PDA

View Full Version : Classic Games

daventry
25-05-09, 14:12
Im thinking of Buying the Classic TR Games again, i found out you can Buy the TR1-TR6 Box Set from Amazon.

What Patches or Programs would i need for TR1 again and i think TR2 aswell.

Apparently you need to Burn TR1 and TR2 on a Seprate Disc for the Audio to Work, now how do i do that again.

I know TR3/TR4/TR5/TR6 uses a its Own Patch a Mod made here on the Board, what is that again.

Do i need TR1 and TR2 to play the Gold Levels and i think you dont need TR4 to play the Exclusive Times Level.

gidierre
25-05-09, 14:28
Im thinking of Buying the Classic TR Games again, i found out you can Buy the TR1-TR6 Box Set from Amazon.

TR2 to 5 can use the "multipatcher" tool.

for TR1 (but are you on Xp or Vista or what?) you can choose among no less than 3 different utility packs to apply or it will be hard to play

TR1Gold levels are free to download
TR2Gold and 3Gold aka Lost Artifact usually come on separate cdrom's afaik, I have no clue whether they're included in the "Classic"

finally if, and only if, those Classic cdrom's come without audio tracks, like the so called Sold Out versions, you'll have to burn a cd replacement for them

HTH

daventry
25-05-09, 14:52
I have Windows XP

gidierre
25-05-09, 15:32
I have Windows XP
then for TR2 -> 5
only the free multipatcher is needed

for TR1 and UB things are more complicated and
you'll need one among
Glidos, dgVoodoo or Dosbox
to be able to run it anyway.

rr_carroll
26-05-09, 06:13
The TR2 Gold levels are also downloadable (but not Lost Artifact - buy it if you can, it's a gem). You need the TR2 disk. It's items 3 or 4 on this page:
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr2/gold/demo.html