PDA

View Full Version : TR1 Replacement CD's

CPB178
26-05-09, 12:27
hello! I've been having a few problems trying to create a replacement CD (to bring back TR1's Audio) with Nero, I create the cd extra/mixed mode cd, by adding the audio and Data etc. then burn it, but when i come to put the CD in the PC, the game runs fine but still no audio:hea::confused: anyone any ideas whats causing this :p

thanks

gidierre
26-05-09, 13:01
when i come to put the CD in the PC, the game runs fine but still no audio:hea::confused: anyone any ideas whats causing this

well, even as the cd replacement is absolutely ok
(btw can you play the tracks with any player?)
it doesn't mean audio is surely going to be heard unfortunately

just like with my own tr1 cd for instance, which is the 1996 original thing
there's no assumption to make
it depends on what settings or emulator you're using (glidos, dgvoodoo etc.)
combined with your windows version (xp/vista, 32/64bit and so on).

So what is it for you?

CPB178
26-05-09, 13:04
Thanks for the reply:)

Yes, I can play the CD Tracks with any player.

I'm using the DOSBox Emulator

I'm playing on Vista

In 32bit

gidierre
26-05-09, 13:24
>Yes, I can play the CD Tracks with any player

good, so the cd was burned fine

>I'm using the DOSBox Emulator I'm playing on Vista

yes, but precisely what dosbox setup?
because some versions aren't vista-compliant as far as cdaudio play is concerned
actually my own zip should make it, but if you're referring to the installer by Chris Ware at mintrasystem v. 1.1, well it doesn't (yet)

but.. hear, hear

latest v. 1.2 that Chris (and I) have just made up
and appeared today here
http://trld.mintrasystems.com/tr1setup/
ought to make this and other little tricks, so try it :)

CPB178
26-05-09, 13:36
Well, that installer made the sounds work! But (i think this is just a cock-up i made when burning the CD:p) the sounds are in the wrong order, i get a spooky cave sound when at the title screen, and also, the menu ring keeps spinning constantly, i can't stop it:hea:!!

EDIT: Got the sounds working, now i just have the controll problem :)

CPB178
26-05-09, 14:42
Control problem is fixed now, but a new problem has arisen :hea:, whenever lara is in front of an object (like a door, or a plant etc) lara seems to go invisible, or like the object is in front of lara maybe, eventhough it's not! Any ideas:(

EDIT: DAMN! Sorry about the double post :(

gidierre
26-05-09, 20:47
whenever lara is in front of an object (like a door, or a plant etc) lara seems to go invisible, or like the object is in front of lara maybe, eventhough it's not! Any ideas

I assume you're already using v1.2 of the installer, correct?

so I'm afraid this bug has something to do with the problem that TRfan23 talks about just today in this thread (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=3675963&postcount=87)
does it

other than that, after getting visual glitches clearly wrapper related, I should advise you to try the alternate dgvoodoo solution too.