PDA

View Full Version : Really Annoying!

Croft, Lara
25-05-09, 23:03
I'm probably gonna get killed for even thinking this but:

Does anyone else think moderators can sometimes be really annoying?

"Resize this picture!"

"Thread closed"

Too much power if ya ask me!

It can be necessary most times, but sometimes it's just downright annoying!

Have fun reading this. It'll be closed within the hour! :ton:

violentblossom
25-05-09, 23:04
*sigh*

Unappreciative, much??

If you're breaking the rules, its your own damn fault. Sorry.

Mr.Burns
25-05-09, 23:05
No and being a former moderator,I know that they do their job to keep the forum from descending into chaos. Believe me, in an ideal situation, they wouldn't want to do what they have to, but since many don't listen or know the rules, they have to enforce them.

Lew
It's only a forum.... not like a country or anything.

Tony9595
Thatīs the main reason of why I love this forum.

Complete order in it, not just heaps of spam and nosense things everywhere.

Mad Tony
http://img.timeinc.net/time/photoessays/2007/ussr/october_21.jpg

'Tis the beginning of a revolution, fellow comrade.

In all seriousness though, I think they're just enforcing the rules. If people don't abide by the rules then they only have themselves to blame.

TombRaiderLover
25-05-09, 23:06
ohmghozz u iz wel a rebel LOLZ!1!!

TRhalloween
25-05-09, 23:06
"Resize this picture!"

"Thread closed"

No. Think about it, why would they say that? If a picture is to big or when a thread needs to be closed. Justin has laid out certain rules that you have to follow when you join the forum. You can't say 'Okay' to them then complain about them later.

DaNoNeMoKiId
25-05-09, 23:08
It's their job to do that.

Smog
25-05-09, 23:09
All the moderating on this forum has always seemed pretty reasonable to me. The mods also tend to hang out and take part in threads casually a lot more than they would on other boards. Hell, I haven't even mentioned Justin's frequent spam threads. :p

Rai
25-05-09, 23:11
The mods are only doing their job, which by the way is for free and in their own time. They do it to keep the forum tidy and free of spam so that the members can enjoy the forum more.

When you joined the forum you agreed to the terms and conditions.

And yes, this thread will be closed soon no doubt as it is the sort of spam that clogs the forum up.

:wve:

Saphyre
25-05-09, 23:11
Oh for pete's sake (who's pete anyways?) Mods serve a purpose and without them, the forum would literally be a big mess. They need to maintain the threads, whats the point of having massive images that stretch the whole forum and take ages to load? Whats the point of having mulitiple threads about the same thing? Whats the point of having meaningless threads?

A forum with no moderation at all is a rubbish, messy forum IMO, unorganized and filled with fights here and there and loads of duplicate threads, pointless threads the works.

*Sighs* and don't forget Mods aren't just robots, I have spoken to a few of them and they're very nice people.

violentblossom
25-05-09, 23:12
I think that at the end of the day, you really just have to remember that the mods are performing a service, but they're real people, just like the rest of us.

Real people who also like Tomb Raider, haha.

I'm a member of a forum that is not moderated at all, and its crazy.. its full of spam, its a dump, and the members there are vicious and unhelpful.

I think once you learn to not take moderation seriously, you can really learn from your mistakes and realize how cool the moderators really are.

SweetMaleficia
25-05-09, 23:17
I don't agree with the closing of some threads, but you shouldn't complain, otherwise this place, to put it kindly, would become a ****hole.

Rai
25-05-09, 23:18
This is probaly just adding to the spam, but:

Saphyre, I've wondered that about 'Pete' before too :p.

You and VilolentBlossom make good points, the mods are good people.

TRhalloween
25-05-09, 23:20
I think that at the end of the day, you really just have to remember that the mods are performing a service, but they're real people, just like the rest of us.

Real people who also like Tomb Raider, haha.

I'm a member of a forum that is not moderated at all, and its crazy.. its full of spam, its a dump, and the members there are vicious and unhelpful.

I think once you learn to not take moderation seriously, you can really learn from your mistakes and realize how cool the moderators really are.

Ugh, totally agree. I go to a forum that's either barely or not at all moderated. I believe someone got warned once but...blah.

This is honestly the best forum I've been to.

Tony9595
25-05-09, 23:20
Oh for pete's sake (who's pete anyways?) Mods serve a purpose and without them, the forum would literally be a big mess. They need to maintain the threads, whats the point of having massive images that stretch the whole forum and take ages to load? Whats the point of having mulitiple threads about the same thing? Whats the point of having meaningless threads?

A forum with no moderation at all is a rubbish, messy forum IMO, unorganized and filled with fights here and there and loads of duplicate threads, pointless threads the works.

*Sighs* and don't forget Mods aren't just robots, I have spoken to a few of them and they're very nice people.

I couldnīt have said it better :tmb:!

Lee croft
25-05-09, 23:23
there only doing there job :wve:

violentblossom
25-05-09, 23:24
Ugh, totally agree. I go to a forum that's either barely or not at all moderated. I believe someone got warned once but...blah.

This is honestly the best forum I've been to.

Me, too. Its my favorite, and the only one related to games, lol, every single other one is related to The Doors. :p

TRhalloween
25-05-09, 23:30
Me, too. Its my favorite, and the only one related to games, lol, every single other one is related to The Doors. :p

Hehe Why would you go to multiple forums relating to the same subject? :p

violentblossom
25-05-09, 23:50
Hehe Why would you go to multiple forums relating to the same subject? :p

lol, different content.. i collect all things Doors.. mostly rares.

also, different personalities with which to discuss things.

DaNoNeMoKiId
25-05-09, 23:53
It's called discipline.
The same thing parents did when you were younger. At the end of the day, you'll appreciate their strict ways, it shapes you as a "forumer"
Mods don't act mean for fun, they do it because they just want everyone to be behaving and respectful. If parents didn't discipline their kids, when they grow up, they are sure to go to Juvie or maybe real jail. Same goes for mods, if they didn't have any rules, TRF would go awry and be full of chaos.
So appreciate the things they do, not hate on them for being responsible and doing their job.

Changeling
26-05-09, 00:16
I don't think the Mods here are too strict, I'm a member of a forum which has Mod's and Admins which are WAY stricter. I think TRF has the right balance - a forum with not enough moderation is a mess and in absolute chaos; a forum with too much moderation is boring and un-eventful. I think TRF fits snugly between the two. I mean, the other forum I know is a place where all pictures have to be a certain size, avatar's and signatures are replaced with an embarrassing banner if they're too large, debating is immediately labeled as fighting, if you are warned about something you have an embarassing label underneath your name in bold writing telling everyone what you did until the Mods find it appropriate to take it off, we can't talk about blood (even though the forum is about a franchise with blood in it), swearing is non-filtered, and much more.

DaNoNeMoKiId
26-05-09, 00:34
I don't think the Mods here are too strict, I'm a member of a forum which has Mod's and Admins which are WAY stricter. I think TRF has the right balance - a forum with not enough moderation is a mess and in absolute chaos; a forum with too much moderation is boring and un-eventful. I think TRF fits snugly between the two. I mean, the other forum I know is a place where all pictures have to be a certain size, avatar's and signatures are replaced with an embarrassing banner if they're too large, debating is immediately labeled as fighting, if you are warned about something you have an embarassing label underneath your name in bold writing telling everyone what you did until the Mods find it appropriate to take it off, we can't talk about blood (even though the forum is about a franchise with blood in it), swearing is non-filtered, and much more.
Whats the forum? *evil grin*

Changeling
26-05-09, 00:51
:vlol: I would tell you but they don't like it when we talk about them on other forums, so not saying their name technically isn't breaking the rules :whi::p

TTV
26-05-09, 01:17
Threads like this are starting to annoy me.... That's all.

The mods do there jobs, and from what I can tell they do them pretty well. ;)
It's not as easy as it looks....

spikejones
26-05-09, 01:24
If you are disgruntled at the moderation here, feel free to carry on an intelligent conversation here (http://www.youtube.com). you are welcome.

Tony9595
26-05-09, 01:27
↑ I almost had a heart attack :eek:!!

When I clicked on the link, I saw my username on youtube appear. I thought you linked to my channel :vlol:

It just loaded my mainpage on youtube :p

Quasimodo
26-05-09, 01:30

"Resize this picture!"

"Thread closed"

OMG! I know, right? I personally can't stand them. I couldn't tell you how many times Neteru wouldn't upload a new avvie for me because I just got one last week or it was 48kb or something stupid like that. Mr. Burns would always close my "What are you wearing" and "Boxers or briefs" threads and say something really mean when he did so. Then everyone laughs at their jokes but it is because they are scared. Not me, though.

violentblossom
26-05-09, 01:34
OMG! I know, right? I personally can't stand them. I couldn't tell you how many times Neteru wouldn't upload a new avvie for me because I just got one last week or it was 48kb or something stupid like that. Mr. Burns would always close my "What are you wearing" and "Boxers or briefs" threads and say something really mean when he did so. Then everyone laughs at their jokes but it is because they are scared. Not me, though.

:vlol:

What a bunch of stinky mean heads! :eek: :mad:

Quasimodo
26-05-09, 01:35

What a bunch of stinky mean heads! :eek: :mad:

What the hell? I was being serious. This proves you're just some kiss-up. That penguin has got you right in his pocket.

*leaves thread in a huff*

Mr.Burns
26-05-09, 01:35

:p

What can I say, I was sadistic :mis:

spikejones
26-05-09, 01:37
What the hell? I was being serious. This proves you're just some kiss-up. That penguin has got you right in his pocket.

*leaves thread in a huff*

at least she's not left in his pocket :vlol:

Quasimodo
26-05-09, 01:37
:p

What can I say, I was sadistic :mis:

Stop laughing at me in your secret forum! You only close my threads because you hate me and envy my youth!http://bestsmileys.com/crying/5.gif

TRhalloween
26-05-09, 01:40

haha I get it :)

"How's it hangin?" :D

Quasimodo
26-05-09, 01:41

How do we know he's right-flippered?

ajrich17901
26-05-09, 01:45

Evil mods i tell ya:vlol:

Squibbly
26-05-09, 01:54
I personally think they do a great job, and it's better than there's order around here, I think.

But, I will be honset... there is a moderator (I will never ever say who they are :D) who can sometimes be a little rude to people when they really don't have to, and sometimes say uncalled for things... :whi:

Overall though, I think they do a great job. :)

Admles
26-05-09, 03:55
The Moderators perform a necessary job.

If people just did what they were supposed to do and not think they were above the rules, we'd have a lot less use for them.

The problem is too many people on this planet think themselves above rules, and complain when they get caught, and ***** at those enforcing things.

scoopy_loopy
26-05-09, 04:00

"Resize this picture!"

"Thread closed"

Possibly, but you've only been here 2 months? No one cares about your opinion :D

Stop laughing at me in your secret forum! You only close my threads because you hate me and envy my youth!http://bestsmileys.com/crying/5.gif

I love your posts Quasi, theyre solid gold :D

Indiana Croft
26-05-09, 04:02
I can recall a time where i suggested that it would be more convienient if we could change our avatars ourselves, and that turned into an all out war. I got into a debate with a moderator, i forget who, and I was told I couldn't yell at a moderator. First of all I wasn't yelling, secondly I only suggested it would be easier for all of us. Third, i didn't think that suggesting it was a big deal, just throwing out a random idea. And fourth, the dude was a moderator, not a senator. I'll talk to whomever I chose to as I chose to. Its not like i was debating with the queen. And the moderator was insulting my intelligence quite alot, so I don't see how it was okay for him to "debate with me." And the excuse for everything was "order." its not like viva revolution. It was a suggestion. I still hold a grudge for that. So to answer your question, i can only think of one time in particular that the mods were annoying, but they are only doing their job. However, i do think that some abuse their power a bit.

Elmer
26-05-09, 04:54
Our Moderators are doing a great job:)
So good that this is the only forum I want to go to, all the other ones are scary and un-nice.

Admles
26-05-09, 05:04
Possibly, but you've only been here 2 months?

Almost two years dear.

Check the join date.

Benguitar
26-05-09, 05:05
They do what they do because those are the rules, the rules are strict here, but I don't mind them, TRF is one of the cleanest forums I've seen.

Thanks to the Mods.

XBOXCroft
26-05-09, 05:05
Oh nuts and bolts, There's nothing wrong with the moderators,

Heck, I've really had fun with them. :vlol:

I bookmarked that Beyonce page btw.

Benguitar
26-05-09, 05:08
Oh nuts and bolts, There's nothing wrong with the moderators,

Heck, I've really had fun with them. :vlol:

I bookmarked that Beyonce page btw.

Riv and Net are awesome.

They are a lot of fun to talk with. :)

scoopy_loopy
26-05-09, 05:48
Almost two years dear.

Check the join date.

Join date.... April 2009.

What are you smoking? :vlol:

EDIT; I added a quote to my post so there isnt any more confusion...

Ikas90
26-05-09, 06:07
Know your role and shut your hole! :ohn:

This forum is not a country. Unless we're declaring war. Let's declare war! :eek:

Johnnay
26-05-09, 06:14

well technically this person has joined the forums for a month. its not june yet

scoopy_loopy
26-05-09, 06:22
I was going to say one month, but then, if they joined on the 1st of April, that would make it *almost* 2 months... hence "almost" 2 months.

I get very OCD about these things :tea:

Marianna12
26-05-09, 06:57
There are always some rules, ok? If/when you become a member you have to read the rules and follow them! As many others said, it's their job!
Just imagine the chaos...Huge pictures, spamming, useless threads, bad language etc etc...Well, I don't say that I'm the perfect member! (I have been banned and my threads have been closed, too!) But, would you like to be in a forum like that? I wouldn't!
And that's why I love this forum!:p
Also, it's pretty sad that many members don't appreciate our moderators and Justin. They're doing their job and spend so many hours here just to remind some members to follow the rules!
It's just sad....

Mokono
26-05-09, 07:36
Moderation makes a big difference if u ask me. Otherwise we'll have no difference with such infamous imageboards out there... See, that's annoying

Admles
26-05-09, 08:51

Ahhhh

Was starting to wonder if you were blind :D

Nannonxyay
26-05-09, 09:26
I find some members on here far more irritating than the mods. I mean, look at Nannonxyay, she's such a little *****. :p

Croft, Lara
26-05-09, 10:17
Possibly, but you've only been here 2 months? No one cares about your opinion :D

So what if I've only been here 2 months? Does that mean I'm not entitled to an opinion just because I didn't know the site existed? I've played all the Tomb Raider games and class myself as a fan but because I didn't join this site until April 2009 that means I'm not allowed a say?

The "No one cares about your opinion" made you sound like a little kid if you ask me? And I can kinda guess what your reply is gonna be.

adventurerLara
26-05-09, 10:19
The mods do a really good job at managing this forum :tmb:

Changeling
26-05-09, 10:26
So what if I've only been here 2 months? Does that mean I'm not entitled to an opinion just because I didn't know the site existed? I've played all the Tomb Raider games and class myself as a fan but because I didn't join this site until April 2009 that means I'm not allowed a say?

The "No one cares about your opinion" made you sound like a little kid if you ask me? And I can kinda guess what your reply is gonna be.

scoopy_loopy was only joking.

Marianna12
26-05-09, 10:27
scoopy_loopy was only joking.

That's what I think, too...
In the end of his sentense he put this smilie: :D

TRhalloween
26-05-09, 10:27
Know your role and shut your hole! :ohn:

This forum is not a country. Unless we're declaring war. Let's declare war! :eek:

lol That was my signature :)

I think I'll bring it back :D

scoopy_loopy
26-05-09, 11:58

Would the "OMGAWD WHY CAN'T I WRITE IN ALL CAPZ??" thread be amongst these threads of epic importance of yours that are closed?

-Was that a childish enough reply for you? :D

That's what I think, too...
In the end of his sentense he put this smilie: :D

It was a misguided attempted at cynacism/sarcasm... but a tiny percentage I meant :D (I would hope being a long term member means more than someone that posts out of the blue, say two days into their membership. You're not so bad)

The simple fact of the matter is - a forum this size needs mods. These days the team is much better I think, before there was the odd drama. But I think mod's do their jobs fairly well these days (apart from when posts/threads are deleted, this annoys me. Good reason or not, the whole world should be able to see whatever it was)

And Justin, or whatever God's above select the mods usually go for the enthusiastic, long-term members that show some level of maturity :tea:

]{eith
26-05-09, 12:03
OMG! I know! Who are they to enforce rules and order over us? I mean who do they think they are? Moderators!? HA!
I think some people here may have an 'Oprah Complex'. :rolleyes:

CroftGameGirl
26-05-09, 12:12
Sorry if this has been said before or the topic has completely changed (I couldn't wade through 7 pages :o) But, ain't they doing most of the stuff they do for our sake? E.g. if they tell you to resize a picture it's because certain people's computers can only process so much (am I right? :o) Also if they close a thread there are many reasons behind it. Just think the is a reason. You could always ask why. (Soz if this dragged :o)

patriots88888
26-05-09, 12:15
But, I will be honset... there is a moderator (I will never ever say who they are :D) who can sometimes be a little rude to people when they really don't have to, and sometimes say uncalled for things... :whi:

You have to remember that they are people with different personalities not unlike anyone else here on the forum and not robotic or mechanical. It took me a few months to see how certain mods act and react differently than others, but for the most part, there are no major differences.

I think it's also important to remember that this is just a forum. I honestly believe that some members allow their mood and entire day to be affected by what takes place on TRF. As great of a place this is and can be, there's so much more to life than this forum.

Catapharact
26-05-09, 12:18
If anything, they are too easy going on this forum. Most of the behaviorism on this given forum IMO needs a firm facist hand to slap the given masses back under control. I personally think most of the given people here abuse their given freedom here a bit too much. Ironically, they cry rivers when they get their behinds spanked by someone who just expressing his given opinion as well.

So I say the given toddlers should be thanking their lucky stars that the mods here haven't really decided to bring their foot down full front.

scoopy_loopy
26-05-09, 12:32
Oh Cat, always with the dramatics.

I think this forum is plenty strict enough, Ive only been on one stricter... he was a homophibic nazi.

The forum was even demmed ***********.net-able by this very forum, even though it was TR related.

tampi
26-05-09, 13:02
It could be worse if they had a disintegrator gun. :cln:

Catapharact
26-05-09, 13:05
Oh Cat, always with the dramatics.

What people fail here to realize that a contant stream of "whatever will be, will be" kinda attitude is what ends up damaging a community; It drives out the valued contributers to a given community who actually have more to say about a certain topic other then "This is horrible :(" and that's it. I think we can officially lable that line as the TRF cliche oneliner .

patriots88888
26-05-09, 13:16
What people fail here to realize that a contant stream of "whatever will be, will be" kinda attitude is what ends up damaging a community; It drives out the valued contributers to a given community who actually have more to say about a certain topic other then "This is horrible :(" and that's it. I think we can officially lable that line as the TRF cliche oneliner .

I would have to disagree with that assessment. I think for the most part, people will be here if they choose to be here regardless of any cliche oneliners.

What generally drives people away from forums (and from anywhere for that matter) is how they perceive themselves being treated by others. If they feel certain people are being rude and showing a lack of respect towards them, then they will most likely find somewhere else to spend their time.

Catapharact
26-05-09, 13:27
What generally drives people away from forums (and from anywhere for that matter) is how they perceive themselves being treated by others. If they feel certain people are being rude and showing a lack of respect towards them, then they will most likely find somewhere else to spend their time.

Your assertion of a community is so low key.

It actually depends upon how you precieve a forum to be. IMO there has to be a good balance between somber professional posting and frilly nilly fun time. Communities that can't balance that given ratio end up either losing the fun crowd or the profesisonal one and in the end, an overflux of either one ends up with a low new member count.

Right now IMO GC is so horribly skewed towards the frilly nilly crowd. Kinda obvious actually.

kristi
26-05-09, 13:28
Even though,I had some "not really good" experiences with mods when I was still a newbie,I am starting to agree with them.I've visited some forums,but TRF is the cleanest and this is result of the mods' hard work.

P.S.:I still didn't understand the "Thread Bumping" :confused:.....

scoopy_loopy
26-05-09, 13:32

It actually depends upon how you precieve a forum to be. IMO there has to be a good balance between somber professional posting and frilly nilly fun time. Communities that can't balance that given ratio end up either losing the fun crowd or the profesisonal one and in the end, an overflux of either one ends up with a low new member count.

Right now IMO GC is so horribly skewed towards the frilly nilly crowd. Kinda obvious actually.

Yes it's all to do with how you percieve the forum, Im sure all the "frilly nilly crowd" quite enjoy the atmosphere. The rest of us elitist *******s can form our own club of properly versed, English sentences. Thank-you-very-much-Sir.

patriots88888
26-05-09, 13:40

But you stated in your previous post, "what drives people away" as in, already existing members away. What attracts people to this forum in the first place is the obvious, their liking of TR and other related interests in it.

I still say that for the most part, that one thing which drives people away is their perception of others towards them. I've seen it for more than a year now and know for a fact that's the reason for many members choosing to leave because they have told me so, either directly or indirectly.

Greenkey2
26-05-09, 13:49

"Resize this picture!"

"Thread closed"

It's very simple. You sign up, you agree to abide by the T&C set out for all members to make the forum as sociable and safe a place as possible. You break those rules, you pay the consequences.

If you read some of the comments here - and having this thread open for more than one hour has at least generated some! - you'll find that the majority of people who use the forum appreciate having a clean, safe environment to be in.

Personally, if you'd rather have spam bots offering you dubious viagra or trainers, and flame wars with no-holds-barred on swearing, harrassment and abuse (not to mention keeping threads to the correct sections, or closing duplicates, or making sure someone's massive image doesn't stretch the forum to infinity and beyond), then go ahead and try doing our job :p

It's a forum with basic rules of ettiquete backed up by hundreds of really great people and mods who work damn hard making sure they enjoy being here.

We're not trying to ruin your day. Honest ;)

xXhayleyroxXx
26-05-09, 13:50
I tthe majority of the mods do a good job but theres two i've been really annoyed with. One blatently just hates me and the second played a nasty joke on people which i believed and was dissapointed at. I think if a moderator makes you feel like **** or stupid or upset on these forums, the're obviously not doing their job properly and they should take note on this!!!!

Love2Raid
26-05-09, 14:00
Have you ever visited a badly moderated forum or worse, a so-called 'self-moderating' forum? :eek:

The same reason we have laws and police force in our countries. You just can't expect from everyone to act like they should. Some people just have it in their nature to start screaming, bashing, calling names. Especially on forums, where nobody really knows who you are.

This place, which has many members and is really 'vivid' will turn into 'troll-heaven' if not strictly moderated. Some rules I find a bit over the top as well, but hey, the place is clean, that's what matters. :)

Catapharact
26-05-09, 14:09
Yes it's all to do with how you percieve the forum, Im sure all the "frilly nilly crowd" quite enjoy the atmosphere. The rest of us elitist *******s can form our own club of properly versed, English sentences. Thank-you-very-much-Sir.

Hmmm, I think its about time we haggled Justin for the Elitiest Section :D. You have to be a megalomaniac, Ego driven, snooty and a total ass to join. Well... above all, you should be a Highlander fan (thankyou Quasi ;).)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HixGBwkAjT8

violentblossom
26-05-09, 14:09
I tthe majority of the mods do a good job but theres two i've been really annoyed with. One blatently just hates me and the second played a nasty joke on people which i believed and was dissapointed at. I think if a moderator makes you feel like **** or stupid or upset on these forums, the're obviously not doing their job properly and they should take note on this!!!!

If you have an issue with one of the moderators making you feel bad, why don't you try talking to them and letting them know whats bothering you? :)

scoopy_loopy
26-05-09, 14:17
Hmmm, I think its about time we haggled Justin for the Elitiest Section :D. You have to be a megalomaniac, Ego driven, snooty and a total ass to join. Well... above all, you should be a Highlander fan (thankyou Quasi ;).)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HixGBwkAjT8

Crickey :cln: :vlol:

thanatos
26-05-09, 14:19
****, double post. My bad.

she's bumping, ban her!!

Catapharact
26-05-09, 14:21
she's bumping, ban her!!

Second that motion ;). And now you are being mean and inconsiderate! How dare you speak to a forum member like that?!

]{eith
26-05-09, 14:23
You have to be a megalomaniac
Check.

Ego driven
Check.

snooty
Check.

and a total ass to join
Double check!

Wooh! I'm in! :yah:

violentblossom
26-05-09, 14:24
LOL, its not bumping if the thread is on the first page. :vlol:

And no, ban Cat first! :yik:

Okay, off topic... By the way, i think it shows alot for the mods to allow this to be open.. things would really suck if they didn't let us speak our minds.. about them, no less.

xXhayleyroxXx
26-05-09, 14:27
If you have an issue with one of the moderators making you feel bad, why don't you try talking to them and letting them know whats bothering you? :)

hiya, i have; very politely asked thm did they have an issue with things i was posting `cause most threads i make get closed by this mod, and i got a load od sarcasm back which i also questioned and then they said they'd ban me :S

I'm a mod on another site so i don't understand this irrational behaviour

scoopy_loopy
26-05-09, 14:27
LOL, its not bumping if the thread is on the first page. :vlol:

And no, ban Cat first! :yik:

Okay, off topic... By the way, i think it shows alot for the mods to allow this to be open.. things would really suck if they didn't let us speak our minds.. about them, no less.

hehehehe, maybe its because it would be obvious they would be preventing us from speaking our minds if they closed this thread. Im so cynical this evening.

Minty Mouth
26-05-09, 14:31
The mods are fine.

Although occasionally, their "witty" comments when closing threads or when giving people "vacations" can come off as a little harsh or offensive.

Not naming names :whi:

Its all in a days work right?

xXhayleyroxXx
26-05-09, 14:35
The mods are fine.

Although occasionally, their "witty" comments when closing threads or when giving people "vacations" can come off as a little harsh or offensive.

Not naming names :whi:

Its all in a days work right?

^^^ exactly, and i think you're meaning the mod who doesn't like me lol

TRhalloween
26-05-09, 14:49
^^^ exactly, and i think you're meaning the mod who doesn't like me lol

Neteru closed you're threads because they weren't needed. And he doesn't hate you. Just because someone acts slightly sarcastic towards someone doesn't mean they hate them. If you ever got into a conversation with Net, you'd see he's a very nice person. He acts the same way with everybody so he isn't out to get you or anything.
You can't honestly tell someone's emotions over the internet anyway.

To be honest, your approach wasn't very nice. You didn't seem very polite. I'd be lucky if he answered me at all if I had that attitude.

scoopy_loopy
26-05-09, 14:51
Someone pass the popcorn already.

touchthesky
26-05-09, 15:08
It's reasonable most of the time.

There is nothing more annoying than opening a thread and having to wait a gazillion years for the 3000x4000pxl picture to show up! Or seeing ten "Angelina back as Lara 2009!!!!" threads clogging up a page and pushing down more interseting threads...
So far I've not really seen anything particularly "oh my godz I'm a mod i needz to cloze." They, in my personal opinion, don't act all powerful..you can have a laugh with them...etc etc

The only thing I would say is sometimes I think it would be better to merge threads than close..because theres sometimes two threads that are just as interseting as each other and one inevitably gets closed.

jackles
26-05-09, 15:09
hehehehe, maybe its because it would be obvious they would be preventing us from speaking our minds if they closed this thread. Im so cynical this evening.

Or maybe we just can't be bothered! ;)

Personally I have been on un modded forums that were like the wild west, trolls picking on people, insults flying like bullets and swearing for england. It was awful and killed that forum. That was one of the reasons I joined here, it felt good.

People have to keep in mind that 'modding' is pretty impersonal in a sense. It is the 'act' not the person.

touchthesky
26-05-09, 15:11
Personally I have been on un modded forums that were like the wild west, trolls picking on people, insults flying like bullets and swearing for england. It was awful and killed that forum. That was one of the reasons I joined here, it felt good.

I know a forum like that...It's a bands official forum and theres only two admins, who are never on..The site has had to be shut down loads for spam problems, naked photos are posted...it's chaos.

violentblossom
26-05-09, 15:16
I know a forum like that...It's a bands official forum and theres only two admins, who are never on..The site has had to be shut down loads for spam problems, naked photos are posted...it's chaos.

exact same with one of mine, except they aren't Administrators and i don't know what happened to the Administrators.

the board right is shut down because it recently had techincal difficulties, but some friends and i have speculated that this is because the band came on, saw it, and were totally disgusted. :vlol:

Saphyre
26-05-09, 15:18
Not to mention Mods can have funny lines when they close a thread! :D Heres one of my faves

" This thread is way over two years old and Alister is dead.
I do not see the point of resurrecting either of them. "

- by Gabi in this thread: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=68292&page=2

TRhalloween
26-05-09, 15:22
Not to mention Mods can have funny lines when they close a thread! :D Heres one of my faves

- by Gabi in this thread: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=68292&page=2

They should have awards for these finishing lines :D

xXhayleyroxXx
26-05-09, 15:38
Neteru closed you're threads because they weren't needed. And he doesn't hate you. Just because someone acts slightly sarcastic towards someone doesn't mean they hate them. If you ever got into a conversation with Net, you'd see he's a very nice person. He acts the same way with everybody so he isn't out to get you or anything.
You can't honestly tell someone's emotions over the internet anyway.

To be honest, your approach wasn't very nice. You didn't seem very polite. I'd be lucky if he answered me at all if I had that attitude.

wern't needed? oh NICE
and i am very polite

Saphyre
26-05-09, 15:43
wern't needed? oh NICE
and i am very polite

You need to remember that its nothing personal when a mod closes your topics or things like that. You can be the nicest person in the world but if you post a thread thats too similar to another or is irrelevant in any way they'll close it.

tampi
26-05-09, 15:44
What is really annoying is some things that the moderators should do.
For example, that the sizes of the images.
Is there no software that can do that automatically? This would avoid a lot of misunderstandings.:)

Besides, I can not stop thinking they are doing an incredible job and benign with all members of the forum.
It is inevitable that they should exercise, ever, of "judges" or suppress certain basic instincts of the members.

:whi:...I often wish to strangle some members, thanks to the moderators my instincts are repressed. :ton::tea:

Very good job in my opinion :tmb: and I don't want soap nobody :p

xXhayleyroxXx
26-05-09, 15:46
You need to remember that its nothing personal when a mod closes your topics or things like that. You can be the nicest person in the world but if you post a thread thats too similar to another or is irrelevant in any way they'll close it.

it's not just that but saying i'm not polite isn't nice because i've bee brought up to be, and also a while back someone on the forums was horribe and my sister commented back and i got accused of making another account :S

sheepydee
26-05-09, 15:46
i dnt find it annoying thats jst the job of a moderator dear :p nd in anycase i think the mods are AWSOME :tmb:

Saphyre
26-05-09, 15:51
it's not just that but saying i'm not polite isn't nice because i've bee brought up to be, and also a while back someone on the forums was horribe and my sister commented back and i got accused of making another account :S

I understand its not nice to be wrongly accused. :hug:

violentblossom
26-05-09, 15:52

One of my favorite closings, thanks to Mr. Burns:

In our top story for the night, the Paris Hilton thread was killed by a fly by pigeon bombing. There were no survivors.

Closed.

xXhayleyroxXx
26-05-09, 15:53
lol yeah, i'm not sayng the mods dnt do a good job at all; i think people just misunderstoo me lol:hug:

Saphyre
26-05-09, 15:53

One of my favorite closings, thanks to Mr. Burns:

In our top story for the night, the Paris Hilton thread was killed by a fly by pigeon bombing. There were no survivors.

Closed.

:vlol: :vlol: I think that's a winner. We should really have an awards ceremony for these.

jackles
26-05-09, 15:55
:vlol: :vlol: I think that's a winner. We should really have an awards ceremony for these.

*makes mental note to add snappy comments when she closes threads* ;)

TRhalloween
26-05-09, 15:55
wern't needed? oh NICE

It's called 'honesty'.

xXhayleyroxXx
26-05-09, 15:58
if i've stopped complaing in a thread why prolong it? it's also called insulting and i can't be bothered with it, why not share more accounts of funny thread closures?

Saphyre
26-05-09, 16:00
*makes mental note to add snappy comments when she closes threads* ;)

Ooooh the competitions ON!

TRhalloween
26-05-09, 16:15
if i've stopped complaing in a thread why prolong it? it's also called insulting and i can't be bothered with it

OK then, how else would you describe your threads?

, why not share more accounts of funny thread closures?

Some might find that insulting.

jackles
26-05-09, 16:19
xXhayleyroxXx May I suggest if you have problems you talk to the mod concerned about it.

*coughs*

Now can we just get back to insulting us mods then please? ;)

]{eith
26-05-09, 16:24

Sure thing. The hack of you! Scarlet for you! :eek:

larafan25
26-05-09, 16:29
:eek::rolleyes:it would be interesting if moderators got paid:D

anyways enough about those moderators,don't you just hate them administrators,I mean we don't even need them to have this forum....

violentblossom
26-05-09, 16:34
In the "How do you like your eggs thread?":

"I like mine with a side of spam and a glass of closed thread." -Mr. Burns.

Minty Mouth
26-05-09, 16:35
In the "How do you like you egg thread?":

"I like mine with a side of spam and a glass of closed thread." -Mr. Burns.

I remember that one ^_^

spikejones
26-05-09, 17:18

no the hell we cant you arrogant assmunch that enjoys traipsing around the forum pressing the delete button on every thread you disagree with.

seriously.. if mods were to close every thread they disagreed with, the forum wouldn't have a Brit Spit thread (trust me). Its only the threads like "what are you eating at your keyboard" that get closed. Threads in which the discussion will lead to nowhere but spam. But here's the thing that gets on my nerves, and its not the moderators. Its the members who swarm into threads screaming "stop arguing" everytime there is a simple discussion between two people with differing opinions. That, my friends, is not an argument. Its a friendly debate. It only becomes an argument when people start attacking each other with name calling and the like. Simply disagreeing with your opinion is not an attack. And people need to realize that.

Saphyre
26-05-09, 17:26
no the hell we cant you arrogant assmunch that enjoys traipsing around the forum pressing the delete button on every thread you disagree with.

seriously.. if mods were to close every thread they disagreed with, the forum wouldn't have a Brit Spit thread (trust me). Its only the threads like "what are you eating at your keyboard" that get closed. Threads in which the discussion will lead to nowhere but spam. But here's the thing that gets on my nerves, and its not the moderators. Its the members who swarm into threads screaming "stop arguing" everytime there is a simple discussion between two people with differing opinions. That, my friends, is not an argument. Its a friendly debate. It only becomes an argument when people start attacking each other with name calling and the like. Simply disagreeing with your opinion is not an attack. And people need to realize that.

I think I did that yday in the fancomic thread :o :o

Changeling
26-05-09, 17:29
Its the members who swarm into threads screaming "stop arguing" everytime there is a simple discussion between two people with differing opinions. That, my friends, is not an argument. Its a friendly debate. It only becomes an argument when people start attacking each other with name calling and the like.

I agree, there's a fine line between a flame war argument and a debate.

jamieoliver22
26-05-09, 18:17
Its the members who swarm into threads screaming "stop arguing" everytime there is a simple discussion between two people with differing opinions. That, my friends, is not an argument.

Calm down! Stop arguing with everyone, geez...

;)

spikejones
26-05-09, 18:19
yeah.. and what's with the special members who get special titles?:p

Croft, Lara
26-05-09, 18:19
Will A Mod Just Bloody Close This Thread!!!!! I STARTED IT ON NOW I'M SICK OF IT!

:hea::hea::hea::hea::hea::hea::hea::hea::hea::hea: :hea::hea::hea::hea:

jamieoliver22
26-05-09, 18:20
yeah.. and what's with the special members who get special titles?:p

Unspeakable sexual favours...

violentblossom
26-05-09, 18:21
Will A Mod Just Bloody Close This Thread!!!!! I STARTED IT ON NOW I'M SICK OF IT!

Let's talk about this, though, why are you sick of it? :confused:

Truly, do you feel like your perception of the matter has changed and now the thread is pointless to you, or are you mad because you aren't fully agreed with an aren't getting sympathy?

spikejones
26-05-09, 18:22

hey... we're all having fun here. this could go in a decent direction if people but let it ;)
I knew it!! what's a guy gotta do to get a label that says "jackass"?

violentblossom
26-05-09, 18:23
Croft, Lara, your editing that last post is the virtual equivalent of a temper tantrum. :rolleyes:

Admles
26-05-09, 18:24
I have to say honestly that this forum is pretty easy going with regards to moderators, compared to other forums I've been on.

One forum I frequent, if you create a thread with a useless title (eg "Please help" or "A question"), it is deleted immediately (as it should be) and person is suspended for one week for attention seeking!

Croft, Lara
26-05-09, 18:34
Croft, Lara, your editing that last post is the virtual equivalent of a temper tantrum. :rolleyes:

I did have a likkle temper tantrum....:p

I was also a little cheesed off when I started this thread but I can't remember why.... :tea:

I change my statement to:

"Some mods are cool....others aren't. Especially the one who cancelled the "Eggs Thread"! Now lets live in perfect harmony!" :hug:

Can we all kiss now?

Saphyre
26-05-09, 18:35

:vlol: ....You Created A Monster.....

Quasimodo
26-05-09, 18:36

I vote they leave it open out of spite.

Catapharact
26-05-09, 18:37
Can we all kiss now?

No thanks. I am married.

Croft, Lara
26-05-09, 18:38
I vote they leave it open out of spite.

Well that's not bery neighbourly! I'm not sharing my cookies! :ton:

Quasimodo
26-05-09, 18:39
Well that's not bery neighbourly! I'm not sharing my cookies! :ton:

This is a sudden shift in gears from the tall red letters.

Croft, Lara
26-05-09, 18:41
This is a sudden shift in gears from the tall red letters.

I was angry as the first cookies burnt! But now these ones are niice so I'm calm! Cookies are my morphine!

TRhalloween
26-05-09, 18:42

Why would you want to show your anger over the internet? :confused:

Catapharact
26-05-09, 18:42
I was angry as the first cookies burnt! But now these ones are niice so I'm calm! Cookies are my morphine!

GASP! I knew it! Its the Cookie Monster!

http://www.dexterityconsulting.ca/files/u2/cookie-monster_with_text.jpg

violentblossom
26-05-09, 18:43
this spam.. it makes me itch..

patriots88888

So now we all know what all the fuss was about. Yup, them burnt cookies are really annoying. :vlol:

Angelus

Quasimodo
26-05-09, 18:44

pfftI WANT THE LAST GORRAM WORD.

Croft, Lara
26-05-09, 18:45
So now we all know what all the fuss was about. Yup, them burnt cookies are really annoying. :vlol:

Burnt cookies are poop! Speshly burnt peanut butter cookies! GRRR :hea:

Angelus
26-05-09, 18:46
pfftI WANT THE LAST GORRAM WORD.

WELL I WANT IT :mad::mad:

Croft, Lara
26-05-09, 18:48
WELL I WANT IT :mad::mad:

NOPE! It's MINE

]{eith
26-05-09, 18:58
http://i41.************/2zgufd3.jpg

TRhalloween
26-05-09, 18:59
Maybe the mods are trying to show us what it would be like if we spammed and the thread didn't close :p

Marianna12
26-05-09, 19:00
Maybe the mods are trying to show us what it would be like if we spammed and the thread didn't close :p

My thoughts exactly!;)
I'm curious...when will they close it?????:confused:

Saphyre
26-05-09, 19:03
Whenever it is, I hope they do a funny one liner before they do :D

Quasimodo
26-05-09, 19:04

Or seeing how deep a hole people will dig themselves into. There's a little sadist in all of us :whi:

SamReeves
26-05-09, 19:08
Yes there are annoying people on the internet…but what else is new?

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9940/warfgif.gif

TombRaiderLover
26-05-09, 19:09

Conspiracy! :eek:

viper456
26-05-09, 19:13
Ima bit tipsy and even I can see how silly people are being! Deal with it. You read the T&C or you should of!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Reggie
26-05-09, 19:14
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg156/tr3mansionproj/LegendaryThread.jpg

Simply because this thread is somehow hilarious.

xXhayleyroxXx
26-05-09, 19:15
OK then, how else would you describe your threads?

Some might find that insulting.

I went to visit my gran and now i'm back i find yet more annoyance. My threads? The threads i start i make rarely and are used to showcase my drawings or to show off a find to all tomb raider fans. Just like most threads, I know the mod rules as i've read them on this site and I'm a mod on another forum. and how is that insulting? i merely said they should keep the conversation running and not linger on us two apparetly insulting one another.
Now can we please just keep ontopic?

@Jackles - i already have but thanks anyway

Marianna12
26-05-09, 19:19
Ima bit tipsy and even I can see how silly people are being! Deal with it. You read the T&C or you should of!weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Simply because this thread is somehow hilarious.

Agreed!:tmb:

sandygrimm
26-05-09, 19:22
thought I'd spam a bit too

http://i44.************/2csb7mx.jpg

Changeling
26-05-09, 19:28
I'm beginning to like this thread.

http://www.lolcats.com/images/u/07/32/lolcatsdotcomclu5vrpst727hzii.jpg

Croft, Lara
26-05-09, 19:30
http://www.carinsurancewomen.org.uk/images/box_swheels.jpg

SPAM!

TombRaiderLover
26-05-09, 19:31
You guys are soooo going to Hell! :p

sandygrimm
26-05-09, 19:32
You guys are soooo going to Hell! :p

so?.. It's so much fun to be naughty than nice

violentblossom
26-05-09, 19:34
This thread is ironic in that now it really is going to show where the forum would be without anyone to tidy up. O.O

Changeling
26-05-09, 19:35
This thread is ironic in that now it really is going to show where the forum would be without anyone to tidy up. O.O

Exactly what I was thinking. :eek:

Tony9595
26-05-09, 19:43
My God! Whatīs become of this thread :eek:!

Spam Galore :yik:!!

MODS!!! Where are you? :(

sandygrimm
26-05-09, 19:46
oh leave em out of this.. it's good to let out some steam every now ant than

Saphyre
26-05-09, 19:46
Oh the irony... its killing me... :vlol:

CerebralAssassin
26-05-09, 19:47
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r206/CerebralAssassin1983/funny-pictures-this-is-not-an-ice-c.jpg

Marianna12
26-05-09, 19:48
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r206/CerebralAssassin1983/funny-pictures-this-is-not-an-ice-c.jpg

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!
:vlol::vlol::vlol::vlol::vlol:

xXhayleyroxXx
26-05-09, 19:48
^^^ aww the hedgehog in the icecream cone is adorable!

Draco
26-05-09, 19:49
So...how bout them local sports teams?

Angelus
26-05-09, 19:50
Ima bit tipsy and even I can see how silly people are being! Deal with it. You read the T&C or you should of!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

http://i43.************/2dqu5nk.jpg

You wanna be starting something?

LaraCroftRox
26-05-09, 19:51
I just stumbled into this thread and saw this:

And the whole of page 16. 0_o.

Would it be okay to ask, what's going on here? 0_o.

Changeling
26-05-09, 19:54
...And the whole of page 16. 0_o.

Would it be okay to ask, what's going on here? 0_o.

It was a joke as to why some members get special titles. ;)

LaraCroftRox
26-05-09, 19:55
It was a joke as to why some members get special titles. ;)

Ohh. But how do you explain the rest of the thread? :vlol:

xXhayleyroxXx
26-05-09, 19:57
Ohh. But how do you explain the rest of the thread? :vlol:

we're basically whingeing and being naughty haha

Marianna12
26-05-09, 19:59
ohh. But how do you explain the rest of the thread? :vlol:

one word: Spamming!:d

]{eith
26-05-09, 19:59
http://i43.************/2dqu5nk.jpg

You wanna be starting something?

:vlol: What is that from? The tension!! :vlol:

Angelus
26-05-09, 20:02
{eith;3676690']:vlol: What is that from? The tension!! :vlol:

How I Met Your Mother. :D

GenyaArikado
26-05-09, 20:14
if jennifer lopez butt were a forum spam thread, it would be this one:D

Haaaydeen
26-05-09, 20:19
They do get a bit annoying you have to admit, but it is their job to keep the forum from becoming a spam house.

GenyaArikado
26-05-09, 20:21
They do get a bit annoying you have to admit, but it is their job to keep the forum from becoming a spam house.

true

Love2Raid
26-05-09, 21:21
What a nice experiment (this thread). :)

TombRaiderLover
26-05-09, 21:44
Where are the mods, where are the mods,
Where are, where are, where are, the mods?!

See what I did there? :p

Haaaydeen
26-05-09, 21:46
What a nice experiment (this thread). :)

Yeah good experiment for getting banned lol

Reggie
26-05-09, 21:54
Hmm not really. I just find this refreshingly funny (for now). If it was like this all the time I wouldn't be here but why be serious about something you actually find quite hilarious? This appeals to my quirky sense of humour. :p Anyhow, if the mods weren't thinking the same, they would have shut this one down ages ago. Like someone further back said, they're real people too!

Biddy
26-05-09, 21:54
I didn't realize how ironic this thread was until now! :vlol:

violentblossom
26-05-09, 21:56
Hmm not really. I just find this refreshingly funny (for now). If it was like this all the time I wouldn't be here but why be serious about something you actually find quite hilarious? This appeals to my quirky sense of humour. :p Anyhow, if the mods weren't thinking the same, they would have shut this one down ages ago. Like someone further back said, they're real people too!

Hehe, i said that. :p

Yeah, i s'pose you're right. :D

Nitro Typhoon
26-05-09, 22:06
Trust me. I've seen MUCH worse forums. I've seen forums where moderators close threads for fun.

Angelus
26-05-09, 22:08
As Alanis might have said:

"Isn't this thread irrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrronic?"

Reggie
26-05-09, 22:14
As Alanis might have said:

"Isn't this thread irrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrronic?"
Don'tcha think?
A little too ironic...and, yeah, I really do think...
Its like It's like rain on your wedding day
It's a free ride when you've already paid
It's the good advice that Croft, Lara just didn't take
Who would've thought... it figures.

Lee croft
26-05-09, 22:20
Don'tcha think?

alins morrisette i love that song ironic

Croft, Lara
26-05-09, 22:24
Don'tcha think?

:( I'm sending you negative thoughts! :p

Neteru
26-05-09, 22:29
Do we all feel better now? Yes? Good. Free hugs via PM for those still in need. Special offer, one day only. 3 for 2. No kissing allowed (except for Catapharact ... *excercises tongue in readiness*).