to say something like that. It's just bitter.

]{eith
30-05-09, 15:44
EDIT2

It's still better than TV3 over here. :rolleyes:

19:00 - Coronation Street
19:30 - Coronation Street
20:00 - Manchester United Vs The Cast of Coronation Street
21:00 - Britain's Got Coronation Street
22:00 - I'm a Coronation Street - Get Me Out Of Here

:hea:

digitizedboy
30-05-09, 15:47
{eith;3685003']
20:00 - manchester united vs the cast of coronation street

lol

Minty Mouth
30-05-09, 15:47
{eith;3685003']It's still better than TV3 over here. :rolleyes:

19:00 - Coronation Street
19:30 - Coronation Street
20:00 - Manchester United Vs The Cast of Coronation Street
21:00 - Britain's Got Coronation Street
22:00 - I'm a Coronation Street - Get Me Out Of Here

:hea:

:vlol: Haha, you actually made me laugh for the first time all day :)

Changeling
30-05-09, 15:53
But anyway, I would do it myself because I'm not part of the competition. She's part of the competition and should respect the other contestants and not be as rude as to say something like that. It's just bitter.

It's not like she said it to his face, she said it to the TV screen. And by the looks of it, it seems like she was saying it more to Piers than she was to Shaheen. Piers said "that's the best voice we've heard so far" and then she said "Aw, **** off," so... I'd say she was saying it to Piers.

I disagree, Hollie is a good singer, that's why she was in the semi-final, but it just so happened that she cracked under the pressure, shock and embarassment of forgetting her lines on Live TV. I didn't see the big deal with the other guy, all he was doing was using his head voice and showing off a Soprano note. Personally, I find it sick and disgraceful to find hate-groups for Hollie on the internet. She's an innocent 10 year old girl for God's sake! I bet you anything that if she was their younger sister or daughter then it'd be a different story.

Minty Mouth
30-05-09, 16:05
There are hate groups? Really?

Changeling
30-05-09, 16:07
There are hate groups? Really?

Yes, albeit I've only checked on Facebook. I've looked up her name and I've seen groups such as, "We Hate Hollie Steele", "**** Off Hollie Steele!", "Hollie Steele - Go Home!", "Don't Vote for Hollie Steele", "Hollie Steele is a Fake" and "Hollie Steele Crying is My Ringtone". And that's just on Facebook.

EDIT:
And there's also this (http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=9446285617&sid=1).

Minty Mouth
30-05-09, 16:11
Yes, albeit I've only checked on Facebook. I've looked up her name and I've seen groups such as, "We Hate Hollie Steele", "**** Off Hollie Steele!", "Hollie Steele - Go Home!", "Don't Vote for Hollie Steele", "Hollie Steele is a Fake" and "Hollie Steele Crying is My Ringtone". And that's just on Facebook.

EDIT:
And there's also this (http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=9446285617&sid=1).

Jesus. Some people have too much time on their hands.

Even though Im not a fan myself, she is a really brave girl.

Changeling
30-05-09, 16:14
I know :( It's just that when she was crying, I really felt like crying with her, I was genuinely upset for her. I thought it was heart-wrenching, and if I see anyone cry, especially young chldren if something like that happens, I think it's really sad. :(

x...justme...x
30-05-09, 16:21

EDIT:

Some of the comments on YouTube are horrible too. It upsets me to think that there are people in this world who would be so horrible to a 10 year old girl :(

CuteKittenlol
30-05-09, 16:29
I disagree, Hollie is a good singer, that's why she was in the semi-final, but it just so happened that she cracked under the pressure, shock and embarassment of forgetting her lines on Live TV. I didn't see the big deal with the other guy, all he was doing was using his head voice and showing off a Soprano note. Personally, I find it sick and disgraceful to find hate-groups for Hollie on the internet. She's an innocent 10 year old girl for God's sake! I bet you anything that if she was their younger sister or daughter then it'd be a different story.

Shes not an awful singer, but i dont think she was better than that guy, he had something different and was unique, sure she's got talent but so do all the other kids on that show, she didnt really stand out. I really do think if she didnt break down she wouldn't have got through, or not all 3 judge votes at least, of course i do think shes incredibly brave for wanting to go and do it again and i admire that. Hate groups aren't nice for anyone, regardless of their age and such-like. But yeah, it is going too far making them for a 10 year old girl.

Changeling
30-05-09, 16:33
Shes not an awful singer, but i dont think she was better than that guy, he had something different and was unique, sure she's got talent but so do all the other kids on that show, she didnt really stand out. I really do think if she didnt break down she wouldn't have got through, or not all 3 judge votes at least, of course i do think shes incredibly brave for wanting to go and do it again and i admire that. Hate groups aren't nice for anyone, regardless of their age and such-like. But yeah, it is going too far making them for a 10 year old girl.

Yeah, I agree about that, there are tons of kids with good voices like hers. But the man's talent isn't that rare either, I can hit pretty high female notes with my head voice too, as I'm sure a lot of other males can.

CuteKittenlol
30-05-09, 16:33
Yeah, I agree about that, there are tons of kids with good voices like hers. But the man's talent isn't that rare either, I can hit pretty high female notes with my head voice too, as I'm sure a lot of other males can.

Fair point :p

william croft
30-05-09, 16:36
Shes 10 for gods sake. Shes doesn't have to mind to think that crying will win her a sympathy vote. She can't even think like that. You could see the passion in her when she wanted to sing again and how she got upset when she got told she couldnt, so why would you ruin her, only as far as she knew, chance to get through to the final?

I can hit high notes too. That guys nothing special, its just how he actually went out and went through with it.

Legends
30-05-09, 16:38
I feel bad for the little girl, but I think Susan Boyle deserves to win more. I don't really care that much though, either one would do actually. :p

william croft
30-05-09, 16:42
I feel bad for the little girl, but I think Susan Boyle deserves to win more. I don't really care that much though, either one would do actually. :p

I don't know why but I really don't want Susan to win. The only reason she has become so popular is because we all laughed when she came on and expected nothing. Her voice is no better than other contestants on the show.

Legends
30-05-09, 16:50
I don't know why but I really don't want Susan to win. The only reason she has become so popular is because we all laughed when she came on and expected nothing. Her voice is no better than other contestants on the show.

If that the case then maybe the winner should be someone pretty AND talented. ;)

Minty Mouth
30-05-09, 16:52
If that the case then maybe the winner should be someone pretty AND talented. ;)

The winner should not be a singer. We have the X Factor for that. I still cant believe they even let singers audition.

Legends
30-05-09, 16:56
The winner should not be a singer. We have the X Factor for that. I still cant believe they even let singers audition.

Actually I agree with that. Singers tend to get more known than other talented people though, I haven't even heard of anyone else except Susan Boyle and now the 10 year old girl because she freaked out during her performance.

Minty Mouth
30-05-09, 16:59
Actually I agree with that. Singers tend to get more known than other talented people though, I haven't even heard of anyone else except Susan Boyle and now the 10 year old girl because she freaked out during her performance.

Did you see Aidan Davis? He's possibly the most talented person theyve ever had on the show, No joke. even though weve already had a young dancer win last year. Sampson, and all of the singers, have nothing on Aidan.

Spong
30-05-09, 17:01
I think I just saw a clip of that Hollie girl crying on the news. I thought it was kinda funny, Ant & Dec looked really awkward and I thought that was LOL.

So did this Hollie get to have two tries or something? The news made it sound as though she messed up and was allowed to try again. How's that fair for everyone else?

Minty Mouth
30-05-09, 17:03
I think I just saw a clip of that Hollie girl crying on the news. I thought it was kinda funny, Ant & Dec looked really awkward and I thought that was LOL.

So did this Hollie get to have two tries or something? The news made it sound as though she messed up and was allowed to try again. How's that fair for everyone else?

Thats right. She got a second chance. It was heartbreaking though. She really was despereate. Could you say no to her? If youd seen the whole thing live, you wouldnt.

And imagine how horrible it must have been for Ant and Dec. SO awkward. I say well done to them for handling it so well.

Legends
30-05-09, 17:05
Did you see Aidan Davis? He's possibly the most talented person theyve ever had on the show, No joke. even though weve already had a young dancer win last year. Sampson, and all of the singers, have nothing on Aidan.

Afraid not. I don't watch the show, I've just seen some clips.

Minty Mouth
30-05-09, 17:06
Afraid not. I don't watch the show, I've just seen some clips.

In Britain, I think its against the law to not watch it :vlol:

CuteKittenlol
30-05-09, 17:07
Shes 10 for gods sake. Shes doesn't have to mind to think that crying will win her a sympathy vote. She can't even think like that. You could see the passion in her when she wanted to sing again and how she got upset when she got told she couldnt, so why would you ruin her, only as far as she knew, chance to get through to the final?

I can hit high notes too. That guys nothing special, its just how he actually went out and went through with it.

No one said she was doing that on purpose. Sure she was genuine but i think thats why she got through, the judges didnt wanna be put down as horrible people who'd make a child cry again after trying so hard, considering the child was so upset before and it clearly means alot to her. Also the public felt sorry for her because shes cute, and for the same reason of her being dedicated and brave to go up and have another go. Then again, there wasnt all that much competition last night XD

Legends
30-05-09, 17:07
In Britain, I think its against the law to not watch it :vlol:

Haha, that law doesn't apply to me then as I'm not there. :vlol:

Atlantisfreak666
30-05-09, 17:08
I want Shaun to win.
:hug:

Reggie
30-05-09, 17:12
I like the rules as they are although I'd like to see the age restriction raised to 13 years old. Holly, as talented and as cute as she is, just crumbled under pressure last night because she's not ready to handle such a large audience and that amount of pressure. Hopefully after the news reports changes will be made accordingly next year?

Changeling
30-05-09, 17:13
No one said she was doing that on purpose. Sure she was genuine but i think thats why she got through, the judges didnt wanna be put down as horrible people who'd make a child cry again after trying so hard, considering the child was so upset before and it clearly means alot to her. Also the public felt sorry for her because shes cute, and for the same reason of her being dedicated and brave to go up and have another go. Then again, there wasnt all that much competition last night XD

True :p But I think perhaps Piers and Amanda would be afraid of being labeled as people who made a girl cry and try so hard and not let her through, but not Simon, he's blunt and says what he feels. He's not bothered about the circumstances, which is what all judges should take note of really. :)

CuteKittenlol
30-05-09, 17:15
True :p But I think perhaps Piers and Amanda would be afraid of being labeled as people who made a girl cry and try so hard and not let her through, but not Simon, he's blunt and says what he feels. He's not bothered about the circumstances, which is what all judges should take note of really. :)

Yeah, thats what i was trying to get at. Like, i could totally see Simon not voting for the other guy because he buzzed him anyways, but Amada (wow i hate her) and Piers just didnt wanna be mean and nasty bullies :p Thats right, but that'd take Simons thunder from him because thats what hes known for; being harsh. I guess its relief knowing there're 2 nicer judges and not 3 Simons :p

TRhalloween
30-05-09, 17:19
But does anyone here think he was actually better? I liked the girl better. If he wasn't a man then it probably wouldn't be that big. It's sorta gimmicky for that guy.

Changeling
30-05-09, 17:19
^^ Agreed :D Simon is actually genuine, Piers tries to be too much like Simon half the time while failing, and Amanda, as much as I like her, doesn't really make much of an impression. :p

And yeah TRHalloween, I liked Hollie better than the other guy as well. :)

TRhalloween
30-05-09, 17:20
Haha Simon's the only good judge :D

CuteKittenlol
30-05-09, 17:24
But does anyone here think he was actually better? I liked the girl better. If he wasn't a man then it probably wouldn't be that big. It's sorta gimmicky for that guy.

I personally do..as i said there're plenty of kids who can sing and she didnt stand out to me (same with that other kid, forgot him name aha)..but also as it was pointed out guys can go what Greg did aswell, its just because i hadnt seen it before is probably why i prefer him over Hollie :p That and it was a big shock and he was rather good looking anyways LOL

Minty Mouth
30-05-09, 17:26
I personally do..as i said there're plenty of kids who can sing and she didnt stand out to me (same with that other kid, forgot him name aha)..but also as it was pointed out guys can go what Greg did aswell, its just because i hadnt seen it before is probably why i prefer him over Hollie :p That and it was a big shock and he was rather good looking anyways LOL

Agree :)

He was better, and is more unique. Hollie is okay, but shes so young, loads of young girls can sing like that.

jackles
30-05-09, 17:51

EDIT

EDIT2

You've Been Framed is good, always funny to laugh at other's misfortune. But no Primeval? What's that about? And they're showing All Star Mr & Mrs!? Seriously, beyond old people who still think marriage is sacred, who watches that rubbish? How can they justify cancelling Primeval but keeping that on?

Hey not even us old people like Mr & bloomin' Mrs!! I shall be doing my hair during that slot!

I would like Diversity to win.

Phys
30-05-09, 17:53
Hey not even us old people like Mr & bloomin' Mrs!! I shall be doing my hair during that slot!

I would like Diversity to win.

I agree. Diversity to win!!

Spong
30-05-09, 18:11

If ITV were to broadcast you doing that, I'm sure it'd get more ratings than All Star Mr & Mrs.

Anyway, out of protest (and because there's sod all on the other channels) I'm watching the final as I type. I'm just gonna pretend it's a really weird and badly written episode of Primeval. Didn't like the bit with the dancing troupe of dinosaurs who were chucking themselves about to a badly mutilated Michael Jackson soundtrack.

jackles
30-05-09, 18:14
If ITV were to broadcast you doing that, I'm sure it'd get more ratings than All Star Mr & Mrs.
Anyway, out of protest (and because there's sod all on the other channels) I'm watching the final as I type. I'm just gonna pretend it's a really weird and badly written episode of Primeval. Didn't like the bit with the dancing troupe of dinosaurs who were chucking themselves about to a badly mutilated Michael Jackson soundtrack.

Especially the bit where I wander round with a plastic bag on my head after adding the hair dye......

Makes me chuckle how Aiden sings the songs to himself as he dances. :D

Spong
30-05-09, 18:20
Especially the bit where I wander round with a plastic bag on my head after adding the hair dye......

I'd watch it. Anything beats Phil & Fern.

Just watching that old man and his granddaughter sing. The girl's good, but the old guy's ruining it, it sounds like his timing's off.

Minty Mouth
30-05-09, 18:21
I'd watch it. Anything beats Phil & Ferne.

Just watching that old man and his granddaughter sing. The girl's good, but the old guy's ruining it.

Missed his queue twice :p

Spong
30-05-09, 18:22
Missed his queue twice :p

That's what I was thinking, it sounded like he came in with his first line too early :vlol:

Atlantisfreak666
30-05-09, 18:23
I feel bad for laughing at the old guy.

Changeling
30-05-09, 18:23
Yeah I noticed that too. He seemed to be in a daze at the start and forgot his line :p

Spong
30-05-09, 18:25
The adverts are the same as the ones that would be in the Primeval breaks. Not that it's any consolation to me *huff*.

Phys
30-05-09, 18:32
I hope Hollie doesn't win >.< If she does, its only because of the breakdown she had last night.

Changeling
30-05-09, 18:33
I hope Hollie doesn't win >.< If she does, its only because of the breakdown she had last night.

Give her some credit, she is genuinely good. But the entire nation will have already turned on her by the end of the night so she probably won't, even though her performance tonight was really good.

Spong
30-05-09, 18:36
The fat people ftw!
I haven't even seen their act yet. They just look completely stupid. I think the Queen should have to watch them. I am, she should suffer too.

EDIT
Now I've seen them, I think they are quite possibly the most talented people to ever grace the Earth. Far too good to be in front of the Queen.

Phys
30-05-09, 18:44
The fat people ftw!
I haven't even seen their act yet. They just look completely stupid. I think the Queen should have to watch them. I am, she should suffer too.

EDIT
Now I've seen them, I think they are quite possibly the most talented people to ever grace the Earth. Far too good to be in front of the Queen.

I think Diversity are last. (save best till last I say :p)
Plus that seems to give them the advantage if they are. They will be the most recent when people have to vote, so most people will be thinking about them.

Changeling
30-05-09, 18:48
Plus that seems to give them the advantage if they are. They will be the most recent when people have to vote, so most people will be thinking about them.

That's clever psychology :p

Spong
30-05-09, 18:51
I'm starting to see people's argument about the number of singers in this thing. It's all a bit too X-Factor. There's been like two acts that haven't been singing so far. And those were dancers (and I use the term loosely when talking about those fat guys).

Where's all the variety acts? Where's the jugglers and the and animal acts? Where's the blindfold amputee knife thrower? Where's the woman who can play the God Save The Queen with her eyebrow?

EDIT
And the guy who just sung seemed to say nothing but "I know" for a solid two minutes.

jackles
30-05-09, 18:52
I'm starting to see people's argument about the number of singers in this thing. It's all a bit too X-Factor. There's been like two acts that haven't been singing so far. And those were dancers (and I use the term loosely when talking about those fat guys).

Where's all the variety acts? Where's the jugglers and the and animal acts? Where's the blindfold amputee knife thrower? Where's the woman who can play the God Save The Queen with her eyebrow?

Susan Boyle will be along later...oops....*naughty bad jackles..slaps self*

Phys
30-05-09, 18:57
Aww Susan you dissapointed me :(

She didn't do as good as her audition...

Spong
30-05-09, 18:59
Susan Boyle will be along later...oops....*naughty bad jackles..slaps self*

She's sung everyone else off the stage so far if you ask me, I was actually quite impressed. She still looks like a slab of porridge in a wig though.

Lara's home
30-05-09, 19:02
What song did she sing?

Lara Fan 4Life
30-05-09, 19:04

I thought she sang perfectly and I agree with Spong, she sung everyone off the stage. She was VERY nervous, and I had doubts all this week she wouldn't have been able to pull it off, but she did. I'm happy for her and I still find her hilarious. :D

What song did she sing?
She sang the same song as her auditions.

Changeling
30-05-09, 19:06
What song did she sing?

'I Dreamed a Dream' from the musical Les Miserables - the same as her audition song. :)

Phys
30-05-09, 19:06
What song did she sing?

Same as in her audition... 'I Dreamed a Dream' by Les Miserables

Lara's home
30-05-09, 19:07
I thought she sang perfectly and I agree with Spong, she sung everyone off the stage. She was VERY nervous, and I had doubts all this week she wouldn't have been able to pull it off, but she did. I'm happy for her and I still find her hilarious. :D

She sang the same song as her auditions.

'I Dreamed a Dream' from the musical Les Miserables - the same as her audition song. :)

Thanks.
Best wishes for her. She is definetely my favorite. :)

Changeling
30-05-09, 19:09
WOW! Diversity really impressed me! :jmp:

Phys
30-05-09, 19:10
WHOAH Diversity was AMAZING then! They SO need to win!!!!!

:jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp:

jackles
30-05-09, 19:11
Diversity should win. Shuttit Piers!!!

:D

Spong
30-05-09, 19:12
^^Yeah, I thought they were pretty cool actually. But a lot of time was wasted as they moved from one set-piece move to another. But they were a hell of a lot more high-energy than the other lot.

@Changeling
LOL at your edit. You confused me at first.

scion05
30-05-09, 19:13
To me personally, I think she was absolutely fantastic ( su-bo ). Her voice
was perfect and strong, and she sang it a million times better than her audition
were I actually thought she sounded strained. She's not turned into a diva or w.e
people have been saying, she's just a nice and humble lady with a real gift, and for
that I hope she wins.

Love to Susan Boyle! xD

Changeling
30-05-09, 19:13
@Changeling
LOL at your edit. You confused me at first.

:vlol: I know, I don't know what I was thinking :p

Spong
30-05-09, 19:14
Don't like the guy with the trumpet (or whatever it is) :mad:
Sounds like Coronation Street. Boring.

Changeling
30-05-09, 19:16

True. :p But you can really tell that he has a massive for passion for this, and he's very humble.

EDIT:
Btw, it's a saxaphone :D

Spong
30-05-09, 19:19
EDIT:
Btw, it's a saxaphone :D

LOL, brass wind instruments all make the same annoying noise in my ears >.<

Seth94
30-05-09, 19:21

I thought he was good actually.
And Coronation street is a great soap program actually. :ton:

Phys
30-05-09, 19:23
If the Sax guy, Hollie, Two Grand, or Shaheen win tonight, the show has lost the plot :p

They were all good, but The other acts were much better and have a better chance of winning.

Spong
30-05-09, 19:24
I thought he was good actually.
And Coronation street is a great soap program actually. :ton:

It's less bad than Eastenders I guess ;)

But now the show's over, I repeat what I said before...

It was just the X-Factor.

Lara Fan 4Life
30-05-09, 19:25
Diversity were feckin AMAZING!!! :jmp: I'm going for them and Su-Bo for the win tonight. :D

Biddy
30-05-09, 19:27
Diversity blew me away tonight. I loved the Transformers inspired routine. The buzzer thing made me laugh, brilliant. :vlol:

I'm voting for them. No doubt! :yah:

scion05
SU BO SU BO SU BO SU BO

lW3FmBVoglY

:jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

Seth94
If the Sax guy, Hollie, Two Grand, or Shaheen win tonight, the show has lost the plot :p

They were all good, but The other acts were much better and have a better chance of winning.

Swap Shaheen/Person on the saxaphone for the Greek dancers and then you're right. :)

*laralover*
30-05-09, 19:29
Omg Diversity were awesome :jmp: I was a little bit dissapointd with Aiden but he was still awesome :D I also really love the guy on the Sax...really touches your soul :( Susan Boyle was good as expected but eh i dont know....Who knows who will win :pi:

Phys
Swap Shaheen for the Greek dancers and then you're right. :)

Sorry but I can't stand that little brat. Stavros Flatley don't have any talent, but they are VERY entertaining :vlol:

Spong
I don't see the fascination of the show myself, but hey, I can't get the time back now. It wasn't as morale-sappingly dull as I predicted it to be, but it was easily the worst episode of Primeval I've ever seen.

If I were to pick a winner I'd say it'd be pointless because Susan Boyle's gonna win regardless.

Phys
30-05-09, 19:31
I don't see the fascination of the show myself, but hey, I can't get the time back now. It wasn't as morale-sappingly dull as I predicted it to be, but it was easily the worst episode of Primeval I've ever seen.

If I were to pick a winner I'd say it'd be pointless because Susan Boyle's gonna win regardless.

I think Diversity have a VERY good chance of winning. I've been with Susan all the way since her audition but she disappointed me tonight. I think i'd be dissapointed if she got through and Diversity didn't.

scion05
30-05-09, 19:32
I don't mind which of the two win, but I'd sooner it be Susan tbh. I think
she's just incredible, when she tours I'll totally go and see her :)

TRhalloween
30-05-09, 19:34
Everyone outside the UK says Susan Boyle >_<

Minty Mouth
30-05-09, 19:34
I dunno about diversity, Aidan, got a bigger cheer than anyone else so far.

Dark Lugia 2
30-05-09, 19:37
I want Susan to win! She gave me goosebumps :D Diversity were amazing too.

Spong
I want Susan to win! She gave me goosebumps :D

I'd see a doctor about that.

Reggie
I'd like Diversity to win but I have no idea who will. The safe bet says Susan but has the UK really taken to Susan like the USA? I'm not so sure...we'll soon know!

scion05
30-05-09, 19:42
I want Susan to win! She gave me goosebumps :D Diversity were amazing too.

Was holding back tears and that is very rare for me.

b0bb13
30-05-09, 19:55
uDn62LbXx0c

Aww,I love this woman.:D
I really hope she wins.Not only for her amazing voice,but because she sings from her heart.:)

touchthesky
30-05-09, 19:57
Shaheen to win!

:D

Lara Fan 4Life
30-05-09, 19:59
She is the Scottish wonderwoman. :D Go Su-Bo. :jmp:

Changeling
30-05-09, 20:02
Meh, I'm not too impressed with Stavros Flately. I think there are better acts there. ;)

Phys
30-05-09, 20:43
Soooo who do you think will win?

Changeling
30-05-09, 20:45
I'm hoping either Susan Boyle, Diversity or Shaheen :D

ZOMG TEH PHONE LINEZ R NAOW CLOZED!!!!

LaraCroftRox
30-05-09, 20:52
I want Diversity to win....bet it'll be Susan Boyle though. :rolleyes: :(

EDIT: ZOMG, she didn't win! :yik: :D

Changeling
30-05-09, 20:54
And the winner is...

DIVERSITY!

jonathanrij
30-05-09, 20:54
I hope Susan Boyle wins, but it's the question if she can handle all the pressure.

jackles
30-05-09, 20:55
Omg!! yay diversity! wish I had had bet on it now!!

Spong
30-05-09, 20:55
I knew Diversity would win :D

*cough*

I bet badger woman's gonna kick off backstage though.

TR93
30-05-09, 20:56
DIVERSTIY...HELL YEAH:jmp:
I am so happy they won they are amazing!:D

Nannonxyay
30-05-09, 20:56
:jmp: YAY! I am so happy Diversity won, they were brilliant. Amazing dancers and I hope they do well in the future. :D :jmp:

Biddy
30-05-09, 20:57
HOORAY for DIVERSITY!! :yah: :yah:

They are amazing, I wish them luck, what lucky folk! I'm so glad. :jmp: :D

LaraCroftRox
30-05-09, 20:57
I can't wait for the uproar about her not winning. :mis:

:D:D:DYay, Diversity.

TR93
30-05-09, 20:58
Although Susan Boyle did look happy for them, I think she was a little scared of being too famous,
But she took it well...I still like Susan, she's really sweet:)

Phys
30-05-09, 20:59
Im SO GLAD DIVERSITY WON!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!

:jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp: :jmp:

Changeling
I think Susan was glad that she wasn't the winner - she was so humble and gracious about it and she was scared about becoming too famous. :)

ultima espio
Woo diversity:jmp:

That was a very imaginative act too:D

jackles
I think Susan Boyles mistake was to do the same song again. With Diversity's creativity it looked kind uninspired in comparison.

Spong
30-05-09, 21:00
So who do I get in touch with to complain about Primeval being cancelled?