PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Wiki

ggctuk
25-05-09, 18:33
The Tomb Raider wiki is not a rival project, but appears to have been started (and neglected) some time before the other wikis (such as the TR wiki here). The sole purpose of the wiki is to chronicle EVERYTHING to do with the Tomb aider world - games, enemies, weapons, level editor, projects, you name it.

WE ARE NOT WIKIPEDIA. We are a fan-based project that hopes to document things Wikipedia deleted for being too "fluffy" (their words, not mine) or irrelevant etc. But we do want this to be a serious project.

But there's just two of us working there at the moment, we could really use your help and input. Anything you have to contribute, no matter how small, will be greatly appreciated.

http://laracroft.wikia.com/

MattTR
25-05-09, 18:40
I'm pretty sure Justin has a Tomb Raider wiki, in fact I'm sure he does.

http://www.tombraiderwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

^Is it anything like this?

ggctuk
25-05-09, 18:45
That was the one I said it was not. The wiki you have listed there looks like it will only handle the official stuff. The wiki I linked to wants to be a base of info on everything TR, even the fan community.

MattTR
25-05-09, 18:46
That was the one I said it was not. The wiki you have listed there looks like it will only handle the official stuff. The wiki I linked to wants to be a base of info on everything TR, even the fan community.

Like Level editor games and individual members, cosplay and such like that? I guess that sounds interesting.. would be a lot of work though. :eek:

ggctuk
25-05-09, 19:16
Yeah, at the mo we start with what Wikipedia has (not very much) and branch out from there. Shame because there was a good Level Editor article on there about a year ago (I started) that got deleted because it became too much like an advertisement.

MattTR
25-05-09, 19:27
I haven't played the level editor in years, but when I did I always used: www.trle.net, it's a good source, may be the best. :)

Phys
25-05-09, 19:40
Yeah, at the mo we start with what Wikipedia has (not very much) and branch out from there. Shame because there was a good Level Editor article on there about a year ago (I started) that got deleted because it became too much like an advertisement.

You can request an admin to give you a copy of the page. Its best to try and find an admin with a category such as 'Administrators willing to give a copy of deleted pages'. :)

spikejones
25-05-09, 22:27
why not you guys contribute to ours instead? afterall, you are now a member of this community, and it is a community project ;) It is only neglected now perhaps because everyone has either A) lost interest, B) exhausted their knowledge. I think if you have more to share, could you not contribute to ours instead? sorta seems like advertising the competition IMO - even though you say otherwise.