PDA

View Full Version : Can i have some help? With this

sheepydee
26-05-09, 19:57
Hey :wve:
can somenoe help? ive been writing an english solo talk for tomorrow and ive typed it all up but im not sure if its actually any good so i was wondering if anyone could have a little read and tell me if stuff should be improved?
here it is:

Hello , today im doing my solo talk on one of my most favourite singers , "Kate Bush"
born on the 30th of july in 1958 currently 50 , she signed a recording deal with EMI
when she was reccomended by David Gilmour at the age of 16. in 1978 she topped the UK chart
for 4 weeks with her Debut song , Wuthering Heights , inspired by Emily Bronte's book Wutehring
Heights . Her first album "The Kick Inside" released in 1978 when she 19 but some of her songs
written when she was about 13 years old , which was in an UNRELEASED album by the Unofficial name
of "Alone At My Piano" it was an unnoficial name because it wasnt even released but i managed to
put it together after collecting some of her very rare demo's such as "Feeling Like A Waltz" and
"Something Like A Song" after a lot of finding and such i managed to collect just about every single
known one about. the album Kick Inside featured "Wuthering Heights" and another hit named
"The Man With The Child In His Eyes" and it went on to win her Ivor Novello Award in 1979 for Outstanding British Lyric
her second album "Lionheart" contains some of my favourite songs for example "Wow" and "Hammer Horror"
and that album was also released in 1978.

Her next album "Never Forever" also holds one of her biggest hits by the name of "Babooshka" which was
an international Hit , also the album contains other famous songs called "Army Dreamers" and "Breathing"
that album was released in 1980

Two years later she came out with her next album named "The Dreaming" which contains songs written completely
by herself which was not as such a success as the previous albums , although i find it being one of my favourites..

her next album i am about to mention , released in 1985 her most famous album "The Hounds Of Love" which
contains one of her most well known songs "Running Up That Hill" which was a HUGE hit reaching number 1
the album had 2 sides , side A was "hounds Of Love" the B-side of the album "The Ninth Wave" which the songs in it
i discovered appear to be telling the story of a woman who is lost at sea and facing the threat of drowning.

The next album to be released is "The Sensual World " released in 1989 it was one of her more serious albums
instead of like her other albums.. i have to say its not one of my favourite albums , but it contains the song
"This Woman's Work" which was a big hit

The next album to be released was "The Red Shoes" in 1993 , a HUGE gap left in between from 1989 - 1993
this album had a short film made for it called "The Line The Cross And The Curve " featuring Kate of course and
Miranda Richardson.. the story goes that a woman got some red shoes that couldnt stop dancing the only wat to stop
it was with The Line The Cross and the Curve..

Then it was an even bigger gap from 1993 - 2005 to her next release of the album "Ariel" which was a big hit

there was an Album released in 1986 a compilation album of her best songs and a Redone version of
Wuthering Heights.

Also a Discocgraphy named "This Womans Work" containing ALL her albums and also it has 2 extra CD's containing
new songs like "Experiment IV" and "Lord Of The Reedy River" and a lot of other songs

this concludes my talk of my favourite singer as you can see i know quite a bit about her music , and i must say
i am quite lucky to have been able to find the Demo's she has they are very rare.. so i burned them all to a CD and
will keep it.

Thanx for listening

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^^^ wut you think? is it ok or should i add other stuff in?

I'd be very greatful if anyone has any tips or anythign :D

xXhayleyroxXx
26-05-09, 20:04
I think it's great :) Maybe add in how she sang about washermachines lol
i do a level englsh literature and as long as you speak about her work with a passion you're sorted!

sheepydee
26-05-09, 20:06
I think it's great :) Maybe add in how she sang about washermachines lol
i do a level englsh literature and as long as you speak about her work with a passion you're sorted!

lmao that song was a legend "Mrs Bartolozzi" or suttn XD but thanx :D
i hope my teacher likes it and i hope it will have a passble grade its for my standard grade folio you see

xXhayleyroxXx
26-05-09, 20:13
it's realy good, of couse it will pass :) :hug:

sheepydee
26-05-09, 20:14
it's realy good, of couse it will pass :) :hug:

yay thanks :hug: :D :D :D

Laralissa
26-05-09, 20:17
Apart from the fact you didnt mention 'Cloudbusting' it's very good and Im sure you'll do well :)

Offtopic: By the way Sheepy, don't get ill anytime soon, Im working at the hospital this week! Haha

sheepydee
26-05-09, 20:19
Apart from the fact you didnt mention 'Cloudbusting' it's very good and Im sure you'll do well :)

Offtopic: By the way Sheepy, don't get ill anytime soon, Im working at the hospital this week! Haha

oh you work at raigmore? cool :tmb: wuts ur job there??

Laralissa
26-05-09, 20:21
oh you work at raigmore? cool :tmb: wuts ur job there??

Haha Im on work experience from the college for the week, Im just working with various receptionists. Mainly in the maternity ward, so as long as you dont have a VERY unexpected pregnancy you'll be fine haha. Anyway enough of my rambling, better leave this to open chat :p

sheepydee
26-05-09, 20:21
Haha Im on work experience from the college for the week, Im just working with various receptionists. Mainly in the maternity ward, so as long as you dont have a VERY unexpected pregnancy you'll be fine haha. Anyway enough of my rambling, better leave this to open chat :p

lmao , good luck :tmb:

Haaaydeen
26-05-09, 20:26
It is truely a spectacular speech. I think it will go very well for you :hug:

]{eith
26-05-09, 20:27
That was great! I really enjoyed reading it. Maybe you should mention that Never For Ever was also the first female written album to go to number one in the UK? That's a very impressive feat for Kate. :)

sheepydee
26-05-09, 20:27
It is truely a spectacular speech. I think it will go very well for you :hug:

:D thank so much :D
@ ]{eith : :) im glad you liked it , and yeah i'll add that in :D i'll tell you how i get on :D