PDA

View Full Version : MSN Virus

larafan25
25-05-09, 22:06
Ok sooo.....

I don't know if this should be in the technical forum but if it should could someone move it?:)

ok so,a virus has been going around msn and some people on my contacts list got it,and I didn't realize untill I opened one of the links it sent me.

so now I have the virus and whenever I go offline it signs me in and starts talking to my contacts and sending them stuff.

so is there a way to fix this???because it is bigging the crap out of me and my contacts:(

please help:)

LaraCroftRox
25-05-09, 22:08
My friends got that too and I told them they could try changing thier passwords, and that seemed to fix it. :)

larafan25
25-05-09, 22:08
ok thanks,how do I change my password though?:)

spikejones
25-05-09, 22:09
1. yes.. technical support issues should go into technical support section :)
2. run the free online scan from www.kaspersky.com
3. run ardiag.exe (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/download/ardiag.exe) and post the report

(in that order)

trXD
25-05-09, 22:09
oooh is that the one where it sends stuff like "hey check out me with my sex toys at www.*emailadress*sexy22.com

I wouldn't worry about it, most people know that its a virus because its so common and you are offline while it sends it. And also the link dosen't take you anywhere.

spikejones
25-05-09, 22:10
^still is unwanted behavior :mis:

Rai
25-05-09, 22:10
The best way is to not open the links. I had one recently and I just ignore it. It's once you click on the damn thing that the virus starts. So what is the latest one?

Do you have virus protection? Just run a scan and see what it comes up with. Avast or Malwarebytes are good ones.

EDIT: to change your MSN Password: Go into the menu, select Options. In 'Public Profile' choose to Edit Profile. This will take you to a web page with your profile. In the corner is a button for 'Options'. See the section for your account and click into Passwords, you will be able to change your password.

Good luck. :)

LaraCroftRox
25-05-09, 22:13

Go on your email website thingy that you use to sign in, like hotmail or googlemail or whatever, and search around in the options for change password. I don't know chich your using so can't say much more than that.

spikejones
25-05-09, 22:21

would you rather:
A) simply change your password to prevent the further spread, yet leave the trojan / virus on your machine possibly staying susceptible to more infections

or

B) do it right and clean the thing by doing as I've asked above?

Sega Saturn
25-05-09, 22:23
Since I'm from Saturn, trust me. *angelface* :p
Make an virus scan, download Malwarebytes (if you haven't it)
and make a scan with it, if they don't find anything, reset your password.

LaraCroftRox
25-05-09, 22:25
@LaraFan25 - Listen to the smarter people I guess. :o

Sega Saturn
25-05-09, 22:26
@LaraFan25 - Listen to the smarter people I guess. :o

Awww, you were helpful as well. :hug:

larafan25
26-05-09, 01:09
ok Ill try to run those programs:)

thanks for the help:)

you were helpfull alot too laracroftrox:)