PDA

View Full Version : Eh bro, you slept with my cousin, oi!

Phoebe_Croft
26-05-09, 09:29
Hey there. Sorry if this has been posted before, but it was pretty funny. This post is late, but I think it's funny so I wanted to show you. Please close if unnecessary

Okay, so there was an incident at Hills Cross, in Sydney, Australia. It involved a shooting or something like that. Anyway, one of the witnesses (Clare Werbeloff ) had made a fake story of what happened. It's pretty funny and OFFENSIVE. you shouldn't watch it if you're not mature enough, I'll take no responsibility whatsoever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0L2VaTWs9s&feature=channel_page

Oh, and to make it clear, I'll repeat this sentence to make things clear. The shooting incident, or whatever happened, happened. But the witness (The female who is one the video) told the camera people a lie. Meaning that the story that she said, did not happen. Her story wasn't real, but the actual shooting did happen. But we do not know what really happened, or do we?

Nannonxyay
26-05-09, 09:30
Well, if it's offensive shouldn't it be in Mature General Chat?

TRenTIs
26-05-09, 10:12
^ Well it's on the news and in the papers, so I think it's fine to have it in GC.

I have heard some stories about this woman. She is like famous, now.

Minty Mouth
26-05-09, 10:12
Not funny.

I dont get it :confused: oh well.

Johnnay
26-05-09, 10:31
Click Click BOOM

rofl i liked it when she said that

Lintal
26-05-09, 11:18
From the title i thought it would have been something to do with NZ, the whole bro, cousin and oi thing lol

jjbennett
26-05-09, 11:26
Is this real?
Comments like, "i saw the gun, it was like a glock 9, it was awesome" make me think no.

Phoebe_Croft
26-05-09, 11:27
Is this real?
Comments like, "i saw the gun, it was like a glock 9, it was awesome" make me think no.

The incident was, but the witness faked the story.

Tjw croft
26-05-09, 11:35
Kinda funny :) Click click boom? Not unless he had a shotgun.

scoopy_loopy
26-05-09, 11:37
:vlol:

Yeah it took me ages to discover this too, I mean - she was in the news, but I hadnt seen the video till just now.

I think it displays at least *some* kind of brain to see the humour in this, I thought it was brilliant.

It was very Aussie - there's just been a shooting, let's make it funny :tea:

(Seriously the people sending her death threats need to re-prioritize... the guy didnt die - she wasnt going out of her way to make money from this either)

BTW; the guy with the glasses and that chick that tries to pull him away... are so obviously drunk its funny.

Phoebe_Croft
26-05-09, 11:41

Yeah it took me ages to discover this too, I mean - she was in the news, but I hadnt seen the video till just now.

I think it displays at least *some* kind of brain to see the humour in this, I thought it was brilliant.

It was very Aussie - there's just been a shooting, let's make it funny :tea:

(Seriously the people sending her death threats need to re-prioritize... the guy didnt die - she wasnt going out of her way to make money from this either)

BTW; the guy with the glasses and that chick that tries to pull him away... are so obviously drunk its funny.

The funniest bit was when she mentioned *wogs*. When I first watched it on Rove, I laughed so hard!

TRhalloween
26-05-09, 11:42
OFFENSIVE. you shouldn't watch it if you're not mature enough, I'll take no responsibility whatsoever.

It's not the case of not being mature enough, the woman was being racist. "Wog" is a derogatory term towards black people.

Phoebe_Croft
26-05-09, 11:46
It's not the case of not being mature enough, the woman was being racist. "Wog" is a derogatory term towards black people.

Doesn't Wog mean European? Yes, because she was being racist, what I meant by mature is that you're not secretly under age, and you act sensibly when watching it.

scoopy_loopy
26-05-09, 11:48
bahahahahaha! Wog meaning black people... I knew this would happen..."Wog" was actually used to label Italian and Greek immigrants, decades ago it was offensive yes. But... its not really racism anymore, at least not in this video anyway. If it had been white people she probably would have said "these two white blokes blah blah blah chk-chk boom." I know wogs that call themselves wogs, most are proud of it... Ever seen the movie "The Wog boy?"

take this as it is :p A woman taking the media for a ride! Good on her for showing us the media will LEAP onto anything that will get peoples attention - even if its not true or important...

EDIT; Btw, could you link us to the Rove show where he talks about this? Id love to see it but I cant find it on youtube, maybe you might know some better keywords.

thanatos
26-05-09, 12:42

bahahahahaha! Wog meaning black people... I knew this would happen..."Wog" was actually used to label Italian and Greek immigrants, decades ago it was offensive yes. But... its not really racism anymore, at least not in this video anyway. If it had been white people she probably would have said "these two white blokes blah blah blah chk-chk boom." I know wogs that call themselves wogs, most are proud of it... Ever seen the movie "The Wog boy?"

take this as it is :p A woman taking the media for a ride! Good on her for showing us the media will LEAP onto anything that will get peoples attention - even if its not true or important...

In the UK Wog is a very old degoratory slur against black people that stems from the Golliwog dolls.

In Australia it crossed over from the British immigrants and become offensive slang to mean non-british europeans.
(The things you learn when you go to a British school populated by new zealanders in Malaysia.)

michaeldt
26-05-09, 12:48
seems a bit stupid to pull out a gun and shoot someone for that....

scoopy_loopy
26-05-09, 12:55
seems a bit stupid to pull out a gun and shoot someone for that....

... er? No one actually knows why he was actually shot. She was taking the media for a spin.

cTTw9zk0RmA

Take alook at that, its obvious she's just taking the media for a spin (she admits it even) - she's explained that "wog" wasnt being racist, like I said, it was a 60's and 70's thing. "I don't know what I have fans for". As well as apologising for taking the attention away from the actual crime and the victim, seriously, good on her for showing the world how rediculous the media has become.

I love her honesty, frankly - I think she's a legend (And she's got balls, mocking gang violence like that :p ). And if this thread is closed, I was be very dissapointed with this forum.

http://gdayworld.thepodcastnetwork.com/page/2/[/url] "]Clare Werbeloff has punk’d the news. Brilliant. For years the news media have been punking us. It took Clare Werbeloff to turn the tables. She punk’d them. She made up the entire “chk chk boom” story on the spur of the moment. What talent! What creativity! What balls!

Years from now, when studying how the media died, I’m sure journalism professors will point to Clare as one of the defining moments. She perfected the media punk model.

1. Be in the right place at the right time.

2. Find a news crew.

3. Make sure you’re looking hawt - the news doesn’t talk to fuglies.

4. Create a somewhat believable story.

5. Here’s the most important part - Come up with an instant catch phrase that works as a 10 second sound bite!

Together we can speed up the end of the old media by punking them over and over, day and night. They won’t know who to believe. And let’s face it - they won’t care. It’s not like they have cared much about what’s true for the last 20 years anyway. What they care about are the three S’s: sensationalism, scandal, and selling advertising. So this is just taking their model to its natural conclusion.

PUNK THE NEWS!

Excellent :D

Goose
26-05-09, 13:38
Wog is a derogatory term for black people here, not euro's, Wop is Euro's.

Golly Wogs used to be on Marmalade here, which were cartoons of black people, so the name wog pretty much came from there. In Australia its for Eastern europeans and middle eastern people.

scoopy_loopy
26-05-09, 13:40
Wog can be as offensive as you like in England. In Australia, it means Italian/Greek/Macedonian - whatever. It is hardly offensive at all? She certainly didnt intend is as racism.

thanatos
26-05-09, 13:56
I think we've cleared up the Wog usage now!

Personally I didn't get the impression that what she was making up was particularly clever or a well thought out trick to show how vulnerable the public media is, seems to me she just wanted to get a quick shot on TV, despite whatever she says now she's had time to think it all over.
Certainly don't think she deserves all the hate she's getting though.

scoopy_loopy
26-05-09, 14:03
Wether she did it on purpose or not, she still did point out this massive flaw in modern media.

But she knew what she was doing, she admitted to taking them for "a ride", "a spin" - whatever.

Greenkey2
26-05-09, 14:16
How is this funny? A shooting takes place and someone on the street who decides to grab her five minutes of fame by making something up is suddenly applauded?

That's like being cornered by a camera crew at the site of a plane crash and saying, "yeah man, I saw the whole thing! The pilot was screaming like a little girl the whole way down!"

Please...

I wasn't thinking at the time and I just thought it'd be a little bit of fun and make a few people laughShe has a good attitude towards violence - namely she doesn't condone it - but even after the victim was pronounced fine at the hospital afterwards, it doesn't (in my view) constitute something humourous.

It's sad that she chose this situation as an opportunity to grab some attention, and sadder that the media have taken her up on it.

@ Phoebe_Croft: by posting something on the forum you ARE taking responsibility for the content. If you deem it as potentially offensive, don't post it. End of story.

scoopy_loopy
26-05-09, 14:19
How is this funny? A shooting takes place and someone on the street who decides to grab her five minutes of fame by making something up is suddenly applauded?

That's like being cornered by a camera crew at the site of a plane crash and saying, "yeah man, I saw the whole thing! The pilot was screaming like a little girl the whole way down!"

Please...

She has a good attitude towards violence - namely she doesn't condone it - but even after the victim was pronounced fine at the hospital afterwards, it doesn't (in my view) constitute something humourous.

It's sad that she chose this situation as an opportunity to grab some attention, and sadder that the media have taken her up on it.

The point exactly :D

I think in Australia, the standards of the media are atrociously low. Maybe it takes an Aussie to get this... I just thought what she's shown to the nation is very good point.

I haven't seen any other coverage on shooting. Its all about her - and even she says she doesnt know what she has fans for, and apologised for taking the attention away from the actual crime.

--Shouldnt the media be apologising?

Rai
26-05-09, 14:28
^ totally agree with you there, Greenkey. You said what I was thinking only far more articulatory.

I fail to understand how someone can become infamous for no apparent reason. She made a joke out of a serious situation and now she has her own merchandise and fans? Oh dear, we have ourselves another Jordan. :rolleyes:

remote91
26-05-09, 14:29
Fit and funny. Good for her :p

Angelus
26-05-09, 14:38
Chk Chk BOOM

TombRaiderLover
26-05-09, 14:45
Chk Chk BOOM

My sentiments exactly. :vlol:

TRhalloween
26-05-09, 14:52
Haha somebody got shot but nevermind.

Angelus
26-05-09, 14:52
Haha somebody got shot but nevermind.

:rolleyes:

Larapink
26-05-09, 14:53
What the :cen:? :eek:

I rarely use swearing smiley that smiley only for occasions such as this..

irjudd
26-05-09, 14:53
Can someone summarize what the opening post says in a less painful-to-read manner?

TRhalloween
26-05-09, 14:55
:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: back at you :confused:

I'm just more concerned with someone being potentially killed than someone else having 5 seconds of comedy over it.

remote91
26-05-09, 14:56
:rolleyes: back at you :confused:

I'm just more concerned with someone being potentially killed than someone else having 5 seconds of comedy over it.
I wonder what he thinks of the video if he has seen it.

TRhalloween
26-05-09, 14:57
Can someone summarize what the opening post says in a less painful-to-read manner?

Thank God, so I'm not on an LSD trip? :p

I wonder what he thinks of the video if he has seen it.

He might not be too keen. Even looking back on it could give you some painful memories.

]{eith
26-05-09, 14:58
Thank God, so I'm not on an LSD trip? :p

No, you are but it's still hard to read. And what she said wasn't funny to me. It was just stupid. :confused:

Goose
26-05-09, 14:59
Wog can be as offensive as you like in England. In Australia, it means Italian/Greek/Macedonian - whatever. It is hardly offensive at all? She certainly didnt intend is as racism.

Lol, you do realise that the term Wop in America or England when refering to italian or greeks is as racist as any other term. Although Italian isn't a race, its just deemed as racist.

Unless she was referring to English people, i wouldnt find it offensive if she was.

scoopy_loopy
26-05-09, 14:59

"Clare" states that two "Wogs" got into an argument over the "fatter" one sleeping with the other's cousin (or the other way around, its irrelevant). The "fat" one then pulls out a gun and "chk-chk-boom" as she puts it.

Its either a great satire on Australian Media, and media in gereneral - or she was after the limelight and now the contry is divided on whether she's a ****** worthy of "Cory Worthington", or a genius.

I think she's brilliant.

Lol, you do realise that the term Wop in America or England when refering to italian or greeks is as racist as any other term.

Its not racist in Australia, unless you want it to be. She didnt. People need to get over the racism factor.

jackles
26-05-09, 15:01
Just one little point re: calling people 'names', just because your skin is also white doesn't negate from the fact that calling other people 'wops' 'wogs' or whatever is racist and insulting. Anyone doing that over here would be..and has been dragged through the press for being racist.

Other than that..she needs to get a life.

Scoopy loopy..to my eyes it does appear racist...no matter how much you tell us it is okay.

Goose
26-05-09, 15:01
Its not racist in Australia, unless you want it to be. She didnt. People need to get over the racism factor.

I find it funny.

But seriously, you think she was being nice? It is obviously a derogatory term.

violentblossom
26-05-09, 15:02
that was lame. :confused:

wonder would happen here if someone did that..

Goose
26-05-09, 15:05
that was lame. :confused:

wonder would happen here if someone did that..

Somthing that involves several policeman and possibly a taser, and one of the policemen would be overweight aswell, which would lead to a later news story about the state of some policeman in the force..... then possibly they would have an undercover special about the whole thing, depending if it was Fox or MSNBC.

maximum_123
26-05-09, 15:06
...Great remix.

3SwPvCY6Yi0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SwPvCY6Yi0

violentblossom
26-05-09, 15:07
Somthing that involves several policeman and possibly a taser, and one of the policemen would be overweight aswell, which would lead to a later news story about the state of some policeman in the force.....

:vlol: probably.

and someone would claim sexism/racism/ageism or maybe all 3.

Goose
26-05-09, 15:08
:vlol: probably.

and someone would claim sexism/racism/ageism.

Leading to a documentary hosted by Chris Hanson!

violentblossom
26-05-09, 15:11
Leading to a documentary hosted by Chris Hanson!

you, sir, are now officially an honorary American. :p

Angelus
26-05-09, 15:13
...Great remix.

3SwPvCY6Yi0

maximum_123
26-05-09, 15:17

:vlol: There's tons of them.

oksXTbcOT08

Goose
26-05-09, 15:18
you, sir, are now officially an honorary American. :p

Lol, if there was a documentary hosted by Chris, i would actually watch it.

jackles
26-05-09, 15:31
:vlol: There's tons of them.

but lets not post them. ;)

thanks!

irjudd
26-05-09, 15:39
Hmmm I guess you have to have a different style of humor to find this stuff hilaaaaaaarious. Or even smart. Or cool. Or remotely interesting. It's just some ho talking on camera.

Spong
26-05-09, 15:46
Hmmm I guess you have to have a different style of humor to find this stuff hilaaaaaaarious. Or even smart. Or cool. Or remotely interesting. It's just some ho talking on camera.

I second that.

Tony9595
26-05-09, 16:45
*Chck Chck BOOM!!*