PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to connect 360 and PC to internet with 1 modem?

DaNoNeMoKiId
25-05-09, 20:26
I have a 360 and a pc, but I only have one modem and no router:(
Whenever I want to go on Live, I have to disconnect my modem from my PC and reboot my modem just so it can work. I have to do this everytime I connect my 360 to the internet or vice versa. So do you guys know of a method that will let me connect both of stuff to the internet at the same time? If I just plug in the ethernet for the 360 and the usb to the pc it doesn't work. Only one is able to connect. I tried googling for solutions but its no bweno. One site said to make a proxy server but I'm too pudding minded to even know how to do that. Help pleaseeee.

nick-xx
25-05-09, 20:34
Well like one of the problem here with someone else, the best of all method would using a router hassle free and not really that expensive. Well about the modem if they have a usb and ethernet port, only one would work because is usually for people that don't have a network card but still have a usb port. Even with a proxy you would still need a connection to your pc..

spikejones
25-05-09, 21:38
^If you have the type modem that uses a USB port, you can connect the USB cable to the PC. Then, you can use an ethernet cable to connect the PC to the X-Box. Enable Internet Connection Sharing on the PC (while the X-BOX is on and connected) and you should have the effect of turning your PC into a router.

read more here:
http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/xbox360/XboxLive/GetConnected/SetupaHomeNetwork/WindowsICSConnection.aspx

DaNoNeMoKiId
25-05-09, 22:50
^If you have the type modem that uses a USB port, you can connect the USB cable to the PC. Then, you can use an ethernet cable to connect the PC to the X-Box. Enable Internet Connection Sharing on the PC (while the X-BOX is on and connected) and you should have the effect of turning your PC into a router.

read more here:
http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/xbox360/XboxLive/GetConnected/SetupaHomeNetwork/WindowsICSConnection.aspx
Weeee, yes I have that type of modem :jmp:
The internet connection sharing is on vista right? Like is it in control panel?
So if I try this, I will be able to connect my 360 and PC to the internet at the same time?
Sorry to be a bother, do you think you could like tell me step by step how to set internet connection sharing on?

spikejones
25-05-09, 23:06
^go to the website I linked, and choose Internet Connection Sharing USB from the drop down box at the top.

DaNoNeMoKiId
27-05-09, 00:40
Hey, I tried to do that, and no bueno. I set up the whole internet connection sharing stuff but the 360 just doesn't want to cooperate :(
Thanks for helping me though :hug:.

spikejones
27-05-09, 02:09
have you tried manually entering the IP address and such for the xbox?

DaNoNeMoKiId
31-05-09, 18:31
have you tried manually entering the IP address and such for the xbox?

Yep but it still doesn't work :(

Fry's, here I come! (to buy a router)