PDA

View Full Version : In your prayers tonight...

Eleana
25-05-09, 16:45
Hello everyone.

I'm sorry if this post makes little sense and I apologise additionally as it feels rude asking many near-strangers for assistance, but I love this community and know most here have very kind generous hearts.

Please meet my lovely little sweetheart.

http://i39.************/1zleog3.jpg

http://i41.************/2ugcpad.jpg

Her name is Onxyia (which some may recognize from Warcraft lore.) She is just under a year old and is the loveliest, friendliest creature I have ever had the pleasure of knowing - let alone being a mummy to.

I collected Onxyia last September. At the time I was living with my best friend and after toying with many names we noticed that although she was tabby, her paw-pads were completely black. If she was a boy, her given name would of been "Onyx", but as she is a little girl, my friend and I decided on Onyxia.

I moved out of the house I shared with my friend as she was expecting and decided to live with her boyfriend. Onxyia came with me to my mums where she fit in like the missing piece of a puzzle. There is little space at my mothers so I moved into a small flat/apartment with my boyfriend just around the corner. Unfortunately due to a "no-pets" policy Onxyia couldn't come with us, but as she is a 30 second walk away I was pleased enough with the situation.

My mum was quite taken with the little kitten! Since her cat died of 18 years passed away a couple of years ago, she felt there was a strange little void in the household despite the fact she already has a cat and a very lovely dog. My little "Oxy" melted everyones heart. We had had cats in the past of a grumpy, temperamental nature, but Oxy is playful and so so friendly and straight away became a part of the family. She walks down the path to greet us as we come home. If she notices my mum going out to the car she will jump in and sit on the passenger seat! She is so adorable!

The week before last, she went right off her food and although she was still very cuddly and loved attention, she seemed quite low and allot less playful. That weekend I took her to the Vet, who said she had a high temperature and gave her antibiotics. My boyfriend and I took her back again last Monday for another dose and she showed a noticeable improvement.

Unfortunately by Thursday she wasn't eating again, and was even more lethargic than before. In addition, her belly was getting bigger. We thought she could be pregnant but wasn't coping to well. On Saturday morning (this Saturday just gone) my mum and I took her back to the Vet, pointing out the new problem. The Vet promised to give my little baby an ultrasound as she agreed that it was likely she could be in kitten.

That night we called back and the vet said that Oxy was very dehydrated and was now on a drip. The ultrasound could of showed kittens however the antibiotics given the week before may well of killed her babies. We were asked to call back the next morning to see if there was any improvement (she was still very lethargic and not eating)

The next morning she began to show improvement, but the Vet wanted to operate to remove her kittens. All that mattered to me was my little darling so I agreed straight away. As thrilled as I was at the possibility of kittens running around they were upsetting Oxy so much, and dead, they could give her blood poisoning.

My mum came to see me last night with the news. Oxy is not pregnant, but has a rare condition known as FPI, and the swelling was fluid in her abdomen that the Vet had drained. This condition is fatal to 1 in 5000 cats and no sure cure is known.

Oxy is comfortable at the moment but then the virus does not pain the cat, only causes discomfort. The only treatment available is a high dosage of steroids which our Vet advised did not work for the two cats she had previously treated with this condition before. She did however add that the two cats before were old and that Oxy's youth may lend her strength.

I type this just before I go and collect her. She is comfortable and much happier having the fluid removed. There is no reason for her to stay at the Vets, but the odds are against Oxy and I have not stopped crying since last night.

And for my request - if you will, please keep my beautiful little cat in your prayers tonight. I understand that a Pagan asking for your well wishes can seem very odd, but to me whether you're praying to one God or the next, with pure intentions the message will be sent. I harbor no illusions and understand that whatever will be is not my decision, but with conventional medicine and spiritual aid, I know that I've given Oxy her best chance.

Do not feel obliged. All help I receive whatever the outcome is appreciated more than you will ever know.

I apologise for this long post, and please everyone who has poorly pets, feel free to post here. This is a hard, terrible burden to bear, so do not think your alone.

Thank you everyone.
Bright blessings to you all

xxx

Marianna12
25-05-09, 16:49
OMG! I'm very sorry for your cat!:(:(:(

I'll definatelly pray for her tonight...:hug::hug::hug:
I hope she recovers soon!:(

Alex Fly
25-05-09, 16:59
I really hope your cat will get better as soon as possible.

I don't pray but I will have thoughts for her to recover quickly... :hug:

violentblossom
25-05-09, 17:00
My thoughts are with your beloved kitty and yourself.

I'm not religious but i will ask everyone i know to pray, sweetie.

:hug:

I'm here for you.

Gabi
25-05-09, 17:01
From previous experience I know how heartbreaking it can be to lose a much loved pet.
Onxyia and you are in my thoughts.

TTV
25-05-09, 17:02
Awww, I'm very sorry for you and your cat. :hug: :( Be sure that I'll keep her in my prayers. :hug:

Changeling
25-05-09, 17:03
That's horrible. :( I really hope that poor Oxy gets better.

I'll pray to all the Gods/Goddesses, despite which ones exist or not. :hug:

Nannonxyay
25-05-09, 17:11
Oh my. :( I'm so sorry about your poor kitty.

Your cat will be in my thoughts, and I'll cross my fingers for it. :hug:

Kiss-Bite
25-05-09, 17:15
Oh dear!:( My thoughts are with you & your beloved.:hug: My fingers are crossed & I genuinely really hope, Onxyia, is in tip top health again real soon.;)

Lara's Nemesis
25-05-09, 17:22
What a beautiful cat. She sounds like a bit of a character as well.

Wishing her a speedy recovery.:hug:

Melonie Tomb Raider
25-05-09, 17:26
Aww, that is so sad. I will definitely pray for you beautiful cat. :hug:

Reminds me of what happened to my brothers cat a little over a year ago. He was a family pet for about 8 years, we fell in love with him, but he ended up getting sick, and no matter what we did, we could not get him to eat. The vet said there wasn't much we could do except for try to get him to eat, and after trying so hard, we saw him gro from about 10 pounds down to nothing but skin and bones. He eventually died, but before he did, I remember seeing him laying down on the cold, hardwood floor in the kitchen, just laying there so weak and ill, it broke my heart. I wrapped him up in a blanket and started to pet him, and my mom and aunt crowded around and was petting him as well, we were all crying our eyes out, it was so sad. He was happy, though. Despite the fact that he wasn't feeling well, he was purring and enjoyed every minute of it.

Later the next morning my dad found him lying dead under my brother's bed. :( Definitely the saddest pet lost we've ever experienced, I'm getting all choked up thinking about it now and it's been over a year.

I just hope your cat pulls through this ok.

adventurerLara
25-05-09, 17:28
:(
She is in my thoughts, hope she recovers:hug::hug:

Rai
25-05-09, 17:38
I'm so sorry to learn Onxyia is poorly. I hope she pulls through.

I'm not religious, but she is in my thoughts and all my good wishes go out to her and you too.

]{eith
25-05-09, 17:42
Aww, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope your cat recovers soon. :hug:

touchthesky
25-05-09, 17:45

I hope she can get better.

patriots88888
25-05-09, 17:48
Wishing your lovely Onyxia all the best and better days ahead. Be assured you are not alone and that you and your kitten are in our thoughts and prayers. :hug:

Atlantean-Squid
25-05-09, 17:50
Your lovely little friend will be in my thoughts :hug:

*laralover*
25-05-09, 18:08
Aw shes adorable :( My cat got hit by a car and broke his leg one night...Came running to me through the window...He had to stay at the vets for a couple of weeks with a huge bandage on his leg. He stayed in a cage for many weeks and it was awful seeing him cry...:( Thankfully he pulled through and he is very happy these days :D I wont pray but ill hope your cat pulls through ok...:hug:

rickybazire
25-05-09, 18:27
In my prayers already. God bless.

DaNoNeMoKiId
25-05-09, 18:28
Aww :(
I will definitely pray for you and your cat. I can't stand hearing about a suffering cat, I hope she gets better. :hug:

MattTR
25-05-09, 18:35
I'm so sorry honey! :(

Your dear cat and also yourself will be in my prayers tonight, hope everything gets better. :hug: :o

touchmyheart
25-05-09, 18:37
My thoughts will certainly be with you :hug:

badboy70
25-05-09, 18:53
Aww, I do't pray but I'll certainly think of her :tmb:

SGRaider
25-05-09, 19:04
You and your sweet Onxyia will be in my prayers and thoughts. I really hope she gets better. :hug:

CroftGameGirl
25-05-09, 19:05
I don't really pray either but you and her will be in my thoughts:(
Don't worry, we all hope she pulls through :hug::)

angelfaithrox
25-05-09, 19:36
edit.

Elessar87
25-05-09, 19:40
Aww, I'll certainly keep you cat in my thoughts. Here's hoping she recovers swiftly. :hug:

Elmer
25-05-09, 20:09
I'm so sorry to hear this:( Let everything get al right again:(
My thoughts will be with her tonight Eleana.

Alexandritee
25-05-09, 20:34
I'm so so sorry, I'll pray for her as much as I can. As a fellow cat owner myself, if this happened to my little guy, I would do exactly the same thing. I hope Onyxia get better soon.

Eleana
25-05-09, 21:20
My goodness.

Thank you so much everyone. I don't know what to say... I'm so incredibly thankful to be a part of this community. :o Your kind words and experiences have really given me strength and more than a little hope. Even though I know not everyone prays, but that you are thinking of my little kitten carries just as much meaning.

I brought her home, and she seems sore from the operation and keeps twisting to get comfy. I've spent the afternoon talking to her, petting her, and I gave her a little sponge down to cool her. I don't think I've ever cried so much. Her belly seems very big again, but hopefully that is just swelling/bloatedness from the operation. On a brighter note; she ate half a pouch of cat food enthusiatically and tomorrow I can start to give her the medicine from the vet.

I will let you know how she gets along. I know she would be so very grateful for all your love and support.

Thank you. xxx

violentblossom
25-05-09, 21:23
My goodness.

Thank you so much everyone. I don't know what to say... I'm so incredibly thankful to be a part of this community. :o Your kind words and experiences have really given me strength and more than a little hope. Even though I know not everyone prays, but that you are thinking of my little kitten carries just as much meaning.

I brought her home, and she seems sore from the operation and keeps twisting to get comfy. I've spent the afternoon talking to her, petting her, and I gave her a little sponge down to cool her. I don't think I've ever cried so much. Her belly seems very big again, but hopefully that is just swelling/bloatedness from the operation. On a brighter note; she ate half a pouch of cat food enthusiatically and tomorrow I can start to give her the medicine from the vet.

I will let you know how she gets along. I know she would be so very grateful for all your love and support.

Thank you. xxx

Yes, her belly is probably mostly bloated due to the surgery.

I'm glad that seems to be doing better! :hug:

You seem like a great mommy to her. :) She's very lucky to have such a dedicated and loving person in her life.

patriots88888
25-05-09, 21:28
Glad to hear she is back home again and seems to be doing much better! :) And she's eating again so that's a really good sign. :D

Alexandritee
25-05-09, 21:43
Send my love to her, will you? :D